Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

...a bit disco

Probably wasn't aimed at Lennon anyway.

More likely a donation to his jakey assistant for a cup of tea on such a cold night.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

How do you know he would have assaults garuccio ? Bottom line here is they guy being hit by a coin can't be defended as is the moron who punched out goalkeeper , the clowns throwing flares, bottled etc etc and that's without mentioning Sundays nonsense 

Who’s defending the coin thrower? You’ve become entangled in your own virtue signalling that you seem unwilling to have a proper debate. 

5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Probably wasn't aimed at Lennon anyway.

More likely a donation to his jakey assistant for a cup of tea on such a cold night.

This is an arsehole comment. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
55 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Sounds to me like it did both? The coin came from height, it's not much of a stretch to surmise it hit his face then chest, especially when hearts men in the vicinity saw it with their own eyes.

As I said above, if it hit him in the face where he says it did, how would that video prove it did or didn't when it doesn't show the claimed point of contact?

Hit his face, fell straight down with enough momentum to still bounce from his chest? No. 

Must have been thrown with some power, I imagine the cut on his face is something to see. 

Nelly Terraces

The only issues about last night that REALLY bother me are:

1. Why didn't Bartley get sent off for a ludicrous challenge early on?

2. Why was our perfectly good goal disallowed?

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

This is an arsehole comment. 

Really?

Brevity is not allowed in your world?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
53 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hearts witnesses saw it and TV footage doesn't disprove otherwise. 

It's not really the point though, we don't need to prove that Lennon's a giant prick, that's an established fact. Let's face it, he'd claim it hit him in the face whether it did or didn't, he's a wank, but the biggest prick here is the guy who threw the coin. He's the one that's made Hearts look like ***** this morning.

I saw you shoot JFK. TV footage doesn't disprove otherwise. 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Were you concise

"Brief, but comprehensive" in a jocular manner?

I would say so.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
23 minutes ago, stevie.nolan.5 said:

I was in row 3 it hit his chest !!!

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Who's saying it didn't hit him in the chest? I'm just saying that Hearts supporting witnesses say it hit him in the face and that the footage doesn't prove that it didn't hit him in the face before the chest. 

I didn't say Hearts were to blame by the way, I said he made us look like ****s.

And also Hearts supporting witnesses saying it didn't. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
16 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Who’s defending the coin thrower? You’ve become entangled in your own virtue signalling that you seem unwilling to have a proper debate. 

Not at all you said if Lennon  wasn't stopped he'd have assaulted garuccio which you've made up 

Still not convinced however I’ve looked closer at the video and have highlighted the coin(?) falling onto Lennon.

If you look closely at the video above that iantjambo posted which it edited then the coin hits him. 

the other photo is Lennon right side of his face and is clearly not marked, swollen, cut or bruised. 

714F016B-C512-42F9-B504-4ED02708E40C.jpeg

757EE80F-6055-43ED-A82C-117666851DD4.jpeg

I shall be watching this with interest to see if we get a fine of some sorts.

If we do I hope we bring up the Rangers V Livi game where the linesman required treatment and was actually bloodied.

Maybe fines are the way to go, as long as they are handed out to ALL clubs.

5 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

I saw you shoot JFK. TV footage doesn't disprove otherwise. 

The fact I hadn't been born yet does though, so you're hardly credible.

There's one poster whose word I particularly respect, who I know is a genuine Hearts man who said they saw it. Others did too, which adds to the credibility.

Now I'm not interested in going against the grain for the sake of it, I'm not interested in defending lennon and I'm not interested in demonising Hearts.

All I'm saying is that a few people with no reason to lie have said they saw it, and the footage doesn't show that it didn't. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, neonjambo said:

I shall be watching this with interest to see if we get a fine of some sorts.

If we do I hope we bring up the Rangers V Livi game where the linesman required treatment and was actually bloodied.

Maybe fines are the way to go, as long as they are handed out to ALL clubs.

Rangers and livi game was one incident, last night we had our goalkeeper punched, Lennon hit with coin, assistant referee assaulted , flares thrown and a bottle thrown into fans inside stadium 

On a side note, I'm not sure you can get way with playing the hard man in your post match interview after going down like that to a coin brushing your chest? 

"See him face to face" 

"I demand respect"

Sure thing tough guy.

With that being said, It's embarrassing to throw coins and I wish our supporter hadn't. There was a few shameful incidents last night on both sides and that's not what the Edinburgh derby should represent.

