***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

We have and never have tried for Rhodes I will ask Craig the morn to confirm, we cannot afford him.

I’ve seen this floated about on here a few times and it always makes me laugh. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Class of 75
6 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Has he scored a goal at the top level?

We tried that with Reilly and to an extent Keatings. 

Shankland has no caps and is only proven at the lower level. 

Compare the two cvs, then come back. 

I had added to my post by it must have not taken. Seemingly other issues so may not be worth the risk. 

Bongo 1874

For the record if we sign josh i will be disappointed as i think we can get better but give credit were it is due he has made a difference to this game as has Washington. 

37 minutes ago, Bellion said:

It's because we spend a phenomenal amount of time and a large proportion of passes knocking the ball around sideways in our own half. It culminates in a hoof. If you play 9 sideways 5 yard passes and one long ball, statistically not that many passes are hoofs, but the football is still absolutely shite to watch.

It culminates in a missed pass/or a successul interception/tackle far  more often than a hoof. Only Berra consistently hits it long.

We were playing pretty good stuff prior to the injuries.

The reason why Djoum is important to the team is he is the only player that can hang onto the ball and doesn't panic in possession.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I had added to my post by it must have not taken. Seemingly other issues so may not be worth the risk. 

I think he might be worth the risk, but either way certain posters will find fault it seems. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I think he might be worth the risk as well, but either way certain posters will find fault it seems. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot

Has the boy just came on a sub, scored two and won The game from a losing position for NI?

????

As I said, we'll be lucky to get him, he will have other offers from  down England. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not usually a requirement of our strikers ?.

?

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Delighted he has scored, hopefully that secures him a move somewhere other than Tynecastle. 

Just weird.

Brighton Jambo
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

For the record if we sign josh i will be disappointed as i think we can get better but give credit were it is due he has made a difference to this game as has Washington. 

Who can we get that’s better? Name names!!! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

One game?

Gary Glen scored match winning derby goal once.

So what does that prove?

Is he the sort of person that regularly unlocks tight games with skill or innovation of any sort?

Is he difficult to play against? 

Would Scottish defenders have the measure of him?

:verysmug:

Bongo 1874
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Who can we get that’s better? Name names!!! 

Plenty players out of contract and we can pay fees too why don't u have a look? 

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Good for him. ?

Bound to score after being roundly boooooooooed on JKB. 

Does that goal qualify as the coming season or last season though. It's crucial if he's only getting another 5. 

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

I don’t need stats to tell me what my own eyes saw. 

I can only suggest our stats are so good as the must have only counted completed hoofs. The fact that we couldn’t string two hoofs together obviously counted in our favour stats wise.

Translates to: The empirical data disagrees with me, but it’s wrong and I am right. 

Honest to **** man, there are plenty of sticks to hit Levein with, but we are not the hoof ball merchants that Hibs and the media continue to present us as.

I think it was Joel Sked who had an article earlier in the year taking about this point and the impact of confirmation bias. Anytime Hearts (namely Souttar actually, not Berra) punt it forward, it’s taken as ‘typical Hearts, always hoofing it up the park’ when the actual data specifically proves otherwise. It’s nothing more than lazy stereotyping. 

The inability of our own fans to recognise such a simple fact is down to two factors. Firstly, sadsacks grasping onto any stick (real or otherwise) to hit Levein with. Secondly, morons who are unable to comprehend what the data actually says. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Some days are just too funny.  

Right place right time,  twice. Worth the chance 

LarrysRightFoot
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good run and a neat finish 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:verysmug:

N Ire v Estonia is like Hearts v a Division One team.

Today hasn’t changed my mind about him.

Brighton Jambo
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Plenty players out of contract and we can pay fees too why don't u have a look? 

I would be happy with Mcgennis, I think he would be a good signing so I didn’t need to bother looking.  I’m not aiming it at you specifically but for all those who don’t want him who do they want.  Not seeing many people coming up with decent alternatives 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Jammy T said:

N Ire v Estonia is like Hearts v a Division One team.

Today hasn’t changed my mind about him.

