Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

14 minutes ago, William Wallace said:

Doubling up I see.  Absolutely ridiculous last couple of posts from you. How can she know football as well as most chairs, when she’s publicly stated she leaves that to Levein?  

ridiculous.

Personslly, , if I was CeO or chsir of a footbsll club fir five years and also on the SFA I think I would hope I would know a bit about football?

is doubling up the same as agreeing with someone?  😄

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Genuine fans reference is for the attention of the media boys such as Stewart. Not the fan that turns up or even don't turn up. IMO.

Worrying in a way because it implies Budge does not see any merit in criticism from this source even when at times it has made sense outwith the personal hatred.

"We will continue to scrutinise our on-field performances and should we feel our plans are going astray and our approach needs to be adjusted, we will respond accordingly."

“Be assured that we are not ‘burying our heads in the sand’; we are in constant dialogue about performances and what is going wrong on the pitch; and we are waiting (im)patiently for the return from injury of some of our key players, and no-one is more impatient than those players themselves."

My take on the extracts in bold is Levein has been told urgent improvement is needed or they (Budge, The Board) will take the action we all want. 

He’s had  the dreaded vote of confidence next will be the door if there’s no immediate wins. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

"We will continue to scrutinise our on-field performances and should we feel our plans are going astray and our approach needs to be adjusted, we will respond accordingly."

“Be assured that we are not ‘burying our heads in the sand’; we are in constant dialogue about performances and what is going wrong on the pitch; and we are waiting (im)patiently for the return from injury of some of our key players, and no-one is more impatient than those players themselves."

My take on the extracts in bold is Levein has been told urgent improvement is needed or they (Budge, The Board) will take the action we all want. 

He’s had  the dreaded vote of confidence next will be the door if there’s no immediate wins. 

If we muster up a few wins we'll still end up long-term losers. There is little chance this ends positively. I would personally prefer short term suffering.

Toxteth O'Grady

There is no chance whatsoever that the old attention seeker will leave. CL will need a few good results now or he will be leaned on to go. It’s an awful statement though that  doesn’t endear her to those of us that have kept the club afloat 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I hope you’re right, there are other parts of the statement that indicates she really doesn’t want to do that and maybe another plan to give him even more of our  money to waste might be made.

This was a classic damned is she does, damned if she doesn’t situation.  

I completely understand the reaction to it.  I wonder if she regrets some of her choice of words.  But I think where she has gone awry here is that she should have made a statement to the fans rather than the pundits, Michael Stewart in particular. When she says ‘genuine’, I think she means the support in general, as opposed to the likes of Michael Stewart who claims to be a Hearts fan.  A lot of the statement is aimed at commentators ‘outside’ of the club.

Another alternative take is that it’s quite a strong stance.  The easy thing to do would be to replace Levein.  Rightly or wrongly, she believes he can turn things round, or perhaps has been convinced to give him a bit more time.  

There’s. A lot of anger in the statement. It wouldn’t surprise me if some of that anger is down to the fact that results and performances are allowing the counter narrative to take root.

personally, I think his his days are numbered.  It will have to be an absolutely phenomenal turnaround in results and performance for anything other than a change of management.  

20 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Folk say they love seeing me lose my shit on this board?

This thread is like manna from heaven seeing all my favourite posters have a collective breakdown.

The fantastic thing is all the over the top rage and pathetic protests are clearly having the opposite effect of the intention.

Superb.

As our owner is sane, unlike our last one, I will trust her judgement on this.

:)

What a sad way to get your kicks! 😏

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

If we muster up a few wins we'll still end up long-term losers. There is little chance this ends positively. I would personally prefer short term suffering.

A few wins will only prolong the agony for the fans for sure. In truth we need a long run of wins which catapult us up to the top three or four. At present I see very little chance of that happening as my confidence in the robustness of our squad is suspect to be generous. We are very injury prone for some bizarre reason. No idea why but it’s hamstrung squad, literally in some cases. 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Cup finals, very good league positions (including two 3rds in a row with us that has not been repeated), good European achievements (ground breaking in Scottish terms in the Europa League) experience at two top clubs in Scotland and one in England, managed your home country at international level, helped to develop countless good young players, only sacked twice (so far :) ), probably I'm guessing an above average win% overall. It's an excellent CV that we are very unlikely to see matched by our next manager, which in itself shows what a lottery finding a good manager is (we can but dream though).

