Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Wasn’t he only giving it back cause he had been giving abuse for 90 mins? 

That is his excuse.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Really? 

Alan Combe wrote CCS on a bit of paper and showed it to the Hearts fans? 

No way. That would too bizarre for words.

Any footage of this alleged incident?

Scottish football would be a better place without this unhinged arsehole, I try to give folk the benefit of the doubt but this guy will just never learn how to behave properly. Total *****.

47 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

01 NOV NEIL LENNON, WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME?

Before we start, this column applies to every club who has a group of supporters who can’t behave.

Hooligans, thugs, and bigots still dominate Scottish football, they haven’t gone away, they just try to be more clever in trying to get away with their criminal acts of aggression and their vile chants towards any groups that don’t follow their ‘Klan’s’ ethos.

Neil Lennon was once again the target for Hearts fans in this latest attack on the Hibs manager at Tynecastle on Wednesday night. He fits all the stereotypes despised by a group of people who still believe Great Britain has an empire and that Protestants are the chosen people.

Anyone outside that group tends to suffer their wrath on any platform they wander through. New laws and old laws mean nothing to many of these idiots who are brought up or dragged up by their parents to believe anyone not sharing their beliefs should be targeted at every opportunity for all types of abuse, physical and mental.

I was at Tynecastle the night another thug ran onto the touchline to attack the then Celtic manager Neil Lennon because he thought he was perfectly justified in showing the northern Irish Catholic that his lot won’t tolerate any banter or insubordination from the ‘wee ginger-headed bead rattler.’

‘He brings it upon himself’ another well worn piece of crap from lunatics trying to justify any piece of thuggery towards an individual who happens to wear green, is a Catholic and is associated with Celtic at any time in his career.

You can shout from the high heavens that this is not about religion, that this is merely an incident between two rival clubs with a hatred for each other in the capital city. However, you are naive if you don’t believe that Lennon is the target for an exaggerated amount of abuse because he is a roman catholic.

Hearts are a great club and the majority of their fans are a different class. I know, because I lived in the city for twelve years and count many of them as my friends. The board, led by Ann Budge are the envy of many clubs up and down the country. She won’t stand for thuggery and she’ll act swiftly to ban this nutcase, if they can identify him or her from cctv or tv pictures.

More Latest Scottish News

Ehhh...........no.

I doubt the idiot who brought disrepute to our club and  threw the coin even stopped to contemplate the religious beliefs of Lennon.

The most likely contributing factor was because Lennon is, and always has been, a complete nob who thought that goading  the opposition fans was a spiffing idea.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

You seem to give Lennon an excuse for acting like a cretin just because you say he was abused for 90 minutes.

As a football Manager he is in a position of responsibility. In an explosive atmosphere he chose to taut Hearts fans in a totally over the top way. Frankly his idiotic behaviour was as bad as the idiot who threw the coin. There is no excuse for the coin thrower and I hope he's jailed, however the "I was abused for 90 minutes" is no excuse for Lennon's volatile either - Levein was abused at the last Derby at ER for 90 minutes however he stood up to it without stupid antics. 

And to get back to our original debate. I said I respected Tom English as a pundit - he generally calls it as it is - both good and bad for Hearts. However his comment that Lennon was only trying to "calm" the crowd was utter shite - something you seem to agree with now.

My kids and me sit row 2 right at the dugout and the abuse directed at him is on a totally different level to any other manager a can assure you of that and a don't agree with that bit about Tom English I've already said that.

Way a see it is halfwits abusing a manager like that have no right to complain when they get a bit back after the abuse they've gave the guy for 90mins 

16 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The coin hit Lennon on the face, clear as day on the TV.

The dick who flung it has disgraced Heart of Midlothian Football Club and hopefully he/she will never darked any entrance of any football stadium ever again.

No matter what Lennon did the person who flung it has shamed the name of Heart of Midlothian.

Aye, this.

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

My kids and me sit row 2 right at the dugout and the abuse directed at him is on a totally different level to any other manager a can assure you of that and a don't agree with that bit about Tom English I've already said that.

Way a see it is halfwits abusing a manager like that have no right to complain when they get a bit back after the abuse they've gave the guy for 90mins 

Feel free to sent in a letter of support for victimised Neil Lennon when the SFA hold their enquiry.

The thing I find amazing about NL’s comment, is his claim it was ‘all light hearted until that point’,  yet less than a minute previously he acknowledged that Bobby was punched before... he then goes on to talk about other objects being thrown throughout the game. 

So, essentially he’s arguing it’s fine until it happens to him. 

Why did Neil Lennon receive parcel bombs and the for example Brendan Rogers doesn't? Cos he asks for it by his actions and has no class that a manager should have. And I hope he still gets pelted by coins until he stops behaving like that

I'm just waiting on someone on here to play the "Neil's got mental problems" sympathy card.......

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Feel free to sent in a letter of support for victimised Neil Lennon when the SFA hold their enquiry.

You being silly now !! There's been few disgraced themselves last few days between nonsense at murrayfield and nonsense last night by both hearts and hibs fans 

27 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

No way. That would too bizarre for words.

Any footage of this alleged incident?

Don't have any footage but he definitely held something up whilst trying to act the hard *****. I think it might have been on a notepad or clipboard?

Edited by Gershwin

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You being silly now !! There's been few disgraced themselves last few days between nonsense at murrayfield and nonsense last night by both hearts and hibs fans 

Totally agree - these idiots deserve to driven away from our Club.  As I said I hope the coin throwers from both Clubs get jailed.

All that said I give Lennon absolutely no excuse for his irresponsible taunting of Hearts that had every chance of causing serious disorder in what was already a fraught atmosphere!

He had a bad reputation in England, and when he came up to Scotland I said he would cause trouble bother on and off the park - sadly I was absolutely correct. 

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

image.jpg

Russell Road.

We need this like a hole in the head - I guarantee this will be spread all over the media

25 minutes ago, Henry1874 said:

Why did Neil Lennon receive parcel bombs and the for example Brendan Rogers doesn't? Cos he asks for it by his actions and has no class that a manager should have. And I hope he still gets pelted by coins until he stops behaving like that

Wasn’t it because he was NI captain playing for Celtic? 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

We need this like a hole in the head - I guarantee this will be spread all over the media

Already is T.

Another one for the list.

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Lennon will love this, he's an attention seeking rat.

It's actually well done though, decent font, boy's no amateur. And nice maroon paint.

6 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

image.jpg

Russell Road.

I'm absolutely stunned at the amount of people on this board deflecting blame onto Lennon. This stuff is getting beyond a joke. Grannies getting bottled, linesmen assaulted, Lennon assaulted for the second time, etc, etc.

The fact is, the Hearts support has an increasingly nasty element in it, not least the cringeworthy pre-pubescent bigots in the bottom corner of the Wheatfield, who don't seem to know or care where the line between "atmosphere" and "totally out of order" is any more.

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Already is T.

Another one for the list.

:facepalm:

It was Lennon who highlighted the absence of any facial mark from the coin.     This fact is significant and explains a lot.

Why point out the lack of a mark?    I know why.    So will other people.     

Sadly nobody in the media will mention it.

1 minute ago, De Nile said:

I'm absolutely stunned at the amount of people on this board deflecting blame onto Lennon. This stuff is getting beyond a joke. Grannies getting bottled, linesmen assaulted, Lennon assaulted for the second time, etc, etc.

The fact is, the Hearts support has an increasingly nasty element in it, not least the cringeworthy pre-pubescent bigots in the bottom corner of the Wheatfield, who don't seem to know or care where the line between "atmosphere" and "totally out of order" is any more.

Grannies getting bottled? One older woman was sadly caught up in an altercation between 2 sets of thugs. It's not like we have a section of our support targeting pensioners.

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

:facepalm:

The baldy BBC boy is all over this like a rash. Not one mention in his twitter feed about the punch on Bobby though.

Just now, De Nile said:

Nobody is deflecting the shocking behaviour of our fans on to Lennon.  These morons need driven out of our Club, however the issue is more to do with society and total lack of respect than the Club.

The behaviour from both sets of fans was appalling last night which cannot be condoned.

The point being made is that Lennon was fully aware of the explosive atmosphere of a Derby, and as an experienced Manager has a duty to act responsibly and not sink to the level of some of the Neds in the crowd.

He chose not to, and decided to enflame the situation by taunting Hearts fans who were at boiling point after having a goal ruled out.

Not for the first time has he done this at Tynecastle and other grounds in Scotland - his airplane antics at ER being the latest.

Many things needs to change in society and football to get a grip of this type of hooliganism - Lennon's behaviour also needs to change.

7 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Grannies getting bottled? One older woman was sadly caught up in an altercation between 2 sets of thugs. It's not like we have a section of our support targeting pensioners.

Some love to paint it that way - including some of our support (erm) seemingly............

19 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Lennon will love this, he's an attention seeking rat.

It's actually well done though, decent font, boy's no amateur. And nice maroon paint.

Surely the rat is the prick who done it?  Now that is pondlife.  I’m going to say it was a hun or John Wilson. 

14 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

The baldy BBC boy is all over this like a rash. Not one mention in his twitter feed about the punch on Bobby though.

It would have been all over the news about Bobby getting assaulted if some prick in the main stand didn’t give them ammunition for a story that will appeal more to Glasgow and the U.K. 

18 minutes ago, De Nile said:

You will always get idiots that throw bottles and coins etc so there's not much that we can do about it. Maybe go and support rugby if it's too distressing for you

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

It would have been all over the news about Bobby getting assaulted if some prick in the main stand didn’t give them ammunition for a story that will appeal more to Glasgow and the U.K. 

It would have had more coverage but i doubt it would have been all over the news though.

I've been thinking today. It'd be a shame if the Embra derby went the way of the Old Firm, and could never be played in the evening/late afternoon. Maybe both clubs need to get their heads together before this spirals out of control? Perhaps even fans groups themselves?

I know a lot of folk will think this is all a big overreaction, but based on what I saw last night, with flares, coins and drinks being lobbed indiscriminately from out of both ends, someone will inevitably get badly hurt sooner or later. And then the authorities will end up massively overcompensating, and denude the whole fixture of any atmosphere.

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Absolutely disgusting 

I can see that this whole affair has really upset you.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

It would have had more coverage but i doubt it would have been all over the news though.

True.  We look the bad guys in all of this though.  That’s what I dinnae like. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Classic BBC Scotland. No mention of this when the old firm write IRA, FTP, mock the Ibrox disaster but to fill the columns today they drive a van load of ‘reporters’ east to photograph some stupid graffiti.

Arseholes whoever did it.

Just now, De Nile said:

I've been thinking today. It'd be a shame if the Embra derby went the way of the Old Firm, and could never be played in the evening/late afternoon. Maybe both clubs need to get their heads together before this spirals out of control? Perhaps even fans groups themselves?

I know a lot of folk will think this is all a big overreaction, but based on what I saw last night, with flares, coins and drinks being lobbed indiscriminately from out of both ends, someone will inevitably get badly hurt sooner or later. And then the authorities will end up massively overcompensating, and denude the whole fixture of any atmosphere.

The better the teams the more the rivalry will happen.  I ****in hate hibs but I wouldn’t punch or launch stuff at folk I don’t know.  Primarily because I’m a dad who tries to set an example. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I can see that this whole affair has really upset you.

Yeah because a small minority being the good name of Heart Of Midlothian down ! I bring my 2 young boys 2 games and don't want them seeing this kinda garbage associated with HMFC 

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Classic BBC Scotland. No mention of this when the old firm write IRA, FTP, mock the Ibrox disaster but to fill the columns today they drive a van load of ‘reporters’ east to photograph some stupid graffiti.

Arseholes whoever did it.

Probably a daily record hack. 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

BBC site still treating Zlamal incident as alleged,   Lennon as fact.

I think it might be time to wheel poor Bobby out for the cameras.

44 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

image.jpg

Russell Road.

It actually said “hang on, Neil Lennon is ace” in an act of remorse. Disgracefully photoshopped.

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah because a small minority being the good name of Heart Of Midlothian down ! I bring my 2 young boys 2 games and don't want them seeing this kinda garbage associated with HMFC 

If you are referring to the graffiti, did you not stop taking them to the games when Hibs fans painted disgusting Ann Budge graffiti on walls in Russell Road a few months back???

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I think it might be time to wheel poor Bobby out for the cameras.

Got a feeling he might do the press conference for the Celtic game.

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Thankfully those with some sense will realise that a handful of idiots don’t represent a football club. The Sun and Record will hype this up as Scotland’s shame to rally the stupids. 

15 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

True.  We look the bad guys in all of this though.  That’s what I dinnae like. 

We always are!

This is actually true.

Waiting for the bus to work yesterday, a lorry went by and by some freak, a wee stone squirted out from underneath one of its wheels and zinged towards me, nipping me on the coupon just below the left eye.

Didn't do any real damage but it hurt. And I've certainly got a wee mark to remember it by for a few days.

It must have been quite similar to being hit by a coin.

Tell you what, though - the impact didn't  even come close to knocking me over...