Glenn Whelan signs one year deal with Hearts (title updated)

Roman1874

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, wheatfield to sheffield said:

Has he signed yet?

Friday apparently, maybe we're paying him cash in hand and don't want the authorities finding out. Who knows.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarneyBattles44

• Notts1874

• Victorian

• Morgan

16 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I know 100% its happening, Have faith.

This pleases me but the Eagle said the same, how can you be so sure?? 

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

This pleases me but the Eagle said the same, how can you be so sure?? 

He can’t. He knows no more than you or I. 

A_A wehatethehibs
34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He put Dikamona at RB with Smith in midfield at that point, everyone watching could see Hickey was likely to get another card, he could have taken him off instead of Irving and put Smith at LB which he had to do eventually anyway.

Just hindsight though that is.

The subs and change in shape he made were attack minded, and changed the game from 1-0 Aberdeen to 2-1 Hearts. Who’s to say if he’d done what you’ve said, the game might have changed another way or stayed 1-0? You never know with these things 

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Nice to see the old Phoodle 'h' making a return via a certain poster in this thread.

'Lhevhein'.

**** sake.

It really is shite patter.

Mr Elwood P
22 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I know 100% its happening, Have faith.

Morrison + Whelan guaranteed?

What a squad we would have, if this is even half true!

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Not had one for a while, mon ami. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Just hindsight though that is.

The subs and change in shape he made were attack minded, and changed the game from 1-0 Aberdeen to 2-1 Hearts. Who’s to say if he’d done what you’ve said, the game might have changed another way or stayed 1-0? You never know with these things 

It’s not hindsight it was obvious that Hickey was struggling. We were no better off with Smith in midfield than we would’ve been with Irving still in there, and not substituting Hickey cost us the game.

Hectormasson
22 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Campbell 

🎵🎵 I'm a Wichita lineman🎵🎼🎼🎼and a long stone cowboy🎵🎼some signing big Glenn Campbell would have been, big centre back,,, aye some singing for sure ,,,,

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not hindsight it was obvious that Hickey was struggling. We were no better off with Smith in midfield than we would’ve been with Irving still in there, and not substituting Hickey cost us the game.

Is that a fact or just your opinion?

Edited by JamboAl

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Feels like this one won’t happen to me.. feels like he’s looking for a better offer

Exactly what it feels like to me. We are his backstop if nothing better comes up for him.  

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Feels like this one won’t happen to me.. feels like he’s looking for a better offer

No way! Herbert the new eagle guarantees it! :unsure2:

Byyy The Light
56 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When he made the double substitution, sorry it that passed you by.

👍🏼 Misread your post

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

👍🏼 Misread your post

No problem, I do it all the time 🙈.

2 hours ago, iainmac said:

On a similar, but different, note - whatever happened to the "non transfer related surprise" that was mooted on here a couple of weeks ago? 

Did I miss it? 

It wasn't the festival opening concert was it? if not I've missed it too.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How many minutes do matches last for at youth level?

Think it’s only 90 and he has been playing 90 mins for reserves for most of last season. Really not an issue. 

TyphoonJambo
4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

We got to wait till 2.55am is what you’re saying?

Thinking the silence is ominous now. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was fine, you’re trying to make even more excuses. Hickey has looked knackered in every game he’s played so far, if you couldn’t see he was struggling and was likely to tire more and make another bad challenge that says more about your knowledge than anything else.

To be honest Hickey looks knackered in the warm-up. It’s just his running style and body language. 

57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What cost us the game was a Berra/Bobby screw up at first goal and a Dikamona shocker at pen. 

21 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Exactly what it feels like to me. We are his backstop if nothing better comes up for him.  

That was always going to be the case. Villa to us is a major step down even for a 35 year-old. Fully expect it to fall through by the weekend. Hope I’m wrong though, he is exactly what we need. 

I'm sure a Monday tends to be a day off for the players I may be wrong so maybe when players return tomorrow he will be about as he is going to train with the team

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

What cost us the game was a Berra/Bobby screw up at first goal and a Dikamona shocker at pen. 

and a clumsy foul that meant a certain second yellow, maybe he should have been subbed before, hindsight... 

13 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

It wasn't the festival opening concert was it? if not I've missed it too.

Nope. That was announced months ago. 

Who_put_the_ball_in...
55 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

🎵🎵 I'm a Wichita lineman🎵🎼🎼🎼and a long stone cowboy🎵🎼some signing big Glenn Campbell would have been, big centre back,,, aye some singing for sure ,,,,

Would be be tough enough? He might try a little kindness 

Hectormasson
3 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Would be be tough enough? He might try a little kindness 

🤣🤣🤣🎼👍🍺🍺🙈

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Morrison + Whelan guaranteed?

