Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

Firstly I have nothing but contempt for all the perpetrators of last night incidents, but lets look at the two main situations.

1. Neil Lennon - hit by a coin.

Its a fairly random and ineffective way of attacking someone - with a low probability of success,just as likely to have hit any number of other people in the area.

Lennon at the time was goading the home fans over the disallowed equalizer. If he had been where he should have been, in the dugout or technical area the likelihood is that he would not have been hit.

He falls to the ground - after being hit by a coin seriously? I have seen people and have myself been hit on the head by a golf ball travelling much faster and none of us felt the need to fall-  bend forward hold your head yes -fall down I think not!! Does not seem to have any marks on his face ( I know its difficult to tell) after being hit by a coin really??

2. Bobby - Whilst going to collect the ball, and not in any way inciting the Hibs fans, is punched by a Hibs fan - actual physical assault, set of keys thrown at him and numerous coins allegedly,they missed but the intent was the same .Which is by far the more serious offense?

And yet the "wee victim" is getting most of the coverage.A number of football pundits have commented how Lennon contributed towards the event with his actions. No such thing with Bobby's assault.

Actions liable to incite violence is an offence - step up Neil!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

The individual who threw the coin must be identified and dealt with in an appropriate manner, there is no question about that. But in my view any analysis of the incident has to start with Lennon. No crowd goading no coin throwing.

He has a history of crowd goading and this is the inevitable result of it. If the authorities or even the law were to introduce a rule stating no gesticulating/interacting with opposition crowds in any way what manager in the country but Lennon would even care about that?

He claims it was a response to him being goaded by the crowd. Big deal, are players being goaded free to respond? What about a ref who has been subject to a bit of the old 'whose the ******* in the black?' Is he then entitled to a bit of return goading after disallowing a goal? 

Something has to be done about him because he's a full scale riot waiting to happen.

ginger jambo98
3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Firstly I have nothing but contempt for all the perpetrators of last night incidents, but lets look at the two main situations.

1. Neil Lennon - hit by a coin.

Its a fairly random and ineffective way of attacking someone - with a low probability of success,just as likely to have hit any number of other people in the area.

Lennon at the time was goading the home fans over the disallowed equalizer. If he had been where he should have been, in the dugout or technical area the likelihood is that he would not have been hit.

He falls to the ground - after being hit by a coin seriously? I have seen people and have myself been hit on the head by a golf ball travelling much faster and none of us felt the need to fall-  bend forward hold your head yes -fall down I think not!! Does not seem to have any marks on his face ( I know its difficult to tell) after being hit by a coin really??

2. Bobby - Whilst going to collect the ball, and not in any way inciting the Hibs fans, is punched by a Hibs fan - actual physical assault, set of keys thrown at him and numerous coins allegedly,they missed but the intent was the same .Which is by far the more serious offense?

And yet the "wee victim" is getting most of the coverage.A number of football pundits have commented how Lennon contributed towards the event with his actions. No such thing with Bobby's assault.

Actions liable to incite violence is an offence - step up Neil!!!

The reason there is no mark on his face is because the coin hit him on his chest. Still a hugely cowardly thing to do in terms of the coin thrower but Lennon makes the incident newsworthy by choosing to hit the ground in dramatic style a couple of paces after the coin hits his jacket.

Certainly don't condone throwing coins, but it has to be said he doesn't help himself with the way he carries on. If he behaved like this in a crowd of people on the street he would get arrested for inciting a riot.  Made it look worse than it was. Looked down at the coin, then after thinking about it, fell to the ground clutching his head  like he had been hit like a brick!!!!! 

Kinda the point I was trying to make - you absolutely get it, he is totally trying to divert attention away from his and his supporters actions which were considerably worse.

It doesn't take a genius to realise that Lennon's post-match comments betrayed the truth that he was not speaking whilst highly charged with emotion (I'm very angry,  etc... ).     His comments clearly show how devious and calculating he is.     An absolute conman.     Lots of people have been conned,  again.     Or are content to play the conman's game.

Edited by Victorian

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Equalizer??????

Spell check is a bad bad thing? Thank you to the spelling police

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The individual who threw the coin must be identified and dealt with in an appropriate manner, there is no question about that. But in my view any analysis of the incident has to start with Lennon. No crowd goading no coin throwing.

