• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

Robbo-Jambo
3 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

Kyle Lafferty will not be coming back to Hearts. 

If, on the off chance, it doesn’t actually happen then he won’t score more than 10 goals maximum. 

:cornette:

Robbo-Jambo
6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nonsense. He wouldn't have left for any other Scottish club and he said repeatedly how much he loved it at Hearts and he had a great relationship with AB & CL.

Jammy T is right about that being part of the deal.

Think the stuff he said about loving us so much etc. was a lot of pish tbh.

He couldn't wait to get back to Rangers and you have to wonder if he regrets it as all his demons have returned.

We will in no way be be resigning Kyle Lafferty

6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

He’s done it once in about 13 seasons.

His season with us was a one off.

Bookmark this.

Exactly, 82 league goals in 14 seasons of first team football doesn’t work out anything close to 20 per season. 

Unless of course he is a cup competition scoring legend. 

5 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Levein confirmed that it was part of the deal with him that we had a gentleman’s agreement to sell him after one year - it’s on record.

You trust the word of a lying wife cheating badge kissing gambling addict? Dear god.

We signed him to make money off him. We did. We won’t take the gamble again given the only club that wanted him no longer do. 

23 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

That was what one would call ‘a confusing post’

Well, on the off chance that it wasn't, it'll have been. Probably. 

CloustonHMFC
43 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

What the **** ?

34 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

That was what one would call ‘a confusing post’

31 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

:cornette:

Clearly a typo...

Guest ToqueJambo
18 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, Levein has a good eye for a 20 goals a season striker. ?

To be fair since Levein came in as DoF our striker recruitment has been the best since the Bednar and Jankauskis days. Considering for ages Velicka was our top scorer with about 10 or 12 one season. Sow, Zeefuik, Lafferty, Naismith were/are top drawer and banged them in for fun. Uche and even someone like Keatings did a job. Even one of the failures, Juanma, got goals.

Edited by ToqueJambo

It should have been ten

Ach well seeing as we’re bringing back another dickhead we may as well bring Laff back.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Morph said:

We can barely get a striker who scores 10 goals a season these days and you're writing a guy off because he got no assists :laugh:

Assists don't win you games and even at that who was he meant to assist when he was playing as a lone striker most of the time?

We've had at least one striker in the team who scored 10 or more goals every season since Levein, Budge and Neilson came in.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair since Levein came in as DoF our striker recruitment has been the best since the Bednar and Jankauskis days. Considering for ages Velicka was our top scorer with about 10 or 12 one season. Sow, Zeefuik, Lafferty, Naismith were/are top drawer and banged them in for fun. Uche and even someone like Keatings did a job. Even one of the failures, Juanma, got goals.

Isma also

51 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Jammy T is right about that being part of the deal.

Think the stuff he said about loving us so much etc. was a lot of pish tbh.

He couldn't wait to get back to Rangers and you have to wonder if he regrets it as all his demons have returned.

We will in no way be be resigning Kyle Lafferty

He loved us for giving him the platform to leave us

?

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Steady now. Bordering on factual here

CloustonHMFC
22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Steady on there mate, sensible posts like this aren’t welcome around these parts. 

ScandinavianJambo
18 hours ago, Morgan said:

:spoton:

I cannot stand the whole flute thing and he is a liability in many ways, but a bit if humble pie, our terms this time together with the potential of 19 goals is not to be taken lightly... 

3 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

I cannot stand the whole flute thing and he is a liability in many ways, but a bit if humble pie, our terms this time together with the potential of 19 goals is not to be taken lightly... 

13 in the league....

?

Remember wins and, therefore, presumably goals, don’t count against pishy tinpot clubs in cup games.....

Edited by Jammy T

21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We've had at least one striker in the team who scored 10 or more goals every season since Levein, Budge and Neilson came in.

Fair enough you are right we have usually had one striker capable of 10 goals, we didn't the season jamie walker was top goal scorer but think that was the only season. 

Is one striker scoring 10-12 goals good enough though?   Currently we play with one striker up top and when they get injured we're ****ed.  Just feels like we've signed so much shite upfront in players like reilly, muirhead, watt,  that dauda guy etc then even this season wighton and maclean are nowhere near what we need if we want to be challenging for 3rd.  I think to say our recruitment is strong for attacking players is pushing it massively.

Considering the problems Naismith had with injuries and the opportunities that creates for other players it's hugely disappointing we've only got one player who has scored 5+ goals and he's a defensive mid.

32 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

He is signing 

Well I’ll be going to get his name on the back of my shirt based on this

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Steady now. Bordering on factual here

And in spell one ? Mcswegan, Kirk , Wales , 

Plus ca change...

wasn't there a 2 million post thread about the bold Kyle last year? Orange club and all that. For what it’s worth - he squeezed in too many goals from tight angles for it to be flukey -  but who knows if he’d come back or if he’d be wanted - we’d win more games with him tho. 

2 minutes ago, Bootzilla said:

Plus ca change...

wasn't there a 2 million post thread about the bold Kyle last year? Orange club and all that. For what it’s worth - he squeezed in too many goals from tight angles for it to be flukey -  but who knows if he’d come back or if he’d be wanted - we’d win more games with him tho. 