Tell me you’re trolling!  😂😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I hope you’re right, there are other parts of the statement that indicates she really doesn’t want to do that and maybe another plan to give him even more of our  money to waste might be made.

I think there’s a point, that Budge will be aware of that throwing money at the problem won’t guarantee Levein gets us out of this deep hole we find ourselves in. 

Apart from changing the way we play and stop the tinkering and bizarre substitutions of late (Clare to right back??) 

his only hope is the 4 main key players who are injured at present recover quickly and stay injury free. However the problems run deeper than that. The vast majority of fans as far as I can gather see the problem as Levein. My patience has been done in but I’ll still get behind the team on the park as I have done for over 60 years. 

Ann should have a think and wonder why Hearts invariably only seem to have a pattern to their play when Naismith plays. Someone to point and instruct. And wonder why this is the case.

The answer is that the coaching is sub standard and lacks invention.The play is slow and ponderous but even at low pace lacks accuracy or cohesion.

Chaos is not a style worth pursuing.

Shooter McGavin

That “genuine Hearts fans” comment isn’t sitting right with me at all.

That one little quote has turned a large portion of the fanbase against her and rightly so.

Utterly condescending.

You haven’t got a problem taking money from the “fake” fans then eh Ann? 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

I think there’s a point, that Budge will be aware of that throwing money at the problem won’t guarantee Levein gets us out of this deep hole we find ourselves in. 

Apart from changing the way we play and stop the tinkering and bizarre substitutions of late (Clare to right back??) 

his only hope is the 4 main key players who are injured at present recover quickly and stay injury free. However the problems run deeper than that. The vast majority of fans as far as I can gather see the problem as Levein. My patience has been done in but I’ll still get behind the team on the park as I have done for over 60 years. 

It would help if he stopped playing those four players when they’re clearly not fit. But she can’t seem to grasp that. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

That one little quote has turned a large portion of the fanbase against her and rightly so.

Utterly condescending.

Especially when it comes from someone who grew up in a Hibs household, and didn’t start following  us for about twenty years less than I have (and thousands of others obv). 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Ann should have a think and wonder why Hearts invariably only seem to have a pattern to their play when Naismith plays. Someone to point and instruct. And wonder why this is the case.

The answer is that the coaching is sub standard and lacks invention.The play is slow and ponderous but even at low pace lacks accuracy or cohesion.

Chaos is not a style worth pursuing.

She really has proved today how little she knows about football.

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Utterly condescending.

it's aimed  at Stewart and other commentators not you, Shooter, or other fans. Unless you are Stewart....

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

it's aimed  at Stewart and other commentators not you, Shooter, or other fans. Unless you are Stewart....

Are you sure about that?

I have a feeling that comment was a dig at the several hundred fans outside the Main Stand on Saturday. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

So guys like Gary Mackay aren’t genuine Hearts fans? Much more so than she is and her alleged PHM DoF/Manager.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Mikey Stewart really does know how to trigger Budge / Levein tho doesn’t he.

:clyay:

He will be getting banned shortly by this regime.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
8 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

A few wins will only prolong the agony for the fans for sure. In truth we need a long run of wins which catapult us up to the top three or four. At present I see very little chance of that happening as my confidence in the robustness of our squad is suspect to be generous. We are very injury prone for some bizarre reason. No idea why but it’s hamstrung squad, literally in some cases. 

Like I said very unlikely. I just can't be arsed at this current time with the club. So much resources being squandered by a coach who hasn't got the first idea of how to coach or get the best out of our players. An owner who's swallowed his lies and is on the verge of destroying or already destroyed her image with most fans.

Such a waste, thank you Levein! 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

She really has proved today how little she knows about football.

A case of open your eyes and see there is no style from players who should be able to play to a style in place of the greats that are out injured. It's how you deal with injuries - have agreed patterns of play that everyone is in tune with so that there is minimum disruption.

