• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

Robbo-Jambo
45 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Didn’t celebrate his wonder free kick against them at Murrayfield.

Said something to really piss off our captain then led the celebrations and charge to celebrate in front of their fans at Tynecastle. No respect for the club whatsoever. 

Worse than anything Pressley ever did and folk clamour for this prick back??? He can do one. 

It's not just Berra though, Naismith thinks he is an arsehole as well. 

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Get him back.  He’s made to score goals for hearts.

This. some players just fit a team.

the simple questions is he better than other options we have? yes. would he improve the squad? yes.

everything else is equivocal. the product on the pitch needs to improve.

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Did you say the same about Rudi Skacel before we brought him back?

You are actually comparing Rudi to Lafferty. 😂😂😂

Heartsofgold
51 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Didn’t celebrate his wonder free kick against them at Murrayfield.

Said something to really piss off our captain then led the celebrations and charge to celebrate in front of their fans at Tynecastle. No respect for the club whatsoever. 

Worse than anything Pressley ever did and folk clamour for this prick back??? He can do one. 

Mrs Budge mentioned in her recent interview that she has only said no to Levein once.  My guess is that would be a potential return for Lafferty.  He just doesn't fit within our squad dynamic, in that he would need very careful handling, and would in all possibility he would have issues with a few of our senior players after what he did at Tynecastle last year.

It should have been ten
10 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Lafferty and Skacel, what a ridiculous comparison. Parking the obvious gulf in talent Skacel played left back at most other clubs, he was an attacking midfielder and then given virtually a free role in his second spell. 

A player who played in 2 Cup winning teams versus a guy who led us to a glorious 6th in the league and was shit in the cup quarter final against Motherwell, his most important game at the club. 

:spoton:

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Mrs Budge mentioned in her recent interview that she has only said no to Levein once.  My guess is that would be a potential return for Lafferty.  He just doesn't fit within our squad dynamic, in that he would need very careful handling, and would in all possibility he would have issues with a few of our senior players after what he did at Tynecastle last year.

This and would also ignite the Union Jack brigade even more. 

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

We're a fantastic, free scoring football team and don't need Lafferty and his bloody goals. 

We need his goals but not his (very substantial) baggage.

“I like being held accountable provided I’m given responsibility,” says MacPhee. “For example: People say, ‘don’t sign Kyle Lafferty because he’s trouble’. I say, ‘Sign Kyle Lafferty and I’ll be accountable for it but give me the responsibility of dealing with him at times where he’s annoying you’. That’s a risk, eh? But it went well.

He did well at hearts because macphee did very well to man manage him. Despite what the obviously sensitive souls on here say, he didn’t really do much wrong at all whilst here. Tried his ass off, scored goals, showed passion, then got us a substantial fee to sign for his boyhood club. He’s now realised he had it good at hearts and wants back. 

Sign him up as long as macphee is ok with it. 

Well the interview with Lafferty is an agents nightmare, pretty much puts him in an impossibly shite negotiating position. 
If Lafferty wants to come back he will have to accept a huge reduction in wages, though he will no doubt have got a decent payoff

I don’t care if he is an imbecile, I don’t care if he loves TheRangers, I don’t care if he puts a Queen mask on his missus prior to coitis, I don’t even care if all the wee bigots would hail him like a returning hero...he scored goals in big games and if its right for the club then I would take him back

48 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Did you say the same about Rudi Skacel before we brought him back?

Laughable comparison.Could have been worse though.You could have compared him with Robbo. 

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’d snap your hand off to have him back, that view isn’t shared by the two most influential people at the club unfortunately.

Maybe mrs budge and mr Levein should think about what the fans want too. I’m not a huge fan of having Lafferty back personally but I know plenty that do. 

I hear some Hearts hating nephew of hers will be running the supporters bar soon. A man that actually trolls Hearts fans and tweets big Yaaaaaassssss when we lose. 

Happy to come take a wage off us though. 

Her nepotism winds me up at times. 

Edited by jack D and coke

VagabondJambo
50 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It's not just Berra though, Naismith thinks he is an arsehole as well. 

We’re trying to build a winning TEAM!

Given what you say R-J, Lafferty would be a disaster for team-building.
Sure, goals matter, but some on here are so blinkered about Lafferty, have never stopped “grieving” after he left, ignore his baggage, his attitude, and his laziness, and worse still, don’t even consider the impact on our TEAM and OUR club!
Please, Craig (or whoever makes the decision), no, no, no!

