Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Ok. To suggest I'm trying to whip people up to a frenzy is absolutely ridiculous. All I've done is voice my displeasure at the club backing a manager who has led us to one of the worst runs of results in the history of the club and my concern for the relationship of the fans and the owner for her continued backing of Levein. Of you read that as some sort of call to arms then fine. 

I keep hearing this but it truly is one of the most fatuous stats in the Big Book of Useless Stats. What matters is the here and now, not how Levein compares with Cathro, JJ or Tommy Walker...Things are not good, and I too have reservations about Budge's strategy coming good, but the woman has put a lot of money and effort into her strategy whilst I can only sit here and judge things as they go, as her statement points out.

My opinion is that Budge as CEO/Owner is more engaged, more involved than 90% of football club owners. This is a good thing, but it means that the practice other owners take of sacking the manager as being culpable for all the woes at the club does not apply at Hearts. Perhaps this is exactly why other owners maintain distance? So they can proxy all the blame onto the manager? and satisfy the grumpy fans whilst taking no blame themselves?

I think Ann Budge deserves more patience from us. I don't honestly know if she will succeed, but what is clear from her statement is that it is not just a case of binning Levein...Levein has not wheedled his way to a keyman postion, he's been given it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I don't think she means someone who just doesn't agree with her.

Which is fine but who does she mean? The point being it's a shot at fellow fans which is deliberately vague.

17 minutes ago, Haken said:

I think she is unintentionally alienating a sizable chunk of the support.  I do not think that one poorly worded statement, undoubtedly written under pressure, negates all the good work she has done.  She has transformed the club in the business sense; the frustration is that this has not happened in the footballing sense.  Or, to put it simply: Ann Budge has succeeded; Craig Levein hasn't.  Should we get rid of both in that scenario?

To be absolutely clear I don;t want rid of Ann Budge. She deserves all the credit in the world for everything she has done. Regardless of what is typed on here the support will turn on her now at least as long as she supports CL. 

My preference would be to keep Ann and lose CL. The longer this goes on and the more she digs her heels in the more she is likely to be forced out by the supporters.

16 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Things seldom work that way. Budge had the high level strategy. Levein provided the detailed strategy - added the meat to the bones. Budge agreed and accepted Levein's ideas. In that respect yes it is their plan, but as the senior exec, it is ultimately HER plan. If Levein were to be replaced, anyone new would have different ideas, either piecemeal (in which case why bother) or wholesale (which means tearing up the plan and starting again - as she mentions). I can understand her resisting the calls to ditch everything and start again. She is the owner, she is the one ultimately responsible. She has the right to try to see it through. Many customers don't believe in it any more. I'm not sure myself, but I'm content to let her (and Levein) continue trying...The bad business practices in football are almost entirely due to fan pressure and impatient, less than fully engaged owners who seek to shift the blame onto managers...Budge is not doing this. For this I respect her.

I should clarify, at this point i am only really interested in removing Levein as Head Coach, simply because we need to arrest the shocking sequence of results we have had for nearly a year.

The DoF / Directorship position can be addressed over the next few months.

Someone else said this, and i have repeated it a few times now: we can still keep the plan, but with different people. At some point, we will need a new DoF and we will definitely need a new Head Coach.

Finally, although a small portion of the fanbase are impatient (or just do not like Levein/Budge) the majority of us have done no more than grumble on here until it has become apparent the situation is not going to improve. It has been nearly a year of poor results and it comes down to more than just injuries, as Ann suggests.

11 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

For whatever reason I missed this yesterday. Genuine supporters :wow: is she for real? 😂

Would you consider someone who paints "Hang Ann Budge" on a bridge as a genuine supporter? The phrase was only to differentiate supportors from Michael Stewart who was clearly the person whom the other half of the statement was aimed at...

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

To be absolutely clear I don;t want rid of Ann Budge. She deserves all the credit in the world for everything she has done. Regardless of what is typed on here the support will turn on her now at least as long as she supports CL. 

My preference would be to keep Ann and lose CL. The longer this goes on and the more she digs her heels in the more she is likely to be forced out by the supporters.

I don't think we're a million miles apart in our views.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I should clarify, at this point i am only really interested in removing Levein as Head Coach, simply because we need to arrest the shocking sequence of results we have had for nearly a year.

The DoF / Directorship position can be addressed over the next few months.