But, hey, the word for Sunday, straight from TRex himself is 'it won't be as much to do with what we do with the ball'

Edited by Riccarton3

9 minutes ago, Haken said:

This was a classic damned is she does, damned if she doesn’t situation.  

I completely understand the reaction to it.  I wonder if she regrets some of her choice of words.  But I think where she has gone awry here is that she should have made a statement to the fans rather than the pundits, Michael Stewart in particular. When she says ‘genuine’, I think she means the support in general, as opposed to the likes of Michael Stewart who claims to be a Hearts fan.  A lot of the statement is aimed at commentators ‘outside’ of the club.

Another alternative take is that it’s quite a strong stance.  The easy thing to do would be to replace Levein.  Rightly or wrongly, she believes he can turn things round, or perhaps has been convinced to give him a bit more time.  

There’s. A lot of anger in the statement. It wouldn’t surprise me if some of that anger is down to the fact that results and performances are allowing the counter narrative to take root.

personally, I think his his days are numbered.  It will have to be an absolutely phenomenal turnaround in results and performance for anything other than a change of management.  

There's a lot of sense in that post..don't agree with it all but most of it

Minds and views are already formed in many cases so no matter what was said some would have read into the statement what they wanted to and use it to reinforce their viewpoint

In the meantime he stays and if we take her at her word, and I do, he has a limited period to show improvement but some of the vitriol aimed at her is way over the top and in reflection some of the posters may agree but in most cases they are like the typical keyboard warriors we see on twitter, facebook etc who will simply continue attacking all and sundry who fail to agree with them or do their bidding..that's the modern world for you

They'll be dreaming of doing their Sunday protest in the living room,  bedroom or local pub screaming out to those (even those who don't want to hear) I told you so, going on to social media to look for a pat on the back from fellow boycotters to make themselves feel good.

Imagine wanting us to lose but that's what they want sacrificing a derby defeat for the overall success of the club as they would see it

5 hours ago, troy said:

She is so out of touch with things ,trying to say it’s only 5 games ,there is something seriously wrong at tynecastle 

Director and Producer AB assisted by CL,what a team.

Just now, Jammy T said:

Indeed. Much like 90% of this board. I’m in great company.

You certainly are not in the company of 90%+ of this board that want Levein out - then again you will be one of the “genuine” fans that Budge referred to....

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
4 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Mikey Stewart really does know how to trigger Budge / Levein tho doesn’t he.

:clyay:

He annoys them because he's been right about Levein and how the club is run all along. He couldn’t have been anymore accurate on his assessment on how Levein has his teams playing and seen this coming.

Shame or fans can't see past their hatred for him. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So guys like Gary Mackay aren’t genuine Hearts fans? Much more so than she is and her alleged PHM DoF/Manager.

I don't think it's aimed at Gary, either. It could just be Stewart, tbf. 

I think even Budge knows Gary is all Hearts.

Why should the fans be placated by comments about 4 non-executive directors asking some questions of Levein.  Two are from FoH who have accepted a supine position in club governance and are just happy to be there.  Of the others one is Budge's 'partner' and the other is an accountant.

Why are their questions about personnel and on field matters out ranking the rancour from the fans on Levein and MacPhee's disastrous management?

What changes as a result of their scrutiny of Levein and MacPhee?

8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Are you sure about that?

I have a feeling that comment was a dig at the several hundred fans outside the Main Stand on Saturday. 

Sorry, i should have said , in my opinion. Can't be sure of anything. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

A case of open your eyes and see there is no style from players who should be able to play to a style in place of the greats that are out injured. It's how you deal with injuries - have agreed patterns of play that everyone is in tune with so that there is minimum disruption.

But, hey, the word for Sunday, straight from TRex himself is 'it won't be as much to do with what we do with the ball'

It won’t be pretty, probably 5 at the back like last Xmas when we won there.

The plan..... The plan was that we would bring youngsters through playing the hearts way , It would be a style of football that would make us the envy of the league ..

Players being snapped up for millions , Self sustaining to ensure our club would thrive.

Instead we ship out our youngsters  who are actually better than some of the absolute tosh we gave signed .

I could name loads as could most fans , players bought in at expense and given long contracts but who never produce and take a wage but give naff all back . martin, oshaniwa etc... 

