***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd take him back.

On Magennis...I've tried to be more positive about us and go into the new season behind CL taking him at his word about signing more creative players but if he signs Magennis I'm back in the 'cl out' camp. There's scraping the barrel and then there's that.

Agreed, i would rather we signed Novikovas and Miko, thats two internationals.

Edited by TypoonJambo

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd take him back.

On Magennis...I've tried to be more positive about us and go into the new season behind CL taking him at his word about signing more creative players but if he signs Magennis I'm back in the 'cl out' camp. There's scraping the barrel and then there's that.

I remember the days when signing a current International, for a good international team right now too, with good experience in England and Scotland would be greeted with excitement.

Imagine the internet had been around when we signed the likes of Wayne Foster, Mike Galloway, Neil Berry, Ian Jardine, John Millar and countless others? I'm not sure what kind of market folk think we're in when it comes to signing players.

feedtheroman2

Didn't realise it was him at first as the commentator is pronouncing his name like "Navickavass" or something ?

Takes me back to the announcer at East Fife back In the day when she got to his name and basically said, feck it I gie up!

heartmussel

The same Magennis that reported racial abuse to the Police after a match at Tynecastle in 2016. Very much doubt he would would want to come anywhere near us.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Not so sure...

5C5A3CE1-4D7F-4EF5-844B-11EB6CCF807E.png

Bolton is a train wreck. Charlton and a successful Northern Ireland would be a better barometer. 

Gave Leeds all sorts of problems. 

Vanecek or Magennis.  I know which ones for me.

Squads not going to be rammed with 20 stars. 

Every time I watch Northern Ireland I see a difference from his time in Scotland when I thought he was shite 

1 minute ago, heartmussel said:

The same Magennis that reported racial abuse to the Police after a match at Tynecastle in 2016. Very much doubt he would would want to come anywhere near us.

Or he was just getting rid of the racists in preparation for coming here? Forward-thinking laddie.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

His rate of goals at Killie was poorer than Sammon.

You don’t think he’s a huddy then, no?  

Smith is a much, much better footballer than this joker. 

Smith was a complete unknown when he signed. 

Anyway, if he signs - welcome. 

1 hour ago, gedster said:

We've signed some eye bleeding crap over the last few seasons.....nothing would surprise me.

Probably a 3 year deal then ?

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Bolton is a train wreck. Charlton and a successful Northern Ireland would be a better barometer. 

Gave Leeds all sorts of problems. 

Vanecek or Magennis.  I know which ones for me.

Squads not going to be rammed with 20 stars. 

Every time I watch Northern Ireland I see a difference from his time in Scotland when I thought he was shite 

Hope you’re right, mate. ?

21 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Novikovas just scored a screamer for Lithuania. Just thought I'd mention it

Should have been back here years ago 

20 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd take him back.

I suspect McGennis could be a Vanacek/McLean replacement rather one of the ‘creative’ signings 

I can understand folk having doubts thinking back to Sammon. But Sammon was signed as our main striker. Magennis would be competing with Naismith, Uche, McLean (I assume), maybe Vanacek, Keena, Wighton (maybe) and probably AN Other, especially if Vanacek is punted and given Levein said he was thinking of bringing in two strikers.

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I remember the days when signing a current International, for a good international team right now too, with good experience in England and Scotland would be greeted with excitement.

Imagine the internet had been around when we signed the likes of Wayne Foster, Mike Galloway, Neil Berry, Ian Jardine, John Millar and countless others? I'm not sure what kind of market folk think we're in when it comes to signing players.

Or David Winnie. Or Kevin Twaddle. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Or David Winnie. Or Kevin Twaddle. 

Well, yeah although I was trying to think of complete unknowns who did well. Those two actually had records in Scotland playing for clubs in our league, and they were terrible.

Edited by Guest

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Anyone know if Vanecek is still on social media, & house hunting in the Czech Republic. Or is he actually still sunning himself in Scotland?

currently up to his nuts in guts doon the grassmarket

IMO the ITK boys are pulling chains.

McGennis would have been the sort of signing we’d have gone for in our Championship year and he’d have done OK.

If Uche is injured McGennis won’t be like for like cover, he won’t be ahead of Uche and he isn’t a game changer.

He might sound like a Levein type signing but he is not the sort of player that Levein has, on record, said we need to add to the squad - better quality game changers. I don’t see how he improves the squad either let alone would push for the first team - whether MacLean leaves, Vanacek leaves or Keena goes on loan.

