Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

Psychedelicropcircle

The Budge right now if she thinks CL is gonna turn this around!

1118322B-E4AD-4FA1-940D-C615FC6857E7.jpeg

Edited by Psychedelicropcircle

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Folk say they love seeing me lose my shit on this board?

This thread is like manna from heaven seeing all my favourite posters have a collective breakdown.

The fantastic thing is all the over the top rage and pathetic protests are clearly having the opposite effect of the intention.

Superb.

As our owner is sane, unlike our last one, I will trust her judgement on this.

:)

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I said on here when Levein was appointed he would be a hugely divisive character and look at us now!!!

Fans at each other’s throats, everybody totally losing faith in Ann Budge after all the great work she has done, talk of boycotts and stopping FoH money - and all because of one arrogant man!!!

Sad days!

This in spades.

I loved Levein as a player and was gutted when he had to retire. Had his moments as Hearts manager too. But he is now a busted flush and if AB doesn't act soon we could be in for some really tough times.

Time to wipe the slate clean, give CL a role at the club but the manager and coaching set up needs overhauled.

Football is a simple game but CL etc. seem to want to turn it into a science

13 minutes ago, post221 said:

That statement has really riled me , so out of touch with GENUINE fans!

I know on this site that she can do no wrong but it's way past time she was emptied. She's done very well out of her association with Hearts but by her own admission she didn't have a clue about us a few years ago. How can someone like that hurt or feel as much as those of us who've been brought up our whole lives with Hearts?

Get her paid up (with a healthy interest rate remember!) and show her the door as quickly as possible. 

You clearly haven't read this thread.

Shanks said no
42 minutes ago, Boab said:

Said it earlier. She really needs to get someone to write her statements for her.

The information is in there but there’s always a daft line, the genuine one this time, and then some equally daft phrases in brackets. It just riles people.

Obviously the content is the most important and they really can’t admit they’ve ballsed it up on the first team front.

So we get this. 

But does she actually believe she is a genuine fan?

18 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I wonder if CL has been impacted by his Heart issue more than has been admitted. He doesn’t seem to be the same person. Mentally he doesn’t seem right. Maybe this is why AB is supporting him?

It's bound to impact if you've hardly won game in a year. Nothing I'd imagine to do with a medical condition. His heart will now be as strong as it ever was, if not stronger now after whatever happened and medical care.

Budge is heavily blinkered. Apparently happy to go down with the ship

Edited by Riccarton3

1 hour ago, stan said:

When the idea is shown to be wrong, it is not a sign of strength to continue to follow that path.

Recognising the mistake and correcting it is where true strength lies.

Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice. 

William Wallace
18 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I wonder if CL has been impacted by his Heart issue more than has been admitted. He doesn’t seem to be the same person. Mentally he doesn’t seem right. Maybe this is why AB is supporting him?

:cornette:

15 minutes ago, martoon said:

She could do that in her own time. No need to keep him in power. Especially if he's not physically able to do his job. 

I agree...just trying to think of reasons why she might be behaving like this.

5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

This thread is like manna from heaven seeing all my favourite posters have a collective breakdown.

The fantastic thing is all the over the top rage and pathetic protests are clearly having the opposite effect of the intention.

Superb.

Strange character

7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Superb.

Trusting her judgement because she is sane? Easy pleased and influenced I suppose.

24 minutes ago, deko 94 said:

Why does right now feel worse than when we were going into admin and docked points? Games then were enjoyable! As well as laughing at hibs slip down the table 

I think a lot of fans are frustrated as the club are in the best position off the field to really push on and dare I say it once in a while have a chance to win the league, but the first team have been treading water and nothing seems to be changing. 

William Wallace
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

A Heart condition can impact your mental capacity.

All the more reason to remove yourself from the situation.

otherwise you end up in a toxic situation

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

A Heart condition can impact your mental capacity.

They put a stent in and it's all new. Only maybe in the first 8 weeks might you be  a bit distracted,

2 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

Strange character

What’s good for the goose....

