Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, peter_hmfc said:

sosh1.png?strip=all&w=894&quality=100

:rolleyes:

Bet he condemned those actions with vigour, eh?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Just showed his interview on ssn and the effigy which was 'hang Neil Lennon' spraypainted on a wall somewhere. He's not holding back anyway, this will rumble on and on. 

That's the thing with the graffiti, I take it there is zero chance of a hibs fan being on russell Road, before the game, and doing it? 

Neil Lennon needs pulled up on this Asap. Sick Graffiti, yes. Effigy, no. This remark cannot and should not go unchallenged.

number witheld

there's a picture of graffiti on a wall stating 'hang neil lennon', though not sure if this was spray painted anywhere near tynecastle

The Apprentice

I take it he's just totally ignoring the conduct of his own fans the other night then?  Michael Smith was pelted at after that scuffle with Boyle and I don't see him coming out playing the racist card. 

The attitude towards Lennon is built around the fact the guy is an absolute walloper.  And that's not just specific to us.

Off the top of my head, he's now had a physical go at both McCoist and Jim Duffy, the GIRFUY gesture and cupping ears at Ibrox, the run on to the pitch last season and now his antics the other night.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, farin said:

This was sprayed on Russell Rd. 

24F12378-2D17-4C80-91D1-0BB67A02E948.jpeg.cc13e35b29679553d437f785f87ccf35.jpeg

Yeah, saw that mate. Not exactly an effigy, is it?

Did he condemn the Wallace Mercer graffiti on Russell Road as loudly?

Just now, number witheld said:

there's a picture of graffiti on a wall stating 'hang neil lennon', though not sure if this was spray painted anywhere near tynecastle

It's on Russell Road.

1 minute ago, number witheld said:

I was told it was in Russell Road.

1 minute ago, peter_hmfc said:

:cornette:

Beyond milking it now, the udder has truly run dry but he's still squeezing with all his might.

Pretty much. Best quid ever if it makes that poisonous little scrote quit Scottish football once and for all imo

2 hours ago, jambo19 said:

One of the tricolours beside the main stand had One Neil Lennon with his face on it. The fact their supporters are using him and the Irish flag to goad and wind up Hearts supporters would suggest it plays a small part, given these flags are brought by the minority but still brought nonetheless.

If anyone can get wound up by Neil Lennons face on a tri-colour then they have problems. I don't like Neil Lennon because of they way he conducts himself, how he speaks in the media and because he is the Hibs manager, not because he is Irish or Catholic. I didn't like Alan Stubbs, Pat Fenlon, Tony Mowbray, Calderwood etc all because they managed Hibs, nothing to do with religion or where they are from. If this attack was anything to do with him being Irish, why wait until the 1st minute to throw a coin? He was as Irish in the 1st minute as he was in the 91st. And no, I don't condone the coin throwing, just making the point that it wasn't new information in the 91st minute that he is Irish or Catholic 

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

considering his future in Scotland

Don't take too long ya wee prick

Can we have a whip round for his bus fair back to Bolton?

How should we give him the money?

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Yeah, saw that mate. Not exactly an effigy, is it?

Is it possible he's confusing the word effigy with graffiti?

His tumble to the ground may have caused concussion. Or he may just be thick?

brunoatemyhamster
28 minutes ago, DVB said:

Now there is effigies of hanging him apparently but he doesn’t play the victim.

Neil Lennon believes he suffers anti-Catholic "racism" in Scotland and says there was an effigy depicting him being hanged at Tynecastle during Wednesday's Edinburgh derby.

The Hibernian head coach was struck by a coin during his team's goalless draw after celebrating a disallowed Hearts goal.

Lennon suggested some observers had blamed him for "bringing it on myself" by "goading people", which he described as a "pretty poor" argument.

"You call it sectarianism here in Scotland, I call it racism," Lennon said. "If a black man is abused, you're not just abusing the colour of his skin - you're abusing his culture, heritage, his background.

"It's the exact same when I get called a Fenian, a pauper, a beggar, a tarrier. These people have a sense of entitlement, or a superiority complex, and all I do is stand up for myself.

"I got hit by a coin in the face by someone in the crowd. Not happy with some of the comments that have come out after. People should know better.

"Pretty poor, all this, 'I was goading people, I brought it on myself'. There was an effigy at Tynecastle saying, 'hang Neil Lennon', that was before the game. 

"Did I bring that on myself? You're all saying no, because you're right minded people, you're decent people. 

"So this has got to stop. Everyone says I play the victim - I don't."

He doesn't even know hes doing it in this statement.

The man is retarded. 100% mental ill.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Is it possible he's confusing the word effigy with graffiti?

His tumble to the ground may have caused concussion. Or he may just be thick?

:lol:

3 minutes ago, number witheld said:

thanks. the HMFC banksy no doubt, such witticism.

Or the HFC one. Such witticism too.

16 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I watched the game on TV on Wednesday and have followed the various threads on JKB since then but at no time until the following broke on the BBC site had I seen any mention of "hang Neil Lennon" effigies at Tynecastle (I am aware of the sad and quite frankly disgraceful graffiti on Russell Road):

"Neil Lennon believes he suffers anti-Catholic "racism" in Scotland and says there was an effigy depicting him being hanged at Tynecastle during Wednesday's Edinburgh derby." This is lifted directly from the BBC article below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46073396

Seriously, did anyone, anywhere see an effigy depicting Neil Lennon hanging on Wednesday anywhere at Tynecastle? I'm sure if this were the case it would have been debated to death by now.

Well that is just a blatant lie.

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

From STV.

Lennon said the effigy of him outside Tynecastle before the match resembled something the Ku Klux Klan would participate in.

He said: "That effigy outside the ground before the game is sectarian or racist.

"Hanging people with something the Ku Klux Klan did in the 1960s - maybe that's the mentality of the people who want to write this stuff."

The KKK hung gingers???

number witheld

is it possible to wholly condemn something without resorting to whataboutery? I've no doubt if faced with the question lennon would have stated those effigies at parkhead were wrong

Hackney Hearts

I feel pretty confident, in this day and age, that if there was an effigy of Neil Lennon on Wednesday night, we'd have seen a photo of it by now.

loveofthegame
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It's on Russell Road.

The same road that Hibs fan(s) spray painted about Wallace mercer being 6 foot under. Just FYI.

N Lincs Jambo
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well that is just a blatant lie.

That was what I thought. If there had been an effigy as he is claiming then it would have been utterly abhorrent and the perpetrator should be facing a life ban. The graffiti though is a disgrace. As John Findlay said above, he should be getting pulled up on that

Just now, loveofthegame said:

The same road that Hibs fan(s) spray painted about Wallace mercer being 6 foot under. Just FYI.

Exactly.

Double standards are rife in Lochend.

"As soon as I've come back to Scotland it's started to rear its ugly head again." Neil Lennon says he may reconsider his position.

He's offski........................again.

Edited by Notts1874

number witheld
1 minute ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

That was what I thought. If there had been an effigy as he is claiming then it would have been utterly abhorrent and the perpetrator should be facing a life ban. The graffiti though is a disgrace. As John Findlay said above, he should be getting pulled up on that

i would agree i think someone should put it to him.

2 minutes ago, number witheld said:

is it possible to wholly condemn something without resorting to whataboutery? I've no doubt if faced with the question lennon would have stated those effigies at parkhead were wrong

We have condemned it. We or I am pulling your manager up for being a liar. That is what he is pure and simple.

Can you imagine what would happen if you were in a pub full of hibs fans and they scored a 90th minute goal that was chalked off and you turned around to a big group of them with your hearts tracksuit top on and gave them the calm down sign and celebrated like you’d scored a goal yourselves 

what do you think the reaction would be?

im not condoning getting hit by a coin but tbh I’d expect a kicking.

number witheld
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

We have condemned it. We or I am pulling your manager up for being a liar. That is what he is pure and simple.

Hi John, is the point not that he misspoke calling it an effigy rather than a bit of graffitti. i guess you could call it lying i suppose.

4 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Is nothing to do with whataboutery. Lennon has accused our fans of something pretty shocking and it appears to be a complete lie.

I think Budge needs to call him out on it and demand an explanation from Dempster because this guy is losing control and being allowed to make all kinds of accusations without fear of contradiction.

1 minute ago, number witheld said:

Hi John, is the point not that he misspoke calling it an effigy rather than a bit of graffitti. i guess you could call it lying i suppose.

He knows exactly what he's saying. He is a liar.

number witheld

i've only read what he said in print, is it possible he misspoke or doi y

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Is nothing to do with whataboutery. Lennon has accused our fans of something pretty shocking and it appears to be a complete lie.

I think Budge needs to call him out on it and demand an explanation from Dempster because this guy is losing control and being allowed to make all kinds of accusations without fear of contradiction.

Nookie, is it at all possible he just misspoke? Or i assume you think it was deliberate?

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He's offski........................again.

I think that might be best for all concerned. No other Irish Catholic stirs up any problems in Scottish football. Odd that.

He's just an out and out liar and should be told he is by our club, he is trying to fan the flames of hatred with all his might, the beaks need to get him and his club put in their place! Oh! Wait, Petrie? 

number witheld
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He knows exactly what he's saying. He is a liar.

ha, i'm in the wrong - he actually said there was an effigy of him being hanged. i agree he totally needs called out on this if this didnt happen. my mistake. apologies.

Sexton Hardcastle

Odds on the smelly green brigade doing some sort of Lennon tribute tomorrow?

Maybe they all might not brush their teeth.

6 minutes ago, number witheld said:

i've only read what he said in print, is it possible he misspoke or doi y

Nookie, is it at all possible he just misspoke? Or i assume you think it was deliberate?

There is a slight chance.

As others have said just above, he needs to be asked if he meant graffiti, rather than effigy.