Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

Just now, Dr. Bapswent said:

That just sounds a little pathetic ... 'but the big man wound be up...'

No excuses should be made for grown men assaulting someone because they cant control themselves.

And is Lennon not a "grown man"????

In an explosive atmosphere Lennon decided to throw in a lit match by indulging in totally over the top antics by goading Hearts fans!!

His idiotic behaviour was no better that the idiot that threw the coin!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

1 minute ago, Jambomuzz said:

100% hit him in the face. Seen it with my own eyes. 

At the game?

33 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Celebrating a disallowed goal in itself is pathetic patter.  If Hibs has scored a winner, I’d have expected that from him.

If we survived a last minute winner that looked like nothing but a goal I would expect a lot of activity from our bench. He did go too far but weirdos throwing stuff because they can’t take it need to take a look at themselves and the reputation of the club it’s harming.  

5 minutes ago, Dr. Bapswent said:

Mitigating circumstances.... please.

No excuses should be made for grown men assaulting someone because they cant control themselves.

You’re absolutely spot on. If it wasn’t for the hibs coaching staff then Lennon would have assaulted Garuccio. You would still have probably defended Lennon. 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And is Lennon not a "grown man"????

In an explosive atmosphere Lennon decided to throw in a lit match by indulging in totally over the top antics by goading Hearts fans!!

His idiotic behaviour was no better that the idiot that threw the coin!!

I'm not apologising or condoning what he did in any way.

But that is a different issue to the situation becoming an physical assault.

Non-one was threatened, or in any danger. So there was no need for anyone to lash out at anyone.

Its a sporting event, and whilst its emotional, grown adults should be expected to be able to control themselves and not cross the line from being wound up to willingly assaulting someone.

Just now, Des Lynam said:

You’re absolutely spot on. If it wasn’t for the hibs coaching staff then Lennon would have assaulted Garuccio. You would still have probably defended Lennon. 

Defending Lennon?

Have a lie down.

CornhillHearts
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

At the game?

As above, coin 100% hit him in the face. Seen the video on-line which suggests it didn’t but although I wear specs I trust my own eyes.  

Sit in the last row of lower section 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Did he assault garuccio?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Why are people still claiming it hit him in the face despite video evidence clearly showing it didn't? 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Dr. Bapswent said:

Its a sporting event, and whilst its emotional, grown adults should be expected to be able to control themselves and not cross the line from being wound up to willingly assaulting someone.

Expectations and realities are seldom the same thing though, are they. Except with Lennon, of course. We all know what to expect with him.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Bapswent said:

I'm not apologising or condoning what he did in any way.

But that is a different issue to the situation becoming an physical assault.

Non-one was threatened, or in any danger. So there was no need for anyone to lash out at anyone.

Something that Lennon totally failed to do with horrendous consequences!!

4 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

As above, coin 100% hit him in the face. Seen the video on-line which suggests it didn’t but although I wear specs I trust my own eyes.  

Can you post the link please? 

1 minute ago, CornhillHearts said:

The angle of the video means that if it hit his face first then his chest we wouldn't see the first contact. Enough people have confirmed it to convince me that it did hit his face first.

That doesn't justify his antics, but equally, his actions don't justify the coin.

3 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Why are people still claiming it hit him in the face despite video evidence clearly showing it didn't? 

Because they seen it with their own eyes ?

1 minute ago, CornhillHearts said:

The camera never lies.....

When I got home from the game I was shocked that Lennon had been 'hit on the face' with such force he went down in a heap. I particularly wanted to see he was ok, and watched his post match interview to see how many stitches he had, or the cut, or the size of his bruise...................:whistling:

20 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

100% hit him in the face. Seen it with my own eyes. 

How come all the videos show it striking his chest/shoulder? 

Just now, sadj said:

How come all the videos show it striking his chest/shoulder? 

Sounds to me like it did both? The coin came from height, it's not much of a stretch to surmise it hit his face then chest, especially when hearts men in the vicinity saw it with their own eyes.

As I said above, if it hit him in the face where he says it did, how would that video prove it did or didn't when it doesn't show the claimed point of contact?

4 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Because they seen it with their own eyes ?

Relying on eye witness accounts is not a reliable procedure. 

15 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

If we survived a last minute winner that looked like nothing but a goal I would expect a lot of activity from our bench. He did go too far but weirdos throwing stuff because they can’t take it need to take a look at themselves and the reputation of the club it’s harming.  

I would expect our manager to be a role model for the club and keep the wild celebrations for the final whistle or changing room.  There was 4 mins to play, the game was still there for either side to win.

Just now, Smithee said:

Sounds to me like it did both? The coin came from height, it's not much of a stretch to surmise it hit his face then chest, especially when hearts men in the vicinity saw it with their own eyes.

As I said above, if it hit him in the face where he says it did, how would that video prove it did or didn't when it doesn't show the claimed point of contact?

This is Lee Harvey Oswald stuff.....

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I was going more by the way it bounced off his chest. If it had hit his face then his chest then bounced off it seems a strange trajectory. The trajectory to me seemed more consistent with chest then tje bounce from there to the ground. As you say though Hearts men are saying they saw it. Problem is without video proof it looks unlike it did. Its very easy for eyes to deceive you and you picture something different to what happened. (I learnt that giving 1000s of statements over the years to police?)

Thunderstruck
34 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Radio 5 reporting assault on assistant referee. Trouble big time. 

This was the response from the SFA after a recent (almost exactly a month ago) incident at Livingston where an Assistant Referee required medical treatment when a missile drew blood. 

SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell said: “This kind of primitive act - whether something is thrown at players, staff or officials - should be driven out of the game.

“We all have a responsibility to behave in a responsible manner and respect the game we all love.

“At a time when there is so much to be positive about with regards to Scottish football, hopefully this is a wake-up call for some that there are lines of basic decency that should not be crossed.

“I welcome Rangers’ decisiveness in moving quickly to try to identify the individual involved.

The bit about “we all need to behave in a responsible manner” might fall on deaf ears where the Neanderthals who throw coins are concerned but Clubs, their officials, and their players do need to pay heed. 

I was was going to begin by suggesting that Hearts shouldn’t be facing ‘big trouble’ but I fear that Hearts, once again, will be the test case for new sanctions and a bland statement such as that quoted above will not be all that follows. 

Those that bring this on our Club should be ashamed but I doubt that thinking is high on their list of activities. 

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

??? i was just thinking that when i used the word trajectory. Maybe it came from the brewery banked of the frame of the dugout then caught him? ?

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Hearts witnesses saw it and TV footage doesn't disprove otherwise. 

It's not really the point though, we don't need to prove that Lennon's a giant prick, that's an established fact. Let's face it, he'd claim it hit him in the face whether it did or didn't, he's a wank, but the biggest prick here is the guy who threw the coin. He's the one that's made Hearts look like ***** this morning.

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Hit him in the face aye?

I’m not by any stretch of the imagination saying this condones the action of the arsehole that threw the coin, I hope he’s found and dealt with appropriately.

sums up this cretin perfectly. small coin hits him on his jacket which he would hardly have felt. sees the coin and then seizes the opportunity to be a drama queen and play the victim

2 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

sums up this cretin perfectly. small coin hits him on his jacket which he would hardly have felt. sees the coin and then seizes the opportunity to be a drama queen and play the victim

The pause pisses me off it was like oh its a coin wait til i throw myself down and make a scene. End of the ******* who threw it presented him with the opportunity to play the victim and he took it. The trouble last night was a disgrace. Drink drugs , idiots and football are never a good combo

35 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Then you shouldn't be surprised when some dafty cranks it up a notch and sticks one on you.

Every grown adult first and foremost has a duty of care to themselves - however unfair or unpalatable that may be.

If I, for example, was watching the match in the Loch Inn and decided to rise above the 'banter' from the natives I'd be within my rights to expect safe passage after the game. If I behaved as Lennon did last night however, I'd expect a spectacular second prize.

If you don't want stung keep your hand out of the hornets nest. 

No other manager has been assaulted at Tynecastle by a supporter in the entire history of the club. Lennon has been twatted twice. He'd have you believe it's because he's a poor, persecuted, misunderstood, Irish Catholic, but the reality is it's because he plays the part of an utter **** with Shakespearean aplomb.

It really is that simple

Case in point.

Back in the 98/99 season, while Hibs were in the then first division, my mate and I went to Stranraer for the weekend (he has family down there). This weekend coincided with Hibs playing Stranraer down there. That night, while pished and staggering back to his cousins, we spotted a group of Hibs fans who had obviously decided to spend the night there instead of making the long journey back to Edinburgh. Full of the bevvy, I started chanting Hearts songs, winding them up and generally was being an obnoxious little shit. One of them decided enough was enough, walked over and smacked me clean in the mouth. That was it, no kicking just a single punch.

Should he have done it? No, he probably shouldn’t have.

Did I incite it and probably got what I deserved? Most definitely.

Lennon does himself no favours. As I’ve said already, I don’t condone the actions of the moron that threw the coin. But there can be no mistake that Lennon incited that incident.

13 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I would expect our manager to be a role model for the club and keep the wild celebrations for the final whistle or changing room.  There was 4 mins to play, the game was still there for either side to win.

See Robbie and the bench’s celebrations last min equaliser.  See Lockeys celebrations too when C-patz scores and Stevos stunner.  Lennons a prick and went to far but it’s no justification and now the club is looked at in a bad light especially after Sunday’s shit.

question. is the offence to throw something (and hit someone) or is the offence simply to throw something (and not hit someone). if it's the latter, there will be potentially lots of arrests based on the amount of stuff thrown last night especially at Bobby

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hearts witnesses saw it and TV footage doesn't disprove otherwise. 

It's not really the point though, we don't need to prove that Lennon's a giant prick, that's an established fact. Let's face it, he'd claim it hit him in the face whether it did or didn't, he's a wank, but the biggest prick here is the guy who threw the coin. He's the one that's made Hearts look like ***** this morning.

All of the clips I’ve seen show it clearly hit his chest. Of course whoever threw the coin is an arse. 

I fundamentally disagree with your last point. Hearts are in no way to blame if some lunatic decides to lob a coin from the stands. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Lennon does himself no favours. As I’ve said already, I don’t condone the actions of the moron that threw the coin. But there can be no mistake that Lennon incited that incident.

Correct.

Mind when Rudi was giving the 'loser' shtik at Easter Road and the Lochend Vermin responded with coins and lighters?

That was bang out of order too but all's fair in love and war.

Nelly Terraces
52 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Then you shouldn't be surprised when some dafty cranks it up a notch and sticks one on you.

Every grown adult first and foremost has a duty of care to themselves - however unfair or unpalatable that may be.

If I, for example, was watching the match in the Loch Inn and decided to rise above the 'banter' from the natives I'd be within my rights to expect safe passage after the game. If I behaved as Lennon did last night however, I'd expect a spectacular second prize.

No other manager has been assaulted at Tynecastle by a supporter in the entire history of the club. Lennon has been twatted twice. He'd have you believe it's because he's a poor, persecuted, misunderstood, Irish Catholic, but the reality is it's because he plays the part of an utter **** with Shakespearean aplomb.

It really is that simple

Guv Tarkers nails it. ?

The act of chucking a coin cannot be excused but it's the Neil Lennon victim circus in full swing.    Again.      There seems to be an appetite to indulge this shitehouse,    despite the evidence to show he is at it big time.    He seems to be absolutely expert at perpetrating the victim status.      It's made easy for him.

But the coin chucker has to be found and prosecuted.

maroonnicky63

I do agree he overreacted by going down as if he was shot by a sniper from the stands but that's what players do nowadays when they roll around as if they had been shot , thought our keeper also went overboard by looking like he had taken a knock out blow, he took a hit but not enough for him to look s if it was a knock out blow and go down like that

I can't stand Lennon but there is no excuse at all in throwing coins or anything for that matter , he took a lot of stick during the game and decided to give some back and some fans can't take it although Lennon should not have got involved in winding the fans up.

18 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

See Robbie and the bench’s celebrations last min equaliser.  See Lockeys celebrations too when C-patz scores and Stevos stunner.  Lennons a prick and went to far but it’s no justification and now the club is looked at in a bad light especially after Sunday’s shit.

Mate, your miles off.  Those celebrations came from our goals/successes and in the main did not involve goading opposition supporters.  It’s totally different.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It really is that simple

?

Psychedelicropcircle

Tom English did actually say on the radio “he (NL) was just trying to calm the crowd down after the disallowed goal”

stunned by that ☝️ 

None of the videos show where the coin came from. From the video quoted, the coin came from just above the away dugout and slightly to the right. By all means it looks to have bounced off his face but I can assure you it hit his face first. 

48 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yes but you just made something up 

No I didn’t. Neil Lennon had to be physically restrained from getting to Garuccio. 

When I was 15 years old I was hit in the temple by a cricket ball. I fell down. When I was 41 I was hit in the neck by a golf ball, it hurt but I did not fall down. Is there something special about  a coin on the jaw/chest or is it the person whom it hit making the  most of it? Not that it  should  have happened  anyway .

19 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

All of the clips I’ve seen show it clearly hit his chest. Of course whoever threw the coin is an arse. 

I fundamentally disagree with your last point. Hearts are in no way to blame if some lunatic decides to lob a coin from the stands. 

Who's saying it didn't hit him in the chest? I'm just saying that Hearts supporting witnesses say it hit him in the face and that the footage doesn't prove that it didn't hit him in the face before the chest. 

I didn't say Hearts were to blame by the way, I said he made us look like ****s.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Des Lynam said:

No I didn’t. Neil Lennon had to be physically restrained from getting to Garuccio. 

How do you know he would have assaults garuccio ? Bottom line here is they guy being hit by a coin can't be defended as is the moron who punched out goalkeeper , the clowns throwing flares, bottled etc etc and that's without mentioning Sundays nonsense