Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Of course I want us to win the next two games in particular but any silver lining we thought we might have if we lost is surely gone. I genuinely believe he'll be here until the end of the season even if we are headed for relegation.

It's very clear in the statement that a change will be made long before we get to that stage.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

A genuine owner would listen to the fans. Skipped over so many important points. How many teams are always able to field their best 11 week in week out? We look awful no matter who starts unfortunately so I'm not buying that.  Anyone else think the team maybe aren't fit enough??? I remember nothing but forward runs, wide play, quick, attacking football back when neilson had his boys in for double sessions. Although granted it was a lower level

The training field must be a nightmare.  How do you motivate the players when they know about the shambles going on.

Optimistically we'll win the next two games.  That would release some but by no means all of  the pressure.  Realistically, we wont.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Grow up. He's not toxic. If folk want to protest and make eejits of themselves on social media that's up to them. No-one's making them. Many more Hearts fans are content to grumble in private instead. His managerial career has been excellent. Many good managers and players have 0 medals. Instead of toxic I think of Levein as very unlucky, both as a player and - last season especially - as a manager. Even at D Utd he was unlucky not to get a trophy.

“His managerial career has been excellent”

Leicester - horrendous - sacked!

Scotland - horrendous - sacked!!

Now Hearts - horrendous - not sacked for reasons only known to Budge!!

He now has fans at each other’s throats, condemning Ann Budge, stopping FoH payments, threatening boycotts, protests - Levein is toxic!!!!

Mid Calder Jambo
55 minutes ago, Papa said:

I’m keeping up my FoH payments because I want fan ownership to succeed. If Ann Budge remains so far out of touch with the support we can move for her removal from the board and dismissal as CEO. It’s as simple as that. If we stop our payments we remain at the whim of an arrogant individual. Don’t stop FoH payments - lets make fan ownership happen.

An interseting proposition there.  Could we remove her at the next AGM?  I genuinely don;t know but i would like to try.

It's not just that we have been unlucky with results we look lost on the park, confused with no direction.

Whatever the plan is it is clearly not working. I was quietly just biting my tongue waiting to see how things panned out. A little apathetic maybe but willing to see how things went past Sunday...

However I'm actually quite raging after that statement. Give him an ultimatum, improve results or ship out. Had long enough. Can't support the manager indefinitely on this form, he's lost the fans and it looks like he's lost the players as well.

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Now, now it's only 5 games apparently!!

Not 11 months with the least points in the League.

Not 1 win in 17 league matches.

Not 3 points out of 36.

Just 5 games... Stop being so knee-jerk!!

Spot on.

28 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Strength is sticking to what you believe in no matter the pressure on you to buckle. 

Exactly what she has demonstrated,  but too much for the majority to take in

When the idea is shown to be wrong, it is not a sign of strength to continue to follow that path.

Recognising the mistake and correcting it is where true strength lies.

Haringshairband
8 minutes ago, jamboj said:

This is the post of someone paying no attention to evidence. Tell me, do you base your life decisions on whatever your astrologist suggests? 

:rofl:

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, stan said:

When the idea is shown to be wrong, it is not a sign of strength to continue to follow that path.

Correct.

1 minute ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

An interseting proposition there.  Could we remove her at the next AGM?  I genuinely don;t know but i would like to try.

She holds the majority of shares at present - so no.

But once FoH pay her off and get the shares she can be removed.

Sad it has come to this.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“His managerial career has been excellent”

Leicester - horrendous - sacked!

Scotland - horrendous - sacked!!

Now Hearts - horrendous - not sacked for reasons only known to Budge!!

He now has fans at each other’s throats, condemning Ann Budge, stopping FoH payments, threatening boycotts, protests - Levein is toxic!!!!

That's not his whole career though is it? Managers get sacked after a few weeks in England. And as for Scotland.... 

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

She holds the majority of shares at present - so no.

But once FoH pay her off and get the shares she can be removed.

Sad it has come to this.

Yes very sad we are having to think this way.  i suppose 50 odd years of supporting the famous you only want the best for them and currently we are not getting that from the the people we we expect to trust - The Board.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

That's not his whole career though is it? Managers get sacked after a few weeks in England. And as for Scotland.... 

Frankly not interested in your relentless spin and excuses for Levein!

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Correct warrior.

Well, except we've sold out this one.

Other than that, bang on the money as usual.

Have we sold this one out? No even patter, that’s a genuine question. 

32 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Then you should look at yourself in the mirror , person up and stop questioning her

She gave people an explanation that frankly she did not have to do and as expected the usual suspects come on and twist the words meanings and explanation to suit their own viewpoint

The lack of fibre amongst some of our support is the worry not her actions

The lack of fibre shown amongst what now appears to be a minority of our support encourages Ann's ego to come out with condescending crap that endangers the clubs revenue.

You're as blind as she is.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, stan said:

In your opinion 

Just now, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Yes very sad we are having to think this way.  i suppose 50 odd years of supporting the famous you only want the best for them and currently we are not getting that from the the people we we expect to trust - The Board.

