***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Lord Beni of Gorgie
57 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I really don’t understand you lot.

Constantly moan about Levein signing strikers that don’t score yet the possibility of Magennis signing isn’t universally derided.

He’s not a player that is going to get better - he has gone through his development stage.

People say he would be ok cover. Maybe he would but I m completely opposed to us signing squad players and I believe our management is - every player signed should be capable of pushing for or inclusion as a first choice.

Levein’s stated object of this window is to sign a low number of quality players who have the ability to change games.

Josh does not and never will fit that description.

I’d have to wait until the window closed but I’d have to seriously question my continued support for Levein if Macgennis was one of our 3 or 4 signings this summer.

An utterly pish signing.

An international striker who indeed did change an international match in March.

Well informed 

:thumbsup:

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

28 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

What we need is a dynamic striker, a younger version of Steven MacLean to lead the high press. The problem with players like Uche is he will always make the side go long and be used as a target man. We don’t need another target man unless we are changing the shape of the side, which I can’t see as we have played 352/3511 for over a year. If we do change shape then someone to play off Uche is what we need. 

Agree.  McLean got a second wind in the latter part of the season and rightfully earned a starting slot in the final. Was persistently active and made defences work for their dough. 

27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's right we go long at times. Too much. But the main tactic with Uche was to play the ball to his feet so he can take on defenders.

Maybe we see different things. 

Uche could do everything and I think that’s the problem. He’d hold the ball then turn his man with little support timed around him.

The dynamic and mentality of the team needs to change imo, in respect of our attacking approach. How often did Uche have the luxury of facing goal and being able to attack the ball coming in?  Can only think of his derby equaliser as the drop in the ocean.  

Edited by Debut 4

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree.  McLean got a second wind in the latter part of the season and rightfully earned a starting slot in the final. Was persistently active and made defences work for their dough. 

Uche could do everything and I think that’s the problem. He’d hold the ball then turn his man with little support timed around him.

The dynamic and mentality of the team needs to change imo, in respect of our attacking approach. How often did Uche have the luxury of facing goal and being able to attack the ball coming in?  Can only think of his derby equaliser as the drop in the ocean.  

Did that all the time early season

We need more dynamic players around him. Clare and Walker could do that. 

26 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Does it matter really. 

Management have huge hopes for Clare and still expect big things from him 

Me too. Obviously what I hope and expect means zilch, but I can see it with Clare. Potentially a very good player indeed imo.

Selkirkhmfc1874
29 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Does it matter really. 

Management have huge hopes for Clare and still expect big things from him 

Got high Hopes for Clare aswell , think he'll come good 

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Got high Hopes for Clare aswell , think he'll come good 

I would like to see him get a good run of games playing in and around Naismith.

He looks like he will probably never dominate a game, but excel when playing with intelligent players around him.

But, I thought Martin looked like a clever player too.

48 minutes ago, Olly Lee said:

Honestly, the entitlement of some people on here...I wasn't too fussed at first, but I now really hope Josh Mcgennis signs for us, plays a blinder in his first game and then promptly scores a hat trick against Hibs... The backtracking on here would be phenomenal ?! 'I always said he'd come good!'... 'I knew there was a player in there' etc etc

Look, why are people acting as if past history is a guarantee of future success? Maybe we're signing him because he has pace and he can run in behind? Isn't that what our team is crying out for? Take Mulraney as example of someone who arrived with an uninspiring recent record, but has become a key player for us...

Pahaahhahhahaha ???????? this made me giggle......belter ???

Starting to think that Levein really is a dinosaur. 

This big striker to hold up the ball shite is miles behind the curve . 

We are crying out for mobility up front and a goal score of any shape or form . 

Sammon 

Uche 

Vanacek

and now ****ing McGennis . 

Hes not changing his approach that's for sure . 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Cheile said:

Possibly the voices in his head?

One of our better informed people I can assure you 

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

All these posts about needing someone to play off Uche etc I guarantee you that if we are offered the money the club wants that Uche will be away this summer. Lots of interest in him. I like his effort but we could do a lot better in terms of quality although Magennis isn’t that.

Interested in this - what money does the club want and how likely do you think he'll stay? And don't disagree with both comments about the quality.

johnking123

Cardiff, stoke and a few others have like what they have seen in big Uche. Think I could get hard to keep him.

30 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Starting to think that Levein really is a dinosaur. 

This big striker to hold up the ball shite is miles behind the curve . 

We are crying out for mobility up front and a goal score of any shape or form . 

Sammon 

Uche 

Vanacek

and now ****ing McGennis . 

Hes not changing his approach that's for sure . 

This is only other people's opinion based on an unsubstantiated rumour - or made-up nonsense.

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Cardiff, stoke and a few others have like what they have seen in big Uche. Think I could get hard to keep him.

Really? Where have you heard this?

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

An international striker who indeed did change an international match in March.

Well informed 

:thumbsup:

One game?

Gary Glen scored match winning derby goal once.

So what does that prove?

Is he the sort of person that regularly unlocks tight games with skill or innovation of any sort?

Is he difficult to play against? 

Would Scottish defenders have the measure of him?

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

James Wilson available after Man U free. Any takers?

The pish one that was on loan at Aberdeen and couldn't hit a barn door?

Sign him up on a 5 year 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That was April before signed new long term contract and would more than likely be his agent trying to get him more money from hearts 

No mention of Stoke either. 

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Do you really think it'll help?

johnking123
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That was April before signed new long term contract and would more than likely be his agent trying to get him more money from hearts 

One of my friends does scouting for english clubs down south. He has been watch a few times by few clubs in the championship. You have to be very physical in that league and someone holding up the ball is very valuable in that league.

Inch Hearts
16 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

One of my friends does scouting for english clubs down south. He has been watch a few times by few clubs in the championship. You have to be very physical in that league and someone holding up the ball is very valuable in that league.

Tell your pal to Scout Josh Mcgennis then.  He’s suddenly became fantastic. 

Who_put_the_ball_in...

Can someone name a 20-25 goal a season striker that would be within our budget? Only one I can think of is Lafferty and he shat on the nest.

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

This. 

Uche also suffers from being overly eager to be involved. I use the cup final as a great example. MacLean had caused the Celtic back line loads of problems cause he constantly stayed on them and pressed them. Uche came on and started dropping really deep, desperate to get on the ball and make a difference. That gave the Celtic back line an advantage and they seen out the rest of the game easily. We need to either change shape to accommodate Uche better or we need more width and better quality behind him to get him on the ball facing the goal. 

My first reaction to the JM news was ffs no, but what I will say is I used to sit next to a Charlton fan at work and he raved about him. 

As as long as he isn’t plan A and out only striker then is probably better backup then we currently have. 

We shall see. 

For what its worth I think Shankland would be a bigger risk. Remember being delighted when we signed Wyness & Reilly

Edited by HMFC86

The reaction to people not rating him very highly is quite weird. There’s not been many who have said they won’t give him a fair crack of the whip from the stands or anything like that. Just mainly folk who have seen him play, not being very enthused by him as a player. Also don’t see anyone saying they don’t want him because he’s not a 20-25 goal a season man, and they think we should be after one of them instead. 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Go for it bud but I think he may just point and laugh

I actually think much of Uche’s best work has been running in to the box from a wider position. Fullbacks don’t have a clue what to do with him; case in point Kieran Tierney bouncing off him like a 12 year old as he charged in to their box just prior to Lafferty’s goal against them. 

It’s goalscorers we currently struggle to find. Naismith is one, and you would hope Keena can be a poacher for us.

Selkirkhmfc1874
14 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

My first reaction to the JM news was ffs no, but what I will say is I used to sit next to a Charlton fan at work and he raved about him. 

As as long as he isn’t plan A and out only striker then is probably better backup then we currently have. 

We shall see. 

For what its worth I think Shankland would be a bigger risk. Remember being delighted when we signed Wyness & Reilly

An international player not going to come to the spl as backup if indeed he comes 

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I actually think much of Uche’s best work has been running in to the box from a wider position. Fullbacks don’t have a clue what to do with him; case in point Kieran Tierney bouncing off him like a 12 year old as he charged in to their box just prior to Lafferty’s goal against them. 

It’s goalscorers we currently struggle to find. Naismith is one, and you would hope Keena can be a poacher for us.

You are really struggling with this????

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

You are really struggling with this????

I know... In all honesty I’m clinging on to what Sir Gio and Mikey are saying about him since he left Scotland. The guy I remember watching in Scotland was not someone I’d have been keen to see in a Hearts shirt. I’ve been wrong plenty of times though, so I live in hope. ?

Dont know if he would be in our budget but Kieran Agard is available, scored 20 out of 43 appearances and 6 assists and also a good age at 29. Mk dons got relegated to League 2 so might want to move on, but also clubs may be after him that can pay more than us.

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Can someone name a 20-25 goal a season striker that would be within our budget? Only one I can think of is Lafferty and he shat on the nest.

Laffertys strike rate was nowhere near that either. His season with us was a bit abnormal for him. 

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Pahaahhahhahaha ???????? this made me giggle......belter ???

Oops, sorry for not going along with the usual doom and gloom narrative on here... I'm sure the fact I don't and the fact you do means you're definitely right. I forgot being a PROPER Hearts fan means slagging the club off for everything they do. I envy you. It must be such FUN!

Coburg Hearts

JM, along with Kyle Laff, is on the bench for Northern Ireland today.

1 minute ago, Olly Lee said:

Oops, sorry for not going along with the usual doom and gloom narrative on here... I'm sure the fact I don't and the fact you do means you're definitely right. I forgot being a PROPER Hearts fan means slagging the club off for everything they do. I envy you. It must be such FUN!

I was laughing at you saying Mcgennis had pace 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Weonly151 said:

Dont know if he would be in our budget but Kieran Agard is available, scored 20 out of 43 appearances and 6 assists and also a good age at 29. Mk dons got relegated to League 2 so might want to move on, but also clubs may be after him that can pay more than us.

Sounds OK, but did hibs not get a guy with a similar record and he was humpty. 

It's all a gamble tbh. 

The reaction on here is the bit ott tho. 

33 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The reaction to people not rating him very highly is quite weird. There’s not been many who have said they won’t give him a fair crack of the whip from the stands or anything like that. Just mainly folk who have seen him play, not being very enthused by him as a player. Also don’t see anyone saying they don’t want him because he’s not a 20-25 goal a season man, and they think we should be after one of them instead. 

Who is calling for a 20 plus striker?

Naismith won’t be far off that over a full season. A good argument that if Uche stays he’ll get 12-15.

Josh MacGennis is a >10 goal a season player. I don’t care if he’s an international player. We’ve had a few shite international players. Most of our better players have not been internationals.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I agree. 

Although we struggled to create a lot as well, especially during the injury hit period. 

Much more important we get the creativity /pace in the midfield sorted out and the goals will come. 

Nookie Bear
30 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I would play Uche on the left of a front 3

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I would play Uche on the left of a front 3

JJ would need to come back before we countenanced playing 3 up top!

7 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I was laughing at you saying Mcgennis had pace 

Oh, right. Yeah maybe that was a touch optimistic! Probably shouldn't have mentioned Mulraney in the same breath ?

Samuel Camazzola

I always liked the way Haris Vuckic played and often looked a goal threat from midfield. 

On the few occasions he played for Newcastle he looked effective. When he signed for Sevco on loan he improved them tenfold and when I saw him for Wigan, again seemed to be influential. 

The last I heard of him was when he left Newcastle to join a Dutch club.

Only concern would be his fitness because as good as he seemed, he didn't seem to get a consecutive run of games. 

Italian Lambretta
11 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

JM, along with Kyle Laff, is on the bench for Northern Ireland today.

Must be keeping them both back for the Dundee utd game

5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Who is calling for a 20 plus striker?

Naismith won’t be far off that over a full season. A good argument that if Uche stays he’ll get 12-15.

Josh MacGennis is a >10 goal a season player. I don’t care if he’s an international player. We’ve had a few shite international players. Most of our better players have not been internationals.

You’ve totally misread my post there. mate. 

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Dolly Menga is a handful for most teams this season. 

Dolly Parton is a right handful also.