Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

HoChiMinter
1 hour ago, Rooster20 said:

I don't care how much he loves Rangers. To be frank I trust him to score more than any of our current forwards and for that reason I'd love it if he signed for us. Wighton & Keena out on loan and Laff in would be lovely.

This. Folk thinking he would purposefully miss a goal against Rangers 🤣

Despite your opinions on the man’s character, he’s still a football professional. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

People in here desperate to sign Cummings, same guy who giruy to us at Easter road but wouldn’t take a proven goalscorer back .

No brainer for me , contract to end of the season surely 

TemasekJambo
57 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

By all means bring him back on a pay as you play deal and only play him against Celtic and Hibs.

I like this! He always was useful in those games. 

StevenNaismith

I’d snap your hand off to have him back, that view isn’t shared by the two most influential people at the club unfortunately.

It should have been ten
55 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I think senior members of the squad would be asked their opinion on this one...for example, would Naismith be happy with Kyle coming back etc?

Personally, I wouldn't have him back...he may have scored goals, but he brought out the worst of some sections of the support.

Think money would be better spent on some quality in midfield.

Nail on head 

9 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

much of the same terrible patter from you. just leave it there. 

That's not my patter. That's type of patter I'm kinda sick and tired of.

Fan ownership will be fun.

Bungalow Bill

Sounds to me like we could get him on our terms this time round. This is a no brained for me. Give me Laff over Wighton every day of the week. 

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Nail on head 

Again - we're not party to what happens behind the scenes - so have to trust the two key people running the club. 

I'd speculate that good character and influence on future team mates (especially youth) is highly valued. Anything which is likely to disrupt / compromise this is not going to help some transfer targets.

lafferty first time round was given a fair chance and AB and the club had to put a lot of work into him (according to rumour). I would imagine AB et al would rather put that effort in elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Sounds to me like we could get him on our terms this time round. This is a no brained for me. Give me Laff over Wighton every day of the week. 

Even during his plea to come back, he's still going on about The Rangers winning the league & calling them "we". Time to move on. 

Please god no!! The last thing we need is encouragement for our sectarian element to have a ‘go-to-song’ which they can belt out with impunity. 

Apart from that, I thought 90% of the time he was hopeless. 

I’d pass. Loved him when he was here, but I’d rather we used any money to improve the midfield and goalkeeper. 

The comment about wherever he is he hopes he’s free to see Rangers last game it the season 🤦🏼‍♂️

heartandsoul

Was buzzing when we signed Lafferty and most of the Hearts support took to him as he did to us. However as soon as sevco came calling and he signed for his beloved newco that changed everything. He was well looked after by Hearts and then proceeded to throw it all away. So it's a no from me regarding him coming back. He made his bed so let him lie in it.

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Ah well, he did finish his career there, so he'll be pleased.

:pleasing:

Lafferty is the hun's hun. **** him, made his bed. 

7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Even during his plea to come back, he's still going on about The Rangers winning the league & calling them "we". Time to move on. 

Who cares if he scores goals which he does

1 minute ago, Paris 84 said:

Please god no!! The last thing we need is encouragement for our sectarian element to have a ‘go-to-song’ which they can belt out with impunity. 

90 is a bit harsh I’d say 50, Seriously overrated player who had a great season goals wise in a maroon jersey. We got a great deal selling him to Rangers and I’d be astonished if Levein even gave it a second thought to bring him back. As someone else said on here if money’s available for another wage then a new goalie would be more sensible. 

It should have been ten
8 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Again - we're not party to what happens behind the scenes - so have to trust the two key people running the club. 

I'd speculate that good character and influence on future team mates (especially youth) is highly valued. Anything which is likely to disrupt / compromise this is not going to help some transfer targets.

lafferty first time round was given a fair chance and AB and the club had to put a lot of work into him (according to rumour). I would imagine AB et al would rather put that effort in elsewhere.

Good points you’ve made there 

PaulHartley10

I'd take him back but it seems Levein's comments about his IQ are bang on. He may have been allowed back but you'd imagine that after Levein, MacPhee and Naisy have read the full article it'll be a no.

Begging for a return and bumming Rangers in the same article...only Lafferty :facepalm:

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Boab said:

Don’t think him coming back would be a good thing either, bud. In fact, i’m dead against it.

Celebrating in front of the green menace ?

👍

👍

11 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Who cares if he scores goals which he does

So how many has he scored against Rangers....?

3 minutes ago, Section Q said:

For us? He scored that worldly at Murrayfield from memory - 30 yard free kick into the top bin. 

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

No idea but he scored 19 last time and there isn’t anyone at the club who will do that apart from possibly Naismith 

no brainer go get him 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Ah well, he did finish his career there, so he'll be pleased.

Screenshot_20190806_110458_com.android.chrome.jpg

Forever Hearts
59 minutes ago, Boab said:

It’s a bad day when a Hearts player is criticised for a bit of GIUY in front of the hooped demons.

Personally, i’d write it into players’ contracts as a prerequisite !

It's the new age, millennial Hearts fan. They need to tell us all day, every day, how much they hate Rangers so as not to be seen as mini "huns" whilst giving Celtic and their wonderful supporters pretty much a free ride at the same time. Great isn't it? 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Sraman said:

Good for you! I'm sure you'll enjoy the 21st century when you finally get here.

#topbantz 👍

1 minute ago, Paris 84 said:

How can you sound the charge when you're in reverse?

chester copperpot

I couldn't care who he supports, what his leniances are  if he can find the onion bag, then he's ok with me.

Some players suit certain clubs. Rudi was shite pretty much everywhere else but was an absolute legend for us.

In his one season here, Kyle was brilliant. For that reason I'd have him back.

Only if it doesn't piss off Naismith though. Naismith, Washington and Lafferty is a top 3 front line IMO. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's the new age, millennial Hearts fan. They need to tell us all day, every day, how much they hate Rangers so as not to be seen as mini "huns" whilst giving Celtic and their wonderful supporters pretty much a free ride at the same time. Great isn't it? 

It’s terrible.

5 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

For us? He scored that worldly at Murrayfield from memory - 30 yard free kick into the top bin. 

Great goal to be fair. Not sure I'd trust him in a cup final situ.

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That's exactly what it is. 

11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's really easy for most of us, equally despising both arse cheeks. Bit of a tall order for you though. 

PaulHartley10
1 minute ago, farin said:

He’s not the brightest that’s for sure. Another player who realised too late just how good he had things. 

16D24DE0-962A-4B95-9540-70D6863535FE.jpeg.6ba14d39dbe3e6363142f5a79263f9a5.jpeg

You'd imagine the article would have been about his time at Rangers and at the end he's been asked about his future and it's been made a headline.

Still, file under not happening.

52 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’d snap your hand off to have him back, that view isn’t shared by the two most influential people at the club unfortunately.

Who sits out then?

Washington presumably? 

letsalllaughathobos
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

In an ideal world I wouldn't have him back but you're right he does give us goals and one would expect his wage demands to be reasonable given that HE wants to sign for US.  Also I would not want him joining, say, the vermin or Killiie etc and scoring goals against us, especially if they're winning ones.

Yep this is where I'm at, he obviously wants to stay in Scotland and knows outside his rangers the next best is hearts, 

With the team we have he fits in well,

All about attitude and application TBF 

Don't know if this has been mentioned but he said in his interview that he took a pay cut to go to rangers... Have to admit I'm a bit surprised by that. 

2 hours ago, jamboiain13 said:

the biggest obstacle to bringing this creep back is all of the above...keep this w**k away from our great club and let him rot in his local bookies wearing his replica hun top

This 100%

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

It's really easy for most of us, equally despising both arse cheeks. Bit of a tall order for you though. 

Oh look, it's a supporter who has listened to the message the club are putting out, realised that it makes sense to break away from this shitey divide and conquer nonsense that we have all fell for, and getting behind it so that we can move forward. "Naw it's no, yer either fur us or against us." "What aboot them?" What aboot them? Who cares aboot them? Whichever them you want to bring up it makes no difference to Hearts.

Get him signed!! 20 goals in 44! Numerous against the Hibs and Celtic! Why would anyone not want him.....”he brings out the worst in some sections of the crowd”, “he left us for Sevco” .......who cares. Hearts have become this Nancy, nice club where were all supposed to be super friendly and family orientated. I get that to some degree but looks what’s happening on th pitch. The mentality is wrong. So wrong! Yes a few neds might bring their union jacks and sing a song or two. Oh no how am I going to sleep at night. 2 neds had a Union Jack.......I need Budge to “stamp” it out. As for going to Sevco it’s the lads club if I was a Hamilton player and once lived the dream and played for Hearts and had the chance to go back there for extra cash that I was on also I’d be off quicker than he was! Get back to winners, characters and people that know what it means to play for the famous and we’ll get back on the road to success.

WheatfieldWarrior
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Who sits out then?

Washington presumably? 

Whoever is injured or not fit would sit out - I take the point you are making, but we haven't had all the strikers fit and up to speed since Lafferty left (and they aren't even now), so not really worried who starts on the bench. 

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Aye, the abuse dished out to Rangers and Celtic on here is very even handed. Almost identical. 🙄

He’s as daft as a bag of frogs and one of the stupidest people you’ll ever meet but he scores goals. Every player has a club that just suits them, Rudi, Hartley, Naismith more recently and Lafferty as well. I wouldn't care he loves Rangers, I wouldn’t  care that he wants them to do well etc if he was doing the business for us. Let’s also not pretend he’s only just fallen in love with Rangers, he loved them when he became the closest hearts striker to bag 20 goals in a season since Robbo. He also talks very highly of us and always happy to see us do well. I’d take him back in a heart beat, but it’s not going to happen. Levein and Budge won’t want him back, he’d also have some making up to do with Berra as they’ve fell out. 

7 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Whoever is injured or not fit would sit out - I take the point you are making, but we haven't had all the strikers fit and up to speed since Lafferty left (and they aren't even now), so not really worried who starts on the bench. 

So Lafferty as a squad player.