Someone else said this, and i have repeated it a few times now: we can still keep the plan, but with different people. At some point, we will need a new DoF and we will definitely need a new Head Coach.

Finally, although a small portion of the fanbase are impatient (or just do not like Levein/Budge) the majority of us have done no more than grumble on here until it has become apparent the situation is not going to improve. It has been nearly a year of poor results and it comes down to more than just injuries, as Ann suggests.

Indeed but should a Motherwell game be the trigger for such a big decision as sacking Levein? I don't think so. I think Levein's position is very close to untenable - the Hibs and Aberdeen games are the determining ones IMO (I said this weeks ago)...We need performances at the very least.

Edited by Spellczech

10 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Would you consider someone who paints "Hang Ann Budge" on a bridge as a genuine supporter? The phrase was only to differentiate supportors from Michael Stewart who was clearly the person whom the other half of the statement was aimed at...

Nobody in their right mind thinks that is ok.

How do you know this? It’s not how I read it and even if that’s what she means it’s an incredibly stupid thing to write.

Best not not to be ambiguous in a press statement really.

Edited by Hot since 86

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed but should a Motherwell game be the trigger for such a big decision as sacking Levein? I don't think so. I think Levein's position is very close to untenable - the Hibs and Aberdeen games are the determining ones IMO (I said this weeks ago)...We need performances at the very least.

I was saying it last season

annushorribilis III

It was a ridiculous thing to say and I don't buy this "differentiate" angle at all.  Basically AB thinks the critical  fans and the media are wrong & "genuine" supporters will understand this. There's no p int in saying "that's not what it says" in effect,  because that is how  people are reading it. 

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I keep hearing this but it truly is one of the most fatuous stats in the Big Book of Useless Stats. What matters is the here and now, not how Levein compares with Cathro, JJ or Tommy Walker...Things are not good, and I too have reservations about Budge's strategy coming good, but the woman has put a lot of money and effort into her strategy whilst I can only sit here and judge things as they go, as her statement points out.

My opinion is that Budge as CEO/Owner is more engaged, more involved than 90% of football club owners. This is a good thing, but it means that the practice other owners take of sacking the manager as being culpable for all the woes at the club does not apply at Hearts. Perhaps this is exactly why other owners maintain distance? So they can proxy all the blame onto the manager? and satisfy the grumpy fans whilst taking no blame themselves?

I think Ann Budge deserves more patience from us. I don't honestly know if she will succeed, but what is clear from her statement is that it is not just a case of binning Levein...Levein has not wheedled his way to a keyman postion, he's been given it.

You make some good points but regardless of stats we are massively underachieving. Your argument that she deserves more patience maybe even holds some merit given the way she has helped save the club  but regardless of what you or I think the fans are already turning against her. She has made a massive miscalculation here. I genuinely believe you are underplaying her error and the sooner she revises her decision the better.

If we beat a shite Hibs team and a weakening Aberdeen team what does that tell us? We've witness 2 years mediocrity and almost a year of abysmal league form. It's been untenable for some time. If we beat hibs where will we be? 8th?9th? The fact of the matter is he has failed twice and has started this season like its only going to get worse. The Motherwell game is just the tip of the iceberg. 

1 minute ago, Hot since 86 said:

Nobody in their right mind thinks that is ok.

How do you know this? It’s not how I read it and even if that what she means it’s an incredibly stupid thing to say in that statement. 

Best not not to be ambiguous in press statement really.

I'm interpreting it. The thing that Stewart does it paint himself as a fan but working in the media. He happily sits astride the media/fan divide spewing criticism at Levein, some of it merited, most of it driven by a personal dislike. My interpretation is that she is disassociating HIM from what she sees as genuine fans who have the best interests of the club at heart, and are criticising Levein for that, not due to a personal dislike...There are some on here too who exhibit a level of hatred for dislike for Levein which is clearly personal, not objective, even if it is based on perceptions of Dundee 86 or Feyenoord/Leicester...I'm not happy with Levein's performance at all, as manager, but I struggle to disassociate him from Budge's strategy for the club...It is troublesome. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Which is fine but who does she mean? The point being it's a shot at fellow fans which is deliberately vague.

It is very vague, I agree with that. It was misguided to publish the statement with that in it. Especially since it is very vague.

