Glenn Whelan signs one year deal with Hearts (title updated)

Roman1874

Colour me surprised!

How many times do people on here need to get suckered into this pish...before they realise most of the people claiming to be ITK are slavering halfwits desperate for attention?

Then for anyone that is truly ITK, pish like this is what ends up costing us signings...leaking info like ‘we’ve signed Whelan on a 1 year deal’, it gets into the press...and some other club makes him a better offer.

But no doubt, next week the ITK/PM wankfest will start all over again, with people floating along like the fecking bistro kids at the faintest whiff of some person on here they’ve never met promising them player x is about to sign.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarneyBattles44

• Notts1874

• Victorian

• Morgan

BarneyBattles44
1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

The only person on here who has ever had any credibility to being ITK has a username that resembles Nottingham.

Talksport 4th June 

afanderson33
2 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Colour me surprised!

How many times do people on here need to get suckered into this pish...before they realise most of the people claiming to be ITK are slavering halfwits desperate for attention?

Then for anyone that is truly ITK, pish like this is what ends up costing us signings...leaking info like ‘we’ve signed Whelan on a 1 year deal’, it gets into the press...and some other club makes him a better offer.

But no doubt, next week the ITK/PM wankfest will start all over again, with people floating along like the fecking bistro kids at the faintest whiff of some person on here they’ve never met promising them player x is about to sign.

The eagle fella has spent a week telling me James Morrison is our number one target as well. I know for a fact we are not interested but I’ve been told I’m wrong too. We’ll see I suppose

BarneyBattles44

Deviskan

Before the Whelan story broke someone on here posted interest was heading towards him.

I replied

1 year

8k a game + incentives

That's before the aftermath here of stories / guff.

subject to your good self posting of course

Add

If we're not in for him then its coco the clown time for many

Totally get your mindset though

But

If as you suggest a leak from here would impare negotiation with The General .

Well your point is lost

Edited by BarneyBattles44

They're probably arguing about money.  That of course is make or break if Whelan has other offers.  I doubt is he has too many at his age.

Get signed up Glenn.  Your first mission is to sort out Broony.

Seymour M Hersh

So, suddenly this guy is our saviour for some. A week ago if they'd been asked if they fancied Glen Whelan they'd have said who? What a place this is. 

10 hours ago, Gambo said:

At least the fans you talk about wait 2-3 games, our manager publicly rubbished one player after only a few minutes.

:greatpost:

Can't see this happening. If a player was impressed with the offer he wouldn't need a few days to think it over. 

Think this will happen today we are usually quite strategic when announcing new signings. Probably waited until today incase we were hammered by Aberdeen 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Levein doesn’t openly mention names until it’s basically a done deal from what I recall.

20 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Maybe his missus pining for the crime and congestion of Birmingham?

Edinburgh might not have the crime but she'd be delighted with the congestion on offer...it's much worse than it is in Birmingham.

The Old Tolbooth
12 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Hope he didn’t watch today’s game.

I hope he did watch that shite tbh, because he's bound to be thinking that he would definitely be starting in such a weak midfield, and he would definitely improve things too, guaranteed game time for him must be a decent selling point. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Edinburgh might not have the crime but she'd be delighted with the congestion on offer...it's much worse than it is in Birmingham.

It really isn’t. Much of Birmingham is like a series of suburban towns joined together with heavy traffic routed right past people’s front gardens. It’s insane for congestion and just wasn’t designed for that level of traffic.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It really isn’t. Much of Birmingham is like a series of suburban towns joined together with heavy traffic routed right past people’s front gardens. It’s insane for congestion and just wasn’t designed for that level of traffic.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/edinburgh-traffic-congestion-worst-in-uk-ccr3j7fct

Maybe I just time it well/get lucky but I think I've only been stuck in really bad traffic in Birmingham once and that was trying to drop a colleague into New Street station a rush hour.

12 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I think we may be his back up if nothing else happens

Craig Levein spoke for the first time about Hearts’ talks with Glenn Whelan and said the club are continually working to sign the Irish midfielder.

The manager wants to strengthen his defensive-midfield area and 35-year-old Whelan was in Edinburgh for talks over the weekend.

He is a free agent after leaving Aston Villa and Hearts officials hope to get a decision from him in the next few days.

Speaking after opening the new Premiership campaign with a 3-2 loss at Aberdeen, Levein said: “We are continuing to speak to him and are hopeful we can get something done because I think you could see today we need a bit of experience in that area.

Sounds like it to me as well. English window closes 5pm Thursday. Signs for us Thursday night maybe!!

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Can't see this happening. If a player was impressed with the offer he wouldn't need a few days to think it over. 

The fact that the English transfer window is still open might have an impact on his delay. I would think if he gets an equally good offer nearer to his home then he is more likely to take that rather than sign for us. However should he not get any better offers he may choose us.

If he does hopefully he is fit enough to play straight away as we need someone with a bit of dig in there. 

13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/edinburgh-traffic-congestion-worst-in-uk-ccr3j7fct

Maybe I just time it well/get lucky but I think I've only been stuck in really bad traffic in Birmingham once and that was trying to drop a colleague into New Street station a rush hour.

That’s pretty busy, especially as all the streets around the station are narrow suburban sprawl with a few blocks of shops. It feels like you are a liquid being poured through a narrow labyrinth. It’s way too over populated basically. If it wasn’t for all the traffic it’d be a quite nice place with all the red brick houses and green spaces. Edinburgh is not so bad away from Princes Street and the Bridges. The bypass makes a huge difference.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Sounds like it to me as well. English window closes 5pm Thursday. Signs for us Thursday night maybe!!