We are in an age of hyperbole on social media. The equivalent of car rage via a laptop. The reactions of Hearts fans are becoming increasing erratic and deranged. Maybe it’s a byproduct of the divisiveness of politics recently - people go binary on things very quickly.

As I said Budge has a clear head. Hearts fans heads are clouded a bit with various things.

I’ll trust the clear head for the time being.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Trusting her judgement because she is sane? Easy pleased and influenced I suppose.

Not really just rational and looking at the bigger picture and trusting in someone that has continually done more for the club than any of her predecessors.

Edited by Jammy T

34 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Seems pretty comprehensive. Forgot you only included good bits in cv’s. It is an impressive cv after all. Surprised people want rid of him now tbh. 

The reality is he did well enough at Cowdenbeath to get the Hearts job. He did well enough at Hearts to get the Leicester job. He failed at Leicester, hot back to Rairh for a month then got the Dundee Utd job. He did well enough at Dundee UTd to get the Scotland job. He failed in the Scotland job and then, after a long break, got the DoF and the the Manager job at Hearts job. The juries almost out on that it seems. 😎

Overall I would say he’s had a fairly successful management career compared to most that go into management.  

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or he does a Howard Kendall:

Midway through the 1983-84 season Everton fans were either avoiding Goodison Park or turning up to demand their manager’s resignation. By the end of the season they were Cup winners and Howard Kendall’s run of success had begun

https://www.theguardian.com/football/that-1980s-sports-blog/2015/oct/20/howard-kendall-everton-fa-cup-1984

The one more *** up is probably more likely though.

Your position is clear and CL's overall record really isn't at all bad in a Hearts context, couple that with there being a lack of obvious replacements that are markedly better and I understand why you defend the situation and call for her to stay her hand and persist with him. 

BUT one can't escape the facts of the run we are on (equal worst in our history?), one can't explain it away by a poor stadium, a lack of fan engagement, financial mismanagement at the club, a lack of coaching staff or an inadequate first team budget (AB bless her has done a sterling job of providing him with plenty rope) - the refrain we repeatedly hear is 'too many injuries'  - well he hired the fitness coaches and the medical staff, he identified and bought the players it sure as hell isn't the fans fault...

Ann Budge should go down in history as one of Hearts greatest ever employees. She was the saviour we all prayed for, a legend from the stands with the opportunity to leave a legacy never to be seen again. 

She is destroying this all by herself through blind loyalty and faith in someone who is not up yo the job and clearly has some form of control over her. 

This statement is a total insult to all "genuine" fans of the club.

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

They put a stent in and it's all new. Only maybe in the first 8 weeks might you be  a bit distracted,

Did he not have a Heart attack? If he did... damage could have been done.

Just now, Jammy T said:

We are in an age of hyperbole on social media. The equivalent of car rage via a laptop. The reactions of Hearts fans are becoming increasing erratic and deranged. Maybe it’s a byproduct of the divisiveness of politics recently - people go binary on things very quickly.

As I said Budge has a clear head. Hearts fans heads are clouded a bit with various things.

Why trust anyone. Can’t you make a decision based on what you’ve seen with your own eyes?

Geoff Kilpatrick

One excuse has gone by the wayside though. If Levein's board reviews are as thorough as she infers, and she has 5 years worth of them, then there is no excuse at all that says she doesn't know the game. I refuse to believe she can't understand said reports and their content.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why trust anyone. Can’t you make a decision based on what you’ve seen with your own eyes?

On the bigger picture - yes I can.

17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's on FoH. I think they should start a CEO search now in preparation for the takeover.

I think you are absolutely right. We are now looking for the two new key positions at the Club. A new CEO and a new Manager. The irony of this is neither of the existing pair can understand this.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Jammy T is more interested in fights on here than HMFC. Same as it ever was.

Just now, Jammy T said:

Not at all. I entirely back my own opinion of Ann Budge

An honest question. Do you personally think Levein should be sacked ?

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

One excuse has gone by the wayside though. If Levein's board reviews are as thorough as she infers, and she has 5 years worth of them, then there is no excuse at all that says she doesn't know the game. I refuse to believe she can't understand said reports and their content.