I think it is aimed at the people who are spray painting things like Hang Ann Budge on the side of bridges, post on social media personal (and often quite disgusting) attacks at her, CL and members of the board and people who are in the media who purport to be fans but stick the boot in at every opportunity. 

I don't think she is the type of person to attack the supporters who come along every week to support the club, even the ones who voice their displeasure at the product on the park. I really don't think it was aimed at us.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

I've not read all the comments on this thread but enough to gauge the general mood, so I'll add my tuppence worth.

Up until now I've backed AB, but this statement has changed my stance.

The "genuine fans" comment is basically saying if you don't agree you're not a fan.

Well Mrs Budge, I've had an ST continuously for the last 50 years, I've missed 6 domestic fixtures (H&A) in the last 45 years, I don't agree with you, so am I not a "genuine fan" any more ?

You say it's been a "disappointing start".

Had we come off the back of a good season, a 5 game winless run would have been "disappointing" but not critical, but to go a year serving up the utter shite we've been subjected to is a hell of a lot more than that.

You say the board have continuously invested in the squad, that's true, but only because previous investments have failed on a regular basis.

You use the now tired old excuse of injuries.

Yes we've suffered more than most, but a team that should be challenging at the top of the league should have a squad capable of at least staying in touch, even without 3 or 4 of their first choice players.

You say the long term planning is "constantly being reviewed and revised."

Well hoping that a couple of players will come back from injury soon is not planning, it's crossing your fingers and hoping for the best.

Your statement was no doubt intended to calm the anger of the fans, all it has done is pour fuel on the flames.

This means you're either hopelessly out of touch or showing utter contempt for those that care deeply about this club, OUR CLUB.

Either way, something has to be done, and done soon, or you risk undoing all the hard work done by a lot of dedicated people over the last 5 years

Think this is a fantastic reasoned post.

The third paragraph you wrote just brings home to me and into mind That whilst we will always be grateful and should always be grateful for AB stepping up to the plate and saving us, she isn’t financing or putting her wealth in for no return on her investment. 

50 years ST you have held you say... obviously I don’t know you but if that doesn’t suggest commitment and a deep love for our football club I don’t know what does. I mean that genuinely. 

Total respect to you 👏👏 and you fully deserve to be listened too 

I find it extremely sad and utterly contemptful that AB can’t or won’t accept anyone else’s viewpoint, and when she does it is either flawed or they aren’t a “genuine Hearts Supporter”. 

Ann’s statement conveys a deep disdain to those who question CL and who do not share the same viewpoint as her. That’s quite sad 

It was also Ann and Ann alone who turned our business model around, not Craig Levein, but for some reason with her comments at times it would appear that she will pass on credit to him for some of this.

Craig’s remit and only remit was the football side, and he has failed - 5 years Ann, it isn’t going to get better 6 years in, enough is enough 

If fans who have supported our club for 50 years speak up AB should really listen to what they say rather than bury her head in the sand and in the only plan that she seems to have

Sending out patronising statements to a support, Who quite frankly, have had enough isn’t a good solution 

not even a derby win against the vermin next week should stop her from sorting this out. Not that she will, but then again, she does know best obviously 

4 minutes ago, bistokid said:

If we beat a shite Hibs team and a weakening Aberdeen team what does that tell us? We've witness 2 years mediocrity and almost a year of abysmal league form. It's been untenable for some time. If we beat hibs where will we be? 8th?9th? The fact of the matter is he has failed twice and has started this season like its only going to get worse. The Motherwell game is just the tip of the iceberg. 

It buys them more time and they then have to show that the decline has been reversed...This week has to be the trough, the bottoming out of the decline. Losing to Hibs and Aberdeen will be too much. 

I'm interpreting it. The thing that Stewart does it paint himself as a fan but working in the media. He happily sits astride the media/fan divide spewing criticism at Levein, some of it merited, most of it driven by a personal dislike. My interpretation is that she is disassociating HIM from what she sees as genuine fans who have the best interests of the club at heart, and are criticising Levein for that, not due to a personal dislike...There are some on here too who exhibit a level of hatred for dislike for Levein which is clearly personal, not objective, even if it is based on perceptions of Dundee 86 or Feyenoord/Leicester...I'm not happy with Levein's performance at all, as manager, but I struggle to disassociate him from Budge's strategy for the club...It is troublesome. 

