Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

Picture it:

Last day of season, title decider at ibrox Rangers v Hearts... Hearts need only to draw... 

1-0, 89 mins, lafferty through on an open Rangers goal.... 

Would u trust him not to squaff it into the stands deliberatley? Scoring means denying beloved gers title win etc... 

I wouldn't. 

Edited by muldoon74

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

4forDevries
25 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

His antics at Tynie, last season, means he can go **** himself. IMO. 

Fans need to remember this. I think he could be disruptive to the harmony of the team.

1 hour ago, Tenor said:

So the headline is Kyle Lafferty wants Hearts return as he says Tynecastle move would be 'ideal'.

Here's a few quotes from that article that suggest otherwise:

"I’m gutted for my daughter that she won’t see me wear the Rangers shirt ... and that’s so hard to take. She’ll never see me play for the team that I love and the one she will support." - So, 'Daddy or chips' will be 'daughter or Hearts'... 🙄

"People don’t realise how big a club they (Hearts) are" - aye, we do!

"We (Rangers) can definitely win the league and go on to win a cup." - you don't ****ing play for them anymore! 

"I’ll watch all the games I can and wherever I am or whatever club I’m with I hope to be free for the last game for Rangers and watch them lift the trophy." - Well you'll no be at this one, ya devious prick!

My thoughts after reading this are definitely don't sign him. Would he score the winner for us against Rangers in a cup final....?

1 minute ago, muldoon74 said:

Picture it:

Last day of season, title decider at ibrox Rangers v Hearts... Hearts need only to draw... 

Would u trust him not to squaff it into the stands deliberatley? Denying beloved gers title win etc? 

I wouldn't. 

That's not going to happen. 

He did bang one in top bins from a free kick against them though. Maybe he meant to send that out one of Murrayfield. 

I don't care how much he loves Rangers. To be frank I trust him to score more than any of our current forwards and for that reason I'd love it if he signed for us. Wighton & Keena out on loan and Laff in would be lovely.

Edited by Rooster20

6 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Yes, what's that got to do with him taking a pay cut to join them? People at the time saying he had to go as it was the last big move he would get. Turns out he was getting less than at Hearts

Maybe he did take a pay cut but maybe he also received a big signing-on fee from Rangers plus other benefits.

He would never have been back at Ibroke if we hadn't been happy enough to sell him

Thanks but no thanks from me. If Rangers hadn’t come in and we’d had KL during injury spell our last season would have been different.

Now I think we have more foundations in place, and are better off continuing to build, (under whichever manager).

I'm not convinced he would be the same player, and he was bang average a lot of the time first time out, without the motivation of being able to earn a move back to Rangers.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Maclean couldn’t score in a brothel so what’s the point having him? Bring him on to slow things down as we try to defend a 1-0 lead which we’ll throw away through a silly mistake anyway? He has helped us lose a hell of a lot of games even though he is an “intelligent player, good guy” according to the happy clappers. Give me a Lafferty who has the IQ of a labrador, hates all things green, does **** all for the whole game then bangs in a winner over a Maclean, any day

Pay cut to join Rangers is a belter though 😂 had to have been meaning his move to Hearts. IQ of a Labrador is generous they are smart dogs 

Labradors are lovely, friendly, good-natured dogs, but even for dogs, they're bloody stupid!

4forDevries
30 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

With Naismith, Walker, Washington, Ikpeazu, Mulraney, we have plenty of guys who can score and create goals.  Rather than Lafferty, I'd prefer we spent our budget on 2 quality midfielders as that is our weakness right now.

Spot on. Add in McLean is still clever and Keena is raw hungry talent. No brainer.midfield players needed. Just watch the Aberdeen game again.

Edited by 4forDevries
A

Absolute Scenes

Several things would need to happen before I'd welcome him back

1) he holds a press conference confirming it was a mistake to leave us, and that he shouldn't have left us. Also apologising to Ann Budge and Levein for throwing their help back in his face. Furthermore apologises wholeheartedly about his antics calling himself a walloper on live tv for what he did to us.

