Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

if anyone actually believes hed just not try against Rangers you're just naive. he was excellant against them for us at Murrayfield when he played.

He scored a screamer, can’t remember him doing much else if I’m honest.  

I forgot he was even playing when we played them at Ibrox.

There are players who support teams, but his infatuation with them takes it to an uncomfortable level for me.  As mentioned above, if he was clean through in the cup final against them in the last minute of added on time, I’d question the outcome.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

Lafferty would increase our chances of scoring -and winning. 

What has to be considered is, the disruption and work he would cause the Club if he returned.  

Personally, I think it’s what Levein and McPhee are paid for, but given his history I get why they want to steer clear. 

Couldn't be less interested in Cummings. If he did sign (which I very much doubt) it would be a monumental struggle for him to win over the supporters. Unlike Lafferty, I think he’d make no difference to the quality of our squad. 

5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

#topbantz 

It's true though and applies to yourself too.

You might be a Hearts fan but you do have a touch of the diet about you.

I don't think anyone can argue with that after reading your posts.

PaulHartley10

If he's that desperate to return I'm sure he would accept any clauses put in his contract that would enable us to say cheerio. It might make him knuckle down and actually see out his career here.

He won't be signing though purely for the effect it has on some fans.

Dallas Green
4 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I agree with this. After openly saying he took a pay cut to join The Rangurs he sould be happy to take another paycut to rejoin us

He took a paycut to join Rangers from us?

12 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I forgot he was even playing when we played them at Ibrox.

He was played pretty much at left back in a game at Ibrox and put in a hell of a shift. 

Just now, Rave MacPherson said:

Im positive i read that the other day. Cant find it in any article now. I might be talking pish. 

I'd guess that that's true when you include what Norwich were paying him when he was with us. So nett nett, he was on less at them. He's being slightly creative with his rationale at best.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

He took a paycut to join Rangers from us?

So he said anyway, it might be compared to the Hearts wage plus Norwich top up he got through his full season with us. 

Dallas Green
Just now, Rave MacPherson said:

Im positive i read that the other day. Cant find it in any article now. I might be talking pish. 

2 minutes ago, Pagey said:

I'd guess that that's true when you include what Norwich were paying him when he was with us. So nett nett, he was on less at them. He's being slightly creative with his rationale at best.

Just now, Smithee said:

So he said anyway, it might be compared to the Hearts wage plus Norwich top up he got through his full season with us. 

Yeah I suppose that would make sense. I didn't know he was still getting money from Norwich.

Forever Hearts
20 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's not true and the rest of your post is nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Baffled why this is still being debated. 

He is not coming back to Hearts so let's move on with things that matter. 

Correct

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, luckydug said:

:spoton:

Unknown user
39 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Neither did i. Why was that? 

If they don't want him any more paying 70% of his wage is better then paying 100%.

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

This is why i would love to get Wheelan, he would make sure thugs like Brown would not just turn up at Tynie and take liberties. 

It's a damn sight more crucial getting Whelan in than Lafferty. 

Famous 1874

If the finances are right surely a no brainer.

Would be comfortably the best striker at the club. 

Him and Washington up front together with Naisy in behind.

Dallas Green
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If they don't want him any more paying 70% of his wage is better then paying 100%.

I thought his contract expired at Norwich?

Unknown user
Just now, Dallas Green said:

I thought his contract expired at Norwich?

IIRC they released him a year early to sign for us, which would make sense if those payments were the compromise.

Robbo-Jambo
9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

If the finances are right surely a no brainer.

Him and Washington up front together with Naisy in behind.

It's a no brainer that he isn't coming to us. 

33 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Better tell Michael O’Neill (and Austin) that. We’ve got Northern Ireland’s first choice already, or at least the guy that’s ahead of Lafferty. 

Lafferty’s good and has his uses but he’s burnt his bridges with us and folk just need to deal with it. If he was unbelievably good that we could all forgive him, he might have stood a chance. He’s not so that’s that.

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Better tell Michael O’Neill (and Austin) that. We’ve got Northern Ireland’s first choice already, or at least the guy that’s ahead of Lafferty. 

Lafferty’s good and has his uses but he’s burnt his bridges with us and folk just need to deal with it. If he was unbelievably good that we could all forgive him, he might have stood a chance. He’s not so that’s that.

I though Kyle had been completely canned from N.Irelands setup because he’s a massive prick who has burnt his bridges with Michael O’Neill

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

For contribution to the team, yes. I’ll take Uche over Lafferty any day of the week.

In what way surely more goals contributes more 

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Unbelievably good players don't tend to ply their trade in Scottish football. 

2 hours ago, blairdin said:

The pish being spouted by Lafferty and his loyal followers is nauseating. 

There's a simple way to put this to bed. We offer Kyle his dream return to Hearts, say £1500 a week maybe, somewhere in the middle of our wage structure. He doesn't deserve the same as Naismith, Berra, Michael Smith, Whelan if we land him. 

He'll either make his excuses and scuttle off for a dream move somewhere. Or, he'll accept it and I'll respect him for doing so and expect him to play for the badge. 

I predict he'd scuttle off, as he's a hun loving mercenary. 

Isn't that the bottom of our wage structure....?

black stump
On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 16:28, indianajones said:

I dont really like the guy but he is better than what we have. 

that's it for me, cant stand him as a man but he would definitely improve the team, so yes, get him back if possible.

35 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I though Kyle had been completely canned from N.Irelands setup because he’s a massive prick who has burnt his bridges with Michael O’Neill

Every chance that’s true but I thought he was in their last squad.

27 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Unbelievably good players don't tend to ply their trade in Scottish football. 

Agreed, and that’s why we shouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. Not good enough to warrant the bother he’d cause. 

Haven’t Norwich got any more unwanted players they could send out on loan to us? 

Lafferty served a purpose. Cost us £0. Sold him for £690k. Good business for us. Time to put the rumour to bed as he won’t get a second stint in a Maroon jersey unless he buys one for the club shop.

I feel we do need another striker but not him. More pressing needs elsewhere. Thanks for the free money Sevco! 

Horrible,  horrible we don't sign him and he goes no another Scottish club .... And you know he will score against us.....

BackOfTheNet
41 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

In what way surely more goals contributes more 

It’s simple really, Lafferty scored goals but had zero assists. Ikpeazu scored less, yes (in half the games) but he also assisted and played key passes in the lead up to goals. What is obvious also is his ability to create for others. Lafferty couldn’t hold a ball up, Ikpeazu can do that which allows other players to get up the pitch. Ikpeazu can also keep the attention of more than one player, every team doubled up on him last year and that creates more space which Naismith just loves to manoeuvre in, which Naismith’s tally last year shows. Prime example of this was Celtic at home last year, Ikpeazu occupied the attention of 3 defenders, another defender gets dragged away by Naismith’s run and Ikpeazu puts a cross into space for - you know who - Lafferty to score.

Do I like the idea of Lafferty AND Ikpeazu? Of course. Do I think we need it when we have Washington and Naismith as well? Nope. Back to my original point with that then is, I would prefer Ikpeazu alongside Washington and Naismith than Lafferty alongside them. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

This. The same reason he never made it at Rangers is the same reason he won’t play for NI. 

3 hours ago, Pagey said:

Pretty sure, and I might be wrong but just what I've heard, is that Norwich paid that money during his first season with  us and from then on, we were paying his full (albeit drastically reduced) wage 

If Kyle really wants to come back, we cheeky wee 'crawl over broken glass to play for the famous' statement could work wonders :D 

Brighton Jambo
8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Agree with the bit in bold.  No idea what that's got to do with Lafferty though!

With respect tell me one team anywhere in top leagues that starts a game with three out and out centre forwards (even if Naismith players in behind) and an attacking winger.  It’s fantasy football stuff that isn’t real world and is just another massive drain on our playing budget that could be used for strengthening the midfield. 

Keep that numpty away from this club, the club did everything to help him when he had problems and he could not leave quick enough to join THE rangers

Lafferty or Louis Moult who is available on loan from Preston

Moult in a heartbeat....there are players out there without the baggage

7 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Yeah I suppose that would make sense. I didn't know he was still getting money from Norwich.

He wasn't but people post anything to justify their posts

2 hours ago, OTT said:

If Kyle really wants to come back, we cheeky wee 'crawl over broken glass to play for the famous' statement could work wonders :D 

With who?

Also for the avoidance of doubt IMO ‘Kyle’ can go and **** himself. 

Edited by Paris 84

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Lafferty or Louis Moult who is available on loan from Preston

Moult in a heartbeat....there are players out there without the baggage

Would love it if we went for Moult. 

1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Would love it if we went for Moult. 

As would I...and there is an unnamed Scottish Premiership club in for him

Sadly not us I fear

Robbo-Jambo
15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

As would I...and there is an unnamed Scottish Premiership club in for him

Sadly not us I fear

Probably Aberdeen. 

On 06/08/2019 at 13:45, benny said:

Laughable comparison.Could have been worse though.You could have compared him with Robbo. 

On 06/08/2019 at 13:02, Robbo-Jambo said:

You are actually comparing Rudi to Lafferty. 😂😂😂

I am not suggesting Lafferty is the same quality as Rudi but the poster I was responding to was stating that we shouldnt sign Lafferty again because he hadnt scored many goals for his previous clubs.

That was the same as Rudi so in my opinion it was a fair comparrison to make. In fact Rudi didnt score many goals for any of the other clubs he played for during his career with the exception of Hearts.

Some clubs just suit certain players. That was the case with Hearts and Rudi and I am sure if Lafferty came back here he would score goals as he did the first time he was here.

2 minutes ago, farin said:

Rudi wasn’t signed as a goal scorer lafferty was, both completely different players & both loved for different reasons too. 

The second time he was signed as a goalscorer without a doubt.

In fact some may argue thats all he did the second time he was with us. There are a few games I can remember where he went missing and then all of a sudden smashed a 30 yarder into the back of the net.

How were both loved for different reasons? Both were loved for scoring goals were they not?

You speak to any Hearts fan about Rudi and the first thing that comes to mind is the goals he scored.

Edited by Lambo85

I'd rather have Washington.

Lafferty is just a big headed dickhead at times, and can let the team down. I haven't seen anything to suggest Washington has an attitude problem, and he works really hard for the team. Of course goals are all that matter, and don't think Washington will be a goal virgin for long.

Time will tell...

2 minutes ago, kila said:

I'd rather have Washington.

Lafferty is just a big headed dickhead at times, and can let the team down. I haven't seen anything to suggest Washington has an attitude problem, and he works really hard for the team. Of course goals are all that matter, and don't think Washington will be a goal virgin for long.

Time will tell...

I agree. He (Washington) will bang one in this weekend. Mortgage on it!