I’m calling #FAKENEWS on this one.

Edited by Jammy T

Inch Hearts
11 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Smith was a complete unknown when he signed. 

Anyway, if he signs - welcome. 

No he wasn’t. 

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

McGennis would have been the sort of signing we’d have gone for in our Championship year and he’d have done OK.

If Uche is injured McGennis won’t be like for like cover, he won’t be ahead of Uche and he isn’t a game changer.

He might sound like a Levein type signing but he is not the sort of player that Levein has, on record, said we need to add to the squad - better quality game changers. I don’t see how he improves the squad either let alone would push for the first team - whether MacLean leaves, Vanacek leaves or Keena goes on loan.

I think it's realistic, but as back-up. He's looking for two strikers. One will be more back-up to Uche and one more creative and different (I assume/hope).

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

No he wasn’t. 

He was to me, I never followed Bristol Rovers  or Peterborough through the lower leagues of England and couldn't have told you anything about him.

I'd never seen him play for one.

I suspect most Hearts fans would have had him as an unknown quantity before joining.

I bow to your knowledge of Lower English League football players.

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think it's realistic, but as back-up. He's looking for two strikers. One will be more back-up to Uche and one more creative and different (I assume/hope).

I think it shite as back up.

I think buying players specifically as back up is bullshit.

If you bring in a player who you don’t think will challenge for the first team you don’t bring him in.

Pish McGennis is not first team quality for us - even with our need for a new striker.

Would be a worse signing than Sammon IMO. Would rather have had Main than him and that’s a low bar.

Edited by Jammy T

Inch Hearts
Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He was to me, I never followed Bristol Rovers  or Peterborough through the lower leagues of England and couldn't have told you anything about him.

I suspect most Hearts fans would have had him as an unknown quantity before joining.

I bow to your knowledge of Lower English football players.

No need to bow Olly but I was aware of a very good player in Michael Smith before he even went to Posh ?  

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Key point that the slavers will miss.

If we do get two strikers at least  one of them will be back up/ a squad option.

Hard to judge this one  until all our transfer business is completed

Just now, Jammy T said:

I think it shite as back up.

I think buying players specifically as back up is bullshit.

If you bring in a player who you don’t think will challenge for the first team you don’t bring him in.

Pish McGennis is not first team quality for us - even with our need for a new striker.

Would be a worse divining than Sammon IMO.

I haven't seen him play since he left Killie so I'll bow to your superior knowledge! 

10 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Usual guy told me. Wouldn't yank any chains.

4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If we do get two strikers at least  one of them will be back up/ a squad option.

He could be a replacement for McLean, who was signed as back-up/for specific games. Wouldn't be surprised if he leaves.

When even Celtic and Rangers don't have back up to their two main strikers, I do think we are risking having too many looking at the list above although Naismith can play a bit deeper! If we're looking for replacement for Vanacek already we need to punt him pronto.

I'm more concerned that we pick up a winger and creative/attacking mid tbh. 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I haven't seen him play since he left Killie so I'll bow to your superior knowledge! 

Nobody has been raving about MacGennis since he moved down south and he was mediocre up here. 

I dont understand any Hearts fan that thinks he would enhance us in any way.

Just now, Jammy T said:

Nobody has been raving about MacGennis since he moved down south and he was mediocre up here. 

I dont understand any Hearts fan that thinks he would enhance us in any way.

If folk were raving about him he's be looking at a bigger move. He does seem to have done well at Charlton and for NI though.

17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well, yeah although I was trying to think of complete unknowns who did well. Those two actually had records in Scotland playing for clubs in our league, and they were terrible.

I was just meaning the seethe on here if we signed their today equivalents 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Usual guy told me. Wouldn't yank any chains.

Well I trust your info but this signing makes no sense whatsoever. I don’t tend to shun our new signings as I trust Levein’s judgement. 

The last one I moaned about was Sammon.

This feels like an identical type of signing other than its 3 years later and we shouldn’t even be thinking about signing players like him now - he is not a game changer and that little bit of quality - he therefore does not fit, in any way, the type of signing Levein has said we need.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If folk were raving about him he's be looking at a bigger move. He does seem to have done well at Charlton and for NI though.

Ok, not even speaking about him

10 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I bow to your knowledge of Lower English League football players.

He had one cap before he joined us so he was known to many. 