1 hour ago, Jambomuzz said:

100% hit him in the face. Seen it with my own eyes. 

I humbly suggest you book an appointment with an optician. Sooner rather than later.

Whoever threw that coin at that man, is a complete *****.

That man has been abused for an hour and a half and now has the temerity to give some back, I'll show him. Throw something at him, he obviously hasn't learned his lesson. What to throw? Keys? naw need into my house, phone? naw, still playing angry birds, and they might trace me, haud oan, I have some coins, a wee rummage about, **** nothing smaller than a pound, **** it, that will do and with luck I might blind another Human Being.

Any ***** throwing anything at anybody, particularity hiding in a crowd, is a *****.

Hope you get caught, jailed and banned from not just Tynie but every football ground. 

14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not at all you said if Lennon  wasn't stopped he'd have assaulted garuccio which you've made up 

Yes if he’d got free from the clutches of Parker and Murray he was going to offer Ben some tips on Edinburgh’s culinary hot spots.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Then you shouldn't be surprised when some dafty cranks it up a notch and sticks one on you.

Every grown adult first and foremost has a duty of care to themselves - however unfair or unpalatable that may be.

If I, for example, was watching the match in the Loch Inn and decided to rise above the 'banter' from the natives I'd be within my rights to expect safe passage after the game. If I behaved as Lennon did last night however, I'd expect a spectacular second prize.

If you don't want stung keep your hand out of the hornets nest. 

No other manager has been assaulted at Tynecastle by a supporter in the entire history of the club. Lennon has been twatted twice. He'd have you believe it's because he's a poor, persecuted, misunderstood, Irish Catholic, but the reality is it's because he plays the part of an utter **** with Shakespearean aplomb.

It really is that simple

Good post and a good analogy.

In addition to this, i'd also like to hear more about what Neil Lennon was actually suggesting with his desire to meet the coin thrower, even if they were a lady........ it seems pretty clear to me what he's implying would happen in the event of such a meeting. And I don't think that's the kinda thing professional football managers should be coming out with, regardless of whether or not someone's lobbed a coin at them.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Yes if he’d got free from the clutches of Parker and Murray he was going to offer Ben some tips on Edinburgh’s culinary hot spots.

You don't know if he'd assault him , as a manager can you give example of any other player he's assaulted ?

14 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Utter nonsense. He’s made a tit of himself, not Hearts. 

Both coin thrower and Lennon should be barred from all football grounds. How that cretin hasn't been done for inciting crowd violence before now is beyond me. Trouble follows that man around like a bad rash  and it's about time the authorities stepped in. Gary Caldwell summed it up perfectly.

I personally don't believe it hit his face. Surely would've left a mark if it had. You clearly see it hit his jacket, he looks down, thinks about it and then goes down in the fakest most theatrical way ever holding his face. He's at it. 

Loads of folk were getting pelted with stuff last night, which is a disgrace BUT it’s not more important because NL got hit. I bet there was 8year old kids who dealt with it better than NL.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, stotty said:

I personally don't believe it hit his face. Surely would've left a mark if it had. You clearly see it hit his jacket, he looks down, thinks about it and then goes down in the fakest most theatrical way ever holding his face. He's at it. 

"Wur goin' doon Stotty"

:lol:

He didn’t get hit in the puss, no danger!  He was highlighting the incident that’s about it.

who attacked the lino? Us or them?  Why was the goal disallowed for nothing? 

55 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

None of the videos show where the coin came from. From the video quoted, the coin came from just above the away dugout and slightly to the right. By all means it looks to have bounced off his face but I can assure you it hit his face first. 

You're wrong.

The video shows the coin hit him on his left tit, followed by Lennon holding the right side of his face. Can you explain the physics behind this? How a coin can hit someone on the right side of his chin and ricochet onto the left side of his body?

I don't doubt what you might think you saw, the camera proves otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You don't know if he'd assault him , as a manager can you give example of any other player he's assaulted ?

Are you seriously defending Neil Lennon’s character? 

Governor Tarkin
31 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

"Brief, but comprehensive" in a jocular manner?

I would say so.

So would I.

I'm warming to you disco. ?

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So would I.

I'm warming to you disco. ?

:thumbsup:

Cheers Gov.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Mate, your miles off.  Those celebrations came from our goals/successes and in the main did not involve goading opposition supporters.  It’s totally different.

Is there much of a difference celebrating a last min winner or a last minute loser chalked off?  Zal and Rudi done stuff at their shit tip.

Lets be honest, they score a last min winner in Lochend it’s disallowed and Levein gives it laldy he would be a hero and the vermin throwing coins condemned. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Are you seriously defending Neil Lennon’s character? 

No not at all , can't stand they guy but last night was totally outa order 

59 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Tom English did actually say on the radio “he (NL) was just trying to calm the crowd down after the disallowed goal”

stunned by that ☝️ 

I have had respect from Tom English but he was talking absolute shite last night. Lennon was goading the Hearts fans and set in motion the horrendous events!!  He needs nailed for that!!

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, stotty said:

I don't get it. 

Famous quote from a Hibs fan to Grant Stoat in their (and our) relegation season.

Sorry mate, couldn't resist.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Lets be honest, they score a last min winner in Lochend it’s disallowed and Levein gives it laldy he would be a hero and the vermin throwing coins condemned. 

Correct, however he'd also be the architect of his own misfortune.

Them's the rules.

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Famous quote from a Hibs fan to Grant Stoat in their (and our) relegation season.

Sorry mate, couldn't resist.

Haha, OK. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I have had respect from Tom English but he was talking absolute shite last night. Lennon was goading the Hearts fans and set in motion the horrendous events!!  He needs nailed for that!!

What you mean is you respect him when he agrees with your opinion but when his opinion differs he talking rubbish 

Firstly, no one should be chucking coins at players or managers regardless of how distasteful the particular individual may be.

Secondly, Neil Lennon is an irresponsible halfwit who could have caused a riot and also, went down like a big feckin Jessie. 

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Correct, however he'd also be the architect of his own misfortune.

Them's the rules.

I completely agree. 

23 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

On a side note, I'm not sure you can get way with playing the hard man in your post match interview after going down like that to a coin brushing your chest? 

"See him face to face" 

"I demand respect"

Sure thing tough guy.

With that being said, It's embarrassing to throw coins and I wish our supporter hadn't. There was a few shameful incidents last night on both sides and that's not what the Edinburgh derby should represent.

His post match interview just summed him up as the wee Ned that he is - basically calling the coin thrower out for a square go.

I see Dumpster is defending him in the press saying he did not goad Hearts fans.....PLEEEEEZ!!!!

Edited by Thomaso

There is no excuse for any fan throwing any object at anyone.

There is also no excuse for a manager repeatedly behaving in such an unprofessional manner.

There’s a reason players get booked for simply celebrating a goal in front of opposition fans. And we all saw, Fenlon got sent off for much less in the Cup Final. Why does Lennon think he can stand there are goad opposition fans without the same punishment?

At best he has a serious lack of common sense. At worst he got the reaction he was looking for.

Pathetic that anyone would react to him, or anyone else, by throwing something, though. It’s stupid, and extremely dangerous. Hope the courts throw the book at all the culprits last night, on both sides. Prison sentences all round have to be dished out to deter this moronic behaviour.

And I hope the SFA have the balls to deal appropriately with Lennon. Time for him to start acting like a grown up.

brunoatemyhamster

How many times does it have to involve Lennon before the boots on the other foot? Not just Tynecastle. He been the common denomenator in 99% of incedent in Scottish football over the last 10 years. 

Hes got to take some responsibility sometime.

He does that infront of the stand where someone tried to put one on him but hes not having it ?

Its going to take something really serious to happen before he learns his lesson.

If he wasn't so protected , id have some sympathy . He deserves everything he get until he holds his hand up for his catalouge of unacceptable behaviour.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Just now, Jambomuzz said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45961225

i find this video shows a better angle of the coin coming down, in line with his face, then bounced off his chest 

Your right. It glances off his cheek.

Hardly a blow to make him collapse in a heap as if he'd been felled by a manhole cover!!!  No cut - no bruise - the wee credit got hit, thought about it - then decided to dramatise the whole incident!!!

Just now, brunoatemyhamster said:

How many times does it have to involve Lennon before the boots on the other foot? Not just Tynecastle. He been the common denomenator in 99% of incedent in Scottish football over the last 10 years. 

Hes got to take some responsibility sometime.

He does that infront of the stand where someone tried to put one on him but hes not having it ?

Its going to take something really serious to happen before he learns his lesson.

If he wasn't so protected , id have some sympathy . He deserves everything he get until he holds his hands up.

He will never hold his hand up - he is always the victim and painted as such by the media!!