***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Inch Hearts
8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

If on the day we are linked with josh magennis, who would you prefer, main or magennis?

Main. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, OTT said:

My understanding is at Aberdeen he was shunted all over the shop IIRC he was playing LB or something? 

At Killie, his goal return isn't too bad. I'd like to think his time down south has moulded him into a better player.

All i'm saying is hold fire on the criticism. He might turn out a lot better than we think. 

Hes a complete huddy.  :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

League 1 is garbage though, mate.

With any luck he turns out to be an absolute revelation. I know **** all about these things, just like most of us on here. Levein knows plenty however, so I reckon the smart money is on this being a good move. ?

????

33 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd take Josh McGennis? **** it, why not.

Yeah don’t get the overreaction.  Current international with a decent record at this level. I remember him being quite good at Killie. We’ve signed strikers with a worse recent scoring record many times before. He’d be back-up as well so not like sammon who was signed as our main striker. Is he fit though that’s the main question.

7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

????

Did I come across as a little desperate? ?

38 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

So we have had a bid accepted for a player who is under contract?Funny with Boltons financial woes would of thought this would make the news.Bollocks.

Free transfer I’d imagine. Get his wages off the payroll. They only have 8 pro  contract players left on the books. Thought there might be other clubs after him 

It’s a clever signing- he was a goalie until 2008 so I guess we save wages on a second keeper as he could be the back up goalie and striker. Imaginative from the scouting team ?

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah don’t get the overreaction.  Current international with a decent record at this level. I remember him being quite good at Killie. We’ve signed strikers with a worse recent scoring record many times before. He’d be back-up as well so not like sammon who was signed as our main striker. Is he fit though that’s the main question.

Yep, 42 caps. Must be a complete huddy. . Michael O’ Neill keeps picking him so you have to assume he would want to sign him if he was our manager. 

Edited by soonbe110

Bazzas right boot

I remember him being quite decent for Killie. 

Decent goal record with Killie, not great last season. 

He'd have to hit the ground running, tho. 

jambopilms
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You just described sammon 3 years ago

Edited by jambopilms

Inch Hearts
28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You’re guessing he would be back up.  He’s not going to leave down south being talking into it from our assistant to come up and sit on the bench. 

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Dunfermline or Partick on loan January it is then ?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You just described sammon 3 years ago

Maybe. 

Sammon wasn't playing much tho iirc, this boy is. 

Also, if memory serves he was a bit faster and more of an overall player than Sammon ever was. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If you play to his strengths he will probably score plenty. We won't though. 

Hes never scored plenty in his career because his strength is being a huddy.   Even Vanacek’s family must be laughing at him now. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Surely not . 

Mind you can't see CL changing his approach even after the utter Shite we had to endure last season , he's far to stubborn . 

Suppose he'll live and die by the sword No top 4 this year and he's gone . For that reason I trust he's giving every possible signing maximum attention. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Hes never scored plenty in his career because his strength is being a huddy.   Even Vanacek’s family must be laughing at him now. 

His rate of goals was decent at Killie. 

30 caps, not bad for a huddy. 

Smith is one of our best players and has a handful of caps for the same country. 

Anyway, you seem to be having fun with this, so crack on. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Long Tall Sally

Notts Bollocks placed on the chopping block with this one.

Cant see it myself but what do I know.

Jack shit, that’s what.

35 minutes ago, Pagey said:

It’s a clever signing- he was a goalie until 2008 so I guess we save wages on a second keeper as he could be the back up goalie and striker. Imaginative from the scouting team ?

If he's shite up top he can put the gloves on. Shrewd by Levein. 

Could someone give me any semblance of likelihood that we after McGennis.  I've not been able to join the dots.

2 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

if We sign that grass every single window in the main stand will be bricked 

Steady on! ?

2 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

if We sign that grass every single window in the main stand will be bricked 

Oooh big hard laddie.

Inch Hearts
22 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

His rate of goals was decent at Killie. 

30 caps, not bad for a huddy. 

Smith is one of our best players and has a handful of caps for the same country. 

Anyway, you seem to be having fun with this, so crack on. 

His rate of goals at Killie was poorer than Sammon.

You don’t think he’s a huddy then, no?  

Smith is a much, much better footballer than this joker. 

We finally get Sammon off the books and use the wages to sign Josh fecking Magennis :vrface:

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Uche is being asked to play with his back to goal 95% of the time, to battle with centre halves & hold the ball up. The few times we've managed to hit the bye line and cross the ball so that he can run on to it (Inverness & Hibs, for example), he's scored. 

