***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If it’s a straight replacement for McLean then I can see it. 

Wouldn’t fancy him being our starting #9 though. 

This is a logical train of thought. 

I'm here. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

ford donald
10 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Not sure I defended Sammon too much in terms of football ability , I did, however, give him a chance,  and not write him of as shite straight away. 

I'll do the same with every signing. Paul Hartley educated me in why not to write any player off on thier history alone. 

Shame on me. 

Worth pointing out that our win rate % was far higher that season when Sammon started as opposed to him not starting. 

Make of that what you will. 

Also, this is not Sammon, different player?

I remember when we signed Sammon,a Derby supporter informed us he was the worse striker he had seen! Should have offered him the Hearts

job as head scout.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

We must be scouring the leagues for anyone over 6foot tall that can aim to get underneath Berra’s rocket launchers. 

:glorious:

Hope Berra will be  working on them over the summer, extra long and high would be good. 

Make it rain! 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ford donald said:

I remember when we signed Sammon,a Derby supporter informed us he was the worse striker he had seen! Should have offered him the Hearts

job as head scout.

Yeah, seems he was right. 

Won't stop me from judging players until after they've played a bit for us, tho or supporting them on their arrival. 

As I say, Hartley has taught me that. 

If we are after a goal scorer as well, then I can see the logic. He’s played a few different positions over the years, so maybe he can help plug gaps when the injuries and suspensions mount up. If we are still to bring in another striker who scores goals, then I am suddenly very happy about signing him. If he is the only striker we are looking at bringing in, then I’m not particularly hopeful that our goals for tally is about to significantly improve.

Levein will be frustrated with what happened when Naismith and Uche were both injured. We crumbled completely and couldn’t score goals or make the ball stick. McLean and Wighton, and later Keena were unable to plug the gap. So you would have to assume MaGennis is intended to cover Uche’s role, or rather provide competition, if you prefer.

What happens if Naismith is injured though? Jamie Walker? 

Keena maybe gives me a little hope, but he’s very young and if he struggles for form, then we are going to toil. Are we maybe still looking for a more prolific striker and Keena is getting a six month loan? 

If we sign a proven goalscorer on top of MaGennis, then I will suddenly be all turned around on the matter.

Interesting times...

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Phil D. Corners

Out side of Naismith he would probably have the best pedigree in the striker department. 

We would need someone that can cross the ball and put it on his head. 

26 minutes ago, ford donald said:

job as head scout.

Did anyone really need a report from fans of Sammons various clubs to tell them how bad he is?

We struggled last season when Uche and Naismith were both injured. McLean isn't a loan striker and I think Keena needs a good loan in the Championship to play week in week out.

I reckon we need another experienced striker. If McGennis is good enough to get 50 caps for N Ireland, then I'm happy to give him a chance. 

Question for the ITK'ers. Do any of you think McLean is away? I think he's very under rated by our support, so this would be a blow. 

5 minutes ago, blairdin said:

We struggled last season when Uche and Naismith were both injured. McLean isn't a loan striker and I think Keena needs a good loan in the Championship to play week in week out.

I reckon we need another experienced striker. If McGennis is good enough to get 50 caps for N Ireland, then I'm happy to give him a chance. 

Question for the ITK'ers. Do any of you think McLean is away? I think he's very under rated by our support, so this would be a blow. 

I think you’re right, we do need another striker who has maybe been round the block.

But Magennis? The jury is out.

That aside ,and back to your point, I think we do need a Jim Hamilton or Alan Lawrence. Someone, that when you look at the bench , you are confident he can come on and actually make a difference in games we are off the boil.

Im not sure we had that feeling of confidence last season or the season beforehand? As others have said it’d actually be good to target a finisher. Not a groundbreaking thought but I think we should be building the team to suit a poacher.  

StevenNaismith

So who got the ITK scoop on this Magennis one as I can’t be arsed scrolling through pages trying to find it?

2 hours ago, Hood09 said:

I think he would be a steady signing. The issue I have is that up front what we lack is pace, that should be the number one thing we look to address. Stretch teams and try and get someone able to keep up with Mulraney. Appreciate that’s probably what Sean Clare was brought in for but I just dint see it with him. He is clearly a footballer but desire and effort miles off. 

Desire and effort is not the problem I see , it’s instinct to be in the right place , I see players in maroon who’s first instinct is to defend even when we’re on the front foot , with Naismith injured we didn’t have the goal from nothing regularly enough, sniffling out chances in and around the box all a bit mechanical lots of effort and desire just not coming off and not in front of goal , opposition all too regularly comfortable no pressure on their defence 

51 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If we are after a goal scorer as well, then I can see the logic. He’s played a few different positions over the years, so maybe he can help plug gaps when the injuries and suspensions mount up. If we are still to bring in another striker who scores goals, then I am suddenly very happy about signing him. If he is the only striker we are looking at bringing in, then I’m not particularly hopeful that our goals for tally is about to significantly improve.

