Glenn Whelan signs one year deal with Hearts (title updated)

Roman1874

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarneyBattles44

• Notts1874

• Victorian

• Morgan

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Bking9 picks the tablet. Bking9 buys the tablet. Bking9 chooses the data plan. Bking9 posts drivel on the internet. Bking9's fault.

We are crying out for JKB background checks.

gorgieheart
1 hour ago, Bking9 said:

Couldn't agree more. I've took numerous pelters don't worry. Think this tiresome, gruelling hoofball we have been watching for the past season and a half has gave me a brain tumour.

pretty sure that a brain is required for that  !

Is hibs.net closed for the day  ? 

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Well done mate. You’ve unified, the divided mass of Jambos Kickback members, into agreeing that you’ve just made a complete and utter tit of yourself with that post!

Why just that post?

Italian Lambretta
9 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Can't see this happening. If a player was impressed with the offer he wouldn't need a few days to think it over. 

We need to move on he's had long enough to decide. We are Heart of Midlothian we dont wait for no one. Well apart from Steven Naismith 😂

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Why just that post?

He managed to make even more of a shop front of himself by responding with a sick cancer joke! Lad is on fire.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The only thing that's correct is that you're an pigshit thick arsehole. 

Mods. Get this utter twat turfed.

Apologised privately to a person that may have took offence to one of my previous posts mate, no need for the verbal abuse. I've seen av made a mistake on what I posted and put my hands up. 

On yourself for magnifying the situation though 👏🏻👏🏻

Well I have heard Wheelan is a shoe in to sign.Heres hoping he is as good as fellow posters are saying. 

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, skodef said:

Well I have heard Wheelan is a shoe in to sign.Heres hoping he is as good as fellow posters are saying. 

I wish I could take any posts like this in the way they are intended however I will wait till the club say something. 

FWIW I think he will sign but all this ‘done deal’ garbage is getting on my(rather substantially) man tits. 

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I wish I could take any posts like this in the way they are intended however I will wait till the club say something. 

FWIW I think he will sign but all this ‘done deal’ garbage is getting on my(rather substantially) man tits. 

On a similar, but different, note - whatever happened to the "non transfer related surprise" that was mooted on here a couple of weeks ago? 

Did I miss it? 

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Announced tomorrow with Morrison.

Hull want him as does lambert.  

Howdy Doody Jambo

He is going to have a few options to consider, but hopefully when he visits Hull, it will soon make up his mind 

...a bit disco

Nice to see the old Phoodle 'h' making a return via a certain poster in this thread.

'Lhevhein'.

**** sake.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Hood09 said:

I have sympathy for Levein. He is trying to give a very talented youngster in Hickey a chance. He made a bad mistake at the weekend which we were ultimately punished for.   Look at the reactions of the players though at that time , Naismith is the true leader - may as well make him captain. If souttar wasn’t injured people would be caking for a back 4 without Berra. 

Levein could have hooked Hickey at the weekend as he was spent but his option on the bench was white and the fact Levein didn’t do anything tells me he has worries. 

Lots of positives at the weekend though as for 15 mins we were great and caused them all sorts of problems. Not bad considering they have a 6.5m defender...

Really?  All it tells me is that he knows how many subs you're allowed to make in a game, something you're apparently somehow unaware of!

28 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Probably more chance of Lord Lucan and Shergar turning up....

But we can rest easy, because Herbert knows they’re both signing tomorrow!

FarmerTweedy
38 minutes ago, skodef said:

Were you at Hillend when you heard?

4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Really?  All it tells me is that he knows how many subs you're allowed to make in a game, something you're apparently somehow unaware of!

This. Simple facts or rules of the game can't get in the way of a levein bashing

56 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The only thing that's correct is that you're an pigshit thick arsehole. 

Mods. Get this utter twat turfed.

Brilliant :rofl:

if you get a time out for that it's a bloody disgrace.

43 minutes ago, skodef said:

Did a little bird tell you that?

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Brilliant :rofl:

if you get a time out for that it's a bloody disgrace.

He’s got a ‘reserved’ sign on the naughty step anyway.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

On the Hickey sub question, we were out of subs by the time Hickey started to obviously tire. Levein had a choice on 66 mins when he was bringing Naismith on, either Washington for Mulraney OR White for Hickey. He went for Washington, the more attack minded sub. Can’t really argue with that, given the impact Washington and Naismith had as we came back from 1-0 down to 2-1 up. 

He put Dikamona at RB with Smith in midfield at that point, everyone watching could see Hickey was likely to get another card, he could have taken him off instead of Irving and put Smith at LB which he had to do eventually anyway.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

People just overtly spouting completely not in the know nonsense now.

Great and hysterical.

1 hour ago, afanderson33 said:

Worrying silence on this deal. 

It will happen and think this guy is what we need but still after another hopefully 

Mr Elwood P
43 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Guess or ITK? Rather it’s a guess to be honest.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

He could’ve left Irving on and taken Hickey off, Smith to LB, not rocket science for someone who’s been in the game for forty years.

