Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

19 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

If they do toss a coin to decide which game is played at Murrayfield it would be a nice touch to invite the Rangers fan from the Livi game to do the honours.

??????

On a more serious note couldn't these SPFL donkeys just have re-scheduled the game without asking Celtic if its OK with them?

Celtic do have a fair arguement of course that being a republic of Ireland club, every game for them is an away game.  In that case though, murrayfield should make no difference to them.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Just now, DH1986 said:

Ok......

What if Aberdeen ask for a ‘venue draw’ ?

I’m sure Murrayfield as a location suits them more than Hampden. 

There is no right to a venue draw.   There is no precendent.   It is a decision to be made and imposed.    The end.

Hearts v Celtic being drawn first, should be played at Hampden on Saturday the 27th, and Rangers Aberdeen on Sunday 28th at Hampden, so it’s the Saturday game which has caused the problem, and has to be moved, not Rangers v Aberdeen who are at Hampden on the day they should, having been drawn as the 2nd game. Therefore Hearts are having to play on Sunday to accommodate Celtic, and as Hampden is not available, they have to play elsewhere, (Murrayfield) why should the other teams have a draw to see where they should play. If Celtic don't agree, they should just play on the original dates.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Ok......

The whole point is that the original decision inconvenienced fans needlessly, which is what staging any game other than Hearts-Celtic at Murrayfield would do. Aberdeen would have some brass neck to complain after joining Hearts in a public protest to make that very point about needing to put fans first.

25 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Well.....

This raises a whole new issue. Celtic are actually well within their rights to ask for this tbh. Just because the game is in Edinburgh and it suits us doesn’t mean it should happen.

If we’re demanding fairness and openness I suppose we’ll just need to take our chances in the draw for the stadium.....and pray luck is on our side.

Celtic are inconvenienced having to come to Edinburgh. No proof they have made a complaint. Jackson is a stirrer. But tough. Never thought you got a say on where semi final game is played. Our complaint was about the time of game. 

The main issue is public safety and probably some intelligence after games announced that trouble was likely between Rangers and Celtic fans.  

There won't be a draw. 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I didn't say anything about home advantage, I'm just thinking about tens of thousands of your fans having to travel to another city. We'd prefer not to, they'd prefer not to too - it's understandable. 

I don't believe it's ever about the most logical and safe solution, and if we're talking about the draw you could equally argue that with Hampden being the original venue and our game being drawn first, that it should be the second game that's being moved.

My concerns are alleviated if one of the games is at murrayfield. It would be a nice bonus if it was our game too but I'm not expecting it. 

Could you blame Hearts if Budge and Levein has said “schedule kick offs are fine, but we want a draw to decide who gets the one at noon”? 

That would have been, quite rightly, laughed off. 

12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I can't believe this.  They've played every semi final and final in Glasgow for well over 140 years and now they want the venue decided by sticking two names on a hat.

Would it ever even vaguely occur to them that they and the bulk of their supporters have had a massive advantage over these years.

Disbelief city.

This whole sham has already confirmed that Scottish football is a laughing stock. Can you imagine the perception if we now allow a two-stage process to the cup draw purely to give Celtic a better chance of not having to play outside Glasgow, presumably in the face of police advice. It's a ridiculous 'demand' from them.

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Ok......

A venue draw? I’ve never heard of the like. Until tonight.

As for Murrayfield v Hampden for Aberdeen...I suspect it’s six and half a dozen. Travel time about equal (apart from their Balerno and Craiglockhart-raised glory hunters). 

Celtic need to be reminded that Scottish football must not be dictated to by them

lets no pretend the original time and venue suited them

luckyBatistuta
23 minutes ago, Peebo said:

They are not within their rights at all. It’s for the SPFL to decide on a suitable neutral venue for games like this. 

:spoton:

50 minutes ago, graygo said:

I wouldn't mind a wee wager that they get their way.

I’m sitting in a rage reading that. Who the #### do they think they are. If this is done, then it just shows them up for yet again pandering to the bigots. What’s their ####ing problem now?

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There is no right to a venue draw.   There is no precendent.   It is a decision to be made and imposed.    The end.

This smacks of double standards I’m afraid.

Seymour M Hersh
38 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Well.....

This raises a whole new issue. Celtic are actually well within their rights to ask for this tbh. Just because the game is in Edinburgh and it suits us doesn’t mean it should happen.

If we’re demanding fairness and openness I suppose we’ll just need to take our chances in the draw for the stadium.....and pray luck is on our side.

Are they? The governing body decides on venues not clubs. 

1 minute ago, Peebo said:

As for Murrayfield v Hampden for Aberdeen...I suspect it’s six and half a dozen. Travel time about equal (apart from their Balerno and Craiglockhart-raised glory hunters). 

Plus, the Balerno and Craiglockhart born and bred Tims will find it easier to scuttle their way to Murrayfield and maybe actually see ‘their team’ live for a change, so that’s good too. Having grown up amongst many of the Balerno ones however, I expect they’ll still not bother and just watch it on the telly and try and brag about the result afterwards.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Exactly, when does that ever happen. Is every team from now on going to protest at the venue that’s been given to them and demand a draw, it’s a joke.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Could you blame Hearts if Budge and Levein has said “schedule kick offs are fine, but we want a draw to decide who gets the one at noon”? 

