Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

She is standing by Levein. She is not interested in the Hearts support. She is telling the Hearts support we don’t count.

Well if she is slapping the fans in the face she deserves all criticism she gets. I believe she just doesn’t understand 

what the fans attitude to this unbelievable interview and the consequences it could have for our club.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Now, now it's only 5 games apparently!!

Not 11 months with the least points in the League.

Not 1 win in 17 league matches.

Not 3 points out of 36.

Just 5 games... Stop being so knee-jerk!!

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

She is standing by Levein. She is not interested in the Hearts support. She is telling the Hearts support we don’t count.

Well if she is slapping the fans in the face she deserves all criticism she gets. I believe she just doesn’t understand 

what the fans attitude to this unbelievable interview and the consequences it could have for our club.

Can you just post the link? I don’t really trust your potted version. 😄

That’s it for me. If the board are behind Levein then the people representing  FOH are not fit for purpose. As far as AB is concerned she could not be more wrong. This decision and the use of supporters money to get recruits to look after a Ladies team is not strategic thinking to improve HMFC, it’s politically correct madness. 

I have calmed down a bit and now agree with some others despite the statement he is now on a countdown.She has publicly backed him now so he has to get the job done.Lose the next few games and he is gone.

Edited by vegas-voss

"In short, our Board remains behind the Manager, his coaching staff and his team… not because he is “untouchable”, not because he is “all-powerful”, and not because we are “weak”, as has been suggested.  We remain behind him because we believe in the plan we have jointly put together.

We will continue to scrutinise our on-field performances and should we feel our plans are going astray and our approach needs to be adjusted, we will respond accordingly."

Buckle up folks, we are in for a bumpy ride.

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I have calmed down a bit and now agree with some others despite the statement he is now on a countdown.She has publicly backed him now so he has to get the job done.Lose the next few games and he is gone.

The next few games! At which point, our season is effectively over. What a joke

Unfortunately, it's only reducing income streams that will exercise the mind. 

The reliance on the Hearts support's love of the Club is a blunt tool used by owners and managers, alike. An atttitude that deserves a really good kicking. 

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Could be the dreaded vote of confidence followed by a sacking soon

Sadly its just 2 fingers to the fans and media 

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I don't think so!! Levein is here until the bitter end - no way Budge is sacking him - their close relationship is totally unhealthy for HMFC!

This is going to get ever messy!  I am starting to fear for my Club.

She's right about the injuries but completely ignored the utterly dire performances week in and week out.  

It will come right when 2 or 3 players return is not a plan  it's a prayer.

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Condescending pish.

"To all genuine Hearts supporters". Get away with that shite. 

What she means is all the Hearts fans who say nothing and keep buying ST and pay in their FoH money! Sad day TBH.

Just read her statement , 5 Games huh ... just a blip according to her , 

Disgraceful .. Just keep throwing your money at us she is basically saying and we will keep buying players to get us out of this slump ,You lot know naff all we know best , 

Well know this Mrs Budge It,s not a 5 game demise it's 3 Years of mediocrity , first that idiot Cathro and now the great all seeing Levein . 

You've blown it with that statement .. Your so out of touch... 

Big Slim Stylee
25 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Can you just post the link? I don’t really trust your potted version. 😄

Would have been nice if he’d capitalised “News”. May have helped narrow the source a bit.

8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Condescending pish.

"To all genuine Hearts supporters". Get away with that shite. 

100%

Patronising old boot.

I've had a season ticket for 35 years, since primary school, and have followed Hearts all over.  Is that genuine enough for you Budge?  Cos I want him removed pronto.

No mention of why she thinks we get so many injuries, that must just be bad luck then. 

No criticism of Levein whatsoever, nothing about training methods, tactics etc. 

It seems she's just throwing money at the problem.

Every year Levein will get a new squad bought for him and every year he'll fail,

Or as Ann sees it, do a very good job. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The dreaded vote of confidence! 

I doubt it. You wouldn’t give two fingers to the fans in a vote of confidence.

1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

We’ll have a new manager by this time next month unless our on the pitch fortunes change starting with Sunday. 

So you didn't read the statement then?!

Just now, Sooperstar said:

So you didn't read the statement then?!

I did read the statement. 

We will continue to scrutinise our on-field performances and should we feel our plans are going astray and our approach needs to be adjusted, we will respond accordingly.”

That is her saying if things don’t improve it will

be acted upon.

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What she means is all the Hearts fans who say nothing and keep buying ST and pay in their FoH money! Sad day TBH.

Basically the fans that turned up to protest aren’t the genuine ones then 🤔

If the plan goes astray we will look at it , Lol.. really how far astray does it have to go ! 

Genuine fans really,  surely the 15000 average who turn up regardless to watch absolute dross for the last 3 seasons can be counted as genuine and it,s those genuine fans who are totally fed up being treated as cash cows .

We bought in a squad this year to cover for injuries really ,that's why half our team are youngsters and  old men at the end of their careers.. and we are bottom of the league.. 

Appalling statement , Levein (sorry Craig ) can do no wrong ... 

Sorry but even after all she's done it doesn't wash anymore . 

we are being treated with contempt... 

I need my medication... this is so ****ed up that she now looks bonkers and even if she does get rid in a couple of weeks she will still look bonkers after what she said recently and today. We are nothing to her. Now we know this. Well.she is nothing at all to me. I only care about the club. Anyone that clearly doesn't can do one.

Huge balls up lady... please retire 

1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

I did read the statement. 

We will continue to scrutinise our on-field performances and should we feel our plans are going astray and our approach needs to be adjusted, we will respond accordingly.”

That is her saying if things don’t improve it will

be acted upon.

Which she has said before! She clearly has no plans to get rid any time soon.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Which she has said before! She clearly has no plans to get rid any time soon.

Rest assured, he will be gone should things not improve. I don’t how many games he’ll have been told he has but he’s most certainly been given a minimum short term target to achieve and failure to do so will see him removed as head coach. 

2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Rest assured, he will be gone should things not improve. I don’t how many games he’ll have been told he has but he’s most certainly been given a minimum short term target to achieve and failure to do so will see him removed as head coach. 

Deluded my friend.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Take the blinkers off Ann. This genuine life long fan is genuinely thinking of not attending one more game until your poster boy is gone for good. 

Shanks said no
Just now, farin said:

“Genuine hearts fans” :facepalm:

how to alienate an already seriously pissed of support. What the hell is happening at hearts, every press release just pours petrol over the flames now. 

71AEF5B6-4BB2-4A16-AA18-21127731F3ED.thumb.jpeg.14d9de0aebb961224859c4f8b24fa455.jpeg

Got to agree Farin, she has lost it here