Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Your right. It glances off his cheek.

Hardly a blow to make him collapse in a heap as if he'd been felled by a manhole cover!!!  No cut - no bruise - the wee credit got hit, thought about it - then decided to dramatise the whole incident!!!

I completely agree with you, he made the most out of a bad situation. As he did take a split second to think about it before going down. 

Only point I was trying to make was that it was incorrect to say it didn’t hit his face. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What you mean is you respect him when he agrees with your opinion but when his opinion differs he talking rubbish 

And did you share his opinion that Lennon was only "calming" the Hearts fans last night????

Just now, Jambomuzz said:

I completely agree with you, he made the most out of a bad situation. As he did take a split second to think about it before going down. 

Only point I was trying to make was that it was incorrect to say it didn’t hit his face. 

Think you have proved that now.

Just now, Thomaso said:

And did you share his opinion that Lennon was only "calming" the Hearts fans last night????

I was completely sober last night and he had me wound up with his antics right before he was hit with the coin. 

Standing arms out wide laughing at the hearts fans, giving it the sit down gesture.

Selkirkhmfc1874

A agree with him about whoever throws coins a thug and not a football supporter 

brunoatemyhamster
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He will never hold his hand up - he is always the victim and painted as such by the media!!

Correct.

Hell mend him!

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

There is no excuse for any fan throwing any object at anyone.

There is also no excuse for a manager repeatedly behaving in such an unprofessional manner.

There’s a reason players get booked for simply celebrating a goal in front of opposition fans. And we all saw, Fenlon got sent off for much less in the Cup Final. Why does Lennon think he can stand there are goad opposition fans without the same punishment?

At best he has a serious lack of common sense. At worst he got the reaction he was looking for.

Pathetic that anyone would react to him, or anyone else, by throwing something, though. It’s stupid, and extremely dangerous. Hope the courts throw the book at all the culprits last night, on both sides. Prison sentences all round have to be dished out to deter this moronic behaviour.

And I hope the SFA have the balls to deal appropriately with Lennon. Time for him to start acting like a grown up.

:spoton:

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

A agree with him about whoever throws coins a thug and not a football supporter 

So do I.

Now answer my question please - do you agree with Tom English that Lennon was only "calming" Hearts fans????

6 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

I was completely sober last night and he had me wound up with his antics right before he was hit with the coin. 

Standing arms out wide laughing at the hearts fans, giving it the sit down gesture.

Just "entertaining" the fans according to Leanne this morning!

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

whoever throws coins a thug and not a football supporter 

It is entirely possible to be both, you know.

Trying to make distinctions like the one above is isn't useful at all.

17 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No not at all , can't stand they guy but last night was totally outa order 

Of course last night was out of order but context is needed. I have no problem with Lennon giving some stick back to the Hearts fans. Just condemning the coin thrower is not going to help address the problem. 

I'm behind the dugouts and I'm sure it hit him on the head. The video online from the other angle shows it coming down his side after it had hit his head.

Hopefully whoever threw it gets banned.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Having just listened to the Sportsound podcast from last night you'd think by the way that Richard Gordon was reacting that there had been a massacre inside Tynecastle last night.  If there was a world cup for over-reaction and hand wringing our 'pundits' and presenters would be champions.

Gary Caldwell was the only one to call it right - that Lennon brings things on himself. It's not an excuse - coins etc shouldn't be thrown at anyone at the football but there's no way it would have happened had he not stood there in front of a stand of people deliberately goading them. 

...a bit disco

01 NOV NEIL LENNON, WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME?

Before we start, this column applies to every club who has a group of supporters who can’t behave.

Hooligans, thugs, and bigots still dominate Scottish football, they haven’t gone away, they just try to be more clever in trying to get away with their criminal acts of aggression and their vile chants towards any groups that don’t follow their ‘Klan’s’ ethos.

Neil Lennon was once again the target for Hearts fans in this latest attack on the Hibs manager at Tynecastle on Wednesday night. He fits all the stereotypes despised by a group of people who still believe Great Britain has an empire and that Protestants are the chosen people.

Anyone outside that group tends to suffer their wrath on any platform they wander through. New laws and old laws mean nothing to many of these idiots who are brought up or dragged up by their parents to believe anyone not sharing their beliefs should be targeted at every opportunity for all types of abuse, physical and mental.

I was at Tynecastle the night another thug ran onto the touchline to attack the then Celtic manager Neil Lennon because he thought he was perfectly justified in showing the northern Irish Catholic that his lot won’t tolerate any banter or insubordination from the ‘wee ginger-headed bead rattler.’

