***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

N Ire v Estonia is like Hearts v a Division One team.

Today hasn’t changed my mind about him.

Come in useful when Levein gets us relegated then?

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

To tell u the truth i go and watch Northern Ireland on a regular basis and was at most of these matches so it's not as if i don't know what I'm talking about here mate but crack on if u feel u know better. 

Give me a forward who scores goals over one who knocks folk over loads tbf.

Like I said, Uche hasn't scored goals at an international level, so to say he's better than Magennis is madness. Whether you go and watch Northern Ireland or not. I know plenty of Hearts supporters who go to watch Hearts and couldn't spot a player if he was shagging his missus.

34 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Uche is 24 years old and absolutely bully's defenders there's a reason why teams like celtic and rangers want him i personally think Uche is a better player injures has stopped Uche from playing aswell.  And im definitely not of my head but thanks for that ? 

Neither Celtic or Rangers want Uche. 

Bongo 1874
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Bolton were in serious condition last season. Not a good barometer. Plenty players would have struggled constantly back to the wall.

I love the guys work rate and constant effort to better himself. 

But the fact of it is mate that is his level and i can assure u he isn't any quality striker. 

Bongo 1874
12 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Give me a forward who scores goals over one who knocks folk over loads tbf.

Like I said, Uche hasn't scored goals at an international level, so to say he's better than Magennis is madness. Whether you go and watch Northern Ireland or not. I know plenty of Hearts supporters who go to watch Hearts and couldn't spot a player if he was shagging his missus.

Your just being silly now uche is 24 and there is room for improvement do u think there is room for improvement for Magennis looking at his stats i wouldn't say so. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874
8 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Neither Celtic or Rangers want Uche. 

Aye just like rangers aren't interested in souttar either honestly crack on ??

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874
17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Lets not consider signing an international with good English and Scottish experience for free because.... reasons.

Simple he's not quality we were told we were signing quality do people actually know how many international players we have had and they Certainly don't fall under the quality banner just like Magennis.  Josh Magennis quality my god this place is going stark raving. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Simple he's not quality we were told we were signing quality do people actually know how many international players we have had and they Certainly don't fall under the quality banner just like Magennis.  Josh Magennis quality my god this place is going stark raving. 

Jesus wept,what quality do u want?Beslija?Tzolis?Alexis Sanchez??some moves work out some don't.There sino guarenteed quality in football because footballers are human beings.

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Jesus wept,what quality do u want?Beslija?Tzolis?Alexis Sanchez??some moves work out some don't.There sino guarenteed quality in football because footballers are human beings.

Your right Jesus wept i expect a better quality signing than Josh Magennis because he certainly ain't quality is it really to much to ask?. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
42 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

But the fact of it is mate that is his level and i can assure u he isn't any quality striker. 

What quality do you expect.  There will be only one Naismith.  A regular contributor at international level is a decent signing in my opinion 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Your right Jesus wept i expect a better quality signing than Josh Magennis because he certainly ain't quality is it really to much to ask?. 

A player is only quality if he performs for his team,we have signed many players who on paper look quality but it doesn't work out then we get guys like Mulraney who you think wtf and they develop,Magennis could cooe with playing for Hearts,Wighton and Shanacek cant.

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

No we’ve not categorically ruled it out.

It’s all about definitions and my definition of hoofball is:-

Passing the ball about aimlessly before it being passed back to a defender or the goalie before being hoofed up the park regardless to whether there is any player or players of the same team in the area to which the ball has been hoofed.

Pretty much Leveins tactic I think.

Now what are all the sticks he can be beaten with?

So it’s proven that statistically we had the third lowest number of long/hoof balls last season. Yet you refuse to accept that therefore means we aren’t a hoofball team. 

Where’s your evidence that we are a hoofball team. Not just ‘ah seen it wif ma own eyes likes’. Actual, verifiable evidence please. 