What a squad we would have, if this is even half true!

Complete agreement there.  The whole team needs time to settle in but that's no different to any other club.

Souttar is the big worry now.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He put Dikamona at RB with Smith in midfield at that point, everyone watching could see Hickey was likely to get another card, he could have taken him off instead of Irving and put Smith at LB which he had to do eventually anyway.

Correct. He also should have subbed Berra and Zlamal before they fecked up for the first goal, Walker before their player left him for dead at the third and Dikamona should have been taken off before the penalty despite having been subbed on. Clare as well, he should have been subbed before that shit corner he took.

Levein oot!!!!!

JamboAndrew
24 minutes ago, graygo said:

Correct. He also should have subbed Berra and Zlamal before they fecked up for the first goal, Walker before their player left him for dead at the third and Dikamona should have been taken off before the penalty despite having been subbed on. Clare as well, he should have been subbed before that shit corner he took.

Levein oot!!!!!

Levein oot. I mean why didn't he tell the sheep shaggers not to score against us before we had started. Bloody dinosaur. Not telling Clare not to take a crap corner was the final straw. Let's book the plane!!!!

loveofthegame

Longer it goes without him signing, less likely it surely becomes... really hoped this one would happen.

3 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Longer it goes without him signing, less likely it surely becomes... really hoped this one would happen.

It's cool he's helping in the search for Eddie, he was expected to make a media appeal but he went for a round of golf instead. He'll sign once Eddie is found, 100%

Eddie The Eagle

I am as puzzled as everyone else as too why Whelan has not been announced yet 

Still being told its a done deal from a hugely reliable source whom i don't doubt ever 

3 minutes ago, Chong said:

It's cool he's helping in the search for Eddie, he was expected to make a media appeal but he went for a round of golf instead. He'll sign once Eddie is found, 100%

Found him.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Think it’s only 90 and he has been playing 90 mins for reserves for most of last season. Really not an issue. 

Thought that.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You don't know we were no better off with Smith in midfield than we would've been with Irving still in there. The subs Levein did make turned the game around from 1-0 down to 2-1 up and in the ascendancy. You're simply choosing to assume that if he'd made the sub you think he should have, the game would still have turned around in the same way, just to fit your argument. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Levein oot!!!!!

Good deflection from the fact that it was clear the young boy was struggling to cope and naively got himself sent off, well done even for you 👏🏾👏🏾.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good deflection from the fact that it was clear the young boy was struggling to cope and naively got himself sent off, well done even for you 👏🏾👏🏾.

Fairly sure the young boy has his own thread.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You don't know we were no better off with Smith in midfield than we would've been with Irving still in there. The subs Levein did make turned the game around from 1-0 down to 2-1 up and in the ascendancy. You're simply choosing to assume that if he'd made the sub you think he should have, the game would still have turned around in the same way, just to fit your argument. 

Have a look at the goals and see if Smith has anything to do with the build up to them, if there was any discernible difference that he made. You’re trying to deflect from the fact that anyone watching that game that has any football knowledge could see Hickey was struggling, and cost us the game.

BarneyBattles44
1 hour ago, bazman said:

I'm sure a Monday tends to be a day off for the players I may be wrong so maybe when players return tomorrow he will be about as he is going to train with the team

It is for some

Pasquale for King
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Fairly sure the young boy has his own thread.

Indeed, and this thread is about Whelan, whom I commented on up there, have you picked up on anyone else who is talking about Hickey or just me because you disagree?

37 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

I am as puzzled as everyone else as too why Whelan has not been announced yet 

Still being told its a done deal from a hugely reliable source whom i don't doubt ever 

Not even a slight, nagging doubt? Because he hasn't 100% been announced yet? 

alwaysthereinspirit
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Have a look at the goals and see if Smith has anything to do with the build up to them, if there was any discernible difference that he made. You’re trying to deflect from the fact that anyone watching that game that has any football knowledge could see Hickey was struggling, and cost us the game.

Assuming he subbed Hickey prior to the actual double subbing he did make, would it have been possible for us to go 2-1 up without either Washington or Naismith on the pitch?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, and this thread is about Whelan, whom I commented on up there, have you picked up on anyone else who is talking about Hickey or just me because you disagree?

Mainly just you because you turn every thread into the same anti Levein stuff. 👍

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Assuming he subbed Hickey prior to the actual double subbing he did make, would it have been possible for us to go 2-1 up without either Washington or Naismith on the pitch?

As I’ve said a few times if you had bothered to read the thread he could’ve subbed Hickey instead of Irving and put Smith at LB, and we probably would’ve won.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Mainly just you because you turn every thread into the same anti Levein stuff. 👍

Every thread 👏🏾

• davemclaren locked this topic