Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

😃😃😃

Nobody knows the extent of the conversations that have taken place at board level.

But I think you’re  right mate so far as Levein goes, I dont think Ann will be going anywhere fast.

Always a rollercoaster ride with us 😂

A rollercoaster - no doubt about that. It always has been following Hearts. Ann Budge really has laid it on the line with the tone of that statement.  If things don't improve very quickly then none of this discontent with the management of the club is going to disappear. In any case all we can do just now is get behind the team on Sunday and hope for vast improve the all round.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It is not self importance. Let us see where ignoring the support gets her. The only truth the support are interested in is getting out of one of the worst runs in the history of the club. Funnily enough most football fans aren't interested in theinner workings of the club or what goes on in  the boardroom. What they are interested in is football. They are at the end of their tether and if she can't see that and act on it then it will bite her on the arse spectacularly.

Come on, grow up, how can you sit there furiously bashing a keyboard with righteous indignation for day after day? Everybody is disappointed and even angry after bad results and poor performances, but for normal people the feeling disippates and you start looking forward to the next game. There will come a time when Levein passes the point of no return but it will be from a meaningful game like Hibs or the Aberdeen cup match, not a Motherwell game... Trying to whip people who read your chagrin up into a similar frenzy on the internet day after day, starts to resemble self-centred look-at-me posturing, rather than genuine concern for the club's well-being...

No one worth listening to hates Ann Budge,  the vast majority recognises what she has done. But she jeopardises it by backing Craig Levein to the hilt, even though everyone knows it’s only a matter of time, and she did it whilst patronising quite a lot of fans - entirely dismissing the fact we’ve been the worst side in the league for 12 months, haven’t won a game in 6 months and on the worst run in our HISTORY.  The “genuine fans” comment was ridiculous. 

it not enjoyable going to hearts games.. it hasn’t been for years.. on the pitch, which at the end of the day is the only bit that matters it’s joyless. An absolute chore to watch.. 

really hope Ann wakes up and smells the coffee before this one bad call ruins everything. 

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Personallyďťż I am willing to give Ann Budge more time, and yes that does obviously mean giving ďťżLevein mďťżore timďťżeďťż. ďťżďťż

Giving someone more time can work but only if they know what they are doing. Levein’s record as a manager is poor and anyone watching the team over the last year can see he is lacking in tactical awareness. What is more worrying is the attitude of AB. It’s right that we should question the motives of a club CEO who is investing in a ladies team instead of ploughing the money into improving the first team. Her veiled insults of the support are frankly disgraceful.

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Don't you realise that she is defending HER plan? When you attack Levein as failing, it is Budge you are attacking as everything is her plan, her way of applying her business experience to football...That is what this statement reveals.

Personally I am willing to give Ann Budge more time, and yes that does obviously mean giving Levein more time. Things are obviously pretty bad at the moment, but if anyone deserved a longer leash than the norm it is Ann Budge...

See at the end of the day, her plan has failed and is continuing to fail (in a football sense). Supporters won't put up with it and will force the change one way or another. Regardless of what I think about her latest decision, one thing I am sure of is there is now tremendous bad feeling from a large section of the support towards Ann. Imo that is due to her condescending statement and her failure to make, for many, a very obvious decision.

Back her all you like. The increasing majority of fans will ensure Ann and Craig are in for a very bumpy ride. It's just a damn shame tbh but she won't be the first chief exec to be turned ion by the support having previously held hero status.

9 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

We are 5 games into the season. We have spent the summer planning for this season and signing players that CL wanted as part of the/his plan. To sack him 5 games in is “tearing up the plan 5 games in” I don’t get how people don’t see that?! Yes last season was bad but this season is a different season. 

So let’s say we sack CL and take a new manager in....he cannot get CL’s players to play how he wants as after al they are CL’s players we get to January and are still bottom of the league, what do we do? Sack the new manager and tear up another plan? or is it CL’s fault? If we were nearing the end of a season or January I would agree in sacking him but not this early. 

As for Ann, I like that she doesn’t buckle to every protest. Surely we all want someone strong to lead our club? Someone who wants what is good for our club or do we get rid of her for a chairman who is only in it for a nice salary??  Really?? 

