Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

Manager celebrates a disallowed goal in the last minute and deserves to get coins chucked at him aye?  If that was Craig he would be a wind up merchant hero.  Lennons a complete weapon but he done sod all wrong. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Absolutely :spoton:

I hope every single “fan” from both sides who were guilty of violence of any kind are weeded out and banned by both clubs, however I sincerely hope Lennon is also called upon to explain his actions. Yes, he gets it stinking from Hearts fans, much more than any other manager gets but you can’t incite the crowd like that in what is already a powder keg.

And now Lennon's taking the moral high ground:

People will say I was winding the crowd up; I wasn't. I was just giving a bit back for the abuse I was taking for 90 minutes.

Anyone seeing him moments before being struck knows he was winding up the crowd. It's what any of us would have done had the roles been reversed. However, when you're a manager of a football team, in the environment he was in last night and with the history he has, there's a responsibility to behave in a certain way.

I repeat - his behaviour, as reckless as it was, did not deserve anyone getting hit but there's no doubt in my mind that it was idiotic and directly resulted in the coin being thrown. 

Once again with Lennon, it's all about him. His actions could have resulted in anyone in his vicinity being hit by that coin. The outcome could have been far worse. 

So while he doesn't take the blame, as such, he should recognise that he has been responsible for inflaming the situation.

I won't hold my breath - he hasn't the intelligence to work any of that out for himself. He wouldn't even understand it if he was given three hours to read it over and over.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The guy took dogs abuse for 90mins and turns round to give bit back 

But he should know that he shouldn't do that. 

39 minutes ago, scb1006 said:

The coin thrower stooped to below Lennon's level last night and brought the club into disrepute.

This is an excellent way to put it.

Lennon operates at a low, scummy level. The coin thrower managed to limbo lower than that. Not only has the coin thrower been an utter spunknugget, he's deflected attention from Lennon's own spunknuggetry.

Wow - we were so lucky that Lennon made such a speedy recovery. Looked like he'd need several weeks' in intensive care the way he went down

I P Knightley
12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well let me tell you my kids and me sit 2nd row right at away dug out and if you think he doesn't get sectarian abuse you kidding yourself on ! Some of the stuff he gets thrown at him is below the belt 

Read I8's post again.

He says that he brings everything upon himself except for the sectarian shit. He doesn't say Lennon doesn't receive sectarian abuse; he says that Lennon doesn't do anything to bring that abuse upon himself. 

15 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well let me tell you my kids and me sit 2nd row right at away dug out and if you think he doesn't get sectarian abuse you kidding yourself on ! Some of the stuff he gets thrown at him is below the belt 

When did I say I don't think he gets sectarian abuse?

I said that is the only abuse he doesn't deserve.

I dont like how this is all being reported this morning. The news seems to be focusing on Leenon getting hit in the chest with a coin rather than our goalkeeper getting punched by a Hibs fan.

The amount of coins and lighters that were getting thrown at Bobby too was ridiculous. Lennon will take the headlines though after his wee dive in the dugout.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

When did I say I don't think he gets sectarian abuse?

I said that is the only abuse he doesn't deserve.

So he deserves to be hit with a coin in your opinion?

The coin thrower is a complete idiot and deserves all he/she gets.

Neil Lennon. If he had said an object struck me in the chest(which it did)and the thrower is bang out of order. Then all right thinking peoples would agree and be with him. But,  no he made a dramatic fall and pretended he was hurt.

Then claimed afterwards it hit him on the chin. Which is an outright lie.

He does himself no favours whatsoever with his own behaviour. The media should call him out on it but won't because of who he has played and managed previously.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Really? 

Is that how you interpret his reply? 

16 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Manager celebrates a disallowed goal in the last minute and deserves to get coins chucked at him aye?  If that was Craig he would be a wind up merchant hero.  Lennons a complete weapon but he done sod all wrong. 

Celebrating a disallowed goal in itself is pathetic patter.  If Hibs has scored a winner, I’d have expected that from him.