Troublesome and entirely of her own making. He is critical in the plan in two different roles and the only board member with any valued football opinion. To not see the way this would end up is extremely short sighted and leads me to doubt what her strategy actually is.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You make some good points but regardless of stats we are massively underachieving. Your argument that she deserves more patience maybe even holds some merit given the way she has helped save the club  but regardless of what you or I think the fans are already turning against her. She has made a massive miscalculation here. I genuinely believe you are underplaying her error and the sooner she revises her decision the better.

There is a fear, reading the statement, that she will not turn and carry on until such time as it’s time for her to leave. I sympathise. There has been so much put into this plan that to come out now and say it’s a squib, would be devastating for her.

As long as there’s a chance that it will bear fruit in the future, it will continue.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

I've not read all the comments on this thread but enough to gauge the general mood, so I'll add my tuppence worth.

Up until now I've backed AB, but this statement has changed my stance.

The "genuine fans" comment is basically saying if you don't agree you're not a fan.

Well Mrs Budge, I've had an ST continuously for the last 50 years, I've missed 6 domestic fixtures (H&A) in the last 45 years, I don't agree with you, so am I not a "genuine fan" any more ?

You say it's been a "disappointing start".

Had we come off the back of a good season, a 5 game winless run would have been "disappointing" but not critical, but to go a year serving up the utter shite we've been subjected to is a hell of a lot more than that.

You say the board have continuously invested in the squad, that's true, but only because previous investments have failed on a regular basis.

You use the now tired old excuse of injuries.

Yes we've suffered more than most, but a team that should be challenging at the top of the league should have a squad capable of at least staying in touch, even without 3 or 4 of their first choice players.

You say the long term planning is "constantly being reviewed and revised."

Well hoping that a couple of players will come back from injury soon is not planning, it's crossing your fingers and hoping for the best.

Your statement was no doubt intended to calm the anger of the fans, all it has done is pour fuel on the flames.

This means you're either hopelessly out of touch or showing utter contempt for those that care deeply about this club, OUR CLUB.

Either way, something has to be done, and done soon, or you risk undoing all the hard work done by a lot of dedicated people over the last 5 years

Excellent post

1 hour ago, Prof said:

Giving someone more time can work but only if they know what they are doing. Levein’s record as a manager is poor and anyone watching the team over the last year can see he is lacking in tactical awareness. What is more worrying is the attitude of AB. It’s right that we should question the motives of a club CEO who is investing in a ladies team instead of ploughing the money into improving the first team. Her veiled insults of the support are frankly disgraceful.

Wow , just wow

Just now, Hot since 86 said:

Troublesome and entirely of her own making. He is critical in the plan in two different roles and the only board member with any valued football opinion. To not see the way this would end up is extremely short sighted and leads me to doubt what her strategy actually is.

Yep, a valid point. 

annushorribilis III
12 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You should check the meaning of "fatuous" if you're going to use it : it's anything but given CL has been at the helm while he appointed a shocker of a head coach (who he wanted SO much he admitted he would have brought in sooner). On the back of that shambles the club binned the idea of "head coach"  and appointed their DoF as a manager for 3 years with a justification that defies belief.

Evidently after 2 years of CL as manager the club still doesn't have anyone at the helm who is capable of taking over . I see no point in the club continuing with CL - but  hat decision should have been made in the summer. 

You say this isn't " just a case of binning Levein"- it absolutely is. But the hard part is in removing a guy who is almost part of the fabric of the club while saving face. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

I’m glad Ann has released a statement and I’m glad she has stated that she will not be pushed into making any knee jerk decisions. I like that she will not tear up our plan and start again 5 games into a season. No im not happy with our onfield performance but I’m glad the women in charge doesn’t make a decision based on threats and protests overnight. We need our chairman/women to be strong and organised. She has proven again she is. I do fully believe that behind the scenes she is planning and calculating how best to change it if and when to change it so that we can continue our plan rather than tearing it all up and starting again. I just don’t get the hatred of Ann. Football is a business and needs run like one nowadays. Rash knee jerk reactions are not business decisions. I get we are a football team but we are ran like a business nowadays that’s the only way to get anywhere. 

Very brave and selfless statement in my eyes. Shows her strength and determination to make the right choices for the club even when under presssure from protests and media storms. Some of us may not see it but one day you will be glad she is this way. 

Ive lost faith in Levein but will support him and hope he can turn it around. But ann has my backing all the way!!