You only have to read these pages to see the hatred by some towards Ann! It’s incredible. The 1st sign of trouble and we turn on the women who has made us twice the club we were! Unbelievable. 

As for me being a “genuine fan” yes I am, I don’t go to many games due to location and work but go as often as I can, I pay my DD every month, make 1 off donations and support no matter what, I don’t cancel DD’s because I don’t agree with everything the club do! I donate coz it’s my club. Simple as that. 

I certainly haven’t labelled anyone “not a genuine fan like me” and take offence to you suggesting that! I can only assume you have that mentality before you thought that. 🙈

We are ten games into the season. 

I've not read all the comments on this thread but enough to gauge the general mood, so I'll add my tuppence worth.

Up until now I've backed AB, but this statement has changed my stance.

The "genuine fans" comment is basically saying if you don't agree you're not a fan.

Well Mrs Budge, I've had an ST continuously for the last 50 years, I've missed 6 domestic fixtures (H&A) in the last 45 years, I don't agree with you, so am I not a "genuine fan" any more ?

You say it's been a "disappointing start".

Had we come off the back of a good season, a 5 game winless run would have been "disappointing" but not critical, but to go a year serving up the utter shite we've been subjected to is a hell of a lot more than that.

You say the board have continuously invested in the squad, that's true, but only because previous investments have failed on a regular basis.

You use the now tired old excuse of injuries.

Yes we've suffered more than most, but a team that should be challenging at the top of the league should have a squad capable of at least staying in touch, even without 3 or 4 of their first choice players.

You say the long term planning is "constantly being reviewed and revised."

Well hoping that a couple of players will come back from injury soon is not planning, it's crossing your fingers and hoping for the best.

Your statement was no doubt intended to calm the anger of the fans, all it has done is pour fuel on the flames.

This means you're either hopelessly out of touch or showing utter contempt for those that care deeply about this club, OUR CLUB.

Either way, something has to be done, and done soon, or you risk undoing all the hard work done by a lot of dedicated people over the last 5 years

44 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I’m glad Ann has released a statement and I’m glad she has stated that she will not be pushed into making any knee jerk decisions. I like that she will not tear up our plan and start again 5 games into a season. No im not happy with our onfield performance but I’m glad the women in charge doesn’t make a decision based on threats and protests overnight. We need our chairman/women to be strong and organised. She has proven again she is. I do fully believe that behind the scenes she is planning and calculating how best to change it if and when to change it so that we can continue our plan rather than tearing it all up and starting again. I just don’t get the hatred of Ann. Football is a business and needs run like one nowadays. Rash knee jerk reactions are not business decisions. I get we are a football team but we are ran like a business nowadays that’s the only way to get anywhere. 

Very brave and selfless statement in my eyes. Shows her strength and determination to make the right choices for the club even when under presssure from protests and media storms. Some of us may not see it but one day you will be glad she is this way. 

Ive lost faith in Levein but will support him and hope he can turn it around. But ann has my backing all the way!!

I’ll back the club, players and manager while they are here. Always will. I think his time is up now though.

Long term, Ann backing CL is either incredibly brave or incredibly daft. He’s going to have to go on a great run to get us back into a position where we can finish top 4. I don’t believe it is possible now tbh.

Ann’s kind of put herself in a difficult position.

How long does she back it? 

If we get beaten by Hibs, his job is untenable, surely? It already is tbh.

Get beat by Hibs and Aberdeen and Ann still going to be backing him?

It seems a bit foolish to come out with this statement before we play Hibs because if we lose, there’s going to be more protests, more disharmony, less and less people turning up.. etc 

13 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

We are 5 games into the season. We have spent the summer planning for this season and signing players that CL wanted as part of the/his plan. To sack him 5 games in is “tearing up the plan 5 games in” I don’t get how people don’t see that?! Yes last season was bad but this season is a different season. 

So let’s say we sack CL and take a new manager in....he cannot get CL’s players to play how he wants as after al they are CL’s players we get to January and are still bottom of the league, what do we do? Sack the new manager and tear up another plan? or is it CL’s fault? If we were nearing the end of a season or January I would agree in sacking him but not this early. 