24 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

He knew what he was doing.  Knew that without hitting the deck he’d be up in front of the heid yins on a conduct charge for that behaviour.

Nail on head

The Old Tolbooth

Lennon knew exactly what he was doing, his team were under the cosh, looking like losing a goal, he runs out and goads Hearts fans and goes down like he's been leathered when the coin CLEARLY hits him nowhere near his face, and decides to YET AGAIN make it all about him being the poor victim, coin throwing shouldn't be condoned, but Lennon is scum who deliberately wasted time to drag a point out of that game. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew the focus would be on Zlamal being punched as well, and it was a double whammy for him. 

If Levein ever acted like that and went down clutching his face when nothing touched him, I'd be majorly embarrassed. The SFA need to punish Lennon as in my book he's absolutely brought the game into disrepute with his actions, the man is unhinged! 

11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

He can't take it? The guy got absolute dogs abuse for 90mins

You have never been a linesman then?

Whether you or I like it or not its the norm for football matches 

If officials,players managers reacted to the abuse they receive then the game would have to be stopped before it got started.

I have never known a manager of another club to create such hostility in our fans.

I hope that the mindless idiot who threw the coin is caught and punished severely.

The thing that angers me is that Tyncastle is our home.Its our place,our fans our community and we have Lennon goading and provoking and playacting to bring trouble onto our club.He knew exactly what he was doing.It is not right.

57 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

If those who are trying to defend the coin thrower are rightfully being condemned then why are you defending the instigator? Constantly as well. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Des Lynam said:

If those who are trying to defend the coin thrower are rightfully being condemned then why are you defending the instigator? Constantly as well. 

If a was getting abused for 90mins a think I'd give bit back aswell 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Lennon knew exactly what he was doing, his team were under the cosh, looking like losing a goal, he runs out and goads Hearts fans and goes down like he's been leathered when the coin CLEARLY hits him nowhere near his face, and decides to YET AGAIN make it all about him being the poor victim, coin throwing shouldn't be condoned, but Lennon is scum who deliberately wasted time to drag a point out of that game. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew the focus would be on Zlamal being punched as well, and it was a double whammy for him. 

If Levein ever acted like that and went down clutching his face when nothing touched him, I'd be majorly embarrassed. The SFA need to punish Lennon as in my book he's absolutely brought the game into disrepute with his actions, the man is unhinged! 

Sinclair wasn't done for diving and neither will this arsehole. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Some other idiot has been charged for assaulting assistant referee ! It's totally unnaceptable behaviour from small minority 

He’s a professional and knows the treatment he’ll get at Tynecastle. 

I P Knightley
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Let's all give thanks that you're not the Hearts manager, then. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

He’s a professional and knows the treatment he’ll get at Tynecastle. 

Rubbish ! Sectarianism is against the law 

This thread shouldn't be about Lennon, it should be about the person who threw the coin.

Why divert attention to what Lennon did when the coin should never be thrown in the first place?

14 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I dont like how this is all being reported this morning. The news seems to be focusing on Leenon getting hit in the chest with a coin rather than our goalkeeper getting punched by a Hibs fan.

The amount of coins and lighters that were getting thrown at Bobby too was ridiculous. Lennon will take the headlines though after his wee dive in the dugout.

Absolutely this. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Dr. Bapswent said:

This thread shouldn't be about Lennon, it should be about the person who threw the coin.

Why divert attention to what Lennon did when the coin should never be thrown in the first place?

This

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Jeez you are just putting words in my mouth.

I don’t condone the action of our fan.  It puts the club in a bad light and will no doubt cost us.  Also, I wouldn’t even recommend anyone even wasting 1p on Neil Lennon.

I wish it never happened.  However, if you are going to be a big man and goad 6,000 fans who have just seen a goal chopped off in the last minute in and Edinburgh football derby  you deserve everything you get.

Do I wish it never happened, yes.  I hate how we will be punished for this.

Do I give the slightest shite about the welfare of Neil Lennon, no.

I like fairness.  Neil Lennon despises us.  I despise him.

Not with standing the idiocy of the coin thrower. Lennon through is over acting to being hit caused undue alarm to his staff, others around him and quite possibly thousands of viewers. That act is totally reprehensible. I hope when he reflects back on his behaviour he might feel silly and embarrassed. I doubt he will though. I also feel that those whom he alarmed and upset will now look at him and wonder why do that to us. 

This

Disagree. It should discuss every detail of what happened. The coin throw, the fact it hit his chest and he pretended it hit his face, the winding up between Lennon and the supporters. The whole shooting match. 

If we are just allowed to discuss the guy throwing the coin, then you have one long thread where everyone says ‘he should be punished’. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Is the area where the coin likely would have come from not where the media/suits sit?

Cant imagine someone from the top of the section launched it that accurately and also seems the coin isn’t travelling at that high a velocity given folk have got such clear screenshots. So must have come fairly low down?

24 minutes ago, robroy1874 said:

Wow - we were so lucky that Lennon made such a speedy recovery. Looked like he'd need several weeks' in intensive care the way he went down

Looked unconscious on the ground to me at first.  Hit by a sniper’s bullet.

This man has mental issues.

1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Is the area where the coin likely would have come from not where the media/suits sit?

Cant imagine someone from the top of the section launched it that accurately and also seems the coin isn’t travelling at that high a velocity given folk have got such clear screenshots. So must have come fairly low down?

Could have been one of his unpicked disgruntled players.

::troll::

If you were in a pub goading folk like that you would expect a smack. The fact he is a football manager and has been in football many years means he knows how he should behave but can’t control himself. Fairly sure he was pulled up for this against rangers recently. Funny he can’t seem to control himself against us or rangers but yet other Celtic minded player/ managers come and go with no problems.

He has a duty to not instigate crowd problems. The crowd has a duty not to throw stuff at Neil Lennon. Fail and fail .

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

So what. Do you think Levein gets offered a nice cuppa by the Hibs fans behind his dugout at Easter Road or that Gerrard is warmly applauded by the Celtic fans at Parkhead. Lennon goads fans. He turns round and makes a point of doing it. He's like the wee coward that starts a fight and gets a deserved punch in the mouth as the police arrive and the person giving him it gets the jail. 

There is no excuse for throwing stuff at anybody, but Lennon's behaviour is outrageous. He is a professional who should concentrate on whats going on in front of him and not behind. 

For what its worth I also thought it was a decent result for our reserves last night against an in form Hibs. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Then you shouldn't be surprised when some dafty cranks it up a notch and sticks one on you.

Every grown adult first and foremost has a duty of care to themselves - however unfair or unpalatable that may be.

If I, for example, was watching the match in the Loch Inn and decided to rise above the 'banter' from the natives I'd be within my rights to expect safe passage after the game. If I behaved as Lennon did last night however, I'd expect a spectacular second prize.

If you don't want stung keep your hand out of the hornets nest. 

No other manager has been assaulted at Tynecastle by a supporter in the entire history of the club. Lennon has been twatted twice. He'd have you believe it's because he's a poor, persecuted, misunderstood, Irish Catholic, but the reality is it's because he plays the part of an utter **** with Shakespearean aplomb.

It really is that simple

10 minutes ago, Dr. Bapswent said:

If we cannot talk straight about Lennon's behaviour, then there is no point discussing the coin thrower.

If i had gone up to a bunch of hibs fans and started goading them in the street, and then one of them gave me a smack, my mates would have picked me up and said "you asked for that, you****". Hibs need to do the same with lennon, while we sort out our own.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Bapswent said:

Because there is mitigating circumstances. You’re surely not that dim? 

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, robroy1874 said:

Amazing work by the medic, not even a mark on his face, yet when the linesman got hit, blood was pushing out his head.  I wonder if the Complisnce Officer will offer him a 2 game ban for inciting the fans or his embarrassing simulation?  Reminded me of Rivaldo at the World Cup.