That would have been, quite rightly, laughed off. 

Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't, I'm just saying I would have no problem with it now that it looks like our grievances have been sorted. I really don't see what's so unbelievable about that.

No it doesn't.    You must be demented.

There is no draw to decide venues.     That's the sum total of it.

What ****ing double standards?

:cornette:

NaturalOrder74

This trivial demand from Celtic is embarrasing. 

All just wasting more time to sell tickets, surely must be a decision tomorrow 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't, I'm just saying I would have no problem with it now that it looks like our grievances have been sorted. I really don't see what's so unbelievable about that.

There’s nothing unbelievable about that.

What’s unbelievable is that anyone thinks that Celtic’s apparent request is anything other than utterly laughable. 

39 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Well.....

Thats like saying everytime Hearts or Hibs make a semi they should write and complain that they want the semi in Edinburgh not Glasgow when Aberdeen make it they should write and request Dundee. 

They are within their rights to question it but not ask for an open draw. They didn’t complain last week when they were the 745pm kick off at Hampden did they? Even though its been stated by AB they were not happy with the decision. You can’t keep quiet when it suits then argue when it doesn’t.

The logistical and policing issues should be determining factors and that makes sense to have Hearts v Celtic at Murrayfield. No Hearts fan particularly cares where it is as long as its accessible for us be it alone or with out families. That was a legitimate reason to oppose Sunday at 745pm at Hampden. It is not a valid reason for Celtic to oppose Murrayfield on a Sunday afternoon. 

You figure it out 

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

When has a draw ever been made for Cup semi finals? 

Dumbarton v Hearts 1976

Dundee United v Hearts 1986

Celtic v Hearts 2012

Could these games have been played at another venue? 

Both games can still be played at Hampden if one is moved to following weekend 

1 minute ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

This trivial demand from Celtic is embarrasing. 

All just wasting more time to sell tickets, surely must be a decision tomorrow 

Still just got Keith Jackson's word for that 

Just because we’ve never heard of one....it doesn’t make it a bad idea.

Also.....

Aberdeen to Murrayfield will be an easier journey than Aberdeen to Hampden given the location of the arrival train station to the stadium. Alight at Haymarket and a short tram or bus journey or even a 15 minute walk. 

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Are they? The governing body decides on venues not clubs. 

So....

If the SPFL tell us we’re going to Hampden you won’t have any complaints ?

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats like saying everytime Hearts or Hibs make a semi they should write and complain that they want the semi in Edinburgh not Glasgow when Aberdeen make it they should write and request Dundee. 

They are within their rights to question it but not ask for an open draw. They didn’t complain last week when they were the 745pm kick off at Hampden did they? Even though its been stated by AB they were not happy with the decision. You can’t keep quiet when it suits then argue when it doesn’t.

The logistical and policing issues should be determining factors and that makes sense to have Hearts v Celtic at Murrayfield. No Hearts fan particularly cares where it is as long as its accessible for us be it alone or with out families. That was a legitimate reason to oppose Sunday at 745pm at Hampden. It is not a valid reason for Celtic to oppose Murrayfield on a Sunday afternoon. 

You figure it out 

Celtic aren’t demanding the semi is played in Glasgow.....they’re apparently just asking for a draw. Seems fair enough to tbh.

Edited by DH1986

Also.....

Aberdeen to Murrayfield will be an easier journey than Aberdeen to Hampden given the location of the arrival train station to the stadium. Alight at Haymarket and a short tram or bus journey or even a 15 minute walk. 

You saying Murrayfield is a better venue for games than Hampden.

Thought there wasn't meant to be any difference. 

15 minutes ago, Dave_Mackay said:

Hearts v Celtic being drawn first, should be played at Hampden on Saturday the 27th, and Rangers Aberdeen on Sunday 28th at Hampden, so it’s the Saturday game which has caused the problem, and has to be moved, not Rangers v Aberdeen who are at Hampden on the day they should, having been drawn as the 2nd game. Therefore Hearts are having to play on Sunday to accommodate Celtic, and as Hampden is not available, they have to play elsewhere, (Murrayfield) why should the other teams have a draw to see where they should play. If Celtic don't agree, they should just play on the original dates.

I agree with this. There is not a problem with the Sunday game. The Saturday game is being moved because Celtic are in Europe on the Thursday. 

fabienleclerq
5 minutes ago, Peebo said:

What’s unbelievable is that anyone thinks that Celtic’s apparent request is anything other than utterly laughable. 

Exactly, the only reason it's a Sunday is to accommodate Celtic. Give them the choice Saturday at Hampden or Sunday at Murrayfield.

Just now, fabienleclerq said:

Exactly, the only reason it's a Sunday is to accommodate Celtic. Give them the choice Saturday at Hampden or Sunday at Murrayfield.

Celtic and Rangers both ... 

Just now, DH1986 said:

Also.....

Why is it a good idea, though? What is