• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Now a good time to mention young Mr Walker then ???

Oh hell its going to kick off ?

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Now a good time to mention young Mr Walker then ???

?

Stephen Muddie
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We haven't had a 20 goal striker in what 30-odd years? I more think to when we had Bender, Pospisil and Jankauskis (yes I know not the same quality) or the Championship strikers. Trying to find a few 10+ strikers who can play together seems a decent alternative. Uche, Naismith and two others (maybe MaGennis for one) seem to fit that bill, and maybe one could go on a goal run like Lafferty did. Naismith was on target for that. I'm convinced Uche would've got 10. 

It's a bit of a lottery anyhow. Ask Aberdeen fans about Cosgrove and May.

Mind you, if a 20 goal striker comes up in our budget who wants to come I'm are we'll sign him!

Have you seen McGennis' career stats??? Also, don't put words in my mouth. At this point I'd settle for a striker who can get between 10 and 15.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Feel free to do as you wish. I won't give a shit. I'm not holding out any hope that such a striker will suddenly become prolific, although stranger things have happened in football. That's if there's anything in this, of course.

I am with you to an extent, but it's about the  team tbh.

If we can get goals and be creative over the park then we don't need a prolific goal scorer, a good team is better.

Not quite sure what folk expect our signings to be tbh.

Sign a unknown foreign chap- ripped- another Martin/ Osh/ Amanwanka etc. We take to many punts, need more British guys that know our league/ football, guys like Smith

Sign young players ( Cletus)- ripped- we have our own, need first team players, waste of money.

sign old players ( Adam/ Bryson)- ripped- need pace, drive energy, can't build a team around them, too old

Sign proven players who are internationals, was decent in our league first time round- ripped- not good enough, huddy, need better another Sammon.

Naismith was on about £40k a week literally until this week, we won't get many signings like him coming to us. 

Not quite sure what folks expectations are tbh.

Not aimed at you, just in general.

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Meh about the JM signing. He seemed to improve during his time at Killie. Knows the league. Got a decent amount of caps for Norn Iron. 

Just now, Stephen Muddie said:

Have you seen McGennis' career stats??? Also, don't put words in my mouth. At this point I'd settle for a striker who can get between 10 and 15.

Me too. I take prolific to be a lot more than 10 or 15. As I say if a striker with 10-15 goals a season at a good level the last few years comes up within our budget I'm sure we'll be all over him! 

1 hour ago, heartmussel said:

The same Magennis that reported racial abuse to the Police after a match at Tynecastle in 2016. Very much doubt he would would want to come anywhere near us.

This. I’d be gobsmacked if we sign him. Not the kind of player I was hoping to see signed tbh.

I really hope it’s not true

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Yip, be good.

If fit

Naismith will get 15+

Big Uche 10+

His stats for Killie were decent tbf, assists and goals. His Bolton stats are awful, tho.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Me too. I take prolific to be a lot more than 10 or 15. As I say if a striker with 10-15 goals a season at a good level the last few years comes up within our budget I'm sure we'll be all over him! 

as would every lower championship side, hibs and Aberdeen, maybe even Rangers.

That's the problem.

Also, we have bought players with a record like that and they have been shite, Sutton stands out

Stephen Muddie
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Pity he has never hit more than 10 in a season for anyone then, isn't it? 365 career appearances... 59 goals... 37 assists.

No ta.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, andrew said:

I wouldn't let him hear your say that!

actual 42 caps.....?

5 goals tho:huh:

Stephen Muddie
51 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

1 cap, that was my original point point.  MacGennis ( sp) has almost 30 for the same country.

If 1 cap makes folk from the lower English leagues well known amongst the Hearts support then fair doos.

Anyway, if he signs, he signs. I'll welcome him.

He has 42. He's scored in 5.

And for the guy championing his 23 goals in two League One seasons - Give me strength. Anyway I'm out. Clearly this is not a place to express opinions. I stoped posting for months, stopped even reading half the time, because every thread turns to shite. I don't give a feck for what people say on here. It's constant notifications every time I post anything with rabid disagreement that really grinds my gears.

If you think this type of signing is what we need right now, I can't help you. Enjoy the rest of the thread.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

He has 42. He's scored in 5.

And for the guy championing his 23 goals in two League One seasons - Give me strength. Anyway I'm out. Clearly this is not a place to express opinions. I stoped posting for months, stopped even reading half the time, because every thread turns to shite. I don't give a feck for what people say on here. It's constant notifications every time I post anything with rabid disagreement that really grinds my gears.

If you think this type of signing is what we need right now, I can't help you. Enjoy the rest of the thread.

Think it's you that went all rabid, my post was just a polite debate point. 

Posted just before, 5 goals in 42 games?