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

What quality do you expect.  There will be only one Naismith.  A regular contributor at international level is a decent signing in my opinion 

First of all see above and secondly if Lafferty hadn't done what he had done Magennis would've been nowhere near that game tonight. 

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

A player is only quality if he performs for his team,we have signed many players who on paper look quality but it doesn't work out then we get guys like Mulraney who you think wtf and they develop,Magennis could cooe with playing for Hearts,Wighton and Shanacek cant.

Aye Magennis could cope just like Connor Sammon could cope? All im going to say is massive mistake going anywhere near this boy. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

First of all see above and secondly if Lafferty hadn't done what he had done Magennis would've been nowhere near that game tonight. 

41 caps so I don't buy that. 

Looking like a boo boy before the rumour even comes to fruition. 

People better than us rate him,  happy to be honest.  Agree to disagree  ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye Magennis could cope just like Connor Sammon could cope? All im going to say is massive mistake going anywhere near this boy. 

Difference on the career curve 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Time will tell,if we even sign him ?

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He's had 41 caps but alot has been of the bench another thing how much wages do u think he is going to want but as u say agree to disagree?

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

A poster on here seems to think so! The poster is usually pretty accurate to be fair 

Fair dos. We could certainly do a lot worse if it materialises. 

Phil Dunphy
54 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Your just being silly now uche is 24 and there is room for improvement do u think there is room for improvement for Magennis looking at his stats i wouldn't say so. 

At the end of the day, you believed the stores in The Sun about Uche being targeted by the Old Firm.

Josh Magennis only scored 4 goals in the Championship last season? Right, well Uche only scored 3 in a worse league. So your main point doesn't hold up there.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

At the end of the day, you believed the stores in The Sun about Uche being targeted by the Old Firm.

Josh Magennis only scored 4 goals in the Championship last season? Right, well Uche only scored 3 in a worse league. So your main point doesn't hold up there.

But we’ve all watched mcgennis in Scotland and we know for a fact he’s 100% pish, just like we were right when we signed Connor Sammon.. Mcgennis is an extremely limited played.. did he not score something like 20 in over 200 games in Scotland ??‍♂️ Would be funny if it really wasnt ?‍♂️ 

Bongo 1874
9 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

First of all it wasn't the sun that i heard Uche being targeted by the old firm but that's by do by either way, secondly do u actually go to games because if it hadn't escaped your attention Uche was out twice last season and we also lost his main strike partner but please yourself if u want to kid on that didn't happen ???

Bongo 1874
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

But we’ve all watched mcgennis in Scotland and we know for a fact he’s 100% pish, just like we were right when we signed Connor Sammon.. Mcgennis is an extremely limited played.. did he not score something like 20 in over 200 games in Scotland ??‍♂️ Would be funny if it really wasnt ?‍♂️ 

28 goals in 190 games in Scotland mate. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

28 goals in 190 games in Scotland mate. 

Awful. Roughly 1 in 9 ? 

Tennant's  6's
14 minutes ago, SectionN said:

I’d take Connor Washington scored tonight for Northern Ireland and is a free agent after leaving QPR.

He'd be a good signing. 

And to be fair to Megennis, it was a deft finish for his goal.. :whistling:

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who then? 

Bongo 1874
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Who then? 

That's not upto me to identify mate that's what the chief scout gets paid for and the manager and one things for sure i certainly don't think Magennis falls under the quality banner as was quoted by Craig Levein and i also think he would personally leave his self wide open having made the quality quote the jury would certainly be out in my opinion ?

That's not upto me to identify mate that's what the chief scout gets paid for and the manager and one things for sure i certainly don't think Magennis falls under the quality banner as was quoted by Craig Levein and i also think he would personally leave his self wide open having made the quality quote the jury would certainly be out in my opinion ?

Well if you can't say who is better then Magennis seems a good option. 

Bongo 1874
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Well if you can't say who is better then Magennis seems a good option. 

Ok ? ?

