Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, the abuse dished out to Rangers and Celtic on here is very even handed. Almost identical. 🙄

The interesting development in the wake of Rangers liquidation is the super sensitivity to everything that is any way critical of them. It's evident here in some posters posing as Hearts fans but only ever posting on Rangers related subjects. Just to be clear I am not referring to you when I say that. 

Rangers and Celtic are both scum, impossible to differentiate as their life views are shaped by history which is utterly irrelevant to football or indeed Scotland. 

On this particular subject, Lafferty was ordinary at Hearts and its difficult to understand why we would take him back a year older and an abject failure at a club he was so motivated to do well at. I hope he goes to another Scottish club, he is mediocre. I very much doubt he will though as the word is out that he's a foolish individual who cannot be trusted. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

58 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Who cares if he scores goals which he does

If he does come back, he'll get my full support but personally, I'd rather we signed players that actually want to play for the club - not just because all of their other options have gone down the plughole. 

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, the abuse dished out to Rangers and Celtic on here is very even handed. Almost identical. 🙄

Start a a new thread about Smeltic if it really upsets you.

Then we can slag them as well.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Start a a new thread about Smeltic if it really upsets you.

Then we can slag them as well.

Just pointing out a fact. No upset here. 

Not for me.

Burnt his bridges and was too quick to turn his back on us after we helped him previously and run along to Ibrox.

Still spouting his usual crap about Rankgers as well.

WheatfieldWarrior
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So Lafferty as a squad player. 

I wouldn't say that necessarily, but I'd like there to be a bit more competition for places up front, not just whoever sets foot outside the ambulance first starts. 

Hampden Demolition

People who don’t want him back are being extremely naive and short-sighted. If he came in and scored goals for the team, that’s all that would matter. I would bet that he would score 15+ this season if he was signed.

Hampden Demolition
Just now, farin said:

How many goals did he score for rangers last season ?. 

Rangers had Defoe and Morelos in front of him. We don’t have that therefore he would be starting more games here.

The White Cockade
32 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

why does it bother you so much?

Jambo, Goodbye

Would score more than Uche imo. 

Plus keeps us from having to play Wighton. 

Naismith might not manage every game this season so we need something else.

Offers something different to what we currently have. 

Loves a goal v Celtic too :)

HoChiMinter
1 hour ago, Paris 84 said:

Please god no!! The last thing we need is encouragement for our sectarian element to have a ‘go-to-song’ which they can belt out with impunity. 

Apart from that, I thought 90% of the time he was hopeless. 

FFS

5 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

People who don’t want him back are being extremely naive and short-sighted. If he came in and scored goals for the team, that’s all that would matter. I would bet that he would score 15+ this season if he was signed.

You are aware of Lafferty's goalscoring record, his season with us is a complete outlier. 

Hampden Demolition
4 minutes ago, farin said:

He also scored more goals than all of our strikers outside Naismith last season.

WheatfieldWarrior
13 minutes ago, farin said:

He Scored one for us against Celitc last season.

Didn't come on for rangers unless they were 2 up.

Byyy The Light

Didn’t celebrate his wonder free kick against them at Murrayfield.

Said something to really piss off our captain then led the celebrations and charge to celebrate in front of their fans at Tynecastle. No respect for the club whatsoever. 

Worse than anything Pressley ever did and folk clamour for this prick back??? He can do one. 

Hampden Demolition
2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

You are aware of Lafferty's goalscoring record, his season with us is a complete outlier. 

How many goals would you expect Uche, Washington, Maclean, Keena and Wighton to get this season?

Scored a few goals for us but seriously he went to 5ft 1 when jumping for a header or just jumped into the defender. Caused himself bookings galore. Move on. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thinking negative is more than the positive. 

Unless he can play central midfield 

SM Sheffield

The club have a limited budget and there are more pressing areas that need addressing in the squad. Midfield options are far more important than bringing back Lafferty. For him to come back strikers would need to be moved on

1 minute ago, Hampden Demolition said:

How many goals would you expect Uche, Washington, Maclean, Keena and Wighton to get this season?

Odd that you would leave Naismith out of that question. I don't rate many of the strikers currently at the club but that doesn't mean I think Lafferty is the answer either. These players are also under contract so I can't see them being paid off to bring in anyone else. 

Cruyff Turn
6 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Said something to really piss off our captain then led the celebrations and charge to celebrate in front of their fans at Tynecastle. No respect for the club whatsoever. 

Worse than anything Pressley ever did and folk clamour for this prick back??? He can do one. 

Berra and Naisy don’t like him so he won’t be back here. 

Hampden Demolition
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Odd that you would leave Naismith out of that question. I don't rate many of the strikers currently at the club but that doesn't mean I think Lafferty is the answer either. These players are also under contract so I can't see them being paid off to bring in anyone else. 