I agree, after five years she must know football as well as most chairs/CEOs. 

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Jammy T is more interested in fights on here than HMFC. Same as it ever was.

He will be calling people cretins soon. That’s his style. 

I’m not convinced she is doing the right thing by standing by CL but I admire her fighting spirit for what she believes.

The fans should not be turning against her right now.

Shanks said no
12 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’m just in. Just heard the news and read the statement. 

****ing hell. 

But are you a genuine fan?

Just now, Hercules said:

An honest question. Do you personally think Levein should be sacked ?

I think Levein should be retained as DOF and that work should be sped up on the head coach replacement that is due at the end of the season in any event in order that we can implement the change earlier if things do not improve.

rudi must stay

As well as being a horrible read she is also calling FOH members and their boards bluff there. It is a calculated move I reckon and could hint she wants out (as does her revealing Canadian interest). Another way to look at it

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I think Levein should be retained as DOF and that work should be sped up on the head coach replacement that is due at the end of the season in any event in order that we can implement the change earlier if things do not improve.

Apologies. I’ll rephrase that. Do you think he should be sacked immediately ?

1 minute ago, Walter Kidd said:

He will be calling people cretins soon. That’s his style. 

You've been on here long enough to know that personal abuse was heaped upon me way before I lowered myself to bite back. Force of habit now.

At least I haven’t changed my name or account to run away from ad hominem comments.

But cretins? Not today.

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

I'll trust my own clear thoughts on the topic, Budge disagrees with me so I, as a fan, am stuck with it since she is in power. I can only hope I am wrong and Levein turns it around. 

What I find odd is gloating to other fans about the manager being afforded time many feel he simply doesn't warrant having. I have no issues with people not agreeing with me and certainly won't be posting gleefully if Levein is sacked. I'll be disappointed to have my fears realised. 

Politics have little significance as to how football supporters react to matters in my opinion but each to their own. 

Captain Canada

What other managers in world football have won just 4 league games in 2019 at one team and are still employed? 

I doubt it's a very long list. We're about to go into October. How bad does it need to get? If things carry on as they are, the protests will only get louder and it's a situation of their own making through arrogance and stubbornness. 

Just now, Hercules said:

Apologies. I’ll rephrase that. Do you think he should be sacked immediately ?

Immediately during prep for the derby? And have Daly in charge of the game on an interim basis?

No - that would be incredibly stupid?

That's it as far as I'm concerned, I don't want a granny running the club I go to anymore, stuff the women's team, stuff banning supporters, the team I first watched in the 70's crap as they were, were HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN, this is an egotistical old woman refusing to admit she has gotten it wrong, injuries, does she ask why we have so many,70+players in ,does she ask why so many?, the plan was to bring in players that could be sold on at a profit apart from Sow who have we sold at a profit, how many players have we released, time to go budge please take your money and effing go

Francis Albert

Not the least worrying thing about the statement is that apparently there was no-one to advise her strongly enough not to use the phrase "genuine fan".

4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

But are you a genuine fan?

I’ll support the club, the players and Craig regardless but I didn’t like the tone of it and tbh it felt completely out of touch with reality. I’ll always support us regardless but if this race to the bottom continues, at some point you have to walk away. 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Immediately during prep for the derby? And have Daly in charge of the game on an interim basis?

No - that would be incredibly stupid?

I never mentioned Daly, but seeing  as you did, I was at Ibrox when he took over from Cathro. He got a draw. The last points we picked up there. 

Bazzas right boot

Part of me thinks this is a stall to get a plan B in place. 

I honestly think our bad start this season has caught everyone by Suprise and removing CL and Likley the coaching staff now would be like removing the bottom jenga piece. 

She'll hope we beat hibs as their honking as well and progress in the cup do that and the average fan will see if we can put a run together. 

After all, it's not personal it's about results, so if they improve folk will gradually get back on side. Unless it is personal and not about results then folk won't get back on side. 

I would suspect a plan B is in being hatched tho as defeat to hibs really must be it. 

Folk got their statement tho. 

The deafening silence was broken, thought that would keep some  folk happy, it's all they banged on about.