Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

Lennon was fully aware that the lack of a facial mark would be unhelpful to his case that he was struck in the face by the coin to extent of collapse.    He was also aware that he might be accused of goading the fans.      That's why he pre-emptively pointed out these things,  whilst supposedly upset and angry.

He is a devious,  calculating chancer who isn't quite clever enough to avoid bertraying his own motives and shitehousery.     

43 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

One thing I would say about Lennon...... most players who are complete turds on the pitch are described as really nice guys off it ( Scott Brown et al)

I am pretty confident that off the pitch Lennon is a horrible wee fudd

I think he lives in Long Niddry and is pretty quiet and not a problem.

But i suspect he is the type to attract attention in a pub and is incapable of walking away.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think he lives in Long Niddry and is pretty quiet and not a problem.

But i suspect he is the type to attract attention in a pub and is incapable of walking away.

No he's not. He is quote unassuming when out in a pub. 

Just now, John Findlay said:

Good to hear it.

To be honest, if i saw him out and about i would happily let him go about his business and i see no reason for anyone else to do differently.

manaliveits105

Hopefully the hibs doctor will be cited for donning rubber gloves and examining yelly teefs face to go along with the charade 

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Maybe he's one of the "brave when he's got back up" types.

Full of it and loads of bravado when the cops and stewards are around,

steers clear of trouble when he is more vulnerable

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

I would go further here.

Neil Lennon has single handedly set the fight against sectarianism back DECADES.

If he remains in Scottish football much longer I might start just because it clearly annoys him.

the guy is a hate magnet, a supreme agitator.

He is the only person I'm not related to I don't like

I used to work with a Celtic supporter and he said the same, believe it or not.

He hated Lennon and blamed Lennon single handedly for the ongoing sectarian problems, he reckoned we'd be well on route to stamping it out if he hadn't joined Celtic.

Now, I think he perhaps over-stated Lennons influence but his point stands. He believed that the bile coming from Ibrox was amplified to levels not seen since years earlier and the victim complex that had long been an issue at Celtic park was being brought to the fore as a result of his arrival.

And bear in mind, this was a Celtic fan.

1 hour ago, Tommy Walker said:

5 mins in

wouldn't there be a mark on right cheek if he ended up on the ground ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQMBGgEqAYg

Says he's raging, says he'd "like to meet the person that threw the coin"

Asked what would say?

"That's not for public consuption"

"I maybe wouldn't say anything"

Veiled threats?

9 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

He hated Lennon and blamed Lennon single handedly for the ongoing sectarian problems, he reckoned we'd be well on route to stamping it out if he hadn't joined Celtic.

Now, I think he perhaps over-stated Lennons influence but his point stands. He believed that the bile coming from Ibrox was amplified to levels not seen since years earlier and the victim complex that had long been an issue at Celtic park was being brought to the fore as a result of his arrival.

Mate, that's ridiculous, I don't care what team he supports. We all get daft ideas into our heads at times, and that's one of them.

Just now, Smithee said:

Mate, that's ridiculous, I don't care what team he supports. We all get daft ideas into our heads at times, and that's one of them.

As I said, he over-stated Lennons influence. He isn't single handedly responsible obviously.

But this guy was one of those that often plays down how bad sectarianism is in Glasgow to defend his club and weegies in general. We know there would have still been an issue with or without Lennon.

But Lennon has made the problem worse, so the guy has a point. Do you doubt Lennon has contributed significantly to sectarian problems in this country since he came here? 

I think he has made it worse at both Celtic and Rangers and now he is involved in our derby match, that doesn't need any more coal shovelled on the fire 

I actually want bobby to come out in the media and make more of an issue of his punch!!!

seems to be getting brushed under the carpet due to every hibs player/coaching team venting their spleen over the Lennon incident.

Not single-handedly responsible for it. However, his entourage more than the man himself (publicly) keep trying to assign sectarian motivations to every single occasion where someone gets pissed off with the horrible wee *****. I can’t stand the nasty little scrote and I have zero interest in his religion, country of origin or national team. The boy is ****ing bellend.

12 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

As I said, he over-stated Lennons influence. He isn't single handedly responsible obviously.

But this guy was one of those that often plays down how bad sectarianism is in Glasgow to defend his club and weegies in general. We know there would have still been an issue with or without Lennon.

But Lennon has made the problem worse, so the guy has a point. Do you doubt Lennon has contributed significantly to sectarian problems in this country since he came here? 

I think he has made it worse at both Celtic and Rangers and now he is involved in our derby match, that doesn't need any more coal shovelled on the fire 

Contributed to, quite possibly, being single handedly responsible is ridiculous. Not having a go at you, but even saying he's over stating it is a huuuge under statement.

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I have not seen one single piece of evidence to suggest this. I have seen a coin bounce of his chest and him react a disproportionate length of time after that, by throwing himself to the ground. He is lying by doing that, so until I see some evidence that it hit his face, then I assume he is also lying about where it hit him.

Check my previous posts on this thread. I have provided a link from the BBC website which has a better video of the coin throw, showing where it came from. 

Not to mention me and several others were sat only afew yards away and witnessed ourselves it strike his face. 

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I have not seen one single piece of evidence to suggest this. I have seen a coin bounce of his chest and him react a disproportionate length of time after that, by throwing himself to the ground. He is lying by doing that, so until I see some evidence that it hit his face, then I assume he is also lying about where it hit him.

Check my previous posts on this thread. I have provided a link from the BBC website which has a better video of the coin throw, showing where it came from. 

Not to mention me and several others were sat only afew yards away and witnessed ourselves it strike his face. 

6 minutes ago, hhgh1973 said:

Exactly.     A man who can distinguish between :

1.      Deserving to be hit by a coin

2.      Bringing the possibility on himself through his actions.

For the utter morons it's a binary choice.     For anyone with a brain,    the distinction is obvious.

On 31/10/2018 at 22:27, CJGJ said:

The embarrassment is any poster on this thread even trying to blame Lennon

The op should be ashamed for starting this thread

Aye right! Good trolling!

57 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I don't know about all that but he could be contrasted with Pat Bonner. An Irish Celtic first-team player for years but not a hate figure. I don't know if he's a Catholic or not.

Edited by Gorgiewave

47 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

The fact there was several tricolours in the hibs end would suggest there my be some merit in this.

watched it back for the first time ( was at the game and don't have BT sports)

Lennon was an utter disgrace

It CLEARLY hit his jacket

He was clearly not hurt

He waited a few seconds whilst walking about and then hit the deck

His behaviour towards the Hearts fans was an utter disgrace

Anyone watching the film would agree action should be taken against him,

40 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The fact there was several tricolours in the hibs end would suggest there my be some merit in this.

One of the tricolours beside the main stand had One Neil Lennon with his face on it. The fact their supporters are using him and the Irish flag to goad and wind up Hearts supporters would suggest it plays a small part, given these flags are brought by the minority but still brought nonetheless.

8 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

One of the tricolours beside the main stand had One Neil Lennon with his face on it. The fact their supporters are using him and the Irish flag to goad and wind up Hearts supporters would suggest it plays a small part, given these flags are brought by the minority but still brought nonetheless.

And highlights how stupid the flag waving simpleton is given Lennon is from Northern Ireland!

19 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

What about Alan Maybury our ex Irish, RC right back?

Remember he done Lennon deliberately in a cup match.

Lennon is just a horrible wee ****.

Its a lame excuse to say the sectarian angle is always used to dislike him. 

Maybury was CoI.   Lennon is a horrible wee ****.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

I actually want bobby to come out in the media and make more of an issue of his punch!!!

seems to be getting brushed under the carpet due to every hibs player/coaching team venting their spleen over the Lennon incident.

It’s like the assault on Bobby didn’t happen.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s like the assault on Bobby didn’t happen.

What assault?

Edited by 1874robbo

Yellow teeth just loves the attention, the coin should never have been thrown, but the way he fell to the ground makes the buffoon a laughing stock.

He has it in for Hearts and our fans.

He suffers from depression like many do, but he plays on his.

The goading of Hearts fans when the goal was chalked off, his celebration in front of the Rangers fans when they drew 5-5 

Its all about him, he needs taken aside and told to grow up, or removed from managing Hib's he is ill and cant control himself his medication is not working or he is not taking it' balanced human beings do not act like he does.

If he cant be goaded he should not do any goading.

Now there is effigies of hanging him apparently but he doesn’t play the victim.

Neil Lennon believes he suffers anti-Catholic "racism" in Scotland and says there was an effigy depicting him being hanged at Tynecastle during Wednesday's Edinburgh derby.

The Hibernian head coach was struck by a coin during his team's goalless draw after celebrating a disallowed Hearts goal.

Lennon suggested some observers had blamed him for "bringing it on myself" by "goading people", which he described as a "pretty poor" argument.

"You call it sectarianism here in Scotland, I call it racism," Lennon said. "If a black man is abused, you're not just abusing the colour of his skin - you're abusing his culture, heritage, his background.

"It's the exact same when I get called a Fenian, a pauper, a beggar, a tarrier. These people have a sense of entitlement, or a superiority complex, and all I do is stand up for myself.

"I got hit by a coin in the face by someone in the crowd. Not happy with some of the comments that have come out after. People should know better.

"Pretty poor, all this, 'I was goading people, I brought it on myself'. There was an effigy at Tynecastle saying, 'hang Neil Lennon', that was before the game. 

"Did I bring that on myself? You're all saying no, because you're right minded people, you're decent people. 

"So this has got to stop. Everyone says I play the victim - I don't."

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Contributed to, quite possibly, being single handedly responsible is ridiculous. Not having a go at you, but even saying he's over stating it is a huuuge under statement.

Fair enough.

But lets put this another way. Name me one individual who has contributed as much to widening the sectarian divide in Scotland over the last decade or so?

9 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

Yellow teeth just loves the attention, the coin should never have been thrown, but the way he fell to the ground makes the buffoon a laughing stock.

He has it in for Hearts and our fans.