Levein will be frustrated with what happened when Naismith and Uche were both injured. We crumbled completely and couldn’t score goals or make the ball stick. McLean and Wighton, and later Keena were unable to plug the gap. So you would have to assume MaGennis is intended to cover Uche’s role, or rather provide competition, if you prefer.

What happens if Naismith is injured though? Jamie Walker? 

Keena maybe gives me a little hope, but he’s very young and if he struggles for form, then we are going to toil. Are we maybe still looking for a more prolific striker and Keena is getting a six month loan? 

If we sign a proven goalscorer on top of MaGennis, then I will suddenly be all turned around on the matter.

Interesting times...

He's 28 and been playing in the English Championship so he will not be cheap, does that look like the profile of a back up player? 

I don’t mind us being direct but what was blindingly obvious is you need someone to play closer to Uche, ideally with a little bit of pace and football about them. That is not going to be Magennis so it will be more of the same painful rubbish of the second half of the season as he is a like for like replacement.

We need another striker but it would be better if they brought different qualities to what we already have. 

It's worth calling out that this is all against the backdrop of us signing a striker who on all evidence will never play for us again but we will need to pay in the coming season or pay off. 

Just now, Jodami said:

He's 28 and been playing in the English Championship so he will not be cheap, does that look like the profile of a back up player? 

I don’t mind us being direct but what was blindingly obvious is you need someone to play closer to Uche, ideally with a little bit of pace and football about them. That is not going to be Magennis so it will be more of the same painful rubbish of the second half of the season as he is a like for like replacement.

We need another striker but it would be better if they brought different qualities to what we already have. 

It's worth calling out that this is all against the backdrop of us signing a striker who on all evidence will never play for us again but we will need to pay in the coming season or pay off. 

I was trying to make myself feel better, mate. ?

23 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

So who got the ITK scoop on this Magennis one as I can’t be arsed scrolling through pages trying to find it?

It was me unfortunately but we were then told by another poster within minutes that it was definitely not happening so obviously nothing to see here?....except there could well be something to see.

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I was trying to make myself feel better, mate. ?

Sorry mate! Bolton fans want rid as well and he is one of only 8 players still under contract. I am hoping it doesn't happen but the frustration is we seem to not be learning from the mistakes of last season. 

Magennis is a truly awful player, I'm sure Levein is just trying to piss hearts fans off. It's working. Shocking business  by the club. This and Walker back FFS

Leveins Battalion
Just now, dazajmbo said:

Magennis is a truly awful player, I'm sure Levein is just trying to piss hearts fans off. It's working. Shocking business  by the club. This and Walker back FFS

Could be worse could have McCann.

6 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Sorry mate! Bolton fans want rid as well and he is one of only 8 players still under contract. I am hoping it doesn't happen but the frustration is we seem to not be learning from the mistakes of last season. 

Without sounding desperate here, you could maybe look at it like we are learning from last season and making sure we are not left goal-less if Uche and Naismith get injured? I know... I know...

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Without sounding desperate here, you could maybe look at it like we are learning from last season and making sure we are not left goal-less if Uche and Naismith get injured? I know... I know...

I'm saying no more mate other than enjoy your Saturday! 

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

At least wait until both are signed if they even will be 

Edited by Selkirkhmfc1874

Just now, Jodami said:

I'm saying no more mate other than enjoy your Saturday! 

Thats all I’ve got... ??‍♂️

Leveins Battalion
20 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It was me unfortunately but we were then told by another poster within minutes that it was definitely not happening so obviously nothing to see here?....except there could well be something to see.

Does your source know the transfer fee involved?

Bazzas right boot

Silly CL, passing up on all these  20-25 goals a season strikers who are proven at our level and will be happy on £4k a week. 

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Does your source know the transfer fee involved?

As he's still contracted it would make sense unless the administrators are getting wages off the books.

But you have told everyone on a number of occasions its not happening so there we have it.

StevenNaismith
26 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I saw on Facebook this morning that Daza was claiming the scoop so assumed it was him. Mind you, some guy was tearing into him for it.

I'm on the bus to Glasgow sitting next to Craig Brown and he seems to think Magennis is on his way to Hearts (he was his manager at Aberdeen).

Tennant's  6's
18 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Your not wrong. 

Would much prefer McMullen or Cadden to Walker, not that I'm even that fussed on those two. 