As for Ann, I like that she doesn’t buckle to every protest. Surely we all want someone strong to lead our club? Someone who wants what is good for our club or do we get rid of her for a chairman who is only in it for a nice salary??  Really?? 

You only have to read these pages to see the hatred by some towards Ann! It’s incredible. The 1st sign of trouble and we turn on the women who has made us twice the club we were! Unbelievable. 

As for me being a “genuine fan” yes I am, I don’t go to many games due to location and work but go as often as I can, I pay my DD every month, make 1 off donations and support no matter what, I don’t cancel DD’s because I don’t agree with everything the club do! I donate coz it’s my club. Simple as that. 

I certainly haven’t labelled anyone “not a genuine fan like me” and take offence to you suggesting that! I can only assume you have that mentality before you thought that. 🙈

Incredible post. 

The problem is Levein can’t even get his own players to do whatever his master plan is! A new manager couldn’t do any worse than this even though they are all Levein’s players! Relegation form for nearly a year in the league. Just glossing over that are we?

Edited by kila

14 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Now, now it's only 5 games apparently!!

Not 11 months with the least points in the League.

Not 1 win in 17 league matches.

Not 3 points out of 36.

Just 5 games... Stop being so knee-jerk!!

MarkDevriesScores4

The sooner we, “the genuine fans” (FOH) can buy her out the better. We thank her for her efforts and send her on her way. 

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Come on, grow up, how can you sit there furiously bashing a keyboard with righteous indignation for day after day? Everybody is disappointed and even angry after bad results and poor performances, but for normal people the feeling disippates and you start looking forward to the next game. There will come a time when Levein passes the point of no return but it will be from a meaningful game like Hibs or the Aberdeen cup match, not a Motherwell game... Trying to whip people who read your chagrin up into a similar frenzy on the internet day after day, starts to resemble self-centred look-at-me posturing, rather than genuine concern for the club's well-being...

Ok. To suggest I'm trying to whip people up to a frenzy is absolutely ridiculous. All I've done is voice my displeasure at the club backing a manager who has led us to one of the worst runs of results in the history of the club and my concern for the relationship of the fans and the owner for her continued backing of Levein. Of you read that as some sort of call to arms then fine. 

1 hour ago, Mdoug79 said:

I’m glad Ann has released a statement and I’m glad she has stated that she will not be pushed into making any knee jerk decisions. I like that she will not tear up our plan and start again 5 games into a season. No im not happy with our onfield performance but I’m glad the women in charge doesn’t make a decision based on threats and protests overnight. We need our chairman/women to be strong and organised. She has proven again she is. I do fully believe that behind the scenes she is planning and calculating how best to change it if and when to change it so that we can continue our plan rather than tearing it all up and starting again. I just don’t get the hatred of Ann. Football is a business and needs run like one nowadays. Rash knee jerk reactions are not business decisions. I get we are a football team but we are ran like a business nowadays that’s the only way to get anywhere. 

Very brave and selfless statement in my eyes. Shows her strength and determination to make the right choices for the club even when under presssure from protests and media storms. Some of us may not see it but one day you will be glad she is this way. 

Ive lost faith in Levein but will support him and hope he can turn it around. But ann has my backing all the way!!

Utter garbage. 5 games into a.season? What about the 25 before that!

There is no hatred of Ann, not just now anyway, but her loyalty to the dinosaur will be her downfall. How she can publicly back him is beyond me, he should have been gone a long time ago.

This statement has done nothing other than add fuel to the fire and the lack of respect shown towards the supporters is disgraceful.

What is a genuine fan? 

20 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

10 games. 

16 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Lets put the summer signings aside for a second, has CL improved the players at our club through coaching over the last year?

Did you see an improved defensive performance after spending the 2 week international week working on defence?

What have you seen in the last few games that indicates an improved run of results is coming up?

By saying that sacking CL now is too early because the new manager would have to work with the same players until January, do you honestly think that a new manager, through better tactical choices and improved coaching of the current squad wouldn’t be able to improve performances and results?