We need to change the way we play to get the best out of him IMO. 

Don’t disagree. When he plays we just go long and play him as a target man and he’s garbage at it. 

11 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

His rate of goals at Killie was poorer than Sammon.

You don’t think he’s a huddy then, no?  

Smith is a much, much better footballer than this joker. 

People are easily drawn because they see a capped player.  International Football isn’t like what it was 30 years ago when the genuine good players got picked for their country. 

Plenty ordinary players by international standards have been picked these days because that’s where the standard is for some countries. Some can be picked on the strength of a purple patch but they aren’t necessarily fine players.  

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

People are easily drawn because they see a capped player.  International Football isn’t like what it was 30 years ago when the genuine good players got picked for their country. 

Plenty ordinary players by international standards have been picked these days because that’s where the standard is for some countries. Some can be picked on the strength of a purple patch but they aren’t necessarily fine players.  

I totally agree - and this isn’t even some guy who’s played 30 games for the likes of Romania or Belarus, some player who’s stats that don’t look that good but fk it gives a chance to...

This is a huddy that was shite for Aberdeen okay for bottom 6 Killie and shit ever since honest to fk there’s no excuse for this but it coincides with offering a contract to Curtis Main.  

Not it that is even nearly certain it’s happening.  

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

You’re guessing he would be back up.  He’s not going to leave down south being talking into it from our assistant to come up and sit on the bench. 

Maybe.

Anyhow, theres the answer to the people who think we should have had like for like backup for naismith, souttar and the other injuries last season.

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe.

Anyhow, theres the answer to the people who think we should have had like for like backup for naismith, souttar and the other injuries last season.

We couldn’t have had another attacking midfielder/forward?  

9 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Surely we’re not thinking of signing that big huddy, can’t see it happening.

We've signed some eye bleeding crap over the last few seasons.....nothing would surprise me.

7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

We couldn’t have had another attacking midfielder/forward?  

Edwards and Keena were on loan. Shit happens.

23 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He's not signing FFS.

This. File away with the usual nonsense that people claim to be ITK about. 

Magennis? :rofl:

He was utter mince for a long time but did improve towards the end of his time up here.

That said, I’m not convinced and is another indicator that a change in style is not imminent. Sigh.

Inch Hearts
34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Edwards and Keena were on loan. Shit happens.

Why was Edwards on loan? 

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Why was Edwards on loan? 

He wasn't going to get much game time (his words) and he was crap in the reserves (people who saw hims' words).

With hindsight I'm sure he wouldn't have been but at that time the team was going great. We had Djoum, Morrison, Lee, Mulraney, Naismith all playing well in the middle and Clare to come in as backup attacking midfield instead of Edwards.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Late starter. Was a keeper. Improved massively since leaving Scotland. Impressed for Northern Ireland. 

Wouldn't be my first pick but this is far from the drama being played out

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Late starter. Was a keeper. Improved massively since leaving Scotland. Impressed for Northern Ireland. 

Wouldn't be my first pick but this is far from the drama being played out

Not so sure...

5C5A3CE1-4D7F-4EF5-844B-11EB6CCF807E.png

Jamboscanbevicius

Tin hat on but I think Magennis could be a good signing. Did well at Kilmarnock

and Charlton, and he was top scorer (admittedly only with 7) in a dire Bolton side this season. Still only 28 and a regular at international level.

For everyone who reveres Kevin Kyle - an ugly but effective player who averaged about 1 in 5 most of his career, we need to take the blinkers off and give guys a chance. Magennis is exactly the type that, if he signed for Motherwell or Kilmarnock and had a great season, would be moaning we weren’t in for him!

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Tin hat on but I think Magennis could be a good signing. Did well at Kilmarnock

and Charlton, and he was top scorer (admittedly only with 7) in a dire Bolton side this season. Still only 28 and a regular at international level.

For everyone who reveres Kevin Kyle - an ugly but effective player who averaged about 1 in 5 most of his career, we need to take the blinkers off and give guys a chance. Magennis is exactly the type that, if he signed for Motherwell or Kilmarnock and had a great season, would be moaning we weren’t in for him!

you might need that hat mate

Just now, feedtheroman2 said:

Novikovas just scored a screamer for Lithuania. Just thought I'd mention it

I'd take him back.

On Magennis...I've tried to be more positive about us and go into the new season behind CL taking him at his word about signing more creative players but if he signs Magennis I'm back in the 'cl out' camp. There's scraping the barrel and then there's that.