I left Naismith out as he is an automatic starter for us. I’m looking at it from who would be partnering him.

CloustonHMFC

You can bet players like Berra and Naismith would be asked how they feel about him returning if it was to even be considered. Personally think they’d give a flat no so it would be a non starter anyway. 

Hampden Demolition

Bobby

Smith    Souttar  Berra/Halkett   Hicky

Whelan

Walker            Irving

Naismith

Washington Lafferty

Just now, Hampden Demolition said:

I left Naismith out as he is an automatic starter for us. I’m looking at it from who would be partnering him.

Historically he has never clicked with any partner, Lafferty and Isma didn't work with us at all. He is by nature very selfish, choosing to shoot on sight all the time. Assists is not a big feature of his game. He's not the kind of striker you could build a partnership with and that brings its own frustrations in a team. 

Sexton Hardcastle
13 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

aYe buT he PlaYs ThE flUte

4 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Bobby

Whelan

Walker            Irving

Naismith

Washington Lafferty

Intriguing front 2, why is that Michael O'Neil never plays them together up front for NI? 

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

why does it bother you so much?

It doesn't. I just find it a bit odd. 

7 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Bobby

Whelan

Walker            Irving

Naismith

Washington Lafferty

Not gonna lie, love the look of that team...

I am the O/P on this one and I am very surprised at the way this thread has continued to seem never ending, and I have followed it with interest. I dont post often but this one has certainly got a lot of attention.

I would take him back until the end of the season and if all is going well then by all means extend the deal but I would have some strict conditions in place. Whether we pay him per play or not he has to regain our trust. I was gutted when he turned his back on us to become a bench warmer at the bigot brothers after all the help we gave him with his problems. Don't forget it was a huge gamble (taken by Craig and Ann) to bring him here in the first place, luckily it paid off. His goals delighted every one of us and he became a bit of a cult.I honestly think that they did not want him that much, they just did not want us to have his goals and threaten their place in the league.

Yes we miss his goals and so far we have found nobody to replace them with Steven Naismith being the probable exception.

If KL and SN could strike up some kind of partnership and produce 18 each with goals from Walker, and others  and dont forget Craig Halket looks like he will bag more than his fare share. This might bring some of our misfiring signings out of their shell and come good on the things we were promised. 18 each is Sir Rudolph and King Paul territory, a great pairing.

The future is bright, the future is Maroon and white.

Keep the thread going as I am sure there will be more twists to this before it is done.

Hampden Demolition
3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Intriguing front 2, why is that Michael O'Neil never plays them together up front for NI? 

You would need to ask him mate, I don’t manage Northern Ireland.

I think getting him back is a no brainer, clearly a quality player, wages wont be the issue. Would be nice to have all these attacking options for once.

rudi must stay

Need to get some strikers through the exit door before bringing him in surely.

But it's a definate yes. Even for the bench he's worth bringing in

33 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Did you say the same when Rudi Skacel signed for us for the second time?

Why not? I think he will score goals for us.The other returners Naismith and Walker have already scored in the first game.  But not a long expensive deal please!!

WheatfieldWarrior
26 minutes ago, farin said:

You mean 2 seasons ago. 

Start of Last Season, was a cut back from Uche. 

Tynecastle Valhalla

Levein doesn’t want him 

or rather there are other positions more important to fill with quality 

pettigrewsstylist

KL has been straight and clear in the last round of interviews. Up to CL now i suspect. No fee and when someone is that open i suspect not hard to agree terms either! I say get it done. All that chat about striker with provenance in this country and proven over the course etc. We would be idiots not to, budget allowing. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

Levein doesn’t want him 

or rather there are other positions more important to fill with quality 

Is there any quotes suggesting this?  

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Get him back.  He’s made to score goals for hearts.

This!!

33 minutes ago, farin said:

His career stats prove his goals with us were a fluke, there’s nothing to suggest lightning would strike twice with him 2 years on from it tbh. 

Did you say the same about Rudi Skacel before we brought him back?

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

If he does come back, he'll get my full support but personally, I'd rather we signed players that actually want to play for the club - not just because all of their other options have gone down the plughole. 

In the ideal world, agreed. No evidence of our masters doing that though -Djoum? So ill take goals every time.

5 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Did you say the same when Rudi Skacel signed for us for the second time?

Lafferty and Skacel, what a ridiculous comparison. Parking the obvious gulf in talent Skacel played left back at most other clubs, he was an attacking midfielder and then given virtually a free role in his second spell. 

A player who played in 2 Cup winning teams versus a guy who led us to a glorious 6th in the league and was shit in the cup quarter final against Motherwell, his most important game at the club.