25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No one worth listening to hates Ann Budge,  the vast majority recognises what she has done. But she jeopardises it by backing Craig Levein to the hilt, even though everyone knows it’s only a matter of time, and she did it whilst patronising quite a lot of fans - entirely dismissing the fact we’ve been the worst side in the league for 12 months, haven’t won a game in 6 months and on the worst run in our HISTORY.  The “genuine fans” comment was ridiculous. 

it not enjoyable going to hearts games.. it hasn’t been for years.. on the pitch, which at the end of the day is the only bit that matters it’s joyless. An absolute chore to watch.. 

really hope Ann wakes up and smells the coffee before this one bad call ruins everything. 

The genuine fans comment was nowhere near as bad as some of the barbed comments and insults that posters on here throw in every hour or so. Lot of pantwetters get indignant at her comment- jeez grow up guys. 

9 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Lets put the summer signings aside for a second, has CL improved the players at our club through coaching over the last year?

Did you see an improved defensive performance after spending the 2 week international week working on defence?

What have you seen in the last few games that indicates an improved run of results is coming up?

By saying that sacking CL now is too early because the new manager would have to work with the same players until January, do you honestly think that a new manager, through better tactical choices and improved coaching of the current squad wouldn’t be able to improve performances and results?

Don’t know and neither do you. 

27 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I've not read all the comments on this thread but enough to gauge the general mood, so I'll add my tuppence worth.

The "genuine fans" comment is basically saying if you don't agree you're not a fan.

Well Mrs Budge, I've had an ST continuously for the last 50 years, I've missed 6 domestic fixtures (H&A) in the last 45 years, I don't agree with you, so am I not a "genuine fan" any more ?

Had we come off the back of a good season, a 5 game winless run would have been "disappointing" but not critical, but to go a year serving up the utter shite we've been subjected to is a hell of a lot more than that.

You say the board have continuously invested in the squad, that's true, but only because previous investments have failed on a regular basis.

Yes we've suffered more than most, but a team that should be challenging at the top of the league should have a squad capable of at least staying in touch, even without 3 or 4 of their first choice players.

Well hoping that a couple of players will come back from injury soon is not planning, it's crossing your fingers and hoping for the best.

Your statement was no doubt intended to calm the anger of the fans, all it has done is pour fuel on the flames.

This means you're either hopelessly out of touch or showing utter contempt for those that care deeply about this club, OUR CLUB.

Either way, something has to be done, and done soon, or you risk undoing all the hard work done by a lot of dedicated people over the last 5 years

Excellent post 

39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The change i wanted? Just me then?

No, not just you.  You and lots of others, including myself.  But I'm not chucking my toys out the pram because the woman in control has a different view from me about what's needed at this moment.  

I actually wish she hadn't made it, but it's clear to me - and maybe I'm entirely wrong - that the statement is aimed at those outwith the club who are perceived to be stirring things up.

I will add that the statement fails to acknowledge that our form has been dire for much longer than 5 games, and that is where I take real issue with it.  But to see it as a slight of Hearts fans in general, genuine or otherwise, is an interpretation influenced by the more general feeling of anger and discontent.

34 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Have you seen the squad, there’s plenty managers out there that could put 11 players into a formation with clear instructions and a game plan to beat Ross County and Hamilton at Tynecastle.... not to mention most of the other teams in the league.

This plan is the shield to protect CL and is complete fantasy stuff, which can never work with him in charge, unless that plan is to get us relegated for shits and giggles!

46 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed, she is showing a bit of bottle and we should at least recognise that. Her and Levein have taken an inordinate amount of stick on here in recent times and now she comes out with one message of rebuttal and all those who have been slagging her can’t take it. Taking sides isn’t what it’s about but mob rule rarely solves a problem. 

We are bottom of the league. We are bottom of the league for 2019. We are bottom of the league for almost a full calendar year. We have finished 5th, 6th and 6th under the current set up. Signed over 70 players. Sold a handful, none of any note. Wasted wage upon wage on dross. “Genuine” Hearts fans, as Budge put it, have have had enough. How far do we need to drop? How many more excuses can be made to excuse this sleeping walking into oblivion. Nothing, literally nothing, points to us suddenly waking up and going on some form of great run of form. Unforgivable to allow Levein another second within the club. Budge has picked her side. Her statement done nothing to quell the ill will, in fact it was released to antagonise and be bullish and let the “genuine” Hearts fans know that Levein knows best. Tells you everything you need to know about where the club is right now. It’s WAR......😂😂 JOKES, no going down that road again. 

