Glenn Whelan signs one year deal with Hearts (title updated)

Roman1874

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bking9 picks the tablet. Bking9 buys the tablet. Bking9 chooses the data plan. Bking9 posts drivel on the internet. Bking9's fault.

🤣🤣 love it. I want Levein to take a step back, he's not getting results, it's a fact. If he turns it round in the next 6-8 and the team hits a bit of form then fine I'll admit I was wrong to think he's not the man to take us forward, as it's stands, lhevhein oot for me.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarneyBattles44

• Notts1874

• Victorian

• Morgan

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bking9 picks the tablet. Bking9 buys the tablet. Bking9 chooses the data plan. Bking9 posts drivel on the internet. Bking9's fault.

👍

William H. Bonney

I for one am astonished that those claiming to be in the know are once again talking pish. 

Who would have thought it. 

gorgieheart
30 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

Levein signs the players,Levein picks the team, Levein chooses the tactics, Leveins players lose the game, Leveins fault.

when are the schools back ?

chuck berrys hairline

Few folk with egg on their faces this was over the line days ago can only assume the carrier pigeon to daily record hq got shot down 🙀 ringpieces

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm not a Levein fan now, I've admitted I'd rather he left before his reputation amongst (certain sections) Hearts fans gets tarnished irrevocably. Which would be a real shame.

To blame him for Dikamona, Zlamal, & Hickey's errors yesterday though...nope. I'll say it when it's true & deserved, such as tactics & formations & slow play. Not basic professional errors though. 

I hear you. The players that made the mistakes were obviously at fault for the result that I can't deny but after the Game yesterday we had a big L next to our name on the form guide. 

Why he didn't set the team up to defend our lead was beyond me, instead the game remained wide open and was still in the balance, Aberdeen were always gonna get chances in that situation and for me he's partly to blame. Hence the first ridiculous post 🙌

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Just remember only one person claimed he had signed and he's disappeared.

The Eagle has flown! 

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Just remember only one person claimed he had signed and he's disappeared.

Was it the ski jumper 

3 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

I hear you. The players that made the mistakes were obviously at fault for the result that I can't deny but after the Game yesterday we had a big L next to our name on the form guide. 

Why he didn't set the team up to defend our lead was beyond me, instead the game remained wide open and was still in the balance, Aberdeen were always gonna get chances in that situation and for me he's partly to blame. Hence the first ridiculous post 🙌

He had set the team up to win the game with the substitutions he made.   Nothing he could do about the sending off or the penalty - these were clearly down to the players involved. 

Edited by Deevers

Dallas Green
3 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

If we set up to defend our lead after we went 2-1 up and still lost you would have bemoaned him for doing that.

William H. Bonney

Hearts are a fat bird wheelan has met in a nightclub. 

A guaranteed shag but holding out for something better. 

gorgieheart

Where's Eddie ?   The Eagle has Bolted !!....lol

1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

He better hope he’s not left standing with a semi as the lights go on as he’s being ushered out by the security. 

Eddie will reappear if/when Whelan signs to take the credit even though his only contributions to the story have been false.

26 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

Now how many times have you seen us try and defend a lead and fail miserably?  After we scored the 2nd Aberdeen couldnt get near us and if anyone was going to score again at 1-2 it was us. The way we lost the equaliser  wasnt great but after that mistake we then made another to give away a pen. If all you are interested in is big L's beside the form guide I suggest you go off and support Celtic or to a lesser extent rangers. We dont have a great record at Pittodrie and Im sure plenty other teams will go there and lose but I dont think there was much between the teams yesterday and our 10 minute spell when we scored was probably the best either team could have mustered.

Sorry for posting this on the Whelan thread but every thread is turning into a free for all and hopefully we get Whelan or someone of that calibre in the midfield.

20 minutes ago, Barack said:

Aberdeen were shitting it and were all over the place, McInnes even said as much.

If we'd gone on to score again, it wouldn't have flattered us. As it was, two moments of daftness hand them the initiative. 

If we go 2-1 up and sit back, he gets lambasted for playing that way. If we drew, for example, it would be "Levein played for a point." He can't win. 

That's why despite me wanting a change, I'll not constantly go on about the slightest thing. If we sign Whelan..."He's too old, Levein should be getting younger in." If we miss out..."Levein's been pissing about for month's. Now we've no-one."

People aren't saying this stuff on the internet because they're upset. It gets a rise out of people. That's the problem.

Very true everything youv stated, just wish we would hurry up and turn a corner. Hopefully securing a deal with Whelan and now Naisy being available we will pick up some results and do exactly that. 

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, Bking9 said:

Levein signs the players,Levein picks the team, Levein chooses the tactics, Leveins players lose the game, Leveins fault.

Oh please just **** off.  Levein picked the team and it was 2 stupid individual mistakes that cost us the game yesterday.  If you saw him on the sideline and in his interview after the game he was raging.