‘He brings it upon himself’ another well worn piece of crap from lunatics trying to justify any piece of thuggery towards an individual who happens to wear green, is a Catholic and is associated with Celtic at any time in his career.

You can shout from the high heavens that this is not about religion, that this is merely an incident between two rival clubs with a hatred for each other in the capital city. However, you are naive if you don’t believe that Lennon is the target for an exaggerated amount of abuse because he is a roman catholic.

I would much rather Neil went into his dugout as Hibs or Celtic manager and concentrated on the game and ignored the crowd, but because he has a personality and engages with them, is this reason enough for him to be attacked and pelted with coins?

Where does it stop? Does he have to be lying in a pool of his own blood on the touchline before anyone wakes up and tackles this constant issue of the great uneducated and the indoctrinated people who show hatred towards anyone who doesn’t fit into their identikit?

Hearts are a great club and the majority of their fans are a different class. I know, because I lived in the city for twelve years and count many of them as my friends. The board, led by Ann Budge are the envy of many clubs up and down the country. She won’t stand for thuggery and she’ll act swiftly to ban this nutcase, if they can identify him or her from cctv or tv pictures.

Craig Levein was quick to condemn the coin thrower in the press conference after Wednesday’s game. He had a genuine concern for Neil’s well-being as he saw him lying on the ground. The Hearts manager has a fair bit of banter with his counterpart, but there is an underlying respect for the difficulty of managing one of the top clubs in Scotland.

Some supporters don’t understand respect and the evidence was there for all to see on Wednesday night.

The motivation behind this latest attack on Lennon is a worrying issue for the SFA, the SPFL, the League Managers Association and PFA Scotland. Are we getting to a point where managers need to have bodyguards, as Neil once had at Celtic? Do we fine the clubs for the conduct of individual supporters? Should the next Edinburgh derby be played behind closed doors?

Do we need to have even more police at category ‘A’ games to protect managers and players? if we do, you will see the costs spiral in the annual accounts.

In the immediate aftermath of Wednesday’s dire 0-0 draw between Hearts and Hibs, I am backing Neil Lennon and Craig Levein’s solution to coin throwers and the thug who punched Hearts goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal during the game. Lifetime ban, jail and humiliate them by making it known who they are to the public.

3 minutes ago, kila said:

I'm behind the dugouts and I'm sure it hit him on the head. The video online from the other angle shows it coming down his side after it had hit his head.

Hopefully whoever threw it gets banned.

Glad someone agrees with me. 

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Before we start, this column applies to every club who has a group of supporters who can’t behave.

Hooligans, thugs, and bigots still dominate Scottish football, they haven’t gone away, they just try to be more clever in trying to get away with their criminal acts of aggression and their vile chants towards any groups that don’t follow their ‘Klan’s’ ethos.

Neil Lennon was once again the target for Hearts fans in this latest attack on the Hibs manager at Tynecastle on Wednesday night. He fits all the stereotypes despised by a group of people who still believe Great Britain has an empire and that Protestants are the chosen people.

Anyone outside that group tends to suffer their wrath on any platform they wander through. New laws and old laws mean nothing to many of these idiots who are brought up or dragged up by their parents to believe anyone not sharing their beliefs should be targeted at every opportunity for all types of abuse, physical and mental.

I was at Tynecastle the night another thug ran onto the touchline to attack the then Celtic manager Neil Lennon because he thought he was perfectly justified in showing the northern Irish Catholic that his lot won’t tolerate any banter or insubordination from the ‘wee ginger-headed bead rattler.’

‘He brings it upon himself’ another well worn piece of crap from lunatics trying to justify any piece of thuggery towards an individual who happens to wear green, is a Catholic and is associated with Celtic at any time in his career.

You can shout from the high heavens that this is not about religion, that this is merely an incident between two rival clubs with a hatred for each other in the capital city. However, you are naive if you don’t believe that Lennon is the target for an exaggerated amount of abuse because he is a roman catholic.

I would much rather Neil went into his dugout as Hibs or Celtic manager and concentrated on the game and ignored the crowd, but because he has a personality and engages with them, is this reason enough for him to be attacked and pelted with coins?

Where does it stop? Does he have to be lying in a pool of his own blood on the touchline before anyone wakes up and tackles this constant issue of the great uneducated and the indoctrinated people who show hatred towards anyone who doesn’t fit into their identikit?

Hearts are a great club and the majority of their fans are a different class. I know, because I lived in the city for twelve years and count many of them as my friends. The board, led by Ann Budge are the envy of many clubs up and down the country. She won’t stand for thuggery and she’ll act swiftly to ban this nutcase, if they can identify him or her from cctv or tv pictures.

Craig Levein was quick to condemn the coin thrower in the press conference after Wednesday’s game. He had a genuine concern for Neil’s well-being as he saw him lying on the ground. The Hearts manager has a fair bit of banter with his counterpart, but there is an underlying respect for the difficulty of managing one of the top clubs in Scotland.

Some supporters don’t understand respect and the evidence was there for all to see on Wednesday night.

The motivation behind this latest attack on Lennon is a worrying issue for the SFA, the SPFL, the League Managers Association and PFA Scotland. Are we getting to a point where managers need to have bodyguards, as Neil once had at Celtic? Do we fine the clubs for the conduct of individual supporters? Should the next Edinburgh derby be played behind closed doors?

Do we need to have even more police at category ‘A’ games to protect managers and players? if we do, you will see the costs spiral in the annual accounts.

In the immediate aftermath of Wednesday’s dire 0-0 draw between Hearts and Hibs, I am backing Neil Lennon and Craig Levein’s solution to coin throwers and the thug who punched Hearts goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal during the game. Lifetime ban, jail and humiliate them by making it known who they are to the public.

That article is all over the shop.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Written by a Celtic fan by sounds of it.  Sanctimony R Us

Michael Gannon report in the record.  Pushing the line of Lennon gesturing for the fans to calm down.     Going on about the coin hitting him "full in the face".      The punch on Zlamal still being kept in the alleged / supposed file.

There has to be a reason for such blatantly slanted press.     I don't believe Gannon is anti-Hearts so it's some other reason.      

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

if it had appeared in the Catholic Times I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Michael Gannon report in the record.  Pushing the line of Lennon gesturing for the fans to calm down.     Going on about the coin hitting him "full in the face".      The punch on Zlamal still being kept in the alleged / supposed file.

There has to be a reason for such blatantly slanted press.     I don't believe Gannon is anti-Hearts so it's some other reason.      

The DR Hotline is a hoot today as well.

But Tommy Devine, Cleland, said: “I’ve been watching football for 50 years and if you ask any set of supporters they will tell you Hearts are the worst behaved.

“Opposition fans were pelted with coins as far back as the 1960s and it doesn’t help when the current manager described one of his player’s grabbing an opponent in the nether regions as a laugh.”

Robert McEwan, Mount Vernon, said: “It’s incredible what Neil Lennon has gone through. The bottom line is that it’s sectarianism and I have to laugh when people say he brings it on himself.

“Antonio Conte was more demonstrative than any manager at Chelsea but nobody hit him with a coin.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-chief-dave-king-would-13517983

It was Lennon's delayed reaction, the man is a buffoon and a clown.

After baiting the Hearts fans when the goal was disallowed.

He really should not be in charge of any club.

7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Is this straight out of the Vatican news letter????

Bigotry is alive and well on both sides of the religious divide!!

10 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

The motivation behind this latest attack on Lennon is a worrying issue for the SFA, the SPFL, the League Managers Association and PFA Scotland. More Latest Scottish News

In a nutshell “It was because he’s an Irish Catholic from Northern Ireland” written by a Celtic fan with an agenda. 

1 hour ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Hit his face, fell straight down with enough momentum to still bounce from his chest? No. 

Must have been thrown with some power, I imagine the cut on his face is something to see. 

To be fair Lennon's got cuts all over his face due to constantly picking that ugly puss every time he's interviewed on tv. 

Ugly Celhib, Hibtic barsteward that he is.

27 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So do I.

Now answer my question please - do you agree with Tom English that Lennon was only "calming" Hearts fans????

Do you want to answer Selkirk, or did you just think you would come on and have a pop at me for the fun of it??

Posted this on another thread, but it bears repeating. There is no point complaining about Lennon’s antics. He has a free pass to do exactly as he pleases at Tynecastle. It’s dated from the day some spanner thought it was a good idea to run out of the crowd and attack him.

Now it literally doesn’t matter how he behaves. If anyone reacts then the media won’t care in the slightest whether he incited the fans or not. Lennon will always be portrayed as the victim, because we have ‘previous’. They will go directly to the hand-wringing, and as we have seen today, they will ignore similar incidents by the other fans in the same game.

There is nothing we can do about this. Oh yes, there is. GROW. THE. ****. UP. AND. STOP. THROWING. COINS.