I have said for months now that I fully trust Budge to rip through the football department and fix any problems as a result, I also said I’d wait for her review. Well yesterday she slapped me in the face with the biggest pile of condescending bull shit, you’d ever read. Am gutted. Budge has been a revelation at Hearts. She has propelled us into the 21st century and stabilised a business notorious for under achieving. Yesterday she confirmed, which we all feared, something that has been in front of our eyes for years, that Levein runs the club and has her ear, over us. Am gutted. She is now part of the problem. 

Such a sad state of affairs. It is genuinely gutting to see a club legend doing so much damage to a club we all love. It’s even sadder to see a woman who ushered in fan ownership and helped build up the biggest fan ownership program in world football be so against its fans. Crazy how much this has unravelled. 

19 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

The sooner we, “the genuine fans” (FOH) can buy her out the better. We thank her for her efforts and send her on her way. 

I get the frustration and and anger amongst us all just now, I'm spending a lot of time screaming into thin air. 

It was a strong statement, maybe using some misguided words that we will see an apology for later. Or maybe we won't, maybe she'll stick by them and people may see that she was right. Are fans pissed off? Yes. Are fans eager to stick the boot in? Also yes. We seem to forget that she was a Hearts fan long before she was the owner. Do people really, truly think that she is trying her level best to ruin us as a club? Or is there a lot of emotion rather than logic running rampant here? 

As an aside, do FoH have anyone(s) with business experience as a candidate for taking over by the way? That's a general question for all in the board, not for you specifically MdVS4. Despite what a lot of people seem to think, this isn't Champ Man. You can't just reload and start again if/when you make a **** of things. 

25 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Utter garbage. 5 games into a.season? What about the 25 before that!

There is no hatred of Ann, not just now anyway, but her loyalty to the dinosaur will be her downfall. How she can publicly back him is beyond me, he should have been gone a long time ago.

This statement has done nothing other than add fuel to the fire and the lack of respect shown towards the supporters is disgraceful.

What is a genuine fan? 

Most genuine fans are horrified that we haven't won a league game in over 170 days. People saying it's only 5 games into the season , conviently ignoring our additional 5 league cup games ,deserve Levein as manager.

14 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

"In short, our Board remains behind the Manager, his coaching staff and his team… not because he is “untouchable”, not because he is “all-powerful”, and not because we are “weak”, as has been suggested.  We remain behind him because we believe in the plan we have jointly put together.

We will continue to scrutinise our on-field performances and should we feel our plans are going astray and our approach needs to be adjusted, we will respond accordingly."

Buckle up folks, we are in for a bumpy ride.

The plans have been going astray for a long time, Ann. 

I think it's quite clear she is way out of her depth and her blind loyalty to Craig and his methods are now creating a horrible atmosphere between the fans and the management. 

Entrusting so much of the 'football side' to one man was only going to end in one way. Failure. 

We have failed in our results, player recruitment, coaching methods, injury management. It's a total mess and she should really have has the decency to own up to her and Craig's failings in that statement. 

She has now alienated the support even more prior to 2 critical games. This is only going to get worse as I cannot see this discombobulated jumble of players in odd positions and lacking any form of belief or confidence getting a result on Sunday or Wednesday. 

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Apart from the fact it’s the biggest load of patronising bullshit I have ever read and tbh it’s an absolute insult to those who go week in week out and who are putting their hard earned cash into the club 

what does the statement actually  say ?

CL reports to the board about all football matters and what actions are being taken about on field performances (this statement neither shows or makes any reference to points of accountability whatsoever)

is she watching the player performances and how turgid the team is playing. Lack of creativity, lack of spark and everyone lacking confidence/belief to pass the ball upfield in a normal fashion. Does she understand why this gives people the “fear” about her confidence of CL and coaches, 5 years in, when a lot of the support is watching the on field decay and wondering who is to blame for this

she doesnt need to justify the off field stuff she has done nor the fact that she has whole heartedly backed the manager with transfer funds and commited to the club. This isn’t in question whatsoever 

she is speaking to the support like for some it is a knee jerk moment and they haven’t thought things through properly 

5 years forward into the new era. If AB had backed a few other managers that may have been appointed 1st team manager like she has backed CL we would be flying right now.