2) He makes it clear he's here for the team not for himself, so he trains with the young team for the first month playing only reserve games for that month

3) He vows to commit his future to Hearts and ONLY hearts with no affiliation for any other team. Any mention of said team outwith hearts on Social Media, in the press, anywhere else etc, is an automatic fine in wages

4) He does not conflict with other players and acts as a senior pro, in the mould of Berra, Naismith and the like.

5) He celebrates every goal against Rangers as if it was Celtic he's scored against

6) The wage we provide him will be no more than 3k per week

Call me Lord Sugar

Edited by Absolute Scenes

1 hour ago, jambo19 said:

Goals against Hibs, Motherwell, Rangers. Even goals against east fife, something our current strikers couldn't do. He also didn't get much service given how weak the squad was then. 

Would I start him, no I'd rather Washington and Naismith. Would I rather he came on over MacLean, Wighton or Uche... yes. 

Naismith could be our box to box midfielder we’ve been crying out for a while for with lafferty and Washington up front. Naismith drops deep when he’s upfront anyways so might as well play him there. 

I think senior members of the squad would be asked their opinion on this one...for example, would Naismith be happy with Kyle coming back etc?

Personally, I wouldn't have him back...he may have scored goals, but he brought out the worst of some sections of the support.

Think money would be better spent on some quality in midfield.

Forever Hearts
23 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Yes, what's that got to do with him taking a pay cut to join them? People at the time saying he had to go as it was the last big move he would get. Turns out he was getting less than at Hearts

He would've got a hefty signing on fee with umpteen bonuses attached. 

To all of the eejits desperate to bring this eejit back to Hearts:

Do you remember when our very own young Mr. Cochrane scored a peach of a goal against Celtic? Do you remember him peeling away and starting to run towards the Hearts fans so that he could celebrate his wonderful strike with his own? Do you remember who stopped him from doing this so he could hold him up in front of the Celtic support like some shite pseudo religious get it up ye's?

He belongs in the 20th century, we took a chance on him, gave him all the help he needed, he messed it up. He isn't good enough for a team we are looking to challenge, therefore, if we are serious about wanting to challenge them, he isn't good enough for us.

The Club needs to keep moving forward, signing him again couldn't possibly be considered a forward move.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Sraman said:

Do you remember when our very own young Mr. Cochrane scored a peach of a goal against Celtic? Do you remember him peeling away and starting to run towards the Hearts fans so that he could celebrate his wonderful strike with his own? Do you remember who stopped him from doing this so he could hold him up in front of the Celtic support like some shite pseudo religious get it up ye's?

He belongs in the 20th century, we took a chance on him, gave him all the help he needed, he messed it up. He isn't good enough for a team we are looking to challenge, therefore, if we are serious about wanting to challenge them, he isn't good enough for us.

The Club needs to keep moving forward, signing him again couldn't possibly be considered a forward move.

First guy ever to give a GIRUY to those cuddly Celtic supporters so for that reason I'm out. Plus the fact he wasn't born n bred on Gorgie Road like every other player in our history. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Hampden Demolition

Is he better than Wighton? Yes.

is he better than Keena? Yes.

is he better than Maclean? Yes.

is he better than Uche? Yes.

is he better than Washington? Jury’s out.

this would be a no brainer. I have no concerns about his allegiance to Rangers, he would still do a job for us. Every team needs a maverick!

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

You sure Levein wouldn't want him back.

Levein really likes him from what I am told. I'd like this to happen as him and Washington would be brill up front IMO. 

From what you are told is it true that Naismith can't stand him ?

Would not want to disrupt the harmony in the squad.