It is sad. I have the highest regard for Ann Budge as a person and a businesswoman in dealings I have had with her.

I found her to be intelligent, tough and certainly did not suffer fools gladly.

The tone of her latest statement and her failure to make the tough but correct decision on Levein is totally out with her character, and I am afraid I have lost confidence that she is the person to take our Club forward.

How many boards in the last 50 years can I think of that would not have sacked Levein,,,none! I like Levein and have had some sympathy with him but it has now gone and I absolutely do not agree with those defending Mrs Budge as being strong. She is either weak or stubborn and is steadily eroding the belief that many fans had in her.

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, stan said:

Well said. True strength is to adjust to circumstances when plans falter. Businesses that don't do that often fail. Our owner must be aware of that surely. 

21 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Truly a joke of a post

The owner who saved the club does not need that nonsense and you should apologise

She should apologise for insulting genuine Hearts fans.

Year on year, we have failed to meet the 4th place target set by Budge herself under Levein. I believe it's foolish to set expectations on the cups as you can't predict your luck in the draw, other than the league cup, we MUST get out of the group. Failure to do so is unacceptable as the odds are certainly stacked in our favour, unlike the remainder of the competition. 

So, we have failed on our main objective twice in a row. As Budge says, a debrief was had and plans to rectify the failure made. As far as we know, Budge and the club have done their side in bringing in the players wanted. We are bottom with baffling decisions made in game, an extensive overall run of poor performances and results with the manager no further forward in dealing with them sufficiently. Fans are unhappy, some to the point of protest against the club they love. The minimum requirement in the cup was met, yes, but is there any genuine sign of us being a side capable of the top 4 despite these plans and players? Not many would bet on it. 

I hope she is right to back him like this but I am very concerned it may just be too difficult a decision for her to sack Levein. 

21 minutes ago, jamboj said:

This is the post of someone paying no attention to evidence. Tell me, do you base your life decisions on whatever your astrologist suggests? 

👍😂

19 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

No

14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Frankly not interested in your relentless spin and excuses for Levein!

Nor your incessant and relentless Levein out spin 

7 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

Year on year, we have failed to meet the 4th place target set by Budge herself under Levein. I believe it's foolish to set expectations on the cups as you can't predict your luck in the draw, other than the league cup, we MUST get out of the group. Failure to do so is unacceptable as the odds are certainly stacked in our favour, unlike the remainder of the competition. 

So, we have failed on our main objective twice in a row. As Budge says, a debrief was had and plans to rectify the failure made. As far as we know, Budge and the club have done their side in bringing in the players wanted. We are bottom with baffling decisions made in game, an extensive overall run of poor performances and results with the manager no further forward in dealing with them sufficiently. Fans are unhappy, some to the point of protest against the club they love. The minimum requirement in the cup was met, yes, but is there any genuine sign of us being a side capable of the top 4 despite these plans and players? Not many would bet on it. 

I hope she is right to back him like this but I am very concerned it may just be too difficult a decision for her to sack Levein. 

I think your last comment says it all.  In business it just does not pay to get too close to an employee when you are the person who has to make the tough decision for the benefit of the business!

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Nor your incessant and relentless Levein out spin 

Unfortunately my “spin” was spot on!!

11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It is sad. I have the highest regard for Ann Budge as a person and a businesswoman in dealings I have had with her.

I found her to be intelligent, tough and certainly did not suffer fools gladly.

The tone of her latest statement and her failure to make the tough but correct decision on Levein is totally out with her character, and I am afraid I have lost confidence that she is the person to take our Club forward.

Just your opinion though and not one that everyone else has to agree with. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Going by comments at games, on here and other social media, the vast majority do!

It should have been ten
50 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If you think Craig Levein's playing and managerial career has been a failure you need your head examined. In fact, everything about this post is ignorant shite but especially the bit in bold.

34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Grow up. He's not toxic. If folk want to protest and make eejits of themselves on social media that's up to them. No-one's making them. Many more Hearts fans are content to grumble in private instead. His managerial career has been excellent. Many good managers and players have 0 medals. Instead of toxic I think of Levein as very unlucky, both as a player and - last season especially - as a manager. Even at D Utd he was unlucky not to get a trophy.

Both spot on 

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

In your opinion 

It's not a strength to undermine you're own position by antagonising the paying supporters. Ann is perhaps looking to take the flak off CL, but it comes at a cost to her own position. 

She's delegated all football decisions to him and continues to back him but it's only a matter of time before he goes. That simply isn't a strong position to hold.

Shed have been better saying nowt until she realises it's time for him to go.

Edited by stan

I certainly didn’t want to start hating on her due to the fact she has done good work & helped out when it mattered most but that’s a proper slap in the face to our fans. 

The only hope i have is that that I never trust public statements and backing so if we don’t win the next two games I still expect him to get sacked.  The way I see it, she spoken with him & given him a ‘fix or **** off’ target date & she will publicly back him until then.

Also did anyone else get the impression Robinson’s agent has been the one phoning her & going to the media?