Yip. 

It's a mob culture today, the last ten years or so  has seen a change from rational, logical, balanced debate replaced by who can shout the loudest, sing the loudest or repeat the same shite so it somehow becomes fact. 

We have some utter pond life in our support and amongst the shit show on the field atm at least there will be less of his/ her sorts in the ground. 

Silver lining n' all. 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

There is a fear, reading the statement, that she will not turn and carry on until such time as it’s time for her to leave. I sympathise. There has been so much put into this plan that to come out now and say it’s a squib, would be devastating for her.

As long as there’s a chance that it will bear fruit in the future, it will continue.

My anger is with Levein. He has been in football long enough to know the baws burst. Rightly or wrongly I believe he knows full well he has lost it and what is best for the club is his resignation. He is simply stringing her along by feeding her a lot of rubbish in order to keep getting  a wage. Hopefully she will wake up and smell the coffee.

14 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

When there is ongoing discontent, one game will always be the trigger.

Personally,I do not see why the hibs or aberdeen games should be any more of a trigger than Motherwell at home, or losing 0-5 at Livingston.

Bazzas right boot

My anger is with Levein. He has been in football long enough to know the baws burst. Rightly or wrongly I believe he knows full well he has lost it and what is best for the club is his resignation. He is simply stringing her along by feeding her a lot of rubbish in order to keep getting  a wage. Hopefully she will wake up and smell the coffee.

Maybe, or he thinks he can turn it around. 

Of course.

I think there is a desire to see this out and hope it gets better. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, heartsfcLIFE said:

She’s saved the pies though. 

Cracking! Best stake pie in Scotland IMO 

Hit or miss imo. 

Sometimes great. 

Sometimes like eating a cardboard box with dug meat in it. 

It's a lottery. 

20 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Michael Stewart isn't a supporter, he doesn't fork out his hard earned cash to watch us. He gets payed to provide his thoughts on the weekends football. If that's who she was aiming for she went a funny way about it 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe, or he thinks he can turn it around. 

Yeah maybe. I don't think that is the case though. If he was DoF and someone else was boss I also believe he would have made a change last season.

7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It buys them more time and they then have to show that the decline has been reversed...This week has to be the trough, the bottoming out of the decline. Losing to Hibs and Aberdeen will be too much. 

My point is they don't deserve any more time. If we lose these 2 games which anyone who's watched us would expect we've lost the first Derby, left ourselves at the bottom of the table and out the LC. Why would anyone in their right mind give him the opportunity to further destroy the season in September. He failed, is now failing harder but give him 2 crucial games more. Defies logic. 

Just now, heartsfcLIFE said:

She’s saved the pies though. 

Cracking! Best stake pie in Scotland IMO 

See, that doesn't actually add anything to the debate, does it?

She's helped to ensure people not only kept their jobs, but actually started getting paid properly for doing them.  She's overseen the redevelopment of an old stand that was actually costing us money to maintain.  She's taken an enterprise that was at financial rock bottom and transformed it into something that is once again beating healthily in business terms.

Let's stick to sensible debate of the points that matter.

6 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

You should check the meaning of "fatuous" if you're going to use it : it's anything but given CL has been at the helm while he appointed a shocker of a head coach (who he wanted SO much he admitted he would have brought in sooner). On the back of that shambles the club binned the idea of "head coach"  and appointed their DoF as a manager for 3 years with a justification that defies belief.

Evidently after 2 years of CL as manager the club still doesn't have anyone at the helm who is capable of taking over . I see no point in the club continuing with CL - but  hat decision should have been made in the summer. 

You say this isn't " just a case of binning Levein"- it absolutely is. But the hard part is in removing a guy who is almost part of the fabric of the club while saving face. 

You should read things in context. I went on to say exactly why it is fatuous

2 minutes ago, bistokid said:

My point is they don't deserve any more time. If we lose these 2 games which anyone who's watched us would expect we've lost the first Derby, left ourselves at the bottom of the table and out the LC. Why would anyone in their right mind give him the opportunity to further destroy the season in September. He failed, is now failing harder but give him 2 crucial games more. Defies logic. 

My point is that you don't sack someone as fundamental to your strategy as Levein due to a loss to Motherwell. That cannot be the straw that breaks the camel's back. We have more important games coming up. These are the key games.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

It's a mob culture today, the last ten years or so  has seen a change from rational, logical, balanced debate replaced by who can shout the loudest, sing the loudest or repeat the same shite so it somehow becomes fact. 