This is the problem with a lot of people today, they want instant results and success without having the patience for long term investment to bear fruit.

And just so you're aware, I was the one who started the 'Levein's Time is up' Thread back in February so even I'm not immune to having a brain fart or 10.  It was the 1st game of the season and we matched the No3 team in the country,  We would have beaten them but for these 2 late errors.

Just now, jackal said:

Now how many times have you seen us try and defend a lead and fail miserably?  After we scored the 2nd Aberdeen couldnt get near us and if anyone was going to score again at 1-2 it was us. The way we lost the equaliser  wasnt great but after that mistake we then made another to give away a pen. If all you are interested in is big L's beside the form guide I suggest you go off and support Celtic or to a lesser extent rangers. We dont have a great record at Pittodrie and Im sure plenty other teams will go there and lose but I dont think there was much between the teams yesterday and our 10 minute spell when we scored was probably the best either team could have mustered.

Sorry for posting this on the Whelan thread but every thread is turning into a free for all and hopefully we get Whelan or someone of that calibre in the midfield.

There was only three minutes between us getting 2-1 ahead and the penalty being conceded so that's a bit of an exaggeration!!

1 minute ago, jackal said:

Seen it plenty of times your right. 

And yes im very interested in the Big L's, especially in a league with the likes of St midden, St Johnston, Ross County ect, Mon to **** mate the form we are in is dire, even the league cup is a follow on from last season. 

Anyway, Glen Whelan. Is he in the door yet.

1 minute ago, The Merse said:

There was only three minutes between us getting 2-1 ahead and the penalty being conceded so that's a bit of an exaggeration!!

Apologies but I meant from 1-1 after we scored the first. When we made the changes we looked a different team so hence our good 10 min or so spell.

Finlay James
1 hour ago, iansmith said:

Getting back on topic, looks to me as if Whelan is just waiting to see if a better offer comes along. If he was really keen he would have signed by now. Tell him to get lost.  Better to pursue someone who really wants to play for us.

Or maybe he has other things in his life which will be affected by his decision and needs to consider these before committing ie wife, kids, other family

Byyy The Light
39 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

If we set up to defend our lead after we went 2-1 up and still lost you would have bemoaned him for doing that.

Correct. Up until the sending off we were looking more likely to get a 3rd. Is that not what everyone has been asking for?? Is to have a go.

He’s as well going now as no matter what he does his position is untenable with a large chunk of fans. The same ones who’ll hound the next guy out, and the next guy, and the next guy.

Finlay James
1 hour ago, Bking9 said:

🤣🤣 love it. I want Levein to take a step back, he's not getting results, it's a fact. If he turns it round in the next 6-8 and the team hits a bit of form then fine I'll admit I was wrong to think he's not the man to take us forward, as it's stands, lhevhein oot for me.

When are you and the other Mensa members next meeting?

3 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Or maybe he has other things in his life which will be affected by his decision and needs to consider these before committing ie wife, kids, other family

So he's weighing up telling his wife about the fat bird in the nightclub?

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Oh please just **** off.  Levein picked the team and it was 2 stupid individual mistakes that cost us the game yesterday.  If you saw him on the sideline and in his interview after the game he was raging.

This is the problem with a lot of people today, they want instant results and success without having the patience for long term investment to bear fruit.

And just so you're aware, I was the one who started the 'Levein's Time is up' Thread back in February so even I'm not immune to having a brain fart or 10.  It was the 1st game of the season and we matched the No3 team in the country,  We would have beaten them but for these 2 late errors.

Nothing's changed since February lol we are still shite. If you read my responses to Barack after he slated me you will notice that I admitted the fact that the players were also at fault. 

But we lost the game, we weren't unlucky coz we were shite for 75 minutes of it (so were Aberdeen for that matter is wasn't pretty) but we lost, we clearly don't have the mentality to win games, that comes from CL. Just my opinion.

Finlay James
1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

Correct. Up until the sending off we were looking more likely to get a 3rd. Is that not what everyone has been asking for?? Is to have a go.

He’s as well going now as no matter what he does his position is untenable with a large chunk of fans. The same ones who’ll hound the next guy out, and the next guy, and the next guy.

Its the large chunk of fañs that need to be ignored.  We're heading in the right direction, they're just too dim to see it.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Bking9 said:

Well done mate. You’ve unified, the divided mass of Jambos Kickback members, into agreeing that you’ve just made a complete and utter tit of yourself with that post!

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Well done mate. You’ve unified, the divided mass of Jambos Kickback members, into agreeing that you’ve just made a complete and utter tit of yourself with that post!

Couldn't agree more. I've took numerous pelters don't worry. Think this tiresome, gruelling hoofball we have been watching for the past season and a half has gave me a brain tumour.