Mid Calder Jambo
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don't think he is the only one who has lost confidence in her ability to take the club forward.  Don't know yet who can but don't see it being AB.

coatbridgejambo
28 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The training field must be a nightmare.  How do you motivate the players when they know about the shambles going on.

Optimistically we'll win the next two games.  That would release some but by no means all of  the pressure.  Realistically, we wont.

We win the next 2 games that will probably buy him another couple of seasons the way its going

Just now, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I don't think he is the only one who has lost confidence in her ability to take the club forward.  Don't know yet who can but don't see it being AB.

Time will tell. If she eventually sacks him it doesn’t mean she was necessarily wrong. I certainly get concerned that people elected by FoH pledgers will determine the future board members of our club. Firings and dismissals every week if they listen to the fans. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

It just shows she will just keep altering the plan to save her pal.

Mid Calder Jambo
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Time will tell. If she eventually sacks him it doesn’t mean she was necessarily wrong. I certainly get concerned that people elected by FoH pledgers will determine the future board members of our club. Firings and dismissals every week if they listen to the fans. 

Nobody wants that.  What we do want is someone running the club that can see when the manager has become a liability and that by sticking to that liability the future financial health and properity of the club is in danger.

What i expected to hear, just not what i wanted to hear. She can deny it all she likes but Levein is untouchable. This is going to be ****ing grim, the shitstorm to follow shall be interesting however 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

She is standing by Levein. She is not interested in the Hearts support. She is telling the Hearts support we don’t count.

Well if she is slapping the fans in the face she deserves all criticism she gets. I believe she just doesn’t understand 

what the fans attitude to this unbelievable interview and the consequences it could have for our club.

Been saying this for months. There is no interest in the normal working class fan from the Hearts board anymore. 

Absolutely disgusting from Budge. 

In season 17/18, when we finished 6th what did we do?  We discussed the situation at length and we responded by investing heavily during the transfer window, to re-shape the team.  In season 18/19, we, like every other Hearts supporter were delighted that our actions seemed to be paying dividends when we were riding high in the early part of the season.  Then disaster struck and we suffered an unprecedented level of injuries.  This meant that for the second year in succession, it looked, as though, achieving our football target of finishing in the Top 4 was at risk.

·       What did we do?  We went back to the planning board.  In January, 2019, well before the end of the season, we took action and modified our plan to focus our investment entirely on strengthening our football operation. 

What Ann fails to recognise here is that the decision to strengthen the football operation simply hasn't materialised on the park.  2 Consecutive 6th places when aiming / budgeting / planning for top 4 followed by sitting BOTTOM of the league 5 games in (3 of those at home versus perennial bottom 6 clubs and a newly promoted one!!).  Where is the improvement we all crave and you so keenly illustrate at every opportunity that the management team are judged upon?  

As for the 'genuine' Hearts fans quip....that really riles me since it implies that all those 'fans' who are not 100% behind the 'plan' are in some way fake?  I have considered our aspirations in the light of the administration and subsequent rebuilding which many many thousands of us helped make possible, indeed continue to do so by renewing ST's, FoH contributions, merch and match day victuals etc. but if we apply Ann's logic then we should no longer be accepting the excuses.  We are rebuilding and in a state of transition thus we can suck up the mediocrity since it'll 'all come good in the end' in a 'told you so' epiphany....F that!!  No more will I make excuses for where we are on the football pitch.  I want Hearts to realise our potential NOW and by Ann's own admission we are NOT in fact planning each year for mediocrity / 6th place / or even last place.  So, are us 'genuine' Hearts supporters not entitled to wonder what the actual fcuk is going on when we haven't won a league match since March and week in week out we pay to watch a team of guys who seem devoid of ideas / confidence / and effort?  We have too many coaches which imo produces a team who are not OVER coached but a team who can no longer be coached any more.  This smacks of mis-management to me and we are in desperate need of a leader both on and off the park!

Edited by jamboiain13

What s pathetic statement from someone who is hopelessly out her depth in the cut and thrust of Scottish football. To try and spin any positives from hoovering cash on 18 or 19 players in the summer of 18, FAILING, so planning again in Jan 19 for more signings then FAILING again, is absolutely astounding.  The fact she had to put the stadium redevelopment on hold to support that clown on his constant spending sprees seems to have passed her by. And now she sits with her fingers crossed while still under the hypnotic spell of Levein. It is really depressing stuff and what an almighty slap in the face to the Hearts support. She deserves all the vitriol, protests, and boycotts that are coming.

40 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He’s hardly had an excellent managerial career though. That is really stretching it no?

Psychedelicropcircle
2 hours ago, farin said:

“Genuine hearts fans” :facepalm:

how to alienate an already seriously pissed of support. What the hell is happening at hearts, every press release just pours petrol over the flames now. 

71AEF5B6-4BB2-4A16-AA18-21127731F3ED.thumb.jpeg.14d9de0aebb961224859c4f8b24fa455.jpeg

Quality Farin 

there are are no tanks in Baghdad 😂😂