He’s a free agent so the transfer window is irrelevant. 👍

On 02/08/2019 at 17:19, BarneyBattles44 said:

Yeah I know

My post was refering to potentially our strongest side

Fair mate. Actually agree. Wasn't at the game yesterday but apparently we looked a different team with Washington and Naisy on the park

Unknown user
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

He's a free agent, he can sign after the window closes. 

If anything he'd be better waiting til after the window to see if there are any offers from clubs who've missed their contracted targets.

12 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Possibility that one club want him if a current player leaves before Thursday.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm getting to the point, I don't really care who they are, as long as they are better than the ones there already.

I doubt Bozanic will play much now, he is another I would get off the books given half a chance. Clare can still have his uses, just not in games like yesterday. Whereas Irving looked more comfortable, so theres a midfield plus. Little surprised he got the hook but then the system changed

Back 4 struggling to keep clean sheets, some mistakes but exposed far more by the lack of depth in that midfield without Haring

I mentioned in the Transfer Thread but CL mentioned on the radio yesterday he will be happy once he gets 2 more in... i expect one is whelan (if he wants to come) and another DM/MF so hopefully some movement in the next few days. Would like to see the squad settled before the weekend but understand that may be a push

Edited by gov

4 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Once it got past the stage where we could register him for aberdeen it became less of a rush, in fact he could be perfectly happy with the offer but taking time to find somewhere to live, check schools for his kids etc, doesn't really matter (other than to folk frothing on here) if he signs today or early enough on friday to be registered in time for the next game.

15 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Colour me surprised!

Ooh get mr grumpy!! I totally agree with you though - pages of made up nonsense 

9 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Still playing golf.

Maybe he'll  need another medical to check he's not done his back in. Mates who play gowf are always moaning about bad backs.

I just hope the club has someone lined up if he decides to sign for a championship club.

I am losing my patience with experience over aged players required ethos. We should be looking to sign players in their prime around 28/29 those guys have enough experience. If Haring comes back to find his place is taken he will have to fight for it back and its up to the person who is in his place to hold onto the spot. 

17 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Still playing golf.

You really think he'd been into the swing of it by now eh. 

2 hours ago, Cygnet said:

It is in terms of him signing for another club however it’s likely that the Championship deadline on Thursday is key in terms of movements by other clubs and players and whether he gets better offers down south. Transfer window is very relevant I’d imagine. 

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

He's a free agent, he can sign after the window closes. 

If anything he'd be better waiting til after the window to see if there are any offers from clubs who've missed their contracted targets.

That’s what I said, by Thursday night his agent will know exactly what’s on offer. 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It is in terms of him signing for another club however it’s likely that the Championship deadline on Thursday is key in terms of movements by other clubs and players and whether he gets better offers down south. Transfer window is very relevant I’d imagine. 

Good point bud! 

16 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

The penalty came less than 1 min from a stupid decision from a defender. Nothing Whelan could’ve done to keep it at 2-1 today.

On another day, yes we need someone with a bit of leadership and bite to grind results out. 

Correct - yet the clowns blame Levein

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

Correct - yet the clowns blame Levein

Levein signs the players,Levein picks the team, Levein chooses the tactics, Leveins players lose the game, Leveins fault.

BobbyJenkins
1 minute ago, Bking9 said:

Levein signs the players,Levein picks the team, Levein chooses the tactics, Leveins players lose the game, Leveins fault.

Give it a rest and get real ffs. Players need to take responsibility for individual errors, we aren't in the position to buy players who make zero mistakes, Levein or no Levein.

3 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Give it a rest and get real ffs. Players need to take responsibility for individual errors, we aren't in the position to buy players who make zero mistakes, Levein or no Levein.

It's tragic that you need to explain this.

4 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

Correct on all points. Levein made the subs to change the tactics. We went 2-1 up. Players then made stupid and rash decisions. They need more accountability and to shoulder some of the blame 

Every single thread on KB turns in to a CL battle its beyond boring now. it is obvious to see he made changes which changed the game yesterday and then silly mistakes cost us. hardly CL fault

TweedbankJambo
7 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Well said

10 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

Pish

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's tragic that you need to explain this.

Sadly it’s indicative of what those are following Hearts these  days. More and more OFesque as the years progress. 

Getting back on topic, looks to me as if Whelan is just waiting to see if a better offer comes along. If he was really keen he would have signed by now. Tell him to get lost.  Better to pursue someone who really wants to play for us.

Absolute Scenes
17 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

Levein - "Right Clevid, I want you to go out there and give away a penalty, mind the tactics we talked about?"

Clevid - "But boss-"

Levein - "Don't worry about it, they wont blame you, I'll still take full blame, because it will come back to me as I've told you to give away the penalty"

You realise how ridiculous you sound now

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, iansmith said:

Getting back on topic, looks to me as if Whelan is just waiting to see if a better offer comes along. If he was really keen he would have signed by now. Tell him to get lost.  Better to pursue someone who really wants to play for us.

are we to only sign players who spontaneously want to sign for us after one meeting?

He's signing a contract to a club, that's not an overnight decision

3 minutes ago, iansmith said:

I doubt anyone wants to play for us if they are offered treble the money elsewhere. 

Big Slim Stylee
23 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

That’s pathetic. 😀

• davemclaren locked this topic