Really concerning that there is nothing in that statement that even convinces me she has a Plan B. I’m certainly not carrying the same amount of business acumen that Ann Budge has but surely every business has a Plan B 

she would have been better off saying nothing nothing rather than come out with that statement. Lighting the torch paper as far as I’m concerned 

Hard to disagree with any of this!

pettigrewsstylist
15 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Unfortunately, it's only reducing income streams that will exercise the mind. 

The reliance on the Hearts support's love of the Club is a blunt tool used by owners and managers, alike. An atttitude that deserves a really good kicking. 

Hopefully a minority view.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Mdoug79 said:

I think you should read context. I was talking about how Budge labelled the support, not you.

18 minutes ago, Haken said:

No, not just you.  You and lots of others, including myself.  But I'm not chucking my toys out the pram because the woman in control has a different view from me about what's needed at this moment.  

I actually wish she hadn't made it, but it's clear to me - and maybe I'm entirely wrong - that the statement is aimed at those outwith the club who are perceived to be stirring things up.

I will add that the statement fails to acknowledge that our form has been dire for much longer than 5 games, and that is where I take real issue with it.  But to see it as a slight of Hearts fans in general, genuine or otherwise, is an interpretation influenced by the more general feeling of anger and discontent.

Everybody chucking the toys out of the pram is maybe why Ann is talking to us like babies. Hadn't considered that tbh.

I think you are in a small minority to think the statement was aimed at those outside the club.

Seriously though, I think she is alienating the support. I get you are willing to be patient and I am the opposite but as I have said previously I believe the fans have had enough, I think they will start to get very vocal about that (some in a more nasty way than others) and her inaction and condescending statement will be the end of her at Hearts. Which is the last thing I ever wanted,

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

The statement is measured and clear . It demonstrates strong leadership whilst quashing agenda driven media speculation . You don't have to agree with her on CL to see this .

:what:

It’s not Brexit ffs. We can’t win football matches. 

58 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Well said 👏👏

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

It is their plan.

Are you suggesting Budge decided on the DoF model, the academy restructure, the coaching structure on her own? 

Why not keep the plan but with different people? Is that not how a business would do it? 

Things seldom work that way. Budge had the high level strategy. Levein provided the detailed strategy - added the meat to the bones. Budge agreed and accepted Levein's ideas. In that respect yes it is their plan, but as the senior exec, it is ultimately HER plan. If Levein were to be replaced, anyone new would have different ideas, either piecemeal (in which case why bother) or wholesale (which means tearing up the plan and starting again - as she mentions). I can understand her resisting the calls to ditch everything and start again. She is the owner, she is the one ultimately responsible. She has the right to try to see it through. Many customers don't believe in it any more. I'm not sure myself, but I'm content to let her (and Levein) continue trying...The bad business practices in football are almost entirely due to fan pressure and impatient, less than fully engaged owners who seek to shift the blame onto managers...Budge is not doing this. For this I respect her.

Just now, tcjambo said:

Good statement. However I still think CL has only two games to turn it around. Probably has to win both.

Yeah, that’s my take on it at the moment. Her last paragraph in the stat was pertinent. If think don’t improve, he’s finished, that’s clear 

1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

We arent buying her out. We are paying her back.

We also will own the club, but not be running the club.

Something I'm very glad about due to the fact some Hearts 'fans' are saying they are withholding funds to the club and/or FOH until things change. That is trying to hold the club to ransom. Something a genuine supporter wouldn't do.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Dallas Green said:

We arent buying her out. We are paying her back.

We also will own the club, but not be running the club.

Something I'm very glad about due to the fact some Hearts 'fans' are saying they are withholding funds to the club and/or FOH until things change. That is trying to hold the club to ransom. Something a genuine supporter wouldn't do.

That's why I've asked Stuart Wallace to confirm what a "genuine" supporter is because to disagree with Ann Budge seems to make you not "genuine". And if I'm not "genuine" I'll keep my "genuine" money in my pocket.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's why I've asked Stuart Wallace to confirm what a "genuine" supporter is because to disagree with Ann Budge seems to make you not "genuine". And if I'm not "genuine" I'll keep my "genuine" money in my pocket.

