Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

“The manager has judged me in training and clearly that’s prevented me getting more games. The reality now is that I won’t wear that blue jersey again or play for that incredible support and it’s a horrible feeling."

:yucky:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, Longshanks said:

“The manager has judged me in training and clearly that’s prevented me getting more games. The reality now is that I won’t wear that blue jersey again or play for that incredible support and it’s a horrible feeling."

:yucky:

He actually admitted he could have done more in training to have a chance of regular games. 

He obviously couldn't be bothered and that's for a club that means the world to him. 

He really is a bit of a numpty. 😕

The Future's Maroon
9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

By saying plenty on here are obsessed with them is defending them? At least try and be original. And I post plenty about Hearts which you'll see unless your eyes are painted on. 

Try and be original, your the one that takes threads off track if someone has a dig at Sevco, I didn’t claim you were one of them, I’d hope not.

If it bothers you that much just ignore it, constantly trying to defend them is only goin to get more folk nipping your head.

Anyway, Laff.....I would like the player back, not the baggage that comes with it unfortunately as he is the type of player we need on the park....but with issues with Berra/Naismith I just can’t see it happening.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
30 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Hearts supported him through the gambling addiction. 

We should tell him to stick a score on him being told to get to ****, then. 

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He actually admitted he could have done more in training to have a chance of regular games. 

He obviously couldn't be bothered and that's for a club that means the world to him. 

He really is a bit of a numpty. 😕

Exactly, also Levein said this after he left - 

“To be fair, he had already made it clear that he wanted to go back to Rangers, and he’s started well there. He’s scored a few goals already.

“When I watch him, he runs about like mad, you know? He only ever did that for us against Celtic"

Even Levein can see he only ever bothered his arse for us when we were playing celtic, it's embarrassing.  Obviously the billy boys love him though.

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

He may well yet sign for us. Gut feeling only. Unless he was the one Ann said a definite no to!

It will more than likely be him, the only other player i could think of her saying no to who we have been linked with is cummings for his attitude

Jean Louis Valois

I reckon Levein was more than happy to get rid of him last August.  I very much doubt we will see him in a Hearts strip again, I hope not anyway.

coatbridgejambo

I'd take him in place of uche but that's not going to happen.no room for both imo

pettigrewsstylist
51 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Washington will hit 15 this season. He is our main man. Back him untill it’s clear he’s no good enough to wear maroon. Lafferty can **** right off.

Presumably total appearances

Famous 1874

Spoke to a player at the club who said he would be shocked if he came back. Also seemed to rubbish claims that Naisy and him don’t quite see eye to eye.

pettigrewsstylist
30 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

I'd take him back but we appear to have lots of options up front. Shame none of them actually score goals except Naismith. 

They just need time. Long term Injuries, young, long term out game, not confident, different country, need to bulk up, eating pies on facebook..but see when they all start putting a shift in.. . ..worldbeaters...cannae wait!!

In the meantime some proven quality would be nice, agreed.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I reckon Levein was more than happy to get rid of him last August.  I very much doubt we will see him in a Hearts strip again, I hope not anyway.

I think so aswell. If fee as reported then i figured it was a no brainer for us. To then get him back for zilch...after the big Dave fiasco Craig must really not want KL if not talking.

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Well I think there is time to sort that when Naismith and Washington are fully fit and hopefully a couple of decent midfielders come in.

Yeah I do think we could do with someone else in as well that can   score goals but think that is very unlikely tbh. It would be a real bonus if we did though.

There is a chance, a big chance that Lafferty wouldnt would repeat that number of goals again when you look at his overall scoring record throughout his career.

Plus he claims he loves Rangers too bits but didn't do enough at training to deserve more game time.

A really strange admission  that makes him look a bit daft.

Why didn't he up his attitude and desire if he was so desperate to play for his beloved Sevco.

I personally think a close dressing room will unite the club and players will go that extra mile for their team mates.

If they all ******* hate each other don't think that would happen imo.

I get where you’re coming from but, for me they can be best pals but not perform on the pitch and that’s nae use to us currently.

The pressure is always just a bad result away these days and we’ve had our share in the last 12 months.

I think we’re becoming a bit too nice. We need a couple of arseholes in the team. Naismith is really all we’ve got nasty wise.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Goals in all competitions. 

Big shout at this stage. Heres hoping! 👍

kingantti1874
22 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Exactly, also Levein said this after he left - 

“To be fair, he had already made it clear that he wanted to go back to Rangers, and he’s started well there. He’s scored a few goals already.

“When I watch him, he runs about like mad, you know? He only ever did that for us against Celtic"

Even Levein can see he only ever bothered his arse for us when we were playing celtic, it's embarrassing.  Obviously the billy boys love him though.

I think levein was a bit tongue in cheek there, he scored big goals at important times for us.. not only against Celtic.. memorable goals against hibs and rangers as well

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I get where you’re coming from but, for me they can be best pals but not perform on the pitch and that’s nae use to us currently.

The pressure is always just a bad result away these days and we’ve had our share in the last 12 months.

I think we’re becoming a bit too nice. We need a couple of arseholes in the team. Naismith is really all we’ve got nasty wise.

Do you really think Lafferty is nasty Jam, never ever thought that watching him. There's more nastiness in a Steven Maclean. Lafferty just came across as a bit vacant, motivated against Celtic of course but missing in too many games against lesser teams. These are the games we really need goalscorers in. 

I think it comes down to if we trust him to do the business. When he was here, in hindsight we know it was all to get a move to the huns. With that incentive taken away can we really guarantee a motivated Lafferty?

Ball is fully in Leveins court on this one I think. 

I do want to see Lafferty and Uche upfront again though, against Celtic they were causing their back 4 issues. 

If Naismith genuinely doesn't want to work with him, I could see that bulleting the move tbh.

Also, if Budge genuinely knocked Levein back from signing Lafferty because of the element of the support that he seems to awaken, I'd say that is extremely poor form. Levein is the one in charge of footballing matters. The only way Budge could ever KB a signing is if price wise it was too much. Anything beyond that and IMO she's overstepping. 

SuperstarSteve
8 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Big shout at this stage. Heres hoping! 👍

Huge shout. Especially when I don’t think he’s ever hit the 15 mark before. 

Only time will tell but as you say here’s hoping! 

Who_put_the_ball_in...

Levein likes players that run around and work hard. Sometimes you need someone to stick the ball in the net and Kyle did that 19 times in a season. We must have had some amount of games against Celtic.

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think it comes down to if we trust him to do the business. When he was here, in hindsight we know it was all to get a move to the huns. With that incentive taken away can we really guarantee a motivated Lafferty?

I do want to see Lafferty and Uche upfront again though, against Celtic they were causing their back 4 issues. 

If Naismith genuinely doesn't want to work with him, I could see that bulleting the move tbh.

Also, if Budge genuinely knocked Levein back from signing Lafferty because of the element of the support that he seems to awaken, I'd say that is extremely poor form. Levein is the one in charge of footballing matters. The only way Budge could ever KB a signing is if price wise it was too much. Anything beyond that and IMO she's overstepping. 

Colossal amount of assumption in this post mate. Suspect a lot of clubs will simply look at Lafferty and fail to understand why he wasn't absolutely motivated to play for the club he loves to the extent that he was emptied by his manager. Not a great look. 

11 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Do you really think Lafferty is nasty Jam, never ever thought that watching him. There's more nastiness in a Steven Maclean. Lafferty just came across as a bit vacant, motivated against Celtic of course but missing in too many games against lesser teams. These are the games we really need goalscorers in. 

Again I get where you’re coming from but this “only motivated v Celtic” just don’t wash. He didn’t score 19 against them.

Id like a player who can score against Celtic. TBH I’d like a striker who can score against East Fife 😀

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Again I get where you’re coming from but this “only motivated v Celtic” just don’t wash. He didn’t score 19 against them.

Id like a player who can score against Celtic. TBH I’d like a striker who can score against East Fife 😀

I'm with you on the East Fife mate! With Naismith back I am willing to give the attack a chance to bed in, just playing a lot closer to each other would make a hell of a difference. Big game on Saturday, our attacking transition against teams that sit in at Tynecastle was the big issue last season. Interesting to see what they think the answer to that is. 

I would hazard a guess, if Levein asked the squad about taking Lafferty back, it would be a resounding no

BarneyBattles44

How the F. K is KL nasty .

PMSL. Heard it all now FFS

Oh Dear

BFL

Add . The whole experience playing in an OF is installed from training to playing. Everyone has a head for it. Just plain Nasty

Edited by BarneyBattles44

8 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Colossal amount of assumption in this post mate. Suspect a lot of clubs will simply look at Lafferty and fail to understand why he wasn't absolutely motivated to play for the club he loves to the extent that he was emptied by his manager. Not a great look. 

Sorry, should clarify those are my thoughts based on what I've read on here. :D exhausted hahaha

Naismith allegedly not liking him is a rumour on here. 

Someone suggested Lafferty re-signing was vetoed by Budge (although now I say that out loud, its probably the same crowd that hate budge that would start that rumour) 

portobellojambo1
25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think levein was a bit tongue in cheek there, he scored big goals at important times for us.. not only against Celtic.. memorable goals against hibs and rangers as well

I think it is surprising how some fans have drawn the conclusion that Lafferty only offered anything against Celtic. I watched every game and never drew that conclusion. I was actually quite surprised by how much work he did in non striking areas of the field. If it was purely down to what he can and did bring to the team it is difficult to argue any other way than him coming back would be beneficial. I suspect Washington may be a bit like McLean, hopefully better but possibly more of a creator than out and out goalscorer. Uche, I'm afraid he is flattering to achieve. Very decent guy, but also very limited I suspect, and again not a regular scorer. Lafferty would score goals, but I don't expect to see him back. He wasted a chance at Tynecastle by looking to leave. That decision impacted on him football wise but also personally. We'll never know enough about his gambling addiction but the club did try hard to help him out.I understand, from what I've heard, that since going to Rangers his gambling and the associated debt has become worse than it ever was, and he has also been spending money in other ways, which is something he  will have to sort out. If it was purely a football decision I don't doubt we might be tempted to bring him back, but I suspect he will just have to live with the regret of leaving HMFC, without giving consideration to the impact more money might have on his life, assuming he cared one way or the other.

