• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

...a bit disco

The word 'Hun' not considered offensive by communications watchdog Ofcom

RANGERS fans have lobbied for the use of the word in a footballing context to be made a hate crime, but Ofcom say it isn't offensive.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Wouldn't last 5 minutes in Saudi Arabia with his habits...😁

Aye very true 😄

He was getting help and support with Hearts but since going to that lot his demons have come back to haunt him. 

He has made his bed though. Life is not all about money .Rangers couldn't wait to get shot off him. 

He must seriously regret the decision he made to beg for a return to that mob. 

2 hours ago, Barack said:

HUN HUN HUN HUN HUN HUN HUN HUN HUN HUN HUN HUN HUN HUN HUN HUN HUN HUN!

HUNS HUNS GLORIOUS HUNS, IT'S DOWN AT THE LODGE THEY BIDE...

I await my censure from JKB. It'll be a while coming though. As Hun isn't termed as derogatory or Sectarian on here, in the same manner Tim, or Vermin is. Unless there's a snakey wee grass that wishes to report it.

:greggy:

Shouldn't we be deflecting onto Celtic child abuse right about now instead...?

No. Leave that to cretins. Quite right.👍🏻

Congratulations 🎉 🥳 🎉 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Ach. What do they know...! 

Much better to listen to the hypocrisy spewing out of any Hun's mouth, on the subject of what's deemed offensive in society, and what's not. 

NBM deem it offensive and sectarian. You can choose to ignore that if you wish. 

Unknown user
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Hand wringers wringing hands, whatever next?

Meanwhile, the official government body OFCOM says it isn't sectarian. 

It officially isn't sectarian.

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hand wringers wringing hands, whatever next?

Meanwhile, the official government body OFCOM says it isn't sectarian. 

It officially isn't sectarian.

And NBM who deal with sectarianism every day in Scotland and run classes in Scottish schools tackling sectarianism deem it sectarian. I know who I believe. 

Unknown user
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

And NBM who deal with sectarianism every day in Scotland and run classes in Scottish schools tackling sectarianism deem it sectarian. I know who I believe. 

Yes, we all know you're on the huns' side.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yes, we all know you're on the huns' side.

How original. You must be so proud. 

4 hours ago, sassenach said:

Kyle Lafferty threads always seem to end up as a discussion about sectarianism.

Are there any examples of when Kyle himself has engaged in sectarian behaviour? And is there any evidence that Kyle himself holds sectarian views? Genuine questions, because I can't think of anything, although of course I'm not from Scotland or Northern Ireland.

I know. I only came for a quick look to get folks opinion on taking him back, and I'm still none the wiser after 2 pages. :lol:

I'm not going to lose sleep over him coming back or not either way, but we know he will score goals. He was on about £10k a week though at Rangers so doubt we could afford him now, nor do I think we should spend so much money on him.

He shafted us to leave, but so did Walker, Webster etc. and they earned respect 2nd time around. Well, I think Walker will. I hate it too that people say it was okay that he shafted us because he joined his boyhood team too. Lot of pish. I'd understand that if he had never played for them before, but he has and done pretty much everything he could've done while there. What else was he expecting to do there? Instead, he could've stayed at Hearts and really been part of something where he was pretty much adored by the fans. Instead, he got his honeymoon period at Rangers, and a year later in one the scrapheap.

Cruyff Turn
5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

You've already made a fool of yourself with the Tim thing. No Celtic fan finds it offensive and they refer to themselves as Tims whereas no Rangers fan will call himself a hun. There are plenty of derogatory terms that Celtic fans do find offensive but Tim isn't one of them. If you've got evidence to the contrary then fire it up. I'll leave it with you. 

Well you’d know, wouldn’t you hun? 

🤭

Robbo-Jambo
7 minutes ago, Locky said:

I know. I only came for a quick look to get folks opinion on taking him back, and I'm still none the wiser after 2 pages. :lol:

I'm not going to lose sleep over him coming back or not either way, but we know he will score goals. He was on about £10k a week though at Rangers so doubt we could afford him now, nor do I think we should spend so much money on him.

He shafted us to leave, but so did Walker, Webster etc. and they earned respect 2nd time around. Well, I think Walker will. I hate it too that people say it was okay that he shafted us because he joined his boyhood team too. Lot of pish. I'd understand that if he had never played for them before, but he has and done pretty much everything he could've done while there. What else was he expecting to do there? Instead, he could've stayed at Hearts and really been part of something where he was pretty much adored by the fans. Instead, he got his honeymoon period at Rangers, and a year later in one the scrapheap.

Good post. Well summed up. 

Deep down he will know he made a bad decision leaving us where he was getting support on and off the pitch. 

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Well you’d know, wouldn’t you hun? 

🤭

You're such a better Hearts fan than everybody else. You use the words hun and Sevco. Take a bow. 🙄

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You're such a better Hearts fan than everybody else. You use the words hun and Sevco. Take a bow. 🙄

I use the terms, Tim, Hobo, Sheep, Pondlife, Reptiles, St Midden etc... to describe other sides in this league because as a Hearts supporter, I feckin hate most teams, especially the OF and Hibs.

You on the other hand, quite clearly, without question, have a soft spot for The Rangers or maybe the Old Rangers. 

You’re like Kevin Kline in that movie,  In and Out, a complete closet case and this thread has outed you because you simply cannot help yourself from firefighting any situation where there is a pop at your dearly beloved The Rangers/Rangers (rip),

The fact remains that Lafferty would score more goals for us blindfolded than Uche and Washingston put together this season.

1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

The fact remains that Lafferty would score more goals for us blindfolded than Uche and Washingston put together this season.

Facts eh.....just shows you some facts are fiction

Cruyff Turn
6 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

But... Lafferty scored less goals than Uche did last season. 🤔

46 minutes ago, Locky said:

To be fair though, Levein said he knew his intentions when he joined us and we got about half a million for him. 

OmiyaHearts
3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

You’re wrong as I know a Rangers fan who refers to himself this way. He even runs his own handy website listing local businesses and he uses that term in the website name. I’ve never visited it but he says he gets thousands of visitors a day and he says nobody has ever complained about the title being offensive. 

Most of my mates are Huns and they refer to themselves as Huns many times. I don't know anyone who takes offence to it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

Most of my mates are Huns and they refer to themselves as Huns many times. I don't know anyone who takes offence to it.

I found almost to my cost, some of the very staunch chaps, object vehemently to the term.

OmiyaHearts
Just now, Sir Gio said:

I found almost to my cost, some of the very staunch chaps, object vehemently to the term.

I dont know many of the staunch ones, fortunately! 

Dallas Green
1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

The word 'Hun' not considered offensive by communications watchdog Ofcom

RANGERS fans have lobbied for the use of the word in a footballing context to be made a hate crime, but Ofcom say it isn't offensive.

Yas.

Dirty hun *******s.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I dont know many of the staunch ones, fortunately! 

No, nor me, and thankfully so on the basis of the circumstance I nearly found myself in. Thought I knew the guy well enough to enjoy a bit of ribbing, I didn't :lol:

16 minutes ago, Section Q said:

To be fair though, Levein said he knew his intentions when he joined us and we got about half a million for him. 

I guess when you look at it that way. It was a great bit of business for us to make a 6 figure sum for such a player. 

Part of me always lived in hope though that with the help with his gambling addiction, and the way the fans took to him, he'd quickly decide that Rangers could do one, and he'd spend the rest of his days here.

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I Don know about that!!!!

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

I Don know about that!!!!

NBM also regard Tim in the same way though.

Offensive sectarian language is still used in Scotland on a daily basis, with abusive terms such as “Hun” and “Orange *******” being used negatively against Protestants (or those perceived to be) and others such as “Fenian” and “Tim” used negatively against Catholics (or those perceived to be). This reinforces religious and racial stereotypes as well as fuelling the divisions and conflict between the denominations and people of no religious denomination. Children commonly use words without any knowledge of their meaning, but with an understanding that these words are a means by which to insult others.

https://nilbymouth.org/history/

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

NBM also regard Tim in the same way though.

Offensive sectarian language is still used in Scotland on a daily basis, with abusive terms such as “Hun” and “Orange *******” being used negatively against Protestants (or those perceived to be) and others such as “Fenian” and “Tim” used negatively against Catholics (or those perceived to be). This reinforces religious and racial stereotypes as well as fuelling the divisions and conflict between the denominations and people of no religious denomination. Children commonly use words without any knowledge of their meaning, but with an understanding that these words are a means by which to insult others.

https://nilbymouth.org/history/

Who’d of thunk it works two ways 😮

...a bit disco
9 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Yas.