Lennon didn’t deserve to be hit by a coin and it’s scummy and cowardly behaviour to do that.  However, his behaviour provoked the reaction, there’s no question of that.

At the other end, Bobby was just quietly going about his job, minding his own business and gets a punch in the coupon for his trouble!  What goes through people’s minds?  He hasn’t even played against Hibs before!

Hearing from someone sitting behind the Hibs dugout that after the Lennon incident a member of the Hibs coaching staff spent the next 3 or 4 minutes goading a Hearts fan and offering him down to pitchside for a fight.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Gambo said:

Hearing from someone sitting behind the Hibs dugout that after the Lennon incident a member of the Hibs coaching staff spent the next 3 or 4 minutes goading a Hearts fan and offering him down to pitchside for a fight.

Combe?

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Then you shouldn't be surprised when some dafty cranks it up a notch and sticks one on you.

Every grown adult first and foremost has a duty of care to themselves - however unfair or unpalatable that may be.

If I, for example, was watching the match in the Loch Inn and decided to rise above the 'banter' from the natives I'd be within my rights to expect safe passage after the game. If I behaved as Lennon did last night however, I'd expect a spectacular second prize.

If you don't want stung keep your hand out of the hornets nest. 

No other manager has been assaulted at Tynecastle by a supporter in the entire history of the club. Lennon has been twatted twice. He'd have you believe it's because he's a poor, persecuted, misunderstood, Irish Catholic, but the reality is it's because he plays the part of an utter **** with Shakespearean aplomb.

It really is that simple

Common sense post. 

Bravo! 

Nelly Terraces
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

If we cannot talk straight about Lennon's behaviour, then there is no point discussing the coin thrower.

If i had gone up to a bunch of hibs fans and started goading them in the street, and then one of them gave me a smack, my mates would have picked me up and said "you asked for that, you****". Hibs need to do the same with lennon, while we sort out our own.

Completely agree.

Not that I care much - more interested in whether our 'goal' was offside or not. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

That just sounds a little pathetic ... 'but the big man wound be up...'

No excuses should be made for grown men assaulting someone because they cant control themselves.

How many stitches did he get in his face?

Asking for a concerned friend.......

Siphiwe Tshabalala
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

That would be Combe the goalie coach.

Just now, Jocam2325 said:

So what. Do you think Levein gets offered a nice cuppa by the Hibs fans behind his dugout at Easter Road or that Gerrard is warmly applauded by the Celtic fans at Parkhead. Lennon goads fans. He turns round and makes a point of doing it. He's like the wee coward that starts a fight and gets a deserved punch in the mouth as the police arrive and the person giving him it gets the jail. 

There is no excuse for throwing stuff at anybody, but Lennon's behaviour is outrageous. He is a professional who should concentrate on whats going on in front of him and not behind. 

For what its worth I also thought it was a decent result for our reserves last night against an in form Hibs. 

Exactly. Is Neil Lennon the first manager to get 90 mins of abuse? I imagine any local Derby in the country has the shit directed at the away manager. The fact a linesman got a nasty wound to his head the other week but yet didn’t play dead line NL sums him up for me. Dead one min up and about and doing his job the next. Embarrassing behaviour from a snarling classless dick.

28 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The coin thrower is a complete idiot and deserves all he/she gets.

Neil Lennon. If he had said an object struck me in the chest(which it did)and the thrower is bang out of order. Then all right thinking peoples would agree and be with him. But,  no he made a dramatic fall and pretended he was hurt.

Then claimed afterwards it hit him on the chin. Which is an outright lie.

He does himself no favours whatsoever with his own behaviour. The media should call him out on it but won't because of who he has played and managed previously.

100% hit him in the face. Seen it with my own eyes. 

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Because there is mitigating circumstances. You’re surely not that dim? 

Mitigating circumstances.... please.

No excuses should be made for grown men assaulting someone because they cant control themselves.