We get players on loan and develop other teams players again at the expense of our youngsters gaining game time . 

Who pays for all this ? the Genuine fans of course by season tickets, Foh etc... so much money has been wasted it,s criminal, especially given our history .. 

But how dare we fans complain or raise our concerns . 

Oh and the new main stand . Which is way over budget and is still not completed , estimate to finish it completely will be a bill of around  £20,million , watch this space , so much for £12 million.

Yet we as fans are given short shift if we dare to complain , The FOH take over can't come quick enough . 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, eyes open said:

The plan..... The plan was that we would bring youngsters through playing the hearts way , It would be a style of football that would make us the envy of the league ..

Players being snapped up for millions , Self sustaining to ensure our club would thrive.

Instead we ship out our youngsters  who are actually better than some of the absolute tosh we gave signed .

I could name loads as could most fans , players bought in at expense and given long contracts but who never produce and take a wage but give naff all back . martin, oshaniwa etc... 

We get players on loan and develop other teams players again at the expense of our youngsters gaining game time . 

Who pays for all this ? the Genuine fans of course by season tickets, Foh etc... so much money has been wasted it,s criminal, especially given our history .. 

Oh and the new main stand . Which is way over budget and is still not completed , estimate to finish it completely will be a bill of around  £20,million , watch this space , so much for £12 million.

Yet we as fans are given short shift if we dare to complain , The FOH take over can't come quick enough . 

Spot on 

Fairly ridiculous statement, was it directed at the fans or Michael Stewart. Bizarre stuff. 

Interesting though that she knows who our strongest starting 11 should have been had it not been for injuries. This is certainly more than Levein. 

I wonder which one of the below average three goalkeepers he signed it would be in goal?

At left back would it be the man he signed and 9 months on still cannot play 90 minutes?

On the wing, hmmm, this could be a problem given that he signed no wide players and loaned out/released any possible options. 

Upfront, which one of our goal shy strikers would it be. 

This doesn't even cover our non-existent midfield.  

The whole thing is a mess, to try and direct it onto others is insulting. Think I preferred radio silence. 

Shooter McGavin
14 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Personally don’t believe that mate. In the statement she addressed “genuine Hearts fans” and also addressed the media (The Stewarts of the world) separately.

Like I said earlier, utterly condescending to the majority of Hearts fans who are expected to pay their money, sit down, shut up & don’t dare complain about being bottom of the league. 

She’s shown her true colours and it’s left a permanent dent in her legacy.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Coco said:

Why should the fans be placated by comments about 4 non-executive directors asking some questions of Levein.  Two are from FoH who have accepted a supine position in club governance and are just happy to be there.  Of the others one is Budge's 'partner' and the other is an accountant.

Why are their questions about personnel and on field matters out ranking the rancour from the fans on Levein and MacPhee's disastrous management?

What changes as a result of their scrutiny of Levein and MacPhee?

Exactly, successful business men or not what qualifications do they have to grill the manager when he clearly has his only boss wrapped around his finger.

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, eyes open said:

This frustrates the life out of me. Players like Cochrane and McDonald being sent to Dunfermline whilst our midfield is absolutely dross and lacking any form of creativity & energy. Keena barely getting a sniff.

These players will no doubt end up leaving down the line for nothing. 

23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

There's a lot of sense in that post..don't agree with it all but most of it

Minds and views are already formed in many cases so no matter what was said some would have read into the statement what they wanted to and use it to reinforce their viewpoint

In the meantime he stays and if we take her at her word, and I do, he has a limited period to show improvement but some of the vitriol aimed at her is way over the top and in reflection some of the posters may agree but in most cases they are like the typical keyboard warriors we see on twitter, facebook etc who will simply continue attacking all and sundry who fail to agree with them or do their bidding..that's the modern world for you

They'll be dreaming of doing their Sunday protest in the living room,  bedroom or local pub screaming out to those (even those who don't want to hear) I told you so, going on to social media to look for a pat on the back from fellow boycotters to make themselves feel good.

Imagine wanting us to lose but that's what they want sacrificing a derby defeat for the overall success of the club as they would see it

I thought I was back in the Soap Opera thread for a minute, there.