Stephen Muddie
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Think it's you that went all rabid, my post was just a polite debate point. 

Posted just before, 5 goals in 42 games?

Aye here we go again... Even though I quoted your post my point was a general point on the state of this place. I probably should have made that super-clear, like totally, like, actually obvious.

People now trying to talk Magennis up, jesus christ what have you been drinking this evening. And as for the back up striker chat, he was playing Championship football last season so if we did sign him he would probably be on the cursed 3 year deal on a decent wage. Desperately hoping it's not true.

rudi must stay

I'd worry about Uche being off if Magennis signs to be honest. Couldn't play them both and no reason to have both in a squad as they are very similar players. Uche going would be a dreadul decision unless we get a substantial fee

Would I sign Magennis? Never been too impressed by him. Goals are a weakness there. But if it's a free then no complaints, certainly a good CV

Edited by rudi must stay

This would be a good signing IMO and would provide competition for Uche.  If Uche gets injured next season we are goosed.

Magennis is very good in the air / attacking cross balls.  He's better than Uche in the air.

Good age, knows the league, sensible signing IMO.

2 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

This would be a good signing IMO and would provide competition for Uche.  When Uche gets injured next season we are goosed.

Magennis is very good in the air / attacking cross balls.  He's better than Uche in the air.

Good age, knows the league, sensible signing IMO.

FTFY

The information that the ITK guys get does n’t mean that they want the rumour to happen it’s just what they’ve heard 

1 hour ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Feel free to do as you wish. I won't give a shit. I'm not holding out any hope that such a striker will suddenly become prolific, although stranger things have happened in football. That's if there's anything in this, of course.

Barring Naismith we don't have a player that's scored goals with any regularity..

So any new striker wont have much to beat  to get in the team

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I am with you to an extent, but it's about the  team tbh.

If we can get goals and be creative over the park then we don't need a prolific goal scorer, a good team is better.

Not quite sure what folk expect our signings to be tbh.

Sign a unknown foreign chap- ripped- another Martin/ Osh/ Amanwanka etc. We take to many punts, need more British guys that know our league/ football, guys like Smith

Sign young players ( Cletus)- ripped- we have our own, need first team players, waste of money.

sign old players ( Adam/ Bryson)- ripped- need pace, drive energy, can't build a team around them, too old

Sign proven players who are internationals, was decent in our league first time round- ripped- not good enough, huddy, need better another Sammon.

Naismith was on about £40k a week literally until this week, we won't get many signings like him coming to us. 

Not quite sure what folks expectations are tbh.

Not aimed at you, just in general.

Yes, but shouldn't we also have a like-for-like replacement for CL's Plan B if Naisy gets injured?

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Yes, but shouldn't we also have a like-for-like replacement for CL's Plan B if Naisy gets injured?

Aye ofc.. ?

He's not an exciting signing granted, but will be a pretty solid one given his record. 

With Maclean all but a coach, DV Likley to get punted we'll need a couple of options. 

An decent international level player from the lower English leagues. 

Pretty much what we should be after tbh. 

The trick is getting a good balance and playing well as a team. 

And avoiding injuries to key players. 

Yet another cracking summer of recruitment ahead. Another hoofball target is just what we need.

Another year of eye bleeding football.

Wake me up in may.

Big Slim Stylee
9 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

Yet another cracking summer of recruitment ahead. Another hoofball target is just what we need.

Wake me up in may.

Does that mean we won’t have to read any of your eye-bleeding posts for 11 months?

3 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Does that mean we won’t have to read any of your eye-bleeding posts for 11 months?

Probably not. They will be on to moan about every game they claim not to be going to.

rudi must stay
35 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

Wake me up in may.

Magennis can play. He has good feet and plenty of pace, his weak link is goals but maybe playing at a good level (Bolton in the Championship) and at international level he'd put more away now. 50 caps for Northern Ireland is no mean feat (if you'd have told me he'd get that many caps sitting in the stand watching  him play for St Mirren I'd have thought you were mental)

I am actually quite buzzing at this rumour

siegementality
7 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Maybe. 

Sammon wasn't playing much tho iirc, this boy is. 

Also, if memory serves he was a bit faster and more of an overall player than Sammon ever was. 

If I remember correctly under one of your different guises you spent dozens upon dozens of posts defending the Sammon signing. I told you at the time he was shite and guess what.

siegementality
9 hours ago, Four faces said:

Mcgennis

Can I just confirm that this was the catalyst for lots of people losing their shit. This, this one post.

cosanostra

Underwhelming and unimaginative is how I'd describe Josh Magennis.

A lot like Curtis Main in fact. 

Not as bad as Sammon but his poor goal scoring record is not exactly a great prospect for us.