7 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

Couldn't agree more. I've took numerous pelters don't worry. Think this tiresome, gruelling hoofball we have been watching for the past season and a half has gave me a brain tumour.

Perhaps if you had had a family member or a friend struck down with a brain tumour  you would not have been inclined to make such a flippant remark. Seriously bad taste.

11 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

I'm assuming the 9 in your username is your age...

I have sympathy for Levein. He is trying to give a very talented youngster in Hickey a chance. He made a bad mistake at the weekend which we were ultimately punished for.   Look at the reactions of the players though at that time , Naismith is the true leader - may as well make him captain. If souttar wasn’t injured people would be caking for a back 4 without Berra. 

Levein could have hooked Hickey at the weekend as he was spent but his option on the bench was white and the fact Levein didn’t do anything tells me he has worries.  

Lots of positives at the weekend though as for 15 mins we were great and caused them all sorts of problems. Not bad considering they have a 6.5m defender...

BarneyBattles44
4 hours ago, Cwapsy said:

Fair mate. Actually agree. Wasn't at the game yesterday but apparently we looked a different team with Washington and Naisy on the park

It was a tough start 

Shite result

SN scores with first true touch

CW works hard  relentlessly 

Edited by BarneyBattles44

17 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Colour me surprised!

How many times do people on here need to get suckered into this pish...before they realise most of the people claiming to be ITK are slavering halfwits desperate for attention?

Then for anyone that is truly ITK, pish like this is what ends up costing us signings...leaking info like ‘we’ve signed Whelan on a 1 year deal’, it gets into the press...and some other club makes him a better offer.

But no doubt, next week the ITK/PM wankfest will start all over again, with people floating along like the fecking bistro kids at the faintest whiff of some person on here they’ve never met promising them player x is about to sign.

Bang on the cash mate. People fall dor it every time thoug so folk will continue to look for the kind of attention it gets them.

There is definitely one poster who has some ITK credentials but he's stopped making public posts in that respect.l

A_A wehatethehibs
15 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

I have sympathy for Levein. He is trying to give a very talented youngster in Hickey a chance. He made a bad mistake at the weekend which we were ultimately punished for.   Look at the reactions of the players though at that time , Naismith is the true leader - may as well make him captain. If souttar wasn’t injured people would be caking for a back 4 without Berra. 

Levein could have hooked Hickey at the weekend as he was spent but his option on the bench was white and the fact Levein didn’t do anything tells me he has worries.  

Lots of positives at the weekend though as for 15 mins we were great and caused them all sorts of problems. Not bad considering they have a 6.5m defender...

On the Hickey sub question, we were out of subs by the time Hickey started to obviously tire. Levein had a choice on 66 mins when he was bringing Naismith on, either Washington for Mulraney OR White for Hickey. He went for Washington, the more attack minded sub. Can’t really argue with that, given the impact Washington and Naismith had as we came back from 1-0 down to 2-1 up. 

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

It was three but I agree with your post 

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Levein - "Right Clevid, I want you to go out there and give away a penalty, mind the tactics we talked about?"

Clevid - "But boss-"

Levein - "Don't worry about it, they wont blame you, I'll still take full blame, because it will come back to me as I've told you to give away the penalty"

You realise how ridiculous you sound now

Levein:  "And Hickey, wait until your man is in the least dangerous place and drop into the back of him like a lorry with the handbrake off"

Hickey:  "But boss, shouldn't I force him down the line once he's tried to get away from me?"

Levein:  "Nope, I want you cutting him in 2 from behind like a dug on roller skates - go in even harder if you're on a yellow"

Hickey:  "But I've the pace to force him to the line and at worst we're dealing with a corner?"

1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

We got to wait till 2.55am is what you’re saying?

7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

We got to wait till 2.55am is what you’re saying?

It’s the Festival mate. 4:55am. 

weegie jambo

Back on subject, should we sign Whelan, which I not sure if we will, however I have been asking around with some Villa season ticket holders of my ken and the general feeling is "good pro, fit for his age but does tend to tire, does the dirty work really well, worth a year or maybe two deal"  Nothing we hadn't really surmised from info we have already and making assumptions on a 35 yo who's not been offered a new deal, but good to hear it from some folk who have seen him play.

Absolute Scenes
30 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Levein:  "And Hickey, wait until your man is in the least dangerous place and drop into the back of him like a lorry with the handbrake off"

Hickey:  "But boss, shouldn't I force him down the line once he's tried to get away from me?"

Levein:  "Nope, I want you cutting him in 2 from behind like a dug on roller skates - go in even harder if you're on a yellow"

Hickey:  "But I've the pace to force him to the line and at worst we're dealing with a corner?"

:biglaugh:

Some of the arguments eh

12 minutes ago, gjcc said:

It’s the Festival mate. 4:55am. 

Course it is. How could I forget?

Edited by Jamhammer

• davemclaren locked this topic