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Ok, not even speaking about him

Seen a lot worse showreels. A mobile big striker who love a header with international experience, who is well thought of by a manager we would give anything to replace Levein. I would need to see a list of other potential signings to rate this potential signing, but he seems worth a look at the very least.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

1 cap, that was my original point point.  MacGennis ( sp) has almost 30 for the same country.

If 1 cap makes folk from the lower English leagues well known amongst the Hearts support then fair doos.

Anyway, if he signs, he signs. I'll welcome him.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Had many a conversation in the pub about Michael Smith. "See Alves the other night for Barca? He can motor!"

"No was watching Portsmouth hammer [insert name of small English town here]. Nevemind Alves, have you seen Michael Smith's throw-ins?!"

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Seen a lot worse showreels. A mobile big striker who love a header with international experience, who is well thought of by a manager we would give anything to replace Levein. I would need to see a list of other potential signings to rate this potential signing, but he seems worth a look at the very least.

I remind him being decent for Killie.

Looks well suited to our game.

Very one footed going by that clip, tho.

No issue at all with him signing.

He's not a wow signing, but he's a player that is used to our game , at a peak age, has a good amount of caps, played a lot over the past few seasons.

Will enhance our options up front, not too sure why folk would be freaking out tbh.

Could be a decent addition to the squad- with Sammon off the wage bill and Vanacek looking like he’ll be no longer required (and hopefully off the wage bill too) then Macgennis could fill that gap. Not saying he’s top drawer but not all signings can be marquee signings. 

I’ll reserve full judgement when the transfer window shuts and the full squad is in place. 

Right, that’s my tantrum over this finished now. I’ll wait and see if he signs, and then support him if he does, I suppose.

Can we bring in someone exciting next, please. ?

6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

1 cap, that was my original point point.  MacGennis ( sp) has almost 30 for the same country.

If 1 cap makes folk from the lower English leagues well known amongst the Hearts support then fair doos.

Anyway, if he signs, he signs. I'll welcome him.

Didn’t mean that. I meant that football fans, not necessarily Hearts fans, are aware of what’s going on at international level in the uk. 

So he was known to many. I was delighted when we signed him. Has justified my faith and optimism from that date. 

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Looks well suited to other game.

Very one footed going by that clip.

He's not a wow signing, but he's a player that is used to our game , at a peak age, has a good amount of caps, played a lot over the past few seasons.

Will enhance our options up front, not too sure why folk would be freaking out tbh.

The Sammon effect!

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Jury’s out for me but at one point last season Bolton fans thought he was going to be the guy who kept them in the championship. Off field activities killed that though 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Me too. I've had vodka though.?‍♂️

I’ve had no alcohol... my struggle was harder.

Inch Hearts
25 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You mention slavers but that is exactly what all that post is.

5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

60 goals in 360 appearances....1 in 6 broadly all at quite low levels. Not for me thanks.

I'd wager a lot were headers too. We've got 1 winger and generally our crosses are non existent so I imagine his ratio would be even worse for us.

Edited by Taffin

Stephen Muddie
4 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

He’s plan b to Curtis main it looks like although it could be a load of shite but if it isn’t can I be first to judge the majority on here judging a player before he’s kicked a ball for us.  

Feel free to do as you wish. I won't give a shit. I'm not holding out any hope that such a striker will suddenly become prolific, although stranger things have happened in football. That's if there's anything in this, of course.

10 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Feel free to do as you wish. I won't give a shit. I'm not holding out any hope that such a striker will suddenly become prolific, although stranger things have happened in football. That's if there's anything in this, of course.

We haven't had a 20 goal striker in what 30-odd years? I more think to when we had Bender, Pospisil and Jankauskis (yes I know not the same quality) or the Championship strikers. Trying to find a few 10+ strikers who can play together seems a decent alternative. Uche, Naismith and two others (maybe MaGennis for one) seem to fit that bill, and maybe one could go on a goal run like Lafferty did. Naismith was on target for that. I'm convinced Uche would've got 10. 

It's a bit of a lottery anyhow. Ask Aberdeen fans about Cosgrove and May.

Mind you, if a 20 goal striker comes up in our budget who wants to come I'm are we'll sign him!

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Me too. I've had vodka though.?‍♂️

Now a good time to mention young Mr Walker then ???

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

You mention slavers but that is exactly what all that post is.

Your an angry individual.

If your not slagging of Hearts, the manager, Budge, the players or even possible future players you are looking for arguments on here.

Go and crack one out or something.