Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

Johnny Sandiego

Sunday is neither the time or place foe that. Its a must win derby against a Hibs team who are as shite as we are. My focus will be 100% on backing the team.

Save the protests for the Aberdeen or Killie home games.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I actually believe that statement shows immense strength realising exactly how it would be met.

More balls than most 

15 minutes ago, been here before said:

Great idea. Bound to help the team.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Typical kB. Ripping a guy trying to float an idea that could make a difference. It’s not the best idea granted but we need to come up with something to get the strength of feeling across

I suggested an alternative way to create an atmosphere on Sunday by acknowledging a Tynecastle great, despite the huge positive response there was always going to be one member with a difference of opinion. 

I would rather the fans made a positive noise as opposed to a negative one as it'll all end up horrible.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Sunday is neither the time or place foe that. Its a must win derby against a Hibs team who are as shite as we are. My focus will be 100% on backing the team.

Save the protests for the Aberdeen or Killie home games.

Genuine fans will be at the Aberdeen game for sure 

1 minute ago, dannymack said:

I suggested an alternative way to create an atmosphere on Sunday by acknowledging a Tynecastle great, despite the huge positive response there was always going to be one member with a difference of opinion. 

I would rather the fans made a positive noise as opposed to a negative one as it'll all end up horrible.  

Your idea was a good one. Hope it happens.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I actually believe that statement shows immense strength realising exactly how it would be met.

More balls than most 

:lol: deary, deary me.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Your idea was a good one. Hope it happens.

I did say at the time I respected the opinion of the one fan who opposed to it but I think I'll retract it as I think it was disrespectful to B.P. to call it naff. 👍

You can call it trolling if you like, the fact she has accused Hearts fans of not being genuine supporters if they aren’t happy clappers, while happily taking our money in FOH subscriptions and ticket money is unforgivable. The arrogance is staggering. I actually feel offended by it. We are being taken for granted by the people in power 

37 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

She has become a real threat to the FoH and that is tragic.

This. It's worrying.

I've never contemplated my direct debit...until now.

12 minutes ago, Papa said:

I’m keeping up my FoH payments because I want fan ownership to succeed. If Ann Budge remains so far out of touch with the support we can move for her removal from the board and dismissal as CEO. It’s as simple as that. If we stop our payments we remain at the whim of an arrogant individual. Don’t stop FoH payments - lets make fan ownership happen.

Good point ,people need to realise that stopping payment just delays handover, After this statement by her it,s even more imperative we get proper representation on the board .. 

Can't believe she put out such a divisive statement , 

Keep reading it and it’s patronising pish.

Unless Levein miraculously wins the next 3 games and in a good way, then she’s heading for revolt back to the Pieman days.

we did not come this far for nothing.

I genuinely wonder what Craig Levein has done to inspire this level of loyalty, from someone who has previously seemed very sensible. He has a history of failure throughout his career, has presided over a failing football department for the last four years and been a disaster in the dug out for the last two. 

Seriously, what does she see that has allowed this toxic little man to continually weaken Hearts? 

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

More balls than most 

****ing hell. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

She is standing by Levein. She is not interested in the Hearts support. She is telling the Hearts support we don’t count.

Well if she is slapping the fans in the face she deserves all criticism she gets. I believe she just doesn’t understand 

what the fans attitude to this unbelievable interview and the consequences it could have for our club.

Her job to see the big picture. If you want to properly wield the axe then you have to cease to just be a customer and become the owner. Once your money is where your mouth is you can do what you want. Until then she has the right to do what she wants...

1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Would have been nice if he’d capitalised “News”. May have helped narrow the source a bit.

:D 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, bistokid said:

****ing hell. 

Strength is sticking to what you believe in no matter the pressure on you to buckle. 

Exactly what she has demonstrated,  but too much for the majority to take in

9 minutes ago, JyTees said:

This. It's worrying.

I've never contemplated my direct debit...until now.

Then you should look at yourself in the mirror , person up and stop questioning her

She gave people an explanation that frankly she did not have to do and as expected the usual suspects come on and twist the words meanings and explanation to suit their own viewpoint

The lack of fibre amongst some of our support is the worry not her actions

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Strength is sticking to what you believe in no matter the pressure on you to buckle. 

Ignorance or loyalty would be better words than strength, but I see you point as do 89% of fans so not sure where your majority point comes from.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

I would say strength is taking the right decision even if its hard and even if its personal. She doesn't want to sack her mate, that's my interpretation. Otherwise she's got zero football acumen. Either way we appear to be ****ed. 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Too much for the majority to take in :lol: oh dear, Ann Budge would love you, you are most definitely a genuine fan.

what she is showing is absolutely not strength, it's showing that Levein has got her brainwashed beyond repair. I find it really uncomfortable that you still have certain people that can't see the truth behind all the shit the club sends out. 

Edited by RudiHMFC

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yep. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, jamboj said:

I genuinely wonder what Craig Levein has done to inspire this level of loyalty, from someone who has previously seemed very sensible. He has a history of failure throughout his career, has presided over a failing football department for the last four years and been a disaster in the dug out for the last two. 

Seriously, what does she see that has allowed this toxic little man to continually weaken Hearts? 

If you think Craig Levein's playing and managerial career has been a failure you need your head examined. In fact, everything about this post is ignorant shite but especially the bit in bold.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Too much for the majority to take in :lol: oh dear, Ann Budge would love you, you are most definitely a genuine fan.

Sure am buddy. Thick and thin. 

She saved my club, I'll afford her this in the short term 

Diadora Van Basten

I knew what would be in the press release because she has said that she will look long term and not act on a whim.

I can accept that injuries have played a part but my main gripe is that we keep wasting money on players that are awful. Oshaniwa, Martins, Amankwaa, Clare, the Czech striker etc. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Is it strength as you call it? I think it's more an egotistical thing.

Of course I want us to win the next two games in particular but any silver lining we thought we might have if we lost is surely gone. I genuinely believe he'll be here until the end of the season even if we are headed for relegation.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

budge has been treating the hearts fans like an unwelcome nuisance for years (not just the loyalists and flame throwers etc) - the queen Ann forelock tuggers are now dwindling so hopefully once she's  bought out the pleading for queen Ann to stay on beyond that will hopefully subside too - done loads of great stuff for hearts in partnership with the fans cash flow good to see her moved on soon as tho

i think levein should get the Derby so win-win - levein gets a last chance (or two) and budge alienates even more fans

:)

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Why did we not stick by Cathro?

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Keep reading it and it’s patronising pish.

Unless Levein miraculously wins the next 3 games and in a good way, then she’s heading for revolt back to the Pieman days.

we did not come this far for nothing.

I think this is pretty clear tbh:

"We will continue to scrutinise our on-field performances and should we feel our plans are going astray and our approach needs to be adjusted, we will respond accordingly."

It's about as far from the pieman days as we can possibly be. That was about saving the club not improving performances.

Big Slim Stylee
8 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

what she is showing is absolutely not strength, it's showing that Levein has got her brainwashed beyond repair. I find it really uncomfortable that you still have certain people that can't see the truth behind all the shit the club sends out. 

I find it really bizarre that you are happy to use ridiculous terms like “brainwashed” and bizarre hints at conspiracy. It’s ignorant rubbish.

Budge has laid out her reasoning. You can agree or disagree. There is logic in what she says.

Conversely, there is feck all logic in your increasingly hysterical rants.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If you think Craig Levein's playing and managerial career has been a failure you need your head examined. In fact, everything about this post is ignorant shite but especially the bit in bold.

I don't remember his playing peak, I'm not old enough. However, his managerial career at Hearts, Leicester, Dundee Utd, Scotland, and Hearts again has yielded 0 trophies and very few significant achievements, given the available resources. His performance as DoF at hearts has been woeful for four years.

And if you think a man who has driven supporters to protest outside Tynecastle, chant for his resignation in the stands, and gained the obvious level of contempt from the vast majority of Hearts fans, to be anything other than toxic, then it's your head that needs the examination. 

portobellojambo1
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think it is a symptom of where we presently find ourselves. Rather than focusing on Craig Levein's recent involvement with the club, including solely as manager his playing spell, and he was a very gifted player, will also be drawn into things. The danger is that despite the grateful thanks people have for Ann initially coming up with the cash lump sum that legacy could be tarnished as well if we find ourselves back in The Championship when FoH take over the major shareholding in the business, and we have to be honest, that is without  doubt a possibility.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why did we not stick by Cathro?

Easy. One man had no record of being a head coach at a high level, with decent success lack of trophies aside, and one does. One was obviously in over his head and one is on a bad run.