And theres gotten be other options out the within our budget that are more of a goal threat then Megennis..

Quality over quantity needed in this window 

Brighton Jambo
9 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Silly CL, passing up on all these  20-25 goals a season strikers who are proven at our level and will be happy on £4k a week. 

Absolutely this.  

I am setting a challenge, to all those posters who didn’t want Main, don’t want Mcgennis etc.  Please name a striker who you do want us to sign. And it needs to be realistic in terms of budget, would come.

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Hearts looking at players again who hold the ball up well. 

Naismith, MacLean, Uche already. Magennis is much the same. 

Clear game plan but relies on a midfield we don't have yet. Walker could improve that. 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

As he's still contracted it would make sense unless the administrators are getting wages off the books.

But you have told everyone on a number of occasions its not happening so there we have it.

Surely it would make more sense for an administrator to sell an asset rather than give it away?

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Surely it would make more sense for an administrator to sell an asset rather than give it away?

Only if someone actually wants to pay money for that asset. Lots of players get their contracts cancelled during administration.

Anyway not to worry you have told everyone its not happening.

What was your previous username btw?

6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Absolutely this.  

I am setting a challenge, to all those posters who didn’t want Main, don’t want Mcgennis etc.  Please name a striker who you do want us to sign. And it needs to be realistic in terms of budget, would come.

I'll bite, Lawrence Shankland. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Based on what? How often have you seen Magennis since he left Scotland?

Good business both of them. Magennis is constantly improving since he only became an outfield player from 17.

Could be a very effective impact sub as he has been at international level. 

But suddenly that is not enough. 

Walker was a constant menace when on form which was more often than not. Only the link with Rangers has become a stick to tarnish everything good he did.

Beggars belief what people are expecting or have chosen to disregard for whatever reason. Not directly a comment on yourself 

My concern is not Magennis my concern is Levein's plan B is actually Plan A with lesser players. Not one lesson learned from last year I think. 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Only if someone actually wants to pay money for that asset. Lots of players get their contracts cancelled during administration.

Anyway not to worry you have told everyone its not happening.

What was your previous username btw?

That has nothing to do with you my sweet prince.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Absolutely this.  

It's a farce tbh. 

We tried high scoring championship players and they never made the grade. 

Folk moaned despite the low risk/ low cost. 

We had a few punts on foreign lads with various cvs. Folk moaned - we need folk that are suited to our game. 

Uche got a mixed reaction. 

This lad is proven to be decent if not great at our level, international player, used to the football. 

The reality is, that we will Likley not get him as he'll get a better offer! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Reduce the wages would be the priority 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I'll bite, Lawrence Shankland. 

Apparently awful second half of the season and not straight forward to manage. Gavin Reilly with complications 

Selkirkhmfc1874
20 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Exactly ! Loads cracking up over a rumour and even if the guy did sign he's been written off before even playing 

24 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I don't see anyone saying that. Most seem to be saying a 10-15 striker would make them happy. Magennis has averaged 6 a season.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Apparently awful second half of the season and not straight forward to manage. Gavin Reilly with complications 

Gavin Reilly was not as prolific as Shankland but I concede there are clearly some issues surrounding him or he would be gone by now. Injured for much of the second half of the season and they're title challenge fell apart. He scores goals though and we don't. 

Holyrood_Hearts
2 hours ago, ford donald said:

job as head scout.

To be fair everyone knew Sammon was a huddy & a bad signing except Neilson & Levein

Class of 75
26 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Absolutely this.  

Shankland? Sorry gone too early. I see the comments above, may not be such a good option as thought 

Edited by Class of 75

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Gavin Reilly was not as prolific as Shankland but I concede there are clearly some issues surrounding him or he would be gone by now. Injured for much of the second half of the season and they're title challenge fell apart. He scores goals though and we don't. 

So did Dobbie in that league,  still does but not great out of it. Not so sure he represents good vfm now either he's bagged a good few.

I suppose all of these deals are what you get for your cash and how they improve the balance of your squad. 

It's never really straight forward. Personally I believe Naismith will make a difference to most players around him. 

17 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

That has nothing to do with you my sweet prince.

If you are unable to answer a simple question consider our chat done.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

Shankland? 

Has he scored a goal at the top level?

We tried that with Reilly and to an extent Keatings. 

Shankland has no caps and is only proven at the lower level. 

Compare the two cvs, then come back. 

Brighton Jambo

A couple of people saying shankland.  A fair shout but he is unproven at this level and we have had experience of that before where it hasn’t worked out in Reilly.  

I dont have a view on Shankland specifically but he is another example of a player who would divide the support.  I’m not sure there is any realistic striker target who we would all back.  

Though happy to be proved wrong.