Aye ok. I'll take O Neill and Leveins view instead. 

Sometimes its just easier to keep an open mind and not be pig headed. 

Scoring goals against these lower rated nations is of course a Scottish speciality. 

Sorry I forgot 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I would be happy with Mcgennis, I think he would be a good signing so I didn’t need to bother looking.  I’m not aiming it at you specifically but for all those who don’t want him who do they want.  Not seeing many people coming up with decent alternatives 

Thing is people are allowed to improve and work hard to do it. 

This lad has and that's not a bad starting place 

10 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Bound to score after being roundly boooooooooed on JKB. 

Does that goal qualify as the coming season or last season though. It's crucial if he's only getting another 5. 

Think he only managed 4 last season, so at this point, I reckon he’s be keen to add it to that. 

We can reassess in a few months if he’s not scoring. Boost his stats for next season a little.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Aye ok. I'll take O Neill and Leveins view instead. 

Sometimes its just easier to keep an open mind and not be pig headed. 

Scoring goals against these lower rated nations is of course a Scottish speciality. 

Sorry I forgot 

Have you missed all the abuse I get for supporting Levein?

Surely by slating this potential signing I am being open minded by not just bumming up his every move.

siegementality
12 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Translates to: The empirical data disagrees with me, but it’s wrong and I am right. 

Honest to **** man, there are plenty of sticks to hit Levein with, but we are not the hoof ball merchants that Hibs and the media continue to present us as.

I think it was Joel Sked who had an article earlier in the year taking about this point and the impact of confirmation bias. Anytime Hearts (namely Souttar actually, not Berra) punt it forward, it’s taken as ‘typical Hearts, always hoofing it up the park’ when the actual data specifically proves otherwise. It’s nothing more than lazy stereotyping. 

The inability of our own fans to recognise such a simple fact is down to two factors. Firstly, sadsacks grasping onto any stick (real or otherwise) to hit Levein with. Secondly, morons who are unable to comprehend what the data actually says. 

Ok. Hoofball. Clueless. Pedestrian. Unimaginative. One dimensional. Boring.

Call it whatever you want but please don’t try and tell me that it’s enjoyable. Please don’t.

Incidentially. List the sticks.

Edited by siegementality

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Have you missed all the abuse I get for supporting Levein?

Surely by slating this potential signing I am being open minded by not just bumming up his every move.

Slating a player who you don't really know.  Yes

Bongo 1874
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Be honest with yourself do you see and i quote Craig Levein on this Josh Magennis as quality or quantity honest awnser here? He said he would be looking for three to four quality players do u think Magennis falls into that category i personally don't think so each to there own though mate ?

HillmanHearts
2 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Spot on Captain.

Captain Sausage
8 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Ok. Hoofball. Clueless. Pedestrian. Unimaginative. One dimensional. Boring.

Call it whatever you want but please don’t try and tell me that it’s enjoyable. Please don’t.

Incidentially. List the sticks.

So we’ve just categorically dismissed the ‘hoofball’. Please stop. 

I agree that we’ve been poor and not very entertaining so you won’t get any argument from me on that. But stop with the propagation of false criticism. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Be honest with yourself do you see and i quote Craig Levein on this Josh Magennis as quality or quantity honest awnser here? He said he would be looking for three to four quality players do u think Magennis falls into that category i personally don't think so each to there own though mate ?

Michael Smith.  Quality? At our level I think so. 

Let's just wait and see what comes in and how they settle. 

40 odd caps in the best Northern Ireland side for decades with competition for places, making an impact. 

I personally don't think that is lacking in quality 

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Slating a player who you don't really know.  Yes

How do you know I don’t know him?

siegementality
11 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

So we’ve just categorically dismissed the ‘hoofball’. Please stop. 

I agree that we’ve been poor and not very entertaining so you won’t get any argument from me on that. But stop with the propagation of false criticism. 

No we’ve not categorically ruled it out.

It’s all about definitions and my definition of hoofball is:-

Passing the ball about aimlessly before it being passed back to a defender or the goalie before being hoofed up the park regardless to whether there is any player or players of the same team in the area to which the ball has been hoofed.

Pretty much Leveins tactic I think.

Now what are all the sticks he can be beaten with?

Bongo 1874
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Michael Smith.  Quality? At our level I think so. 

Let's just wait and see what comes in and how they settle. 

40 odd caps in the best Northern Ireland side for decades with competition for places, making an impact. 

I personally don't think that is lacking in quality 

Alot of them have been of the bench though i will add he played 42 games for Bolton last season and scored 4 goals i dont see how he fits into our team and improves it if im being honest if it was a young player i could see your point he's 28 years old, Do i think he is going to challenge Uche for a starting place no but as u said lets wait and see. Michael Smith came in when Patterson had left the club and he played regularly for  Peterborough before coming to us comparing Michael smith to Josh magennis is poor in my opinion as u know what your getting out of Smith most games mr consistent in my eyes 7/10 most weeks solid player,Josh magennis though I'm not so sure he is as consistent and for me is definitely not quality ?

Edited by Bongo 1874

heartmussel

Some very big decisions ahead for Levein, would we get more out of Zanatta or Keena than Washington? Young guys at the start of their careers.Is Vanecek going to be around and potentially better than Macgennis .

Phil Dunphy
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Alot of them have been of the bench though i will add he played 42 games for Bolton last season and scored 4 goals i dont see how he fits into our team and improves it if im being honest if it was a young player i could see your point he's 28 years old, Do i think he is going to challenge Uche for a starting place no but as u said lets wait and see. Michael Smith came in when Patterson had left the club and he played regularly for  Peterborough before coming to us comparing Michael smith to Josh magennis is poor in my opinion as u know what your getting out of Smith most games mr consistent in my eyes 7/10 most weeks solid player,Josh magennis though I'm not so sure he is as consistent and for me is definitely not quality ?

If you think Uche is a better footballer than a goalscoring international forward who's played at a European Championship, you're off your head.

Having seen precisely **** all of Bolton last season, I'm not going to comment on his record there, but he scores goals for Northern Ireland against better defences than he'd play against up here.

Is there definite interest in Magennis? Press certainly haven’t got wind of it yet (not that that means sod all!) 

Bongo 1874
13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

If you think Uche is a better footballer than a goalscoring international forward who's played at a European Championship, you're off your head.

Having seen precisely **** all of Bolton last season, I'm not going to comment on his record there, but he scores goals for Northern Ireland against better defences than he'd play against up here.

Uche is 24 years old and absolutely bully's defenders there's a reason why teams like celtic and rangers want him i personally think Uche is a better player injures has stopped Uche from playing aswell.  And im definitely not of my head but thanks for that ? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Uche is 24 years old and absolutely bully's defenders there a reason why teams like celtic and rangers want him i personally think Uche is a better player injures has stopped Uche from playing aswell. 

Do you know for definite the Old Firm want him? Or was it in The Sun? Uche, while a likeable player and personality, isn't exactly a goalscorer either.

Also, as far as I'm aware, he's never represented his country at a major tournament.

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Do you know for definite the Old Firm want him? Or was it in The Sun? Uche, while a likeable player and personality, isn't exactly a goalscorer either.

Also, as far as I'm aware, he's never represented his country at a major tournament.

There’s interest in him do u know how many average players have represented there Country at a major tournament loads mate it's no big deal, Lafferty scored 7 of the goals to get them too the euro 2016 tournament magennis scored 1 goal in a 3-1 win to Greece. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

How do you know I don’t know him?

Easy. You have written an international striker off as a pish signing 

Bongo 1874
22 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

To tell u the truth i go and watch Northern Ireland on a regular basis and was at most of these matches so it's not as if i don't know what I'm talking about here mate but crack on if u feel u know better. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bolton were in serious condition last season. Not a good barometer. Plenty players would have struggled constantly back to the wall.

I love the guys work rate and constant effort to better himself. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
33 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Is there definite interest in Magennis? Press certainly haven’t got wind of it yet (not that that means sod all!) 

A poster on here seems to think so! The poster is usually pretty accurate to be fair