Dirty hun *******s.

U ok hun? Xx

:whistling:

:wink:

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Who’d of thunk it works two ways 😮

Not those who reckon Tim is okay because, well, it just is apparently.

Works both ways or neither.

Not really been watching closely and happy to be proved wrong, but Lafferty was the main NI man even when not playing at club level.

I don't think he is being picked by them to start recently suggessting Michal O'Neill doesn't have as much confidence in him as he used to.

Bringing him back isn't a simple 'look at what he did last time'

Edited by DETTY29

Alex Kintner
24 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Your mates must be in the minority as hundreds of thousands of Rangers fans do. Apparently.

To be honest I’m surprised @Forever Hearts hasn’t heard of that website I mentioned. I would have thought it was right up his street, in fact, I’d say he was a complete example of the target market 🤷🏻‍♂️

Who_put_the_ball_in...

Have to laugh when you come on to check out any news on Lafferty and it’s become a debate on the use of the word Hun.

41 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Are you sure?  The fee wasn't disclosed and I've sometimes wondered how much we got.  I heard 900K at one point, but that was all speculation.

16 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Get your facts right.

It was Chelsea fans.

Here is the view of the supporters of the club that they played when they earned the title of “Huns”:

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/glasgow-rangers-day-in-wolverhampton.145050/

... an interesting read, if you can be bothered.

I’ve got family who live near there in West Bromwich and the surrounding area.

The Huns are hated down there. I take pleasure in reinforcing this attitude towards them when I go down there. I also like to enlighten them to the songs and chants of the Tim support and their glorification of the murderers who tore their neighbours children to shreds with nail bombs.

Huns and Tims are as bad as each other.

Just now, davemclaren said:

Can we keep this on topic and discuss word usage on another thread if required. 

Thanks. 

Sorry Dave. Posted that before I read your last message.

23 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Are you sure?  The fee wasn't disclosed and I've sometimes wondered how much we got.  I heard 900K at one point, but that was all speculation.

c£600k is what I heard.

davemclaren
Just now, Barack said:

Can we just clarify, that the usage of said word on here is acceptable? 

Yes. 

I definitely think the Hunnish behaviour and attitude of the Hun; Lafferty played a big part in his own fall from grace. If the big Hun had just put his Hunnish ways to one side for a few years, then he’d have been fine. 

Being a Hun doesn’t pay Kids. Lafferty is a Hun, don’t be like Lafferty, the Hun.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, sassenach said:

That's fair enough. In isolation, though, that could be considered as an ill-judged attempt to wind up the opposition fans, rather than any actual sectarianism on the part of KL.

Not defending him, by the way, it's foolish to wind fans up in any manner .

I don’t know any other instances. His sister did follow me on Twitter and when I looked at her posts they were pretty bad, had to block her 😃.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

I guess when you look at it that way. It was a great bit of business for us to make a 6 figure sum for such a player. 

Part of me always lived in hope though that with the help with his gambling addiction, and the way the fans took to him, he'd quickly decide that Rangers could do one, and he'd spend the rest of his days here.

And he would've stayed had they not came in for him. He said he'd happily finish his career with us but the contract was that he only came to us on the basis he could move if a better contract came up. Hearts honoured the contract and we made a few quid out of it.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Not really been watching closely and happy to be proved wrong, but Lafferty was the main NI man even when not playing at club level.

I don't think he is being picked by them to start recently suggessting Michal O'Neill doesn't have as much confidence in him as he used to.

Bringing him back isn't a simple 'look at what he did last time'

Pissed off Michael O'Neil pulling out of a squad because there was going to be a story written about him with the girl he was flashing his bits too unfortunately he made the mistake of not informing Michael or Steven his managers therefore both managers lost trust in him massively Gerrard more so apologised to both. If he hadn't done what he did i reckon he would still be first choice. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Would Lafferty score goals for us?  Yes, he would.

Would Lafferty create any degree of upset in the changing room?  Potentially, though just a hunch.

Will Lafferty be back?  No, he won't.

Lafferty cared more about scoring against Celtic than scoring for Hearts, imo.  All in all, I think we did well out of the short itme he was here.