He suffers from depression like many do, but he plays on his.

The goading of Hearts fans when the goal was chalked off, his celebration in front of the Rangers fans when they drew 5-5 

Its all about him, he needs taken aside and told to grow up, or removed from managing Hib's he is ill and cant control himself his medication is not working or he is not taking it' balanced human beings do not act like he does.

If he cant be goaded he should not do any goading.

His depression has nothing to do with it.

That is his personality shining through.

He could fully recover from mental illness and still act like that because the truth is he does it because he is a ^^^^, he has always acted like that, before the mental illness because he has always been a ^^^^ and he will always act like this because, depression or no depression, he will always be a ^^^^

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Exactly.     A man who can distinguish between :

1.      Deserving to be hit by a coin

2.      Bringing the possibility on himself through his actions.

For the utter morons it's a binary choice.     For anyone with a brain,    the distinction is obvious.

I agree. Throwing a coin at someone is indefensible but winding up a group of angry football supporters tends to come with added risk. 

...a bit disco
10 minutes ago, DVB said:

Now there is effigies of hanging him apparently but he doesn’t play the victim.

Neil Lennon believes he suffers anti-Catholic "racism" in Scotland and says there was an effigy depicting him being hanged at Tynecastle during Wednesday's Edinburgh derby.

The Hibernian head coach was struck by a coin during his team's goalless draw after celebrating a disallowed Hearts goal.

Lennon suggested some observers had blamed him for "bringing it on myself" by "goading people", which he described as a "pretty poor" argument.

"You call it sectarianism here in Scotland, I call it racism," Lennon said. "If a black man is abused, you're not just abusing the colour of his skin - you're abusing his culture, heritage, his background.

"It's the exact same when I get called a Fenian, a pauper, a beggar, a tarrier. These people have a sense of entitlement, or a superiority complex, and all I do is stand up for myself.

"I got hit by a coin in the face by someone in the crowd. Not happy with some of the comments that have come out after. People should know better.

"Pretty poor, all this, 'I was goading people, I brought it on myself'. There was an effigy at Tynecastle saying, 'hang Neil Lennon', that was before the game. 

"Did I bring that on myself? You're all saying no, because you're right minded people, you're decent people. 

"So this has got to stop. Everyone says I play the victim - I don't."

So Lennon's making shit up now, or did we all miss something on Wednesday?

...a bit disco

STV running with this.

Hibs manager Neil Lennon: 'I'm abused because I'm Catholic and Irish'

Lennon was hit by a coin during the Edinburgh derby.

https://stv.tv/news/east-central/1432466-neil-lennon-i-m-abused-because-i-m-catholic-and-irish/

N Lincs Jambo

I watched the game on TV on Wednesday and have followed the various threads on JKB since then but at no time until the following broke on the BBC site had I seen any mention of "hang Neil Lennon" effigies at Tynecastle (I am aware of the sad and quite frankly disgraceful graffiti on Russell Road):

"Neil Lennon believes he suffers anti-Catholic "racism" in Scotland and says there was an effigy depicting him being hanged at Tynecastle during Wednesday's Edinburgh derby." This is lifted directly from the BBC article below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46073396

Seriously, did anyone, anywhere see an effigy depicting Neil Lennon hanging on Wednesday anywhere at Tynecastle? I'm sure if this were the case it would have been debated to death by now.

Mountains and molehills spring to mind... 

Seriously what on earth is happening to football? A few idiots doing idiot things, nobody gets hurt and yet it's as if there's been actual stabbings taking place

In football it's so normal to act as if a crime has taken place when a player gets kicked and grabbed or a fan has tried to act the hard man, starting to really get put off all this pantomime nonsense

I'm sure a coin would sting a fair bit but lennon was laid out on the ground like he'd been smacked by a baseball bat 

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

So Lennon's making shit up now, or did we all miss something on Wednesday?

Just showed his interview on ssn and the effigy which was 'hang Neil Lennon' spraypainted on a wall somewhere. He's not holding back anyway, this will rumble on and on. 

...a bit disco

From STV.

Lennon said the effigy of him outside Tynecastle before the match resembled something the Ku Klux Klan would participate in.

He said: "That effigy outside the ground before the game is sectarian or racist.

"Hanging people with something the Ku Klux Klan did in the 1960s - maybe that's the mentality of the people who want to write this stuff."

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Just showed his interview on ssn and the effigy which was 'hang Neil Lennon' spraypainted on a wall somewhere. He's not holding back anyway, this will rumble on and on. 

STV.

Lennon said the effigy of him outside Tynecastle before the match resembled something the Ku Klux Klan would participate in.

He said: "That effigy outside the ground before the game is sectarian or racist.

"Hanging people with something the Ku Klux Klan did in the 1960s - maybe that's the mentality of the people who want to write this stuff."

Neil Lennon played and managed one of the ugly sisters. That gets him a free ride with the Glasgow err sorry I mean Scottish media. No one has the balls to challenge what he says at his press conference. That is shame on the media up here.

4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

sosh1.png?strip=all&w=894&quality=100

:rolleyes: