Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, communist said:

I still think isma is twice the player lafferty is. If only isma was born in Northern Ireland he'd have gotten far more backing from sections of the support. 

Still, I'd probably take lafferty back if he was on a sensible wage and had his head screwed on. 

Lafferty has had a career at a higher level than isma who BTW couldn't pass the ball five yards at times. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Lafferty has had a career at a higher level than isma who BTW couldn't pass the ball five yards at times. 

A bit like Uche, who does a brilliant impression of desperate dan by barging into the opposition defence then trying a shot that usually makes sitting in the Gorgie stand dangerous.

Inch Hearts

I still think isma is twice the player lafferty is. If only isma was born in Northern Ireland he'd have gotten far more backing from sections of the support. 

Still, I'd probably take lafferty back if he was on a sensible wage and had his head screwed on. 

Behave.  

+ 1 for the first part

-1 for the 2nd part.

Just now, communist said:

Jesus h Christ Isma made Lafferty look like Sir Paul Hartley in terms of effort 

simplesimon

I don't want him back.  Scored a few spectacular goals but frustrated the hell out of me by giving the ball away constantly.  Our start of season form was best with him on the bench.  Yes, he scored 18 goals but did he not have zero or close to assists.  Please dont take him back.

20 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Jesus h Christ Isma made Lafferty look like Sir Paul Hartley in terms of effort 

I'll respectfully disagree. 

Lafferty could be accused of only showing for the big games far more imo. 

4 hours ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

Decent player but do not want to see him in Maroon again. Think a lot of the current squad would feel the same

So your saying many of the current squad would hate for Laff to return. 

Well that's a shame he must of gone on the wrong side of many people.

4 hours ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

Decent player but do not want to see him in Maroon again. Think a lot of the current squad would feel the same

What are basing your shout on knowing what the players are thinking on lafferty or anything for that matter hahaha ?‍♂️?

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, OTT said:

Part of me thinks about him being high maintenance, boo-****ing-hoo. Levein is likely on north of 100K a year. If Lafferty is still sharp enough to play for us then sign him and just ****ing deal with it. Thats why you get paid good money.

Stick him on a contract that penalises him for arseholery. Job done. 

Regarding the players feelings, I don't happen to love everyone I work with, but I can respect people who I don't necessarily get on with because they are good at what they do. In that same vein, this isn't the players decision. They're professionals, they'll get on with it. 

Bargain for doing two jobs! I remember Peter Houston wanted twice that while at D Utd and left because they wouldn't give him it.

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

So your saying many of the current squad would hate for Laff to return. 

Well that's a shame he must of gone on the wrong side of many people.

A lot of the current squad who finished 6th in the league. again. Boo f'n hoo! I appreciate we also finished 6th in the league when he was here last time but can't deny the football got worse."He only turns up for the big games", It'd be nice if someone did.

KYLE LAFFERTY and Graham Dorrans could have played their last games for Rangers after being left out of Steven Gerrard’s squad for the pre-season trip to Portugal.

15 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I haven't a problem with Laff leaving for the team he supported and left for England. He played his best football when Naismith was playing and I guess that's one of those  partnerships that work.

If he was to return to Hearts I reckon he'd get a good welcome.

Certainly where I am with respect to Lafferty. He made us a few bob when he left. He is a big game player and I think he would do well.

pettigrewsstylist
16 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I haven't a problem with Laff leaving for the team he supported and left for England. He played his best football when Naismith was playing and I guess that's one of those  partnerships that work.

If he was to return to Hearts I reckon he'd get a good welcome.

He would from me. 

19 goals, important games, signed for boyhood heroes. 

History suggest we will probably wait decades for another striker to do that. If hes available and willing we should try and get it done imo.

The rest is part n parcel of a mgrs job.

Selkirkhmfc1874
33 minutes ago, jambotony said:

just a wee question... How would we feel if naff were to sign for Hibs?

They welcome to him 

way out west jambo
13 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

They welcome to him 

You would prefer it if Lafferty signed for Hibs than Hearts?? ??

This in a nutshell just shows the mentality of some of our support. It also shows that people who don’t want Lafferty back at hearts do not know anything about football.

If Lafferty resigns for hearts, you’ll see one of the biggest rounds of applause, cheers & Lafferty chants, when he comes on for his debut I guarantee you. 95% of the support will be in their feet applauding him when he comes on. The haters will be in the minority and you’ll miss 5 minutes of the game because you’ll be the only ones sitting in your section while the rest of the fans are on their feet welcoming back big Kyle. 

46 minutes ago, way out west jambo said:

You would prefer it if Lafferty signed for Hibs than Hearts?? ??

This in a nutshell just shows the mentality of some of our support. It also shows that people who don’t want Lafferty back at hearts do not know anything about football.

If Lafferty resigns for hearts, you’ll see one of the biggest rounds of applause, cheers & Lafferty chants, when he comes on for his debut I guarantee you. 95% of the support will be in their feet applauding him when he comes on. The haters will be in the minority and you’ll miss 5 minutes of the game because you’ll be the only ones sitting in your section while the rest of the fans are on their feet welcoming back big Kyle. 

Says more about you. Something tells me you wouldn't be so supportive if he signed for Celtic and celebrated they way he did. Let me guess, you hate big Elvis.

I understand the feelings here for and against but at the end of the day if a player is in a Hearts top then that`s it for me.

22 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Would be a great signing but won't happen while Levein is here. He was signed by Cathro/MacPhee previously. Levein always talks about "uncomplicated" players, ones that "don't give me any trouble", players that toe the line and do what they're told, in other words. The problem is that many of the best players are those who are a bit of a loose cannon, who try something different on the park, who become cult heroes, who don't stick to rigid systems that stifle flair. Every team needs a couple of those types imo. A team full of mentors won't win you trophies. For example,  the great Rudi Skacel wouldn't have been anywhere near a Levein team imo.

Spot on Enzo. 

Players like Hartley, Flogel, Cameron, Adam, Juanjo, Durie, Fuller, Valois, Fulton, Stamp, Goodwillie, Conway, Robson, Gomes, Flood.... They’d never get near a Levein team....

i wish jj was my dad
17 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Get over yourself with your paranoia.  If you think we can discuss the return of our talisman striker without mentioning the guy who makes pretty much every football decision at the club, then you are more deluded than I thought. I'm sure CL will approve of your unwavering loyalty though?

He really isn't ourr talisman though. He scored a lot of goals and some of them were important but the team weren't noticably better with him playing.Naismith fits that bill.

He scored 19 goals in one season. The problem with last season was that we never replaced him when he left. 

If he was the complete player, we wouldn’t have signed him or have the chance too again. 

To say that he wasn’t/wouldn’t be a great signing is factually wrong. 

I don’t think he’s the first or last player to have some issues, are they really that bad or is it that he comes from N Ireland and likes the Union Jack and for the minority that’s a Big problem ....

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Spot on Enzo. 

Players like Hartley, Flogel, Cameron, Adam, Juanjo, Durie, Fuller, Valois, Fulton, Stamp, Goodwillie, Conway, Robson, Gomes, Flood.... They’d never get near a Levein team....

I'll say it again....Rudi Skacel would never be anywhere near a Levein team. That's 2 time Scottish Cup winner Rudi Skacel, I'm referring to ....quite what that has to do with Willo "%$@ Flood , an identikit Levein player, only you know.

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

He really isn't ourr talisman though. He scored a lot of goals and some of them were important but the team weren't noticably better with him playing.Naismith fits that bill.

I disagree. 

i wish jj was my dad
9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I disagree. 

You disagree that Naismith is our talisman? 

13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'll say it again....Rudi Skacel would never be anywhere near a Levein team. That's 2 time Scottish Cup winner Rudi Skacel, I'm referring to ....quite what that has to do with Willo "%$@ Flood , an identikit Levein player, only you know.

I think Skacel would be in a Levein team just like Hartley was. It was his Dundee Utd team that won the Scottish Cup and destroyed us many times. 

Can you you explain why Naismith gets a game in a Levein team? A bit wee is he not? 

You carry on with your wee vendetta though. 

Edited by Rudolf

tokyowalnut

His attitude and workrate against teams outwith Celtic and Hibs was poor. Rarely held the ball up, didn't bring players into play and he missed some sitters.  He didnt get us any higher in the league or further in the cups than the past season without him. 

I'm spilt on him. Can see for and against. 

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I think Skacel would be in a Levein team just like Hartley was. It was his Dundee Utd team that won the Scottish Cup and destroyed us many times. 

Can you you explain why Naismith gets a game in a Levein team? A bit wee is he not? 

You carry on with your wee vendetta though. 

Just to add a dosage of fact to your post, the majority of the Hearts players you mention..Cameron, Adam, Fulton, Flogel, Juanjo etc were JJ signings. 

If you read my post, I am referring to flair players like Skacel, who tend to do their own thing, a flash of brilliance that hasn't been pre- planned by the manager. That may well come at the expense of tracking back at times or defending corners. Anathema to Levein. 

It may well be "Levein's team" that won the Scottish Cup but it waa Peter Houston who guided them through the latter stages, set the team up, delivered the team talk, made the subs and ultimately lifted the Cup. There is absolutely no guarantee Levein would have achieved that, he might well have, but he didn't. They did beat us several times during our crazy years between the Cup wins, but our teams a couple of years either side of that period would have destroyed his Dundee Utd team

Enzo Chiefo
21 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

You disagree that Naismith is our talisman? 

Lafferty would be our talisman if he re-signed, regardless of Naismith.

17 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Can you define talisman in this context Enzo. 

16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I dont think he would.   I think uche would play through the middle and lafferty used out wide as levein used him numerous times.  This would take away that bit special he can have and instead have to play more tatically.  

Naismith if playing is our teams talisman

26 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just to add a dosage of fact to your post, the majority of the Hearts players you mention..Cameron, Adam, Fulton, Flogel, Juanjo etc were JJ signings. 

If you read my post, I am referring to flair players like Skacel, who tend to do their own thing, a flash of brilliance that hasn't been pre- planned by the manager. That may well come at the expense of tracking back at times or defending corners. Anathema to Levein. 

It may well be "Levein's team" that won the Scottish Cup but it waa Peter Houston who guided them through the latter stages, set the team up, delivered the team talk, made the subs and ultimately lifted the Cup. There is absolutely no guarantee Levein would have achieved that, he might well have, but he didn't. They did beat us several times during our crazy years between the Cup wins, but our teams a couple of years either side of that period would have destroyed his Dundee Utd team

You're right!  There's no guarantee he wouldn't have either.

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You're right!  There's no guarantee he wouldn't have either.

Which is why I followed it up by saying , "he might well have". Given that he was away before Utds cup campaign even started , it's clearly Peter Houston's achievement.  

Enzo Chiefo
15 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Can you define talisman in this context Enzo. 

The guy that the fans look to to get a goal from nothing, the figurehead of the team, the guy that can make something happen from nothing. 

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Which is why I followed it up by saying , "he might well have". Given that he was away before Utds cup campaign even started , it's clearly Peter Houston's achievement.  

It was the club's achievement which Peter Houston finished off.  It wasn't simply "Peter Houston's achievement" as you try to make out.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It was the club's achievement which Peter Houston finished off.  It wasn't simply "Peter Houston's achievement" as you try to make out.