At least he's not injured.

47 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Underwhelming and unimaginative is how I'd describe Josh Magennis.

A lot like Curtis Main in fact. 

Not as bad as Sammon but his poor goal scoring record is not exactly a great prospect for us.

At least he's not injured.

Yet.

Josh mcgennis FFS i dont know why anyone is even surprised, I'm not 

Who's next Kirk Broadfoot? 

Exactly the type of player a dinosaur coach, who sets up like a 1990's team in order to punt long balls to would sign 

No doubt another 3 year deal and more money spunked down a black hole 

vlad on the tyne

Must admit it's dissapointing that despite the eye bleeding football we suffered last season we look to bring in another unit in macgennis (if true). 

Leveins Battalion

I dont believe we are signing Magennis but the overreaction here is mental,hes a striker at his peak that has scored 23 goals the last 2 seasons at a decent level including international goals against the likes of Germany,are people who complaining about his strength been to watch us?We brought on Wighton in the final who would get blown over the one of Uches farts.

rick witter
6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Magennis can play. He has good feet and plenty of pace, his weak link is goals but maybe playing at a good level (Bolton in the Championship) and at international level he'd put more away now. 50 caps for Northern Ireland is no mean feat (if you'd have told me he'd get that many caps sitting in the stand watching  him play for St Mirren I'd have thought you were mental)

I am actually quite buzzing at this rumour

A striker who’s weak link is goals!!! ???

why on earth are we looking at him then. We have plenty of people who can play as you say but nobody that can score regularly. 

rick witter
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Exactly the type of player a dinosaur coach, who sets up like a 1990's team in order to punt long balls to would sign 

We must be scouring the leagues for anyone over 6foot tall that can aim to get underneath Berra’s rocket launchers. 

40 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I dont believe we are signing Magennis but the overreaction here is mental,hes a striker at his peak that has scored 23 goals the last 2 seasons at a decent level including international goals against the likes of Germany,are people who complaining about his strength been to watch us?We brought on Wighton in the final who would get blown over the one of Uches farts.

I’m not going to moan about this any further. If it happens, I’ll try and find the positives in it, but the stats you have selected are pushing it a bit. Last season, he scored 4 goals in 42 appearances. Whatever it was that caused that, I hope we have taken it in to account, and that it isn’t a factor here. Supply from out wide or midfield or whatever.

sidjamesbottle
10 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I remind him being decent for Killie.

Looks well suited to our game.

Very one footed going by that clip, tho.

No issue at all with him signing.

He's not a wow signing, but he's a player that is used to our game , at a peak age, has a good amount of caps, played a lot over the past few seasons.

Will enhance our options up front, not too sure why folk would be freaking out tbh.

Agree mate that's where i am with it

Phil D. Corners

Interesting!

We have good connection to the NI set up. Maybe there is something in this. 

Is he not a World Cup star too. 

Been critical of our recruitment during our DOF ‘s tenure but actually think Magennis would a decent signing. A better footballer than Main I think. Strikers are not our biggest worry. Looks like Van the man is defo out the door though. Waiting to be wowed by midfield signings more than strikers. Think this is what will be needed to transform our team from defensive minded triers to a decent outfit. 

9 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

actual 42 caps.....?

5 goals tho:huh:

Ignore me, I thought the discussion was about Sammon and Magennis - it was a long day yesterday!

stevie1874
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Same old Same old 

I think he would be a steady signing. The issue I have is that up front what we lack is pace, that should be the number one thing we look to address. Stretch teams and try and get someone able to keep up with Mulraney. Appreciate that’s probably what Sean Clare was brought in for but I just dint see it with him. He is clearly a footballer but desire and effort miles off. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Magennis. 

Rated by Michael O Neill more so than Connor Washington judging by caps 

Kickback fancies Washington and O Neill but not Magennis or Levein. 

Funny old game 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, siegementality said:

If I remember correctly under one of your different guises you spent dozens upon dozens of posts defending the Sammon signing. I told you at the time he was shite and guess what.

Not sure I defended Sammon too much in terms of football ability , I did, however, give him a chance,  and not write him of as shite straight away. 

I'll do the same with every signing. Paul Hartley educated me in why not to write any player off on thier history alone. 

Shame on me. 

Worth pointing out that our win rate % was far higher that season when Sammon started as opposed to him not starting. 

Make of that what you will. 

Also, this is not Sammon, different player?

Nookie Bear

If it’s a straight replacement for McLean then I can see it. 

Wouldn’t fancy him being our starting #9 though. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Magennis. 

Rated by Michael O Neill more so than Connor Washington judging by caps 

Kickback fancies Washington and O Neill but not Magennis or Levein. 

Funny old game 

:levein_interesting: