skwif1

Kyle Lafferty.

Bozi

My stance hasn't changed, he is an idiot, a one man sideshow, he appeals to the worst element of our support and he ditched us the second TheRangers came sniffing.

But...he scores in big games, he was exceptional when we pressed Celtic high, he hates the Hibs as well, plus he wasn't afraid to take a chance. Right now we would be off our head to pass a player like that up.

Sure Naismith and Washington should be excellent, but so far they haven't been fit enough to show that and we have had to play 

Maclean,Wighton,Keena and Uche, who are all not good enough to take us forwards 

Peebo

He’d score the goals that would keep us up. Not sure who else is going to. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Fairly sure Naismith scores at a better rate than lafferty. Fairly sure if he sold his soul to Celtic instead of rangers he wouldn't have a persistent thread on here.

pity he’s made of glass.  

Cruyff

Start of the season, nope, wouldn’t touch him with Ron Jeremy’s.

Now, as a short term option until the summer. ****ing right I’d take him. 

Wouldn’t have him beyond that but he’d certainly do a job short term.

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Fairly sure Naismith scores at a better rate than lafferty. Fairly sure if he sold his soul to Celtic instead of rangers he wouldn't have a persistent thread on here.

How many goals has he scored? If he bangs in two then is injured for 5 months I'd imagine his strike rate would look good. If a 20 goal striker sold his soul to isis I'd take him back considering our striking options. 

SuperstarSteve

Didn’t want him to leave but don’t want him back.

Budge won’t entertain him and his antics and stendel won’t want anymore lazy *******s that don’t fit his system. 

Washington is better suited and I think he will come good, I agree with others we need someone else. 

Juanma and goncalves got same league goals as lafferty and Olly lee was involved in more goals in his season with us than lafferty was.

Nobody wants them back so I personally don’t get the lafferty love in, he is not worth the hassle and the goals he scored was for his move to rangers he won’t have that motivation this time around. 

jonnothejambo
16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Start of the season, nope, wouldn’t touch him with Ron Jeremy’s.

Now, as a short term option until the summer. ****ing right I’d take him. 

Wouldn’t have him beyond that but he’d certainly do a job short term.

Ron Jeremy these days would be like trying to put marshmallows in a piggy bank.

Edited by jonnothejambo

Cruyff
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:just thumb it in. 

busby1985

The man scores goals and clicked with us. He is a nutter tho. I’d take him back. 

Sir Gio

He's fit and he scores goals. We don't have anyone, anyone, like that

Busby8

No brainer.

Sure he's got a bit of an edge, but that's what makes him a top striker.

Fine, if Stendel can unearth someone better in the January window, but this guy knows the club and is tried and tested.

Why take the chance with another Vanacek ?

We will get one shot at signing a proven goalscorer.

If we sign another dud, and Naismith remains a bit player through to the end of the season, we could find it extremely difficult to get out of our current predicament.

Edited by Busby8

Pans Jambo

Stendel wont even know him.

Stendel will have his own ideas as to who he wants.

Adam_the_legend
2 hours ago, The rat catcher said:

Ah the good old days.

😍😍😍

Adam_the_legend
37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He's fit and he scores goals. We don't have anyone, anyone, like that

Fit AND scores goals?! Will never catch on at hearts 🙄

wavydavy
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Perhaps some of these guys. The only issue is that they are still under contract until the end of the season and not sure Barnsley will be easy to deal with.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/the-out-of-contract-barnsley-players-daniel-stendel-could-nab-for-hearts-on-a-free/ar-AAK3vDR

Jason Dufner

Can’t believe anyone would have watched the team this season and seriously say they wouldn’t take him.

He’d be a massive improvement on what we are currently fielding up front 

Robbo-Jambo
8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Exactly. 

Pans Jambo
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Exactly. 

Don't look back because that's not where we are going (not my quotation).

jonnothejambo
41 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Austin McPhee knows all about Lafferty.....

wavydavy
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Austin McPhee knows all about Lafferty.....

Fortuantely Austin McPhee is working from home these days trying to offload some of the deadwood CL and him signed to allow Daniel Stendel to hopefully bring in the players he wants.

I would sincerely hope that Stendel has his own list of players rather than take advice from anyone still at the club that shouldn't be.

JFK-1
3 hours ago, jambodoug said:

Out of contract at the end of January 2020.

Contract expires: 31.12.2019

stotty
54 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I agree, but availability will be very limited in January. Stop gap might make sense. Certainly better than Maclean, Keena and Uche. 

JFK-1
3 hours ago, kila said:

Do we really think a 32 year old striker playing for a pish Norwegian side is the solution?

I'm just wondering if they're so pish they're bottom of their league because they can't score goals.

jonnothejambo
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Fortuantely Austin McPhee is working from home these days trying to offload some of the deadwood CL and him signed to allow Daniel Stendel to hopefully bring in the players he wants.

I would sincerely hope that Stendel has his own list of players rather than take advice from anyone still at the club that shouldn't be.

Let's hope his advice on who should go is sound then....

Pans Jambo
22 minutes ago, stotty said:

I agree, but availability will be very limited in January. Stop gap might make sense. Certainly better than Maclean, Keena and Uche. 

I dont disagree and I would welcome him for the rest of the season but I think Stendel is his own man and will be planning for longer than that.

Leveins Battalion

Just a hunch but I think Stendel will be looking for younger players ie 21-25 ish.

If any club has learned the hard way of being a last pay day for old pro's its HMFC under Levein.

Would expect arrivals to be a mixture of lower leagues of England and Germany and some loans.

stotty
8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I dont disagree and I would welcome him for the rest of the season but I think Stendel is his own man and will be planning for longer than that.

Yeah agree, but we are in desperate need of goals and none of our fit strikers are capable of scoring them. Hopefully get Naismith and Washington back soon though. 

farin

That ship has sailed ... 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

😍😍😍

Geez. That video seems so long ago. Someone send it to DS twitter lol

wavydavy
31 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Let's hope his advice on who should go is sound then....

I would fancy that Stendel has already told him and I am more than confident that it will be better advice than that coming from CL or AM.

pettigrewsstylist

Its old pros carrying injuries and young blokes with weak pedigrees that have got us to here.

Happy to see some money spent on proven goalscorer who would not need 2 yrs to turn in a performance tbh.

dougal

Until Washington and/or Naismith is fit we need someone in who can lead the line and score goals. Beggars can't be choosers. And right now we're beggars. A short term deal and see how he goes is surely the way to go. Unless Stendel has someone in mind that he's certain will sign it seems to me at least an option that we should surely explore.

Jamhammer

Knows the club. Scores goals. No brainer if available. You only have to look at the top 10 goals. Always thought he took shots on too early but I was always wrong.

Cummings, Griffiths or him I’d  take him

jonnothejambo
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I would fancy that Stendel has already told him and I am more than confident that it will be better advice than that coming from CL or AM.

I agree...

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

🙄🤷‍♂️ no we don’t need 20 goal a season strikers who would jump at the chance to play for us in our predicament.. your entitled to your opinion.. even if it’s completely bizarre

A 20 goal a season striker would be lovely! I doubt anyone would disagree with that. It would be harder to sign one if we go spending money on Kyle Lafferty though, so probably best not to sign him!

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think he’d score us 10 goals and is better than anyone we have “available”

He'd be more likely to score about 5 and contribute absolutely nothing else. I'd hope we could find better than that.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Bozi said:

My stance hasn't changed, he is an idiot, a one man sideshow, he appeals to the worst element of our support and he ditched us the second TheRangers came sniffing.

But...he scores in big games, he was exceptional when we pressed Celtic high, he hates the Hibs as well, plus he wasn't afraid to take a chance. Right now we would be off our head to pass a player like that up.

Sure Naismith and Washington should be excellent, but so far they haven't been fit enough to show that and we have had to play 

Summed it up perfectly, needs must. I wonder if CL wishes he has brought him back in the summer.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

If we did sign KL would we need to relax Macphees house arrest to give him a cuddle every day?

Salad Fingers
4 hours ago, The rat catcher said:

Ah the good old days.

Aye "no thanks" indeed :gok:

JCR

Wasn’t it already suspected the one football matter Budge overruled Levein on was Lafferty?

As mentioned, that ship has sailed. 

JFK-1

Lafferty is a proven goal scorer and anyone who thinks they can sign another of his quality in this window without it costing an arm and a leg is delusional. This is a time of year clubs are looking for such proven quality for a title push or a relegation battle. They're not going to be unloading it.

Lafferty may be available with no transfer fee. It's the best you're going to get in this situation unless you have mountains of cash to splash which Hearts don't.

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Snooker with a piece of string.

Dunks

Been shite since he left, so hopefully stays away. Can do better with the money.

JFK-1
2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Been shite since he left, so hopefully stays away. Can do better with the money.

So who do you have in mind who wouldn't cost a large transfer fee?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I’d be tempted although us going back to him would be yet another example of what a joke we are

Mr Rabbit
3 hours ago, Bozi said:

This man represents my views

Taffin

I'd love to him back.

Mauricio Pinilla
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

So who do you have in mind who wouldn't cost a large transfer fee?

There will be players out there. Surprisingly, the world is full of players who didn't previously play for Hearts. Someone raising concerns about a signing doesn't have to come with a specific player to replace him. 

OTT

He's never getting back to the hun. 6 month deal because he now needs to prove himself. 

The motivation that might give him to the end of the season could be frightening. 

I frankly don't care what element of the support gets a half chub over the prospect of singing about flutes again.