I think you know what I meant. In terms of the managerial side of things, Peter Houston was the manager who guided them through the entire tournament. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Shite. This is the same manager who signed and played Valois, a poor man's Rudi.

way out west jambo
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Says more about you. Something tells me you wouldn't be so supportive if he signed for Celtic and celebrated they way he did. Let me guess, you hate big Elvis.

I wouldn’t be supportive of Kyle Lafferty if he signed for Celtic? Is what what you’re asking me?? WTF mate? No I wouldn’t be supportive of KL if he was playing for Celtic. 

Not sure where you are going with the Elvis thing?? I don’t have an issue with him.

Lafferty was a match winner. Big game player.

But I wonder what the likes of Naisy, Berra etc...make of him as senior pros. 

Lots of good players who are a bit out there need managing and Lafferty falls into that category. The question is really do the management and club want all the baggage he comes with.

He actively wanted out of the club when Rangers came calling, Walker essentially did the same. One is vilified,the other is actively wanted back.

As I said in another thread, fully fit both would improve us from a footballing perspective

Enzo Chiefo
26 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Shite. This is the same manager who signed and played Valois, a poor man's Rudi.

You're stretching things even mentioning Valois and Skacel in the same sentence. He flattered to deceive.  Great at the start of the season when the sun was shining - and a lot of the misty eyed recollections were of the original 5-1 game - but on a cold midweek winter's night he was less influential.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You're stretching things even mentioning Valois and Skacel in the same sentence. He flattered to deceive.  Great at the start of the season when the sun was shining - and a lot of the misty eyed recollections were of the original 5-1 game - but on a cold midweek winter's night he was less influential.

Hence the "poor man's Rudi" comparison. Rudi was a luxury player (what a luxury) - so was Valois. The point being Levein has had players like that throughout his managerial career. 

Enzo

You’ve been a Hearts fan long enough (presumably) to remember that’s levein played Juanjo, Valois, Pereirra, aye?

Levein has always tried to get a bit of flair in the team - but he starts with the defence and the spine....as nearly every manager does.

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You speak some pish.

You are quite clearly suggesting that Levein won’t play skilful/flair players.

He does, has and always did.

The quality of those players has fluctuated depending on how much money we had. He had to decrease the cost of his squad every season the last time he was manager FFS.

12 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Lafferty was a match winner. Big game player.

But I wonder what the likes of Naisy, Berra etc...make of him as senior pros. 

Lots of good players who are a bit out there need managing and Lafferty falls into that category. The question is really do the management and club want all the baggage he comes with.

He actively wanted out of the club when Rangers came calling, Walker essentially did the same. One is vilified,the other is actively wanted back.

As I said in another thread, fully fit both would improve us from a footballing perspective

Your second para - widely reported they think he’s a twat.

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Your second para - widely reported they think he’s a twat.

If true you'd think their input into signings would be important, especially if Naisy was in a coaching role and Berra as Captain

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Hence the "poor man's Rudi" comparison. Rudi was a luxury player (what a luxury) - so was Valois. The point being Levein has had players like that throughout his managerial career. 

I'm not saying he hasn't played anyone with flair. He has. However, they don't always fit into the way Levein wants to play. How long did Valois last? He scored 2 goals in total and was emptied after a year or so.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm not saying he hasn't played anyone with flair. He has. However, they don't always fit into the way Levein wants to play. How long did Valois last? He scored 2 goals in total and was emptied after a year or so.

He was but Rudi left after one season too, don't forget.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He was but Rudi left after one season too, don't forget.

Yes, you are correct. Thankfully,  he returned ....and did a bit more damage?

Enzo Chiefo
12 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You speak some pish.

You are quite clearly suggesting that Levein won’t play skilful/flair players.

He does, has and always did.

The quality of those players has fluctuated depending on how much money we had. He had to decrease the cost of his squad every season the last time he was manager FFS.

It's not all down to money Jammy. It's about how you utilise your flair players to get the best out of them. Players like Perreira, Juanjo and Valois were moved on pretty quickly.