Edited by portobellojambo1

3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I'm with you on the East Fife mate! With Naismith back I am willing to give the attack a chance to bed in, just playing a lot closer to each other would make a hell of a difference. Big game on Saturday, our attacking transition against teams that sit in at Tynecastle was the big issue last season. Interesting to see what they think the answer to that is. 

Bang on. Wasn’t overly impressed LC games but no Naismith in them. Living in hope as always but look forward to it and would like nothing more than Washington or one of the youngsters being the answer

1 hour ago, RedStarRiot said:

I'd take him back but we appear to have lots of options up front. Shame none of them actually score goals except Naismith. 

That should really be funny but it's absolutely true.  Score bloody goals you Hearts forwards.  Start tonight in Coatbridge.  Keep it up on Sunday.

Last Sunday was promising.  Two forward players scored.  We have to keep that going.  We really do or we will be facing a season of misery.

I dont care whether it's Lafferty or his granny.  Just score goals.

Robbo-Jambo
26 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

If we get Glen Whelan in sure he will be pretty nasty 😁

Agree though, we could do with being a bit more street wise. 

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Sorry, should clarify those are my thoughts based on what I've read on here. :D exhausted hahaha

Naismith allegedly not liking him is a rumour on here. 

Someone suggested Lafferty re-signing was vetoed by Budge (although now I say that out loud, its probably the same crowd that hate budge that would start that rumour) 

Sorry mate, you're bang on, it's bloody difficult to know the truth about anything atm! 

Mr Elwood P

Get him straight back to Gorgie. Terrible move for every party involved - moving to Rangers - opportunity to rectify it. One goal against Celtic or Hibs and the fans will be right back onside. Walker, Naismith, lafferty, Uche, Washington - Opshuns

6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Bang on. Wasn’t overly impressed LC games but no Naismith in them. Living in hope as always but look forward to it and would like nothing more than Washington or one of the youngsters being the answer

I hope so mate, getting a striker on a little run of goals would make a real difference. Actually collectively scoring 2 or more goals in home games would alleviate a lot of pressure. Under no illusions about Saturday though, difficult time to play a promoted team still carrying last season's momentum. 

BarneyBattles44
11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

That should really be funny but it's absolutely true.  Score bloody goals you Hearts forwards.  Start tonight in Coatbridge.  Keep it up on Sunday.

Last Sunday was promising.  Two forward players scored.  We have to keep that going.  We really do or we will be facing a season of misery.

I dont care whether it's Lafferty or his granny.  Just score goals.

It's a different type of football a stronger group of players very settled 

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

I reckon it will Budge that will have put the brakes on any Lafferty transfer. 

Agree mate but any excuse for that haters these days. 

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I was looking at a poll on Facebook and 75% against 25% were FOR resigning Lafferty.

So more folk want Lafferty (19 goals) not to re-sign for Hearts, than want Levein to leave Hearts? Interesting ...

Just now, It should have been ten said:

Agree mate but any excuse for that haters these days. 

I liked Lafferty as a player but I think the club (Budge) has a right to say she doesn’t want him back at the club. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Get him straight back to Gorgie. Terrible move for every party involved - moving to Rangers - opportunity to rectify it. One goal against Celtic or Hibs and the fans will be right back onside. Walker, Naismith, lafferty, Uche, Washington - Opshuns

He wanted the terrible move and when he gets there he can't even be arsed in training to push himself for more game time. 

This is for the club he loves to bits!!. 

We helped him with his off the field problems but going back there he has relapsed back into them. Probably got no off the pitch support from them. 

He used as a tool to get back to Sevco and it has backfired big time and he knows it. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So more folk want Lafferty (19 goals) not to re-sign for Hearts, than want Levein to leave Hearts? Interesting ...

We have bigger priorities than Lafferty. Should be spending that money on 2 new CMs.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

We have bigger priorities than Lafferty. Should be spending that money on 2 new CMs.

Just get the whole lot signed. Whelan, Morrison and Lafferty. Craig Gordon next summer. Done!

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

75% for Lafferty to sign against 25% against him coming to Hearts.

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No I didn’t say that did I ?

75% want Lafferty back.

Robbo-Jambo
38 minutes ago, OTT said:

Don't think he will motivated now as he admitted he could have done more at training with Rangers to get more game time

This is for the club he has a love affair with 🤔. Strange comment to come out with imo.