• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't worry, it ain't happening anyway mate. 

Yes far better to have those goal machines Uche and McLean.

The White Cockade
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Not raging and I don't drink during the week. 👍

yet you continually bring it up?

don't think I've ever see a post on here supporting Celtic or wanting them to do well

it's Old Firm mentality to think if anybody slags Rangers they are pro Celtic and vice versa

That's how they think as to them everybody must be Celtic or Rangers

there seem to be a few people on here that act like that which is strange if they are Hearts fans

NaturalOrder74

20 goal a season striker alongside Naismith Washington and Walker, that’s an absolute force of an attacking team, I understand the midfield has to be a priority but how anyone could say no to Lafferty because he might upset the dressing room is a load of pish, we’re desperate for a Lafferty in our team for the big games against hibs / Celtic etc 

6 hours ago, Section Q said:

My thoughts after reading this are definitely don't sign him. Would he score the winner for us against Rangers in a cup final....?

Precisely!

51 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I believe that’s a reason why this may not happen tbh

I'm not believing that our signing policy now depends on what a bunch of 14 year old laddies sing at the match! 

Maybe just maybe our playing budget is accounted for and it doesn't matter if he is a good influence or goes battling in Portugal.

Just thinking out loud.

Robbo-Jambo
11 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Don't think that's what he said. A comparison would be two similar type players, which of course they are not. I read it as... did we know that Skacel would be as prolific on his return to Hearts.

See what you are saying. 

Lucky Rudi  was don't think Lafferty would as he said he was a poor trainer and didn't get picked by Gerrard. 

If he loves them as much as he said why didn't he get his finger out on the training field!!!! 

His season with us was a rare amount of goals for him when you look at his other seasons goals wise. 

Personally I think he is finished because if his desire was poor at Ibrox what's he going to be like elsewhere. 

The other big factor is personalities. Rudi was loved by everyone but Lafferty is disruptive and hard work to keep on track. Added onto that the likes of Berra and Naismith don't like him and we want a tight knitted squad. 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

yet you continually bring it up?

don't think I've ever see a post on here supporting Celtic or wanting them to do well

it's Old Firm mentality to think if anybody slags Rangers they are pro Celtic and vice versa

That's how they think as to them everybody must be Celtic or Rangers

there seem to be a few people on here that act like that which is strange if they are Hearts fans

Again, you miss the point. There's a Rangers obsession on here that can't be denied whereas Celtic barely get a mention. Nothing to do with praising one over the other or accusing Hearts fans of supporting one of the Old Firm. I'll leave that for the millennials that populate the board with their hysterical banter. 

If Hearts management don't want him then that's their choice. If they are thinking about it and the stories going around that Naismith or Berra don't care much for him then Hearts would have to talk with both of them first to gauge their responses and all parties would have to think of the best interests of the team. Yes, he wants to return but if he knew Naismith or Berra weren't keen on him then I think he'd not want to return. And since when did players have more say than management anyway? We've all had work colleagues we can't be bothered with, football's no different. Gary Mackay and Levein didn't get on. Everyone would need to sit down and throw their tuppence-worth in and see how it pans out.

On the subject of wher he might end up....not sure McInnes at Aberdeen would want anything to do with him, if he didn't re-sign for us then he may well end up at Easter Rd (and score winners against us). My bet would be the likes of Motherwell. They would be my favoured choice followed by Kilmarnock. Hamilton....nah, St Mirren....mm, (very) outside chance, Ross County, St Johnstone, Livingston...just can't see him at any of them.

Unknown user

There's a Rangers obsession on here that can't be denied whereas Celtic barely get a mention. 

:spoton:

I don't know why we quietly put up with the hun sympathisers to be quite honest.

The White Cockade
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Again, you miss the point. There's a Rangers obsession on here that can't be denied whereas Celtic barely get a mention. Nothing to do with praising one over the other or accusing Hearts fans of supporting one of the Old Firm. I'll leave that for the millennials that populate the board with their hysterical banter. 

thats's your opinion but it's not fact

and it obviously bothers you whatever you say

and as for millennials I thought they were the ones singing the dodgy songs?

very few millennials on here anyway

11 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

20 goal a season striker alongside Naismith Washington and Walker, that’s an absolute force of an attacking team, I understand the midfield has to be a priority but how anyone could say no to Lafferty because he might upset the dressing room is a load of pish, we’re desperate for a Lafferty in our team for the big games against hibs / Celtic etc 

He has never been a 20 goal per season striker in his entire career 

Robbo-Jambo
6 minutes ago, Prof said:

Yes far better to have those goal machines Uche and McLean.

Look at his goal record over his career and maybe it was a one off. 

He also admitted that he didn't do enough at Ibrox on the training field. Bit strange that considering how much he loves that club. 

Plus he is disruptive and the likes of Berra and Naismith can't stand him. 

Why ***** up a squad that are pretty close knit to allow him back in. 

He couldn't get away quick enough from Tynecastle. 

Hectormasson
9 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I'm not believing that our signing policy now depends on what a bunch of 14 year old laddies sing at the match! 

Exactly!!!

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

If Hearts management don't want him then that's their choice. If they are thinking about it and the stories going around that Naismith or Berra don't care much for him then Hearts would have to talk with both of them first to gauge their responses and all parties would have to think of the best interests of the team. Yes, he wants to return but if he knew Naismith or Berra weren't keen on him then I think he'd not want to return. And since when did players have more say than management anyway? We've all had work colleagues we can't be bothered with, football's no different. Gary Mackay and Levein didn't get on. Everyone would need to sit down and throw their tuppence-worth in and see how it pans out.

On the subject of wher he might end up....not sure McInnes at Aberdeen would want anything to do with him, if he didn't re-sign for us then he may well end up at Easter Rd (and score winners against us). My bet would be the likes of Motherwell. They would be my favoured choice followed by Kilmarnock. Hamilton....nah, St Mirren....mm, (very) outside chance, Ross County, St Johnstone, Livingston...just can't see him at any of them.

Don't think it's a case of players dictating to the management about signing players.

Senior pros will, rightly, be asked if, based on experience, they think a player would be a good fit in the dressing room.

Model pros like Berra and Naismith would not let their own personal feelings affect what they thought was best for the team

joondalupjambo
6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

For some strange reason I was thinking Sunderland.  I might have been dreaming but that team keeps coming to mind.  

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Naismith has no time or respect for him. 

He is a massive influence in the team and the club and don't think he would be overjoyed at his return and CL will know this. 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You’re unbelievable.

Dry your eyes.

Ffs start a thread about them.

I detest both arse cheeks equally. I hope this helps.

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Look at his goal record over his career and maybe it was a one off. 

He also admitted that he didn't do enough at Ibrox on the training field. Bit strange that considering how much he loves that club. 

Plus he is disruptive and the likes of Berra and Naismith can't stand him. 

Why ***** up a squad that are pretty close knit to allow him back in. 

He couldn't get away quick enough from Tynecastle. 

Because they don't score goals. They can f'n hate each other for all I care. Our strikers are not scoring. I'm not saying Lafferty is the answer but we need someone playing up front who can score goals. We should be getting someone in otherwise we are going to be over reliant on Naisy, again. IMO.

However if it's true that Naismith and Laffeerty don't get on and we could only have one of them it would be Naismith all day everyday

Edited by Jamhammer

6 hours ago, Section Q said:

My thoughts after reading this are definitely don't sign him. Would he score the winner for us against Rangers in a cup final....?

Deary me. You saying he would deliberately miss ?😂😂😂. Put the crayons away. Unbelievable. 

Forever Hearts
27 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:spoton:

I don't know why we quietly put up with the hun sympathisers to be quite honest.

Or the boring Sevco moon howlers. 

Forever Hearts
17 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Deary me. You saying he would deliberately miss ?😂😂😂. Put the crayons away. Unbelievable. 

They are genuinely deranged. 😂

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, NB GIN said:

No idea but he scored 19 last time and there isn’t anyone at the club who will do that apart from possibly Naismith 

no brainer go get him 

Bring him back and he almost certainly won't do that again himself. Four of the 19 were in the league cup group stage. 12 goals is all he managed in the league, and not a single assist. No real reason to expect he'd even match that if he came back, given he's a couple of years older and doesn't exactly seem to have been a dedicated pro as far as looking after himself's concerned in the meantime. 

Robbo-Jambo
35 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Because they don't score goals. They can f'n hate each other for all I care. Our strikers are not scoring. I'm not saying Lafferty is the answer but we need someone playing up front who can score goals. We should be getting someone in otherwise we are going to be over reliant on Naisy, again. IMO.

However if it's true that Naismith and Laffeerty don't get on and we could only have one of them it would be Naismith all day everyday

Well I think there is time to sort that when Naismith and Washington are fully fit and hopefully a couple of decent midfielders come in.

Yeah I do think we could do with someone else in as well that can   score goals but think that is very unlikely tbh. It would be a real bonus if we did though.

There is a chance, a big chance that Lafferty wouldnt would repeat that number of goals again when you look at his overall scoring record throughout his career.

Plus he claims he loves Rangers too bits but didn't do enough at training to deserve more game time.

A really strange admission  that makes him look a bit daft.

Why didn't he up his attitude and desire if he was so desperate to play for his beloved Sevco.

I personally think a close dressing room will unite the club and players will go that extra mile for their team mates.

If they all ******* hate each other don't think that would happen imo.

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

People who don’t want him back are being extremely naive and short-sighted. If he came in and scored goals for the team, that’s all that would matter. I would bet that he would score 15+ this season if he was signed.

You'd almost certainly lose that bet!

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Or the boring Sevco moon howlers. 

It's perfectly acceptable for hearts fans to have contempt for other football teams mate. I'm completely at peace with sympathisers not liking it. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

It's perfectly acceptable for hearts fans to have contempt for other football teams mate. I'm completely at peace with sympathisers not liking it. 

There's contempt and then there's obsession. You and the other Sevco moon howlers definitely fall into the latter category, mate. 

Unknown user

There's contempt and then there's obsession. You and the other Sevco moon howlers definitely fall into the latter category, mate. 

Ah well, we'll find a way to carry on without your approval I'm sure. 

I'll let you get back to your "what about Celtic?" shite.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ah well, we'll find a way to carry on without your approval I'm sure. 

I'll let you get back to your "what about Celtic?" shite.

And I'll let you get back to your Sevco moon howling. 

1 hour ago, TweedbankJambo said:

I'd have him back, he'd score goals. Simples. 

Lafferty will want a decent wage. Would prefer we spent that money getting a couple of CMs in. 

1 hour ago, It should have been ten said:

Cue the Levein haters......

I reckon it will Budge that will have put the brakes on any Lafferty transfer. 

SuperstarSteve

Washington will hit 15 this season. He is our main man. Back him untill it’s clear he’s no good enough to wear maroon. Lafferty can **** right off.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Gambling addictions and sending snaps of your tadger are not in keeping with the vision of a family friendly club.   It aint gonna happen.

Hearts supported him through the gambling addiction. 

TyphoonJambo

Last interview with Anne she admitted to only ever hsving blocked one transfer suggestion. I guess is its this one. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Fun Boaby said:

...and Ann paid his debts off for him. 

So I guess she wasn't too concerned about this family friendly image. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

So I guess she wasn't too concerned about this family friendly image. 

By supporting an employee in difficulty I'd say she was

andythejambo

Nah....not for me.... the line about "No matter where I end up, .....desperate to see Rangers lift the title....etc" What if that depended on the result in a match v Hearts ? Would doubt his commitment.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

By supporting an employee in difficulty I'd say she was

Yes, but if she was really concerned she would've sacked him. 

Heartsofgold
22 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And I'll let you get back to your Sevco moon howling. 

It’s certainly easy to see which one of the two arse cheeks you recognise with. 

Personally I despise both of them equally and would gladly celebrate they day of their demise/exit from Scottish football circles. 

The Future's Maroon
30 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Do you ever post anything about Hearts? It’s constant defending of The Rangers...no wonder people bite.

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

On what grounds?  That he had gambling debts?  Good luck with that one.

I'd personally like to see him back.  He's got a lot of quality about him and can score goals, something which our forwards don't seem to do very much. 

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Dont know how it is in Scotland but here in Mass and other states you cant fire an employee for having a bad habit. You need to attempt to help them first.

I'd have Lafferty every day of the week over Uche we would be mad not to offer him a 1 year deal purely as an impact sub if anything

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Do you ever post anything about Hearts? It’s constant defending of The Rangers...no wonder people bite.

By saying plenty on here are obsessed with them is defending them? At least try and be original. And I post plenty about Hearts which you'll see unless your eyes are painted on. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

RedStarRiot

I'd take him back but we appear to have lots of options up front. Shame none of them actually score goals except Naismith. 

21 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Washington will hit 15 this season. He is our main man. Back him untill it’s clear he’s no good enough to wear maroon. Lafferty can **** right off.

Correct. How can anyone want Lafferty back after the shite at the start of last season? Especially when the guy keeping him out of the NI team hasn’t had a chance to prove himself. 

Heard from a good source that his “drop in wages” was due to Rangers settling his personal financial debt to Ann Budge, something he used as a bargaining tool to get to Rangers. Very selective quotations coming from the Lafferty camp there. Ann didn’t appreciate being blackmailed so I’d say there may well be another pretty important no vote. 

Robbo-Jambo
24 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

This. Give Washington a chance Ffs. 

Let's see where he is when Naismith and him are fully fit and hopefully another 1 or 2 midfielders are in. 

Least he will give his all every game whereas Lafferty used to pick and choose to play when he could be arsed.