Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I mean his 'salute' celebration to the Celtic fans....

Not really a salute was it? 

He was mimicking the flag of his home nation. Were you all offended on behalf of those cuddly, lovable, cheeky Celtic fans? 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

joondalupjambo
16 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Name a couple? Or even name some previous who gave us the same return?

I am back :lol: 

Donald Ford, Robbo and Sandy Clark based on stats I can find all had better returns, think Jimmy Bone would be up there as well.

20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

His scoring record for us a bawhair off that and I have no doubt he could do it.

So, let's get this clear, you are agreeing he has never scored 20 goals in a season despite you stating he was a proven 20 goals a season striker.

Can you give us other examples when he was only a baw hair away from your mystical 20 goals a season?

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Robbie1902 said:

Makes too much sense to bring him back 

Best waiting until he's injured. 

6 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

He won’t have enough money in the bank with his lavish lifestyle and his well known problems. We won’t offer him what he could get for one season abroad.

Non starter.

If he’d any brains he’d come back to us. We would look after him. I’d imagine a big wage packet would only end up in the hands of the bookies.

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Who was the last hearts striker to score goals against Rangers, Hibs and Celtic in the same season? 

Goncalves?

I’m not bitter or twisted or anything .... but tell Lafferty to ram it.

We’ve done our bit by him, and look at the thanks we got. It’s somebody else’s turn now. 

joondalupjambo
21 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Who was the last hearts striker to score goals against Rangers, Hibs and Celtic in the same season? 

Am pretty sure the answer could be, might be, is Gary McSwegan in 1999 -00 season.

Not for me. Liked him when he was here but too many off the field issues by the sound of it. Has barely kicked a ball in the past year as well. 

Fifejambo 51
2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Am pretty sure the answer could be, might be, is Gary McSwegan in 1999 -00 season.

It was Ryan Stevenson in 2011/2012

44 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Looks like Lafferty scored 12 times in the league but only in 6 games where we won including two goals in one of the winning games.  All in the single season he was with us.  I will pass thanks as I think we could find a better option who could give us at least the same return without the baggage.

So when we signing this 15 goal a season striker then?

I have absolutely no faith in our recruitment to find a player who could match Laffertys record first time around.  Vanecek worked out well :laugh:

Hes free and won’t be able to command the same wage as first time round, would no doubt jump at the opportunity to come back as he loved it here.  For me it’s a no brainer, jury still out on Washington but he’d score more goals than any of the other strikers at hearts just now. 

2 minutes ago, farin said:

He wanted to leave us, looks like it turned out to be a bad decision on his part now after spending most of the time on the bench only to be released like this. 

He had his purple patch with us scoring his career record. Doubt he’ll repeat it wherever he goes now tbh. 

Walker has been welcomed back with open arms and his circumstances are pretty similar to  Laff, apart from Laff gave it his all even when he wanted to move on. 

Think a lot of people are put off because of the songbook that comes with him tbh. 

OmiyaHearts

I'd take him back. We could then punt Uche and Maclean.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Dalstonjambo
7 minutes ago, Morph said:

So when we signing this 15 goal a season striker then?

I have absolutely no faith in our recruitment to find a player who could match Laffertys record first time around.  Vanecek worked out well :laugh:

Hes free and won’t be able to command the same wage as first time round, would no doubt jump at the opportunity to come back as he loved it here.  For me it’s a no brainer, jury still out on Washington but he’d score more goals than any of the other strikers at hearts just now. 

August 1st. There's a 60 page thread on him coming. 

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

He had the chance to play for the club he supported on far superior wages. Anybody on here who says they wouldn't do the exact same thing is a liar. 

I absolutely despise Sevco and their support. Kyle Lafferty is one of them. It’s really that simple. It’s us v them. They are pure and utter pondlife. You’re  either Hearts or you don’t exist. As I said, Lafferty can go whistle.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

The only way we got to sign him was he would come to us and if a better financial offer came in he would consider it. Hearts agreed so when they came in for him it was a stick on he'd go. The only reason they took him anyway was to weaken an opponents forward line. He did not down tools when they were interested, he wasn't Jamie Walker. He, even though had a back problem, played in a bit of the league cup games and scored the winner against Celtic before he left. Would I take him back? Not sure but if he was to come back, he'd get the backing of the fans again, just like Walker will.

He did so down tools. He didn’t try a leg in the league cup games he played before he left.

Jamie Walker was badly advised by his arsehole agent but ultimately he’s one of us and he came back to us having moved to England. Thankfully he never got the chance to sook the Hun boaby. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

EasternRossco
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I absolutely despise Sevco and their support. Kyle Lafferty is one of them. It’s really that simple. It’s us v them. They are pure and utter pondlife. You’re  either Hearts or you don’t exist. As I said, Lafferty can go whistle.

He did so down tools. He didn’t try a leg in the league cup games he played before he left.

Jamie Walker was badly advised by his arsehole agent but ultimately he’s one of us and he came back to us having moved to England. Thankfully he never got the chance to sook the Hun boaby. 

spot-on-5b3aaf.jpg

YouLetYourClubDie
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He made a good go of it on Instagram and social media before he left! Give me a diehard Rangers fan over a hybrid Hearts/Rangers fan any day of the week.

joondalupjambo
23 minutes ago, Fifejambo 51 said:

It was Ryan Stevenson in 2011/2012

Hmm he scored against Hibs and Celtic that season but cannot see where he did it against Rangers?  I will stick with McSwegan for now I think.  Happy to be proven wrong though by a fellow Fifer😃

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Lafferty would be a great signing. Would instantly become the best striker at the club.

Fort Vallance
6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Lafferty would be a great signing. Would instantly become the best striker at the club.

Absolutely. But it's not going to happen.

He scored almost 20 goals when he was with us for one season! Nobody in our current squad is going to get anywhere near that. If we can afford him then yes please!

1 minute ago, Henroddy said:

He scored almost 20 goals when he was with us for one season! Nobody in our current squad is going to get anywhere near that. If we can afford him then yes please!

Naismith will get near that......if we can get him playing for a full season.

I suspect levein now regards players like Cummings and lafferty as not only potential trouble but scraping the bottom of the barrel.

As ever, I could be wrong.

Forever Hearts
32 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Grow up. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I suspect levein now regards players like Cummings and lafferty as not only potential trouble but scraping the bottom of the barrel.

And we know how he has an eye for a player. 🙄

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

With 2 6th place finishes we need all the help we can get. Walker, Naismith and Lafferty would hopefully cover each others goals should any of them get injured. 

YouLetYourClubDie
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And we know how he has an eye for a player. 🙄

This made me chuckle 😂😂

9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Naismith will get near that......if we can get him playing for a full season.

But that's the big unknown isn't it. IF Naismith can play regularly. What if he can't?

gashauskis9

Walker = we wanted him to stay, but he whored himself to them = worthy of a 2nd chance

Lafferty = we weren’t that arsed and he just so happened to whore himself to them as well = **** him

Not for me and I can’t see him being for Levein.

Benny Factor
32 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Hmm he scored against Hibs and Celtic that season but cannot see where he did it against Rangers?  I will stick with McSwegan for now I think.  Happy to be proven wrong though by a fellow Fifer😃

Scored the winner against Rangers at home in January 2012.

The Internet
1 minute ago, EarnockJambo said:

Scored the winner against Rangers at home in January 2012.

That was January 2011. 

Lafferty was in majorca on Saturday with his family and friends so obviously not been training.  Was happy to pose for a pic with my son though

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The guys a complete roaster. Could have stayed here, played games, scored goals, instead he downed tools here and spread his cheeks when Rangers Mark II came calling. 

**** Kyle Lafferty and all who sail with him.

Imagine wanting to go to a much bigger club on much more money that happens to be his boyhood hero’s eh?  The devil. 

16 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

But that's the big unknown isn't it. IF Naismith can play regularly. What if he can't?

What if Lafferty can’t ?

30 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

How many goals did he score last season? 

How many goals did he score the season before he came to us? 

When was the last time he scored, or scored almost, 20 goals in a season? 

Edited by SUTOL

Bunny Munro

I've not read they full thread so sorry if someone has made this point before.

He only signed for us, and played well for us, to get a better move. We were a stepping stone for him. I'm not complaining, it worked well for both parties. But if rather not see him without that motivation.