This. I think he has a negative impact on the “young team”, but after last season I wouldn’t say no to 19 goals a season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Morph said:

Fair enough you are right we have usually had one striker capable of 10 goals, we didn't the season jamie walker was top goal scorer but think that was the only season. 

Is one striker scoring 10-12 goals good enough though?   Currently we play with one striker up top and when they get injured we're ****ed.  Just feels like we've signed so much shite upfront in players like reilly, muirhead, watt,  that dauda guy etc then even this season wighton and maclean are nowhere near what we need if we want to be challenging for 3rd.  I think to say our recruitment is strong for attacking players is pushing it massively.

Considering the problems Naismith had with injuries and the opportunities that creates for other players it's hugely disappointing we've only got one player who has scored 5+ goals and he's a defensive mid.

Neilson got us goals from all over the pitch. That’s been a major weakness of Levein’s teams. 

Stephen Muddie

Spotted with CL placing a wager on the 2ndf, Ollivander, 19:30 Wolverhampton. Location undisclosed. My sources tell me their mutual love of the horses has led to Kyle confiding in Craig and admitting that his life up to now has been a lie, and Heart of Midlothian is the only club for him.

I want a good team. Lafferty would help us be a better team. 

Lafferty and Uche upfront together would be fantastic. They had Celtic on toast first game of the season V Celtic. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Neilson got us goals from all over the pitch. That’s been a major weakness of Levein’s teams. 

Steady, you will have the CL happy clappers after you.

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Prof said:

Steady, you will have the CL happy clappers after you.

Why? He's correct.

''happy clappers''. Give it a rest FFS. What are you, 12?

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Different style of play, especially in the Championship. But if you are going forward, and the midfield are facing forward and there are options wide it does tend to mean more potential goalscoring opportunities are created and not necessarily only through what might be classed as the main striker.

16 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Why? He's correct.

''happy clappers''. Give it a rest FFS. What are you, 12?

I see you are still in the self appointed role of moderator. Clearly you think everything you say is important because it is. For happy clappers read tossers who won’t hear any criticism of CL because he played for Hearts and obviously therefore must be above reproach.

Bridge of Djoum
16 minutes ago, Prof said:

I see you are still in the self appointed role of moderator. Clearly you think everything you say is important because it is. For happy clappers read tossers who won’t hear any criticism of CL because he played for Hearts and obviously therefore must be above reproach.

Dear oh dear. That's some amount of anger in one small post. 

Love how I bring out the seethe in you. Sustains me. 

17 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Dear oh dear. That's some amount of anger in one small post. 

Love how I bring out the seethe in you. Sustains me. 

Not seethe mate. Sad in fact that you think you are important. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Prof said:

Not seethe mate. Sad in fact that you think you are important. 

I am. And so are you, little buddy.

When the ball fell to him kindly against a team wearing green you just knew he was going to score. That’s something I’ve not been able to say since Rudi. Whatever his motives - we miss a big game goal scorer. What he lacked against lesser sides in the league, he more than made up for in the big games. I’d take him back in an instant.

Article in the sun stating Lafferty spoke very highly of Hearts and encouraged Washington to sign for us along with McPhee, Smith & Hughes.

Hope the big man joins us again. 

Forever Hearts
37 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Article in the sun stating Lafferty spoke very highly of Hearts and encouraged Washington to sign for us along with McPhee, Smith & Hughes.

Can't see it now that we've signed Washington but I live in hope. 

A_A wehatethehibs
57 minutes ago, SectionN said:

There’s no doubt that a big part of Kyle will be feeling some regret about leaving Hearts, having watched us fall vs Celtic at both Murrayfield and Hampden. Might have been different if he’d stayed but you can’t change that now.

Can’t see a return for the big man this summer now with Washington in. This is the same player who’s kept lafferty out of the NI side. Maybe next summer on a free.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

lafferty and skinny in

djoum out

great transfer window complete 

(assuming Naismith actually signs)

Glamorgan Jambo

Der Hun aren't exactly flush with strikers and are very likely trying to punt

Morelos. The fact that they're emptying Lafferty after such a short spell when he'd be ideal as a cover striker suggests he's as hard to deal with as ever. 

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There’s no doubt that a big part of Kyle will be feeling some regret about leaving Hearts, having watched us fall vs Celtic at both Murrayfield and Hampden. Might have been different if he’d stayed but you can’t change that now.

Can’t see a return for the big man this summer now with Washington in. This is the same player who’s kept lafferty out of the NI side. Maybe next summer on a free.

Lafferty has achieved what he set out to do and that was to increase his bank balance.

He’ll take some shifting from Rangers.

brunoatemyhamster

He's nearly 32. 

His knees are going. 

We made 500k plus on him. 

He would only be a loan. 

He won't be able to play against Sevco. 

We don't really need him now

Hes guaranteed to do more damage sitting on the bench at Ibrox picking up a huge wage. 

If he's a free then maybe.