It's not that crazy to believe that Craig Levein the good manager might appear again. I'm at the stage where I don't think he will, because of motivation rather than tactical or managerial ability issues. The Well game made my mind up. Budge still has faith and it should be possible to respect that and - maybe as a thanks for saving the club - backing her decision instead of crying about it.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, jamboj said:

I don't remember his playing peak, I'm not old enough. However, his managerial career at Hearts, Leicester, Dundee Utd, Scotland, and Hearts again has yielded 0 trophies and very few significant achievements, given the available resources. His performance as DoF at hearts has been woeful for four years.

And if you think a man who has driven supporters to protest outside Tynecastle, chant for his resignation in the stands, and gained the obvious level of contempt from the vast majority of Hearts fans, to be anything other than toxic, then it's your head that needs the examination. 

Grow up. He's not toxic. If folk want to protest and make eejits of themselves on social media that's up to them. No-one's making them. Many more Hearts fans are content to grumble in private instead. His managerial career has been excellent. Many good managers and players have 0 medals. Instead of toxic I think of Levein as very unlucky, both as a player and - last season especially - as a manager. Even at D Utd he was unlucky not to get a trophy.

1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

She can **** off, too.

Truly a joke of a post

The owner who saved the club does not need that nonsense and you should apologise

37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

More balls than most 

It does Gio , but the salient point is that she is indeed burying her head in the sand . 

There is no way Craig can turn this round now it's to far gone . He has lost many of his staunchest allies in the stands , including me , with his teams performance, team selection , tactical nous and ridiculous comments. 

I must admit reading that statement made me a little bit annoyed with the patronising undertone . Ann is in serious danger  of being dragged down with Craig and that's something I really hope doesn't happen . 

3 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I find it really bizarre that you are happy to use ridiculous terms like “brainwashed” and bizarre hints at conspiracy. It’s ignorant rubbish.

Budge has laid out her reasoning. You can agree or disagree. There is logic in what she says.

Conversely, there is feck all logic in your increasingly hysterical rants.

Where is the logic in keeping a manager that hasn't won a league game since march? I won't be duped by these pair, you can if you want but all logic tells me we are heading for relegation under these.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Easy. One man had no record of being a head coach at a high level, with decent success lack of trophies aside, and one does. One was obviously in over his head and one is on a bad run.

It's not that crazy to believe that Craig Levein the good manager might appear again. I'm at the stage where I don't think he will, because of motivation rather than tactical or managerial ability issues. The Well game made my mind up. Budge still has faith and it should be possible to respect that and - maybe as a thanks for saving the club - backing her decision instead of crying about it.

Possibly. 

Or was it because it is easier to sack a failing Head Coach when he is not so embedded into every aspect of the club, including the Board?

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A bad run 😂😂😂😂😂

You mean the joint worst run in our entire history. 

That bad run yeah?? 

I will not be backing her decision as it is a disgraceful decision to keep Levein on!! 

William Wallace

She’s a slavering old pensioner. Time for her to join her blue rinsed wrinkly friends and leave running the club to a CEO who actually knows how to run a football club.

desperate stuff from “Queen Ann”.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Possibly. 

Or was it because it is easier to sack a failing Head Coach when he is not so embedded into every aspect of the club, including the Board?

Probably. Budge knows more than anyone the work Levein is doing off the park. Maybe should give her the benefit of the doubt that's she's making informed decisions.

46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

More balls than most 

Either that or sheer contempt for its audience. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Grow up. He's not toxic. If folk want to protest and make eejits of themselves on social media that's up to them. No-one's making them. Many more Hearts fans are content to grumble in private instead. His managerial career has been excellent. Many good managers and players have 0 medals. Instead of toxic I think of Levein as very unlucky, both as a player and - last season especially - as a manager. Even at D Utd he was unlucky not to get a trophy.

This is the post of someone paying no attention to evidence. Tell me, do you base your life decisions on whatever your astrologist suggests? 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ah sorry he is just unlucky now. 

My god mate come on. Has he been unlucky for 3 seasons!!!! 

48 minutes ago, Papa said:

I’m keeping up my FoH payments because I want fan ownership to succeed. If Ann Budge remains so far out of touch with the support we can move for her removal from the board and dismissal as CEO. It’s as simple as that. If we stop our payments we remain at the whim of an arrogant individual. Don’t stop FoH payments - lets make fan ownership happen.

PLEASE EVERYBODY PAY ATTENTION

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON!!