It would certainly be nice to have it clarified.

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Everybody chucking the toys out of the pram is maybe why Ann is talking to us like babies. Hadn't considered that tbh.

I think you are in a small minority to think the statement was aimed at those outside the club.

Seriously though, I think she is alienating the support. I get you are willing to be patient and I am the opposite but as I have said previously I believe the fans have had enough, I think they will start to get very vocal about that (some in a more nasty way than others) and her inaction and condescending statement will be the end of her at Hearts. Which is the last thing I ever wanted,

I think she is unintentionally alienating a sizable chunk of the support.  I do not think that one poorly worded statement, undoubtedly written under pressure, negates all the good work she has done.  She has transformed the club in the business sense; the frustration is that this has not happened in the footballing sense.  Or, to put it simply: Ann Budge has succeeded; Craig Levein hasn't.  Should we get rid of both in that scenario?

Thinking a bit more about yesterday’s statement the comment regarding holding back spending to finish to main stand is starting to bug me. I totally agree that priority should be on fixing the first team.

What gets me going is during this period when we are struggling for cash why on earth are we continuing to focus on spending more on women’s football.  We are currently looking to recruit 4 more paid staff for the women’s team.

At this time this is just the wrong thing to do. Surely finishing the main stand, an income generating asset is more important than this. To support increased participation in the women’s game we do not need to do this.

3 minutes ago, Haken said:

I think she is unintentionally alienating a sizable chunk of the support.  I do not think that one poorly worded statement, undoubtedly written under pressure, negates all the good work she has done.  She has transformed the club in the business sense; the frustration is that this has not happened in the footballing sense.  Or, to put it simply: Ann Budge has succeeded; Craig Levein hasn't.  Should we get rid of both in that scenario?

AB should be judged on how successful the men’s team is. Any improvements in turnover will not be sustainable unless we have success on the park.

Two things that have particularly annoyed me in the statement - 

'I will forego the Business Plan update for now, and address only the matters surrounding our disappointing start to the season.' 

Aye because the reason there's protests and fan unrest is because of 5 games!  Is she that deluded?  The support are unhappy because we have been pish for a year, she then goes on about how much money has been thrown at the team as if this is a good thing!  Levein has been backed more than any Hearts manager and the money that has been spent should have us doing much better. 

She mentions injuries six times in her message to the genuine supporters :lol:

. A club owner going on about injuries as an excuse is embarrassing and an insult to us all, honestly you would think we are the only club in world football that gets injuries.  It is not a reasonable excuse for the way we have been playing for the past year.  YOU have allowed levein to waste millions on assembling a team that is fully reliant on a now injury prone 33 year old.  

I will support the players and hope that they can turn this around and give them my full backing despite the shockingly bad leadership of the FOOTBALL club. 

58 minutes ago, Haken said:

👌🏽

20 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I don't think she means someone who just doesn't agree with her.

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’ll back the club, players and manager while they are here. Always will. I think his time is up now though.

Long term, Ann backing CL is either incredibly brave or incredibly daft. He’s going to have to go on a great run to get us back into a position where we can finish top 4. I don’t believe it is possible now tbh.

Ann’s kind of put herself in a difficult position.

How long does she back it? 

If we get beaten by Hibs, his job is untenable, surely? It already is tbh.

Get beat by Hibs and Aberdeen and Ann still going to be backing him?

It seems a bit foolish to come out with this statement before we play Hibs because if we lose, there’s going to be more protests, more disharmony, less and less people turning up.. etc 

I agree, she isn’t going to be able to make massive changes before the 2 big games we have so she has to show solidarity. She can’t throw her manager/DOF under the bus before these games without having things in place. 

I fully believe Ann has a timescale in mind (possibly after Aberdeen game) where she makes a decision. But her public support for the manager for me is a good thing. If CL does get sacked and we want a good level of replacement whoever he is will want to know he will get the backing of the chairman when things aren’t going as well as they should. All that said it doesn’t mean that Ann isn’t thinking about movements.