StevenNaismith
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Maybe mrs budge and mr Levein should think about what the fans want too. I’m not a huge fan of having Lafferty back personally but I know plenty that do. 

I hear some Hearts hating nephew of hers will be running the supporters bar soon. A man that actually trolls Hearts fans and tweets big Yaaaaaassssss when we lose. 

Happy to come take a wage off us though. 

Her nepotism winds me up at times. 

To be fair, I wasn’t talking about Ann Budge. Both CL and SN have no time for KL.

Hectormasson
59 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

KL has been straight and clear in the last round of interviews. Up to CL now i suspect. No fee and when someone is that open i suspect not hard to agree terms either! I say get it done. All that chat about striker with provenance in this country and proven over the course etc. We would be idiots not to, budget allowing. 

Give him a year contract see how it goes " wouldn't be too costly,and would suit both parties ,,,

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

To be fair, I wasn’t talking about Ann Budge. Both CL and SN have no time for KL.

How do you know this?

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’d kinda heard SN wasn’t keen on him. Never got that impression with CL though but fair enough I’ll take yir word for it bud. 

He wants back, dont think he would be difficult to deal with, no fee, low risk ..

I know this will be a controversial decision, and I was extremely pissed when he left us but,  and if it happens, if he gets his head down, and focusses on the team and scoring goals for us (which he has proved he can do) what’s there to think about.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face springs to mind if the against argument put forward is excess baggage etc

get him in Craig . Keep reading all this shite about how if we bring him back he will encourage the bigots to increase in number etc 

lot of pish imo ... the red hands and Union Jack flags have been in the ground a lot longer than Kyle Lafferty 

Very easy to make a player a scapegoat for bigotry and excuse the bigots for their own despicable behaviour 

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

How do you know this?

I heard that Levein didn’t have an issue with him but that Naismith did 

there was definitely some article re naisy on KL but for the life of me, can’t remember exactly what it was other than to say that naisy wasn’t his biggest fan

56 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

48 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

We need his goals but not his (very substantial) baggage.

Very true...Tbh last year could of been a serious boot in the balls for him but I doubt it. Not worth the risk. Unless out his own wage he employers a carer to put him to bed , control his movements , his behaviour etc 👶🏻

43 minutes ago, Dayman said:

“I like being held accountable provided I’m given responsibility,” says MacPhee. “For example: People say, ‘don’t sign Kyle Lafferty because he’s trouble’. I say, ‘Sign Kyle Lafferty and I’ll be accountable for it but give me the responsibility of dealing with him at times where he’s annoying you’. That’s a risk, eh? But it went well.

He did well at hearts because macphee did very well to man manage him. Despite what the obviously sensitive souls on here say, he didn’t really do much wrong at all whilst here. Tried his ass off, scored goals, showed passion, then got us a substantial fee to sign for his boyhood club. He’s now realised he had it good at hearts and wants back. 

Sign him up as long as macphee is ok with it. 

That is just not true....

25 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d kinda heard SN wasn’t keen on him. Never got that impression with CL though but fair enough I’ll take yir word for it bud. 

14 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I heard that Levein didn’t have an issue with him but that Naismith did 

there was definitely some article re naisy on KL but for the life of me, can’t remember exactly what it was other than to say that naisy wasn’t his biggest fan

MacPhee babysat him and SN as I understand is far from a fan (unsurprising as they are polar opposites as pros) and thinks he's disruptive to the older pro’s and a bad influence on the younger pro’s. CL was 50/50 with him due to MacPhee handling his baggage but there were a few things happened and from then on he would of sold him when he sold Isma if the right offer came in. Not sure AB’s take on him but he goes against the culture we are building at the club and personally I don’t think its worth risking that for one wayward child who needs babysat just to keep them from doing stupid things 24/7

3 hours ago, R08813 said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned but he said in his interview that he took a pay cut to go to rangers... Have to admit I'm a bit surprised by that. 

I think he is being loose with the truth here.

His pay last season was bolstered by monthly payments from Norwich as part of his pay off from them.

So he took a pay cut from the total he was being paid by both Hearts and Norwich together.

For everyone saying he’d add a lot to the team?

No he wouldn’t if every senior player in the team thought he was a twat and he was a disruptive influence on the squad as a result.