Most importantly would we agree to have it written into his contract that he gets time off to go see The Rangers ? 😂

22 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Several things would need to happen before I'd welcome him back

1) he holds a press conference confirming it was a mistake to leave us, and that he shouldn't have left us. Also apologising to Ann Budge and Levein for throwing their help back in his face. Furthermore apologises wholeheartedly about his antics calling himself a walloper on live tv for what he did to us.

2) He makes it clear he's here for the team not for himself, so he trains with the young team for the first month playing only reserve games for that month

3) He vows to commit his future to Hearts and ONLY hearts with no affiliation for any other team. Any mention of said team outwith hearts on Social Media, in the press, anywhere else etc, is an automatic fine in wages

4) He does not conflict with other players and acts as a senior pro, in the mould of Berra, Naismith and the like.

5) He celebrates every goal against Rangers as if it was Celtic he's scored against

6) The wage we provide him will be no more than 3k per week

Call me Lord Sugar

Sounds fair enough to me ☺

Jean Louis Valois

I reckon Levein was more than happy to get rid of him last August.  I very much doubt we will see him in a Hearts strip again.

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Was he better than Wighton? Yes.

Was he better than Keena? Possibly but Keena will only improve (unlike KL)

Was he better than Maclean? . Probably

Was he better than Uche? Totally different type of player

Was he better than Washington? CW will only get better as he settles in

this would be a no brainer. I have no concerns about his allegiance to Rangers, he would still do a job for us. Every team needs a maverick!

Either way KL is yesterdays news, he did nothing of note playing for his beloved sevco, highly unlikely he will be any more motivated playing for anyone else

Jambosteve1902
17 minutes ago, Sraman said:

people need to wake up that cochrane isn't that good. hes okay and has potential needs a loan though cause he's not there yet. 

Edited by Jambosteve1902

16 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

First guy ever to give a GIRUY to those cuddly Celtic supporters so for that reason I'm out. Plus the fact he wasn't born n bred on Gorgie Road like every other player in our history. 

Good for you! I'm sure you'll enjoy the 21st century when you finally get here.

Sexton Hardcastle

The usual twitter goons getting themselves up in arms that some people don’t think he’s a sensible signing.

Jamie_jambo. That boys bloody chronic.

2 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

people need to wake up that cochrane isn't that good. hes okay and has potential needs a loan though cause he's not there yet. 

I'm glad you got the point of my post. Nice to know someone's paying attention.

Jambosteve1902
Just now, Sraman said:

I'm glad you got the point of my post. Nice to know someone's paying attention.

if you post a pointless point in a post, il pick on it :)  

your moaning that fans are excited about bringing a player into the squad who put bums on seats only player in our team who can score the goal he did vs celtic has the ability to win games himself and gives us a good striker,  How dare the fans want that! Im not that arsed either way if he joins but ridiculing people for wanting us to buy a good player is stupid even for you.

24 minutes ago, Sraman said:

It’s a bad day when a Hearts player is criticised for a bit of GIUY in front of the hooped demons.

Personally, i’d write it into players’ contracts as a prerequisite !

In so many ways a pathetically sad character. Sectarian views that belong to another era, attitudes to women that belong to another era, he is a man child who has never grown up. These things don't go unnoticed in any industry, never mind the village that is professional football.

Dealing with addiction is undoubtedly phenomenonally difficult but even when he was in a situation when he was being supported by good people he chose to revert to type. He's nearing the end of his career now and is basically whoring himself in the press trying to get a move. That really doesn't augur well. 

You really have to worry for Kyle Lafferty in the future. 

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

With Naismith, Walker, Washington, Ikpeazu, Mulraney, we have plenty of guys who can score and create goals.  Rather than Lafferty, I'd prefer we spent our budget on 2 quality midfielders as that is our weakness right now.

Naismith is the only one that could possibly score 20+. Walker low double digit if lucky....the others will struggle to get into double figures.