I got on 31 at haymarket after game and it was full of Hibs fans.  They were playing the clip of Lennon incident and i dared to say he was an embarrasment.  Jings it was like slagging off alllah in the middle east!!  Saint Lennon seems to do and say as he likes and they and the media all lick his behind.  The muppets started mouthing to me about the coin throw which i was obviously not condoning but the bus fell silent when i asked which one of them assaulted our Goalie.  They live in a moral high ground bubble, La La land.  

10 minutes ago, westbow said:

In a nutshell “It was because he’s an Irish Catholic from Northern Ireland” written by a Celtic fan with an agenda. 

"Neil Lennon was once again the target for Hearts fans".....what , ALL of them ? 

He was targetted ? So it was a premeditated plan to attack Lennon ? I get it now. There was me thinking NL had been up to his usual antics and provoked the outcome that he did. 

I could actually support the idea that coin-throwing should be punished by the offending fans’ team having to play their next home derby behind closed doors. The problem is that some wankers would doubtless go into the wrong end and throw coins on purpose.

Just now, Doc Rob said:

I could actually support the idea that coin-throwing should be punished by the offending fans’ team having to play their next home derby behind closed doors. The problem is that some wankers would doubtless go into the wrong end and throw coins on purpose.

Or Hearts could issue a warning to Lennon about his behaviour and solve the root cause of the problem. Far fetched, I know. 

15 hours ago, KineticBeat said:

Coin hit his face. 

Poor behaviour from whoever threw it.

It didn’t even leave a mark on his face, a pound coin thrown from distance must’ve left a mark.

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Why should everyone be punished for the actions of a few scum bags? 

Walter Bishop

Seen a few people on Twitter saying Alan Combe wrote "CCS" on a piece of paper and held it up to the main stand! Surely not! 

????

Sexton Hardcastle

Doesn’t he still not have a suspended ban from the rangers celebration? Should be a 3 or so game ban due for him but a nap the authorities won’t punish him as it won’t fit the agenda.

Selkirkhmfc1874
54 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So do I.

Off course he wasn't calming hearts fans down , he was giving a bit back having got abuse for 90mins 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Off course he wasn't calming hearts fans down , he was giving a bit back having got abuse for 90mins 

Ah adopting the Hibs stance then?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think someone should mention, that Hearts PLAYERS have been assaulted in each of our last 2 home games. And an injured player mentally abused.

11 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Seen a few people on Twitter saying Alan Combe wrote "CCS" on a piece of paper and held it up to the main stand! Surely not! 

????

Yes. I sit near the away dugout and he did this shortly after the coin incident.

Was getting a lot of stick but he was giving it back and some more. Stewards did nothing.

Not a pleasant person.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Yes. I sit near the away dugout and he did this shortly after the coin incident.

Was getting a lot of stick but he was giving it back and some more. Stewards did nothing.

Not a pleasant person.

Correct , a sir 2nd row right at away dug out and he was acting like hard man 

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Neil wants to meet the coin thrower?

Would love him to turn up to find 1000 Hearts fans claiming responsibility.

This was my immiediate thought. Potential ‘I am Spartacus’ situation right there. 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I actually thought Combe was by far the worst culprit last night on the Hibs bench last night. Hopefully he'll get a talking to by the authorities because never seen anything like it.

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Really? 

Alan Combe wrote CCS on a bit of paper and showed it to the Hearts fans? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I actually thought Combe was by far the worst culprit last night on the Hibs bench last night. Hopefully he'll get a talking to by the authorities because never seen anything like it.

Totally agree with you , he was looking to cause trouble 

18 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

????

If true, this is surely inciting violence? 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Totally agree with you , he was looking to cause trouble 

Wasn’t he only giving it back cause he had been getting abuse for 90 mins? 

Edited by Des Lynam

16 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What you mean adopting hibs stance ?

You seem to give Lennon an excuse for acting like a cretin just because you say he was abused for 90 minutes.

As a football Manager he is in a position of responsibility. In an explosive atmosphere he chose to taunt Hearts fans in a totally over the top way. Frankly his idiotic behaviour was as bad as the idiot who threw the coin. There is no excuse for the coin thrower and I hope he's jailed, however the "I was abused for 90 minutes" is no excuse for Lennon's volatile behaviour either - Levein was abused at the last Derby at ER for 90 minutes however he stood up to it without stupid antics. 

And to get back to our original debate. I said I respected Tom English as a pundit - he generally calls it as it is - both good and bad for Hearts. However his comment that Lennon was only trying to "calm" the crowd was utter shite - something you seem to agree with now.

Edited by Thomaso