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

MacPhee babysat him and SN as I understand is far from a fan (unsurprising as they are polar opposites as pros) and thinks he's disruptive to the older pro’s and a bad influence on the younger pro’s. CL was 50/50 with him due to MacPhee handling his baggage but there were a few things happened and from then on he would of sold him when he sold Isma if the right offer came in. Not sure AB’s take on him but he goes against the culture we are building at the club and personally I don’t think its worth risking that for one wayward child who needs babysat just to keep them from doing stupid things 24/7

I know he’s a brain donor of a laddie that’s never been in any doubt. 

He brings out the worst in our fans too. He’s not for me tbh. 

Sounds like a brilliant idea to thoroughly piss of by far our best player and arguably the best Scottish player in the SPL

All for a gambling addict that shits on his wife and has had one purple patch season in his entire career 

WHICH AMOUNTED TO 12 LEAGUE GOALS.

Yep, proof again at the lack of any kind of thought process amongst a large number of Hearts fans.

1 hour ago, It should have been ten said:

I believe that’s a reason why this may not happen tbh

I just feel hearts are missing out on a huge opportunity to sign a quality striker who know the Scottish game scores goals that’s what hearts need at the moment a striker that scores goals come on it’s not hard to see just now a defender is our top scorer we can’t depend on Naismith all season as he won’t be able to play every game we need a squad to compete with rangers Celtic. The signing of whelan Morrison. Sell uche Clare zlamal Doyle get woodman from Newcastle on loan promote stones as number 2 

Byyy The Light
29 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Sounds like a brilliant idea to thoroughly piss of by far our best player and arguably the best Scottish player in the SPL

All for a gambling addict that shits on his wife and has had one purple patch season in his entire career 

Yep, proof again at the lack of any kind of thought process amongst a large number of Hearts fans.

Same goal ratio as Isma and a huge number of fans thought he was chronic and wanted him punted 

2 hours ago, SM Sheffield said:

The club have a limited budget and there are more pressing areas that need addressing in the squad. Midfield options are far more important than bringing back Lafferty. For him to come back strikers would need to be moved on

Wighton and McLean then. Even if he wasn't playing all of the games I think he'd score more than those two to be fair. Wouldn't lose any sleep losing either of them or even if we didn't get Lafferty. But goals and league positions count.

It should have been ten
23 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I believe that’s a reason why this may not happen tbh

Yep definitely one of them 

It should have been ten
9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Banderson says zero chance of happening

Cue the Levein haters......

7 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

I just feel hearts are missing out on a huge opportunity to sign a quality striker who know the Scottish game scores goals that’s what hearts need at the moment a striker that scores goals come on it’s not hard to see just now a defender is our top scorer we can’t depend on Naismith all season as he won’t be able to play every game we need a squad to compete with rangers Celtic. The signing of whelan Morrison. Sell uche Clare zlamal Doyle get woodman from Newcastle on loan promote stones as number 2 

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Cue the Levein haters......

"But, but...7 foot, eh, flute an' that likes?"

Lheveinoot!

WheatfieldWarrior
30 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

19 Goals including cup competitions.

15 in 10/11 with oldco was his only other decent season goalswise.

lots to criticise, but his goal scoring record with us isn't one of them.

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You are actually comparing Rudi to Lafferty. 😂😂😂

Don't think that's what he said. A comparison would be two similar type players, which of course they are not. I read it as... did we know that Skacel would be as prolific on his return to Hearts.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, VagabondJambo said:

We’re trying to build a winning TEAM!

Given what you say R-J, Lafferty would be a disaster for team-building.
Sure, goals matter, but some on here are so blinkered about Lafferty, have never stopped “grieving” after he left, ignore his baggage, his attitude, and his laziness, and worse still, don’t even consider the impact on our TEAM and OUR club!
Please, Craig (or whoever makes the decision), no, no, no!

Don't worry, it ain't happening anyway mate. 

4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's the new age, millennial Hearts fan. They need to tell us all day, every day, how much they hate Rangers so as not to be seen as mini "huns" whilst giving Celtic and their wonderful supporters pretty much a free ride at the same time. Great isn't it? 

Raging as usual. I suggest a cold beer mate. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

I expect them to do whats best for the club and put egos aside...simples.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Raging as usual. I suggest a cold beer mate. 

Not raging and I don't drink during the week. 👍