He has a history of crowd goading and this is the inevitable result of it. If the authorities or even the law were to introduce a rule stating no gesticulating/interacting with opposition crowds in any way what manager in the country but Lennon would even care about that?

He claims it was a response to him being goaded by the crowd. Big deal, are players being goaded free to respond? What about a ref who has been subject to a bit of the old 'whose the ******* in the black?' Is he then entitled to a bit of return goading after disallowing a goal? 

Something has to be done about him because he's a full scale riot waiting to happen.

So it was retaliation according to Lennon?  What is the penalty for retaliation in football?  Minimum "yellow" - possible "red," depending on circumstances.

At a derby it's like a fire and what Lennon did was to fling petrol on that fire.

Coin thrower identified, arrested, charged and banned!

Lennon, not for the first time, back to the stand, with his record, for a long time.

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

So it was retaliation according to Lennon?  What is the penalty for retaliation in football?  Minimum "yellow" - possible "red," depending on circumstances.

At a derby it's like a fire and what Lennon did was to fling petrol on that fire.

Coin thrower identified, arrested, charged and banned!

Lennon, not for the first time, back to the stand, with his record, for a long time.

"People will say I was winding the crowd up; I wasn't. I was just giving a bit back for the abuse I was taking for 90 minutes."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46052581

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, kirkierobroy said:

He gets booed whenever a team of his plays Inverness CT - mainly because of the notorious incident when he faked being headed by Juanjo in an Inverness - Celtic game, it went unseen by the officials but the 4th official alerted them to it and Juanjo was sent off. The red card was rescinded by Lennon was never disciplined.

That's why Inverness supporters boo him. When it occurred, some papers prissily called it 'sectarian abuse'.

Most of the abuse he gets (and I don't condone it and certainly not throwing stuff) he gets because he's obnoxious. It's nothing to do with the church he probably doesn't go to anyway.

He gets self inflicted stick because of his behaviour at every club he visits, those that don't play in green that is. When we give him stick for his arseholery it is sectarianism. Typical. 

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Sexton Hardcastle

See if Lennons agent is able to suggest that he was attacked because of his religion, then surely it is only fair to suggest that he only goads Hearts’s and, to a lesser extent Rangers fans, because a majority of their support are of the opposite faith. 

Cant have it one way and not the other.

6 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

He's a liar!

Sue me, Mr Lennon!

The sheer stupidity is mind boggling. He sees a difference between "winding the crowd up" and "just giving a bit back"?

And again, this means any player or official can do the same and then play a victim card?

28 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Levein received a lot of goodwill and support when he had his health scare,  including from the arsehole.     He was completely compelled to show some support in turn.    He may have anyway for all we know but he had little choice but to show solidarity here.

The way Lennon collapsed, Levein was probably concerned he had had a heart attack, not a jacket attack.

Nelly Terraces

Next derby at the Girodome should be somewhat 'lively' seeing as it's kicking off at 5.30pm & the vast majority of people will be on holiday.

Rather looking forward to it actually. 

Seymour M Hersh
14 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

See if Lennons agent is able to suggest that he was attacked because of his religion, then surely it is only fair to suggest that he only goads Hearts’s and, to a lesser extent Rangers fans, because a majority of their support are of the opposite faith. 

Cant have it one way and not the other.

On talkshite this morning that bell-end White (rhymes with?) was trying to suggest there is a deep rooted religious problem with us and the vermin. 

Sky Sports ladies and Gentlemen 

Nice to see which event actually happened and which one is a simple "he said" 

Screenshot_20181101-185617_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20181101-185622_Twitter.jpg

Big_Hearts_Runner

I felt at the time he went down to break the game up after a Hearts chance and waste time/ make the ref feel like "I better blow the final whistle here". I think he used it to his advantage and the person who threw the coin is even more stupid to give him that opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

On talkshite this morning that bell-end White (rhymes with?) was trying to suggest there is a deep rooted religious problem with us and the vermin. 

It is only Lennon and his team bringing religion into it.

35 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Spell check is a bad bad thing? Thank you to the spelling police

Its nothing to do with your spelling. 

:facepalm:

It's a rather fascist reasoning to impose sectarian ( in this case ) motives to the action or opinions of people without any shred of evidence.      That agent,   as well as others,   have no knowledge of the people they are referring to.    Zilch.

Arrogant,  fascist and utterly deluded.

