Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

13 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Would be delighted if he came back. Don’t think we have the budget available to sign him.

Biggest obstacle to him returning is CL.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

JamboCampbell

Openly wants to come back so money wouldnt be an issue. 100% he improves us and makes Uche earn his corn!

Would ultimately mean the end for Kenna though and would think Maclean would see out 1 more year. If he doesnt cost that much in wages it would be daft to turn it down!

So the headline is Kyle Lafferty wants Hearts return as he says Tynecastle move would be 'ideal'.

Here's a few quotes from that article that suggest otherwise:

"I’m gutted for my daughter that she won’t see me wear the Rangers shirt ... and that’s so hard to take. She’ll never see me play for the team that I love and the one she will support." - So, 'Daddy or chips' will be 'daughter or Hearts'... 🙄

"People don’t realise how big a club they (Hearts) are" - aye, we do!

"We (Rangers) can definitely win the league and go on to win a cup." - you don't ****ing play for them anymore! 

"I’ll watch all the games I can and wherever I am or whatever club I’m with I hope to be free for the last game for Rangers and watch them lift the trophy." - Well you'll no be at this one, ya devious prick!

tokyowalnut
4 minutes ago, Tenor said:

So the headline is Kyle Lafferty wants Hearts return as he says Tynecastle move would be 'ideal'.

"I’m gutted for my daughter that she won’t see me wear the Rangers shirt ... and that’s so hard to take. She’ll never see me play for the team that I love and the one she will support." - So, 'Daddy or chips' will be 'daughter or Hearts'... 🙄

"We (Rangers) can definitely win the league and go on to win a cup." - you don't ****ing play for them anymore! 

"I’ll watch all the games I can and wherever I am or whatever club I’m with I hope to be free for the last game for Rangers and watch them lift the trophy." - Well you'll no be at this one, ya devious prick!

The mention of Hearts in the article comes across more of convenience of not having to move to another country. He's a fud and his interview proves that. 

2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

The mention of Hearts in the article comes across more of convenience of not having to move to another country. He's a fud and his interview proves that. 

:spoton:

17 minutes ago, Prof said:

Why do you say that? I think we don’t have the cash.

KyleLafferty

If that was say Jamie Walker(even though he’s a hearts fan) saying that about Rangers then no one would want him. Lafferty wasn’t that great, turned up against Celtic and that was it.

Smoked-Glass
5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

If that was say Jamie Walker(even though he’s a hearts fan) saying that about Rangers then no one would want him. Lafferty wasn’t that great, turned up against Celtic and that was it.

Scored a bunch though 

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Goals against Hibs, Motherwell, Rangers. Even goals against east fife, something our current strikers couldn't do. He also didn't get much service given how weak the squad was then. 

Would I start him, no I'd rather Washington and Naismith. Would I rather he came on over MacLean, Wighton or Uche... yes. 

He has certainly laid out his stall looking to come back to us. I'd have him back. He is a proven goal scorer.  With a couple of good midfielders coming I think we would be a real team to be reckoned with. 

magicjohnston

Was open to him coming back if it suited our budget...that was until I read the full article that was a complete Rangers love-in! Hopes he is free on last day of the season to see them lift the trophy, wtf! Thanks, but no thanks

chester copperpot

You sure Levein wouldn't want him back.

Levein really likes him from what I am told. I'd like this to happen as him and Washington would be brill up front IMO. 

I can't recall any other Hearts striker who has performed reasonably well, delivered a decent goal-tally yet who at the same time is just so unlikeable.

I've just never taken to him. (on-field or off-field) 

I'm not sure if it's his nasty demeanour, his history of cheating or that awful unionist song that an embarrassing section of our support sing about him that's made me feel this way. I'd be very disappointed if he were to return. 

I get the feeling - based on nothing much - is that Naismith isn't a fan of 'the big man'.

He admits to not trying in training for the team he absolutely loves; he's hardly going to apply himself any better anywhere else.

No thanks.  You made your bed.  Rangers reject.

gashauskis9

He’s a grade A stroker.  I can think of better players to warm our bench than someone who’ll be wearing a full Rangers kit under his Hearts kit just in case by some miracle the team he loves comes back in for him.

Would he improve our squad?  Big time.   Would it give us good options up front?  Yes.  Do I care who he supports?  No.    Get him back in.  