Bunny Munro

KL was only good last year because he wanted to move to Rangers. With that outcome effectively impossible (they're not going to take him for a third time) the motivation is gone as so will (most of the goals). He'll still possibly get into double figures, but the goals will come if and when he wants them to.

A_A wehatethehibs
52 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Picture it:

Would u trust him not to squaff it into the stands deliberatley? Scoring means denying beloved gers title win etc... 

I wouldn't. 

😂 Rangers in a title race, you’re at it. Absurd scenario 

Glamorgan Jambo

If we have the sort of cash that would be needed to sign Lafferty I'd prefer us to get a better keeper. 

Jambosteve1902
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

😂 Rangers in a title race, you’re at it. Absurd scenario 

They'l be closer to title than they are to Aberdeen in 3rd place

Edited by Jambosteve1902

Robbo-Jambo

He is not coming back to Hearts. 

He is seen as a disruptive influence and more trouble than he is worth. 

Steven Naismith can't stand the guy as well which would have been taken into account. 

He is finished at the top level and will most likely move abroad if anyone will take him. 

12 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

if you post a pointless point in a post, il pick on it :)  

your moaning that fans are excited about bringing a player into the squad who put bums on seats only player in our team who can score the goal he did vs celtic has the ability to win games himself and gives us a good striker,  How dare the fans want that! Im not that arsed either way if he joins but ridiculing people for wanting us to buy a good player is stupid even for you.

Yep, you've got the point of my post alright. Good lad.

Robbo-Jambo
11 minutes ago, Jodami said:

In so many ways a pathetically sad character. Sectarian views that belong to another era, attitudes to women that belong to another era, he is a man child who has never grown up. These things don't go unnoticed in any industry, never mind the village that is professional football.

Dealing with addiction is undoubtedly phenomenonally difficult but even when he was in a situation when he was being supported by good people he chose to revert to type. He's nearing the end of his career now and is basically whoring himself in the press trying to get a move. That really doesn't augur well. 

You really have to worry for Kyle Lafferty in the future. 

Good Post. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Boab said:

It’s a bad day when a Hearts player is criticised for a bit of GIUY in front of the hooped demons.

Personally, i’d write it into players’ contracts as a prerequisite !

I think it's more of the reasons why he does this.

He doesn't care about Hearts, he's a rangers fan putting one over Celtic. I think that's what irks, a little.

I don't care either way what he does in front of them either way, but as far as taking him back... not for me. I don't think he'd be value for Money now.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

If we have the sort of cash that would be needed to sign Lafferty I'd prefer us to get a better keeper. 

Yip.

Jambosteve1902
Just now, Sraman said:

Yep, you've got the point of my post alright. Good lad.

still not got the point of you being on kickback though need help with that one. evident troll/slavour.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think it's more of the reasons why he does this.

He doesn't care about Hearts, he's a rangers fan putting one over Celtic. I think that's what irks, a little.

I don't care either way what he does in front of them either way, but as far as taking him back... not for me. I don't think he'd be value for Money now.

Don’t think him coming back would be a good thing either, bud. In fact, i’m dead against it.

Celebrating in front of the green menace ?

👍

37 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Is he better than Wighton? Yes.

is he better than Keena? Yes.

is he better than Maclean? Yes.

is he better than Uche? Yes.

is he better than Washington? Jury’s out.

Spot on 

chester copperpot
33 minutes ago, luckydug said:

From what you are told is it true that Naismith can't stand him ?

Would not want to disrupt the harmony in the squad.

Most importantly would we agree to have it written into his contract that he gets time off to go see The Rangers ? 😂

I have no idea normally what goes on at Hearts so you may be right.

Was told Whelan had signed on saturday so WTF do I know 😂

Just now, Jambosteve1902 said:

still not got the point of you being on kickback though need help with that one. evident troll/slavour.

Mad Buvien oot!!

That better for you?

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, Sraman said:

Mad Buvien oot!!

That better for you?

much of the same terrible patter from you. just leave it there.