1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

Its nothing to do with your spelling. 

:facepalm:

Yeh got that now and edited. In bed with flu and been reading that stuff all day - word association I think

My humblest apologies for the mistake.

Lennon is a horrible toxic arsehole absolutely no doubt about it . 

However he didn't deserve to be hit on the face with a coin, nobody does . 

Here is a suggestion though , instead of this banter with the fans why doesn't he just blank out what's going on behind him and consentrate  on managing his team for 90 mins ? 

Thats the crux of the matter , it's got to be the Neil Lennon show , getting involved like no other manager does . 

His employers  should be hammering home this point so it doesnt  happen again . He is fuelling the fire as his previous behaviour constantly proves . 

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, magicjohnston said:

might have been covered by why is it that “Neil Lennon hit in face by coin etc” headlines. But bobby has, “Zlamal claims he was ‘punched’. There’s video footage of it?! Or am I just reading too much into the media nonsense??

Stv news said Bobby was 'allegedly' punched and Dunne 'allegedly' had a mic thrown at him. 

Wankers. 

9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Lennon is a horrible toxic arsehole absolutely no doubt about it . 

However he didn't deserve to be hit on the face with a coin, nobody does . 

Here is a suggestion though , instead of this banter with the fans why doesn't he just blank out what's going on behind him and consentrate  on managing his team for 90 mins ? 

Thats the crux of the matter , it's got to be the Neil Lennon show , getting involved like no other manager does . 

His employers  should be hammering home this point so it doesnt  happen again . He is fuelling the fire as his previous behaviour constantly proves . 

still seen no evidence that the coin hit him in the face. sadly he will be involved in further incidents as he simply cannot change his behaviour

24 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Yeh got that now and edited. In bed with flu and been reading that stuff all day - word association I think

My humblest apologies for the mistake.

I have thought long and hard about this and decided to forgive you, but only on this occasion. ??

31 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's a rather fascist reasoning to impose sectarian ( in this case ) motives to the action or opinions of people without any shred of evidence.      That agent,   as well as others,   have no knowledge of the people they are referring to.    Zilch.

Arrogant,  fascist and utterly deluded.

Indeed.

There have been plenty players/managers over the years that have got my back up. Couldn't tell you which school any of them went to. Haven't a clue ! Can't people just be antagonistic wee arseholes anymore ?

16 minutes ago, henry said:

Lennon should be looking at a lengthy ban.  

This.

Swept under carpet as usual. Big bad Hearts is literally the only thing being talked about. 

What was the outcome for the violent scenes at the Scottish cup final again?

21 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I have thought long and hard about this and decided to forgive you, but only on this occasion. ??

Your graciousness is much appreciated:thumbsup:

Fly the Saltire

Lenton may be a complete idiot goading opposition fans in "banter" but that is no excuse for physically assaulting him.

Throwing coins lighters etc at managers linesmen players etc is criminal and these morons should realise that clubs may face severe penalties if these idiots don't get a life.

Lennon goads fans, fan chucks coin.

Lennon doesn't goad fans, fan doesn't chuck coin.

Tricky conundrum eh.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, magicjohnston said:

might have been covered by why is it that “Neil Lennon hit in face by coin etc” headlines. But bobby has, “Zlamal claims he was ‘punched’. There’s video footage of it?! Or am I just reading too much into the media nonsense??

Nah you’re spot on. Keep hearing the Neil Lennon coin headlines then the wee add on  “and Hearts keeper allegedly hit”.... It’s boiling my piss.

That's two Hearts players physically assaulted with an object or a fist when retrieving the ball in our last two home games now. But, yeah, it's all about Neil Lennon obviously.

It should have been ten
43 minutes ago, henry said:

Lennon should be looking at a lengthy ban.  

Should’ve been booked for diving at least.

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's two Hearts players physically assaulted with an object or a fist when retrieving the ball in our last two home games now. But, yeah, it's all about Neil Lennon obviously.

Unreal eh?! Beyond a f****** joke honestly.

Edited by It should have been ten

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

McInnes, Wright, Robinson, Holt, Rodgers. A small list of managers who have came to tynie this season and not been pelted with coins or attacked.  I have attached some pictures of the above managers reacting to the crowd or gesturing to the crowd..............(there are none)

Here is a small list of managers I have seen attacked or hit by objects at tynie in my life time: 

Neil Lennon 

So what differentiates the list of managers above and Neil Lennon? If we go through the list of hibs managers in my life time I can’t think of a single one being hit with anything or attacked, so it can’t be that he’s a hibs manager. If we go through the list of ex Celtic managers or current Celtic managers attacked or hit with things at tynie I can’t think of any, other than Lennon, that have been attacked so it can’t be that he is ex Celtic. If I go through every catholic that has ever played at tynie in my life time I can’t think of any that have even been attacked or hit with things at tynie, other than Neil Lennon, so it can’t be because he is catholic. If I do the same with gingers, folk way smelly teeth and so on and so on I can’t think of any other manager that has been attacked or hit by objects at tynie in my life time, so there must be something in how Neil Lennon acts or behaves. 

In his time in charge of Hibs he’s, left the field of play, having been beaten in the derby stopping hibs from finishing 2nd, gesturing to the fans about how many points clear they where with a face like thunder, in his interview after the match he blamed everyone and their dog for the defeat and said hearts didn’t deserve to win, a common theme with Lennon when hearts win. Last night after a poisonous atmosphere from the get go, Lennon decided the correct way to act after a important goal for hearts, sitting top of the league by the way which would have kept us 6 points ahead of Celtic, being chopped off was to run out the dug out and turn and gesture to the hearts fans like a mad man, laughing his face off with the “come ahead” arms out stretched before walking towards the hearts fans still laughing like a mad man but now telling them to calm down sarcastically. Add in his behaviour as a Celtic manager and his many interviews where he tells anyone that listens how much he hates hearts. His reaction Sergio when we knocked them out the semi it doesn’t paint a picture of a man who can control his hatred for Hearts. If we look further at his time in charge of hibs, Lennon has turned and gestured towards the rangers fans twice in two separate games, giving them the cupped ears and the get it up you pat fenlon gesture. After the game with rangers last year, a game which meant nothing to either team, Lennon ran onto the park and headed, not for the celebrating hibs fans, for the Rangers fans doing the aeroplane. In his time with Celtic he’s gestured to the rangers fans after Celtic wins and Celtic loses, pretty common theme develops when you actually look at the mans behaviour in big games that don’t go his way. 

No one, I mean no one deserves to be hit by objects at their work, absolutely disgusting behaviour and hearts and hibs will act accordingly and hopefully, with the help of police Scotland, we will see people banned and jailed. That said however, you can’t ignore Lennons part in all of this. If you walked down the gorgie road towards the hibs fans with your arms out stretched laughing like a mad man, like Lennon was last night, am pretty sure you’d get banged. Lennon is a bitter, bitter man who hates Heart of Midlothian Football Club and cannot handle losing to us. His actions on the touch line border the insane, at one point yesterday after a decision went against him he ran towards the water bottles and had to stop himself from booting them into the crowd. He runs around like a headless chicken on the touch line and antagonises the supporters around him. My dad used to say to me “if you act like a dick you’ll be treated like a dick”. He is the manager of our biggest rivals, he should know to carry himself and conduct himself better than he does. Craig Levein was subject to 30k Celtic fans calling him a sad orange ******* on Sunday, he never reacted to it. Hibs have a song about how his heart doesn’t work, he didn’t react to it. No one should be hit by any objects when tying to do their job, no one will argue with that. He has a responsibility as well and he acted irresponsibly last night. I’d love to hear what the match commander would have had to say as he watched Lennon react to the disallowed goal, am almost 100% certain he wouldn’t have found it light hearted fun, he would’ve seen it as a red rag to a bull on a night that was always on the edge of boiling over. 

Heres a few pics of Lennon having some light hearted fun. 

5C86AD9A-9A07-4F90-B214-33C47F5F0D28.jpeg

E9390C84-8DF3-46C7-BF3E-D8C43752CE2C.jpeg

3FFF8B02-F1B2-4382-B89E-01F433E1F455.jpeg

32669FD2-0BF8-464E-AE45-13BA5F15DBE7.jpeg

9D959885-A214-4E5B-9C14-03EDF5994B01.png

E8AF4DD5-2715-4086-BCB3-045BE841F135.jpeg

00C9028D-2806-470D-92AF-7E7C9F2CC0F3.jpeg

54D101BD-8A40-44DC-8A44-88A4E652A13D.jpeg

Excellent post, particularly the first few paragraphs.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Big_Hearts_Runner said:

I felt at the time he went down to break the game up after a Hearts chance and waste time/ make the ref feel like "I better blow the final whistle here". I think he used it to his advantage and the person who threw the coin is even more stupid to give him that opportunity.

Totally agree with all that

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, Ribble said:

Seems like Derek McInnes is suffering from amnesia going by his comments about our game last night, 'embarrassing for scottish football' yet seems to have forgotten all about one of his fans attacking Jimmy Dunne 2 weeks ago?

McInnes slams 'embarrassing' scenes

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes said the "embarrassing" scenes at Tynecastle on Wednesday caused damage to the Scottish game.

Asked if the incidents were damaging, he said: "It is, whether it's on talk shows or national TV, it's the first thing that is getting spoken about this morning. "It's embarrassing, I watched the game when I went home, it was a fantastic atmosphere.

"A derby can bring the best out of people but it can also bring the worst out of people.

"What happened last night really crossed the line, I'm sure the culprits will be dealt with severely.

"It's unsavoury and does nothing for our game when you see images of players, managers and linesmen getting attacked.

"It really is ridiculous."

McInnes dismissed the assertion Lennon had stoked the flames by celebrating Hearts' disallowed goal.

He added: "I also find it ridiculous for people within the game to make comments saying that maybe Lenny brings it on himself.

"That for me is as poor and crass a comment as you can imagine. "Obviously, you get abuse from fans and give a bit back, it's seen as a bit of banter by the vast majority. "We don't want robots in the dugout."

He’s another arsehole 

It’s like comparing different types of Monkeys, but at the end of the day they swing from the same trees and eat the same bananas.

FenLOL received a 4 game ban for this gesture.

6391D8D8-74A4-4FFE-972B-6B4BAB5DDC85.jpeg

SectionDJambo

There’s a wee thing that bothers me.

The pictures of Lennon goading the Hearts fans show his front. Then the pictures change to his back when the coin appears. 

Would the camera filming the front of him not still be rolling, although the producer switched to the other camera?  Surely those pictures, which are probably still recorded, would show where the coin hit.

Why haven’t we seen those pictures because they seem to have come up with all the other film as required, including Bobby being punched.

This would clear up whether Lennon made the most of it with simulation, or was indeed hit on his chin or jaw, depending on which version he gives.

This, obviously, doesn’t change the idiotic coin throwing being unacceptable.

7 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

There’s a wee thing that bothers me.

The pictures of Lennon goading the Hearts fans show his front. Then the pictures change to his back when the coin appears. 

Would the camera filming the front of him not still be rolling, although the producer switched to the other camera?  Surely those pictures, which are probably still recorded, would show where the coin hit.

Why haven’t we seen those pictures because they seem to have come up with all the other film as required, including Bobby being punched.

This would clear up whether Lennon made the most of it with simulation, or was indeed hit on his chin or jaw, depending on which version he gives.

This, obviously, doesn’t change the idiotic coin throwing being unacceptable.

I really hope he isn't at it as regards where it him him. People, rightly, may say " does it ******* matter ? It's crazy to lob coins ! "

And they would be right.

I only seen it today on the BBC Sport clip and thought " hang on a minute, that coin came flying off at chest height. "  

If Lennon hadn’t been behaving the way he was then he wouldn’t have been hit by a coin. I’ve not really seen anything to disputed this so far. He did not deserve to have a coin thrown at him though and was not ‘asking for it’.

However, I’m not sure that’s really the point here.

Firstly, if you are the sort of person whose automatic reaction to an opposing coach reacting the way Neil Lennon did, is to throw a coin at him, then you really need to be assessing your own capability of attending football matches and your capacity for self control. I hope whoever threw that coin is identified, lifted and banned from Tynie for life. Same goes for the coward that punched Zlamal.

Secondly, Neil Lennon does have to take some responsibility for his actions and I hope action is taken against him. Football players are role models and managers even more so. As a grown man, experienced player and experienced  coach he knows exactly what he is doing and what the repercussions are, yet he did it anyway. Players get booked for behaviour like that in front of fans so what kind of example does that set to his players ??

No moral high ground to be claimed here, lot of lessons to be learned and hopefully next time we’re all talking about a gubbing of the shite.