We have some utter pond life in our support and amongst the shit show on the field atm at least there will be less of his/ her sorts in the ground. 

Silver lining n' all. 

“Pond life in our support” “mob culture” “repeat the same shite until somehow it becomes fact”

what planet do you live on ? Those who have a different point of view to you and keep repeating their point of view is no different to you, who comes on here, and guess what, keeps repeating his/hers point of view. You need to get a grip. 

4 minutes ago, bistokid said:

I don't think any action would be taken if we lose the next two games - if we are happy just to win 4 games this calendar year then why should two more games make a difference? Ann has not given any ultimatum and she is committed to a Bigger Picture that seems, to me, to be relying solely on getting players fit.

1 minute ago, jambobob61 said:

How do you know he is not a member of FoH as many ex players are?

Just because he is paid to be confrontational does not mean he is also wrong!

It is not about being right or wrong - it about the highlighted bit and his inability to given Levein credit when it has been due. He is in the media but he is not balanced, impartial or objective. Ergo to Ann's mind he is not "genuine"

27 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I have no time for whoever did the graffiti, no excuse for that. If it’s aimed at Michael Stewart she should have just named him. Imo. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, GinRummy said:

Yeah maybe. I don't think that is the case though. If he was DoF and someone else was boss I also believe he would have made a change last season.

Last season would have been good timing wise but a 6th place with a lc sf and sc final is hardly 100% sacking material. 

The form of this season is, but if you go with it's just 5 games and players coming back then I understand her in that she thinks it will turn around. 

However, it's shakey ground at best. 

Vote of confidence is the kiss of death tho, generally it gives you 3/4 games to improve, usually over key games. 

The derby then the lc sf are key games. 

The derby to get our first win and stay within reach of the clubs above us and ofc get confidence. 

The lc  qf for progress. 

If we get beat in these, St mirren result won't matter and he'll be gone. 

Win those and say draw at St mirren, then we go from there. 

Just now, Irufushi said:

I have no time for whoever did the graffiti, no excuse for that. If it’s aimed at Michael Stewart she should have just named him. Imo. 

Why feed his ego? It is big enough, and directing it to him specifically would only serve to encourage him.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Fly in the ointment........Ann Budge may not be there post 2020, a new manager might not like that uncertainty!

The lack of board action for the past year labels Budge weak. The vague nature of the new board post 2020 and FoH 'influence' merely exacerbates the uncertainty.

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_moneybuilder_files_2011_08_Freakout-240x300.jpg

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Last season would have been good timing wise but a 6th place with a lc sf and sc final is hardly 100% sacking material. 

The form of this season is, but if you go with it's just 5 games and players coming back then I understand her in that she thinks it will turn around. 

However, it's shakey ground at best. 

Vote of confidence is the kiss of death tho, generally it gives you 3/4 games to improve, usually over key games. 

The derby then the lc sf are key games. 

The derby to get our first win and stay within reach of the clubs above us and ofc get confidence. 

The lc  qf for progress. 

If we get beat in these, St mirren result won't matter and he'll be gone. 

Win those and say draw at St mirren, then we go from there. 

That's how I see it.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

“Pond life in our support” “mob culture” “repeat the same shite until somehow it becomes fact”

what planet do you live on ? Those who have a different point of view to you and keep repeating their point of view is no different to you, who comes on here, and guess what, keeps repeating his/hers point of view. You need to get a grip. 

It jumped threads, was meant to be on the graffiti thread. 

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

The genuine fans comment was nowhere near as bad as some of the barbed comments and insults that posters on here throw in every hour or so. Lot of pantwetters get indignant at her comment- jeez grow up guys. 

You’re comparing what some random posts on a fan forum with an official statement from our owner/chairman?? Yeh, that’s clearly the same thing...

:cornette:

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Ok 👍 

Might have a little more context than a complete breakdown rant on this thread. 

Appoligies. 👍

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

You’re comparing what some random posts on a fan forum with an official statement from our owner/chairman?? Yeh, that’s clearly the same thing...

:cornette:

Nah, He's comparing the reaction of said fans. 

Some Have no problem calling Hearts fans sweary words, but when Ann even points a finger, said posters get all offended. 

Irony, it's called.