Apart from the fact it’s the biggest load of patronising bullshit I have ever read and tbh it’s an absolute insult to those who go week in week out and who are putting their hard earned cash into the club 

what does the statement actually  say ?

CL reports to the board about all football matters and what actions are being taken about on field performances (this statement neither shows or makes any reference to points of accountability whatsoever)

is she watching the player performances and how turgid the team is playing. Lack of creativity, lack of spark and everyone lacking confidence/belief to pass the ball upfield in a normal fashion. Does she understand why this gives people the “fear” about her confidence of CL and coaches, 5 years in, when a lot of the support is watching the on field decay and wondering who is to blame for this

she doesnt need to justify the off field stuff she has done nor the fact that she has whole heartedly backed the manager with transfer funds and commited to the club. This isn’t in question whatsoever 

she is speaking to the support like for some it is a knee jerk moment and they haven’t thought things through properly 

5 years forward into the new era. If AB had backed a few other managers that may have been appointed 1st team manager like she has backed CL we would be flying right now.

Really concerning that there is nothing in that statement that even convinces me she has a Plan B. I’m certainly not carrying the same amount of business acumen that Ann Budge has but surely every business has a Plan B 

she would have been better off saying nothing nothing rather than come out with that statement. Lighting the torch paper as far as I’m concerned 

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, farin said:

She’s shot herself in the foot with that comment today, did no one at the club read that prior to it’s release & say to her “maybe leave out the genuine fans bit as it might be a PR disaster”. 

Apparently not. Which kind of sums up the problem.

19 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This frustrates the life out of me. Players like Cochrane and McDonald being sent to Dunfermline whilst our midfield is absolutely dross and lacking any form of creativity & energy. Keena barely getting a sniff.

These players will no doubt end up leaving down the line for nothing. 

Don’t go there!  Levein’s “fantastic work” at the Academy is the last refuge for his fanboys!! 😉

12 minutes ago, farin said:

She’s shot herself in the foot with that comment today, did no one at the club read that prior to it’s release & say to her “maybe leave out the genuine fans bit as it might be a PR disaster”. 

At least her utter contempt for large numbers of the support are laid bare for all to see.  Mind you, she's not exactly tried to hide it.....

5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Condescending pish.

"To all genuine Hearts supporters". Get away with that shite. 

Exactly absolute arrogance !!!

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

She holds the majority of shares at present - so no.

But once FoH pay her off and get the shares she can be removed.

Sad it has come to this.

This is a wake up call, a huge wake up call. The fans will shortly own the club so I think it’s high time we started to mobilise and start planning for that eventuality. I support Ann Budge as I think she’s doing a great job. However she’s currently failing on the football side of things. She is backing a manager and DOF that is categorically failing on every front. 

We all need to start thinking as a support immediately exactly WHO we want as chairman when Budge departs? Who do we want as manager? What system do we want to follow? We need to identify these people as soon as possible. 

I was previously hoping Budge stayed on to steady the ship but she is increasingly burning bridges and her legacy may be left in tatters if she doesn’t manage this current problem effectively.

I gather from her statement levein will get a few more games to turn it around if he doesn’t I bloody well hope there’s an effective plan B that takes into consideration and respects the majority of supporters will to remove Levein’s hand completely from this great club.

5 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

He has been given targets before and failed. Ann spelt out previously that at least 4th place is what was expected, and that failed but no action taken. The decline, the situation we find ourselves in presently is not because everything went tits up during the close season, it has been a visual decline for a longer period. And during that spell the fans, who she has basically told to shut up, have turned up week in and week out, continued to put money into the club, continued to back the club, i.e. real/genuine fans. And all for a piss poor statement which again is telling us to shut up. She has total confidence in a manager, a manager who keeps coming out saying that he is the man to fix things. You don't fix things that are working well, you fix things that are buggered, and we most certainly are buggered. I've always had nothing but total respect for her, for what she has done. But she is without doubt destroying all the good work she has done through loyalty to one man that is almost, no is impossible to understand. If the plan was to take us back to where the whole venture started, The Championship, then she has to come out and say that.

Craig levein is the equivalent of "frank spencer"  wheras football managers are graded, 👍🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🙈🙈🙈