Pasquale for King

I heard today Whelan will decide on Thursday if he’s coming, big drop in wages from Villa though.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He put Dikamona at RB with Smith in midfield at that point, everyone watching could see Hickey was likely to get another card, he could have taken him off instead of Irving and put Smith at LB which he had to do eventually anyway.

To be fair Uche was more likely to get a red card - Hickey is a calm player.

It wasn’t obvious to me he was the most likely to get booked again and be the one to be sent off given how many yellows we had. 

Hindsight is wonderful but you can’t live your life with that benefit.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

To be fair Uche was more likely to get a red card - Hickey is a calm player.

It wasn’t obvious to me he was the most likely to get booked given how many yellows we had. 

Hindsight is wonderful but you. Any live your life with that benefit.

Well it was clear to me anyway, as a few other have said. Hickey showed his naivety in his first booking and his subsequent fouls. 

So you’re saying he should’ve taken Uche off, who should’ve been sent off too? 

Edited by Pasquale for King

ManxandCapeTownJambo

last 2 weeks we've had dozens of people saying that Hickey is the best thing since sliced bread

Now Levein is getting slaughtered for not subbing him yesterday before the second yellow

did anybody actually suggest that BEFORE he got red carded?

I got pelters on here during the League Cup games for saying the boy is a great prospect but doesn't yet have the

legs to go 90 minutes

Now probably the same people are saying the same thing and Levein should have taken him off yesterday

You couldn't make it up

Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, Hood09 said:

I have sympathy for Levein. He is trying to give a very talented youngster in Hickey a chance. He made a bad mistake at the weekend which we were ultimately punished for.   Look at the reactions of the players though at that time , Naismith is the true leader - may as well make him captain. If souttar wasn’t injured people would be caking for a back 4 without Berra. 

Levein could have hooked Hickey at the weekend as he was spent but his option on the bench was white and the fact Levein didn’t do anything tells me he has worries.  

Lots of positives at the weekend though as for 15 mins we were great and caused them all sorts of problems. Not bad considering they have a 6.5m defender...

White who hasn’t played for 30 months? You really think Levein should have brought him on against big physical Aberdeen? In a game where half the players on the pitch had been carded! Imagine the seethe on here if he had come on and been injured in a bad tackle from Ferguson or one of the other thugs! 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

last 2 weeks we've had dozens of people saying that Hickey is the best thing since sliced bread

Now Levein is getting slaughtered for not subbing him yesterday before the second yellow

I got pelters on here during the League Cup games for saying the boy is a great prospect but doesn't yet have the

legs to go 90 minutes

Now probably the same people are saying the same thing and Levein should have taken him off yesterday

You couldn't make it up

How many minutes do matches last for at youth level?

Who_put_the_ball_in...
1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

legs to go 90 minutes

You couldn't make it up

What’s any of this got to do with Glen Whelan?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Well it was clear to me anyway, as a few other have said. So you’re saying he should’ve taken Uche off, who actually should’ve been sent off too? 

I’m saying it wasn’t possible to predict that Hickey would get sent off and the possibility it might happen wasn’t enough to dictate he should have been substituted.

We also have no idea what nick Irving was in.

ManxandCapeTownJambo
1 minute ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

What’s any of this got to do with Glen Whelan?

Glen who?

:robboyas:

Byyy The Light
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

After 39 mins?

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I heard today Whelan will decide on Thursday if he’s coming, big drop in wages from Villa though.

To be expected really, nobody will give him close to those wages anymore.

I'm less keen on this now having spoken to another Villa fan today.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Villa in the EPL now. Got their snooty noses on.

It seems pretty clear from last seasons stats that Whelan was pretty key to them getting promoted.

14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Guess or ITK? Rather it’s a guess to be honest.

I know 100% its happening, Have faith.

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Villa in the EPL now. Got their snooty noses on.

It seems pretty clear from last seasons stats that Whelan was pretty key to them getting promoted.

Not sure the guy I spoke to would agree and just over 20 games doesn't sound too key. I really rated Whelan but hardly saw him last season and the lad today said his legs have gone/are going and he thinks he'll struggle with the pace of Scottish football.

Edit: I've spoken to others who rate him still. I just put more faith in the knowledge of the guy I was speaking to today...hopefully he's wrong on this one

Edited by Taffin

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’m saying it wasn’t possible to predict that Hickey would get sent off and the possibility it might happen wasn’t enough to dictate he should have been substituted.

We also have no idea what nick Irving was in.

He was fine, you’re trying to make even more excuses. Hickey has looked knackered in every game he’s played so far, if you couldn’t see he was struggling and was likely to tire more and make another bad challenge that says more about your knowledge than anything else.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

After 39 mins?

When he made the double substitution, sorry it that passed you by.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He could probably get a lot more in the Championship or League 1, he could still be a short term solution though.

Edited by Pasquale for King

• davemclaren locked this topic