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

First of all it wasn't the sun that i heard Uche being targeted by the old firm but that's by do by either way, secondly do u actually go to games because if it hadn't escaped your attention Uche was out twice last season and we also lost his main strike partner but please yourself if u want to kid on that didn't happen ???

And there's no extraordinary circumstances that might have hampered Magennis season? I heard Bolton are having a good time of it lately.

Also, I can 100% guarantee you that I watch more Hearts games than you do.

Phil Dunphy

Anyone who saw the 2nd Northern Ireland goal tonight reckon they'd see a similar finish from Uche hasn't ever watched Uche play for Hearts.

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

18 goals in 2 seasons for Killie.

Any Hearts strikers in the last 3 seasons had a similar strike rate?

Bongo 1874
5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

And there's no extraordinary circumstances that might have hampered Magennis season? I heard Bolton are having a good time of it lately.

Also, I can 100% guarantee you that I watch more Hearts games than you do.

Well one Magennis played 25 more games than Uche this season and yeah whatever ??

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Pissing against the wind. 

Player, who is a current international(on par with ours) proven at our level, playing regularly in England. 

29 years old. 

Shite, apparently. 

Bongo 1874
10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

8 in his first season 10 in the next i believe may be wrong but? 

Phil Dunphy
21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well one Magennis played 25 more games than Uche this season and yeah whatever ??

One rule for one, different rule for another, eh?

Imagine turning down a 41 cap striker (for a team performing well above their level) because of a different striker who doesn't score goals, but can "bully" defenders.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Imagine turning down a 41 cap striker (for a team performing well above their level) because of a different striker who doesn't score goals, but can "bully" defenders.

Phil, we often disagree. 

Fair doos, but I agree 100%. 

This thread is a belter. 

Bongo 1874
7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

What part don't u understand he has came of the bench in alot of they games/caps and wouldn't be anywhere that game tonight had Lafferty not done what he had done, look mate im not taking this any further as for u being to more games than me I'll call bull on that anyway goodnight have a good one ?

Bongo 1874
38 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What part don't u understand he has came of the bench in alot of they games/caps and wouldn't be anywhere that game tonight had Lafferty not done what he had done, look mate im not taking this any further as for u being to more games than me I'll call bull on that anyway goodnight have a good one ?

Anywhere near*

6 hours ago, tcjambo said:

It culminates in a missed pass/or a successul interception/tackle far  more often than a hoof. Only Berra consistently hits it long.

We were playing pretty good stuff prior to the injuries.

The reason why Djoum is important to the team is he is the only player that can hang onto the ball and doesn't panic in possession.

I agree that Berra is the worst offender and you’re right about Djoum, but I don’t agree otherwise. Whatever else is wrong, we don’t give the ball away in dangerous areas that often. That’s because we tend to hoof it before it gets intercepted or given away in a bad area. 

Not a problem in itself, most teams at our level do to some extent. But a high % of short passes does not automatically = attractive, effective or progressive football, regardless of how many half-baked articles the Scotsman publish.

There is a chronic lack of pace and guile in the squad. Before the injuries, the good stuff we were playing was very heavily reliant on Uche being able to hold the ball up and bring others into play, and a good chunk (not all) of that was based on him receiving direct passes. Stats are only useful when applied in their proper context, and anyone watching can see that we are not a fluid or attractive team to watch and haven’t been for a while now. 

StevenNaismith
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Awful. Roughly 1 in 9 ? 

Maths ain’t your strong point then? 

I don't want to sign Magennis but he will score more goals than Uche will.

10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Easy. You have written an international striker off as a pish signing 

It’s Northern Ireland mate not Spain.

A lot of very average players have had caps for countries like them, Wales, Scotland etc 

He is one such player.

9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Totally agree.

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Lafferty and Naismith ?‍♂️

7 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Anyone who saw the 2nd Northern Ireland goal tonight reckon they'd see a similar finish from Uche hasn't ever watched Uche play for Hearts.

What - a sclaff from 5 yards out? It was hardly Messi mate FFS.