The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Why do you say that? I think we don’t have the cash.

Maybe have an account with the same bookie.

15 minutes ago, Haken said:

I get the feeling - based on nothing much - is that Naismith isn't a fan of 'the big man'.

He admits to not trying in training for the team he absolutely loves; he's hardly going to apply himself any better anywhere else.

No thanks.  You made your bed.  Rangers reject.

Your first paragraph i would say is correct,

i would still have him though.......

15 minutes ago, Haken said:

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Hope we don't make him take another pay cut to come back. The poor lad must be close to minimum wage. 

This.

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Prof said:

Don't think Budge is too keen either.

YouLetYourClubDie

You can't have too many good strikers who score goals at the club so for that reason I do not let who he supports or dafties singing a song put me off. Football wise he would improve us.

Ultimately it is up to Levein and Budge though as they are the only ones who know what went on behind the scenes last time and what he is like as a man.

Rangers reject and just another thing that our fans could divide over.  The only reason he'd come back is not because he wants to, but because the love of his life has chucked him.

jamboiain13
1 hour ago, Tenor said:

the biggest obstacle to bringing this creep back is all of the above...keep this w**k away from our great club and let him rot in his local bookies wearing his replica hun top

TemasekJambo

It is a No for me, we already have 5 strikers. He is 32 soon and I just don't see him looking after himself the same way Naismith or MacLean do. We need to focus our remaining budget on improving the midfield.

Finlay James

With Naismith, Walker, Washington, Ikpeazu, Mulraney, we have plenty of guys who can score and create goals.  Rather than Lafferty, I'd prefer we spent our budget on 2 quality midfielders as that is our weakness right now.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, TemasekJambo said:

It is a No for me, we already have 5 strikers. He is 32 soon and I just don't see him looking after himself the same way Naismith or MacLean do. We need to focus our remaining budget on improving the midfield.

If only he could do what we pay him to do. Score goals. 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

With Naismith, Walker, Washington, Ikpeazu, Mulraney, we have plenty of guys who can score and create goals.  Rather than Lafferty, I'd prefer we spent our budget on 2 quality midfielders as that is our weakness right now.

Spot on.  If we have 5 strikers in a squad that will typically play 1 or 2 max, then it’s a waste of o wage and restricts development through the Academy.  We could sign two solid midfielders at this level for his wage demands.

He's not needed now but I wouldn't lose any sleep over signing a player who loved another club. 

We've had Rangers, Celtic and vermin supporters who have all contributed to the maroon jersey. 

It’s a no for me.

He allegedly pestered the crap out of Levein to get the move to IBROKE... And it hasn’t worked out...

loved the big man when hear but totally PI###D me off that he was desperate to go to the Huns and I can’t stand selling to them or SMeltic !!!

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

The article is a car crash.  Says he wants to come back to us and then rather than asking him about how he feels we will get on this season they ask him about Rangers winning the league.

9 minutes ago, TemasekJambo said:

We have five strikers and only one scores goals regularly. Maybe Walker at a push. We need goals and he provides them. 

4 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Took a pay cut to join Rangers. Shows how much he liked playing for us!

You do realise we got good money for him.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

People forget this. 

Lots of good goals out him too.

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Yes, what's that got to do with him taking a pay cut to join them? People at the time saying he had to go as it was the last big move he would get. Turns out he was getting less than at Hearts

11 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The article is a car crash.  Says he wants to come back to us and then rather than asking him about how he feels we will get on this season they ask him about Rangers winning the league.

Most articles in the Daily Ranger are car crashes. A feeble excuse for a newspaper that’s obsessed with Deidco. 

1 minute ago, MrBones said:

Yes, what's that got to do with him taking a pay cut to join them? People at the time saying he had to go as it was the last big move he would get. Turns out he was getting less than at Hearts

If they can't defend his actions one way, they'll turn around and defend them in an entirely incompatible way.

Dude is cancer. Get him to ****.

2 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

He would be a huge improvement, Craig needs goals and Kyle gives us goals, 

In an ideal world I wouldn't have him back but you're right he does give us goals and one would expect his wage demands to be reasonable given that HE wants to sign for US.  Also I would not want him joining, say, the vermin or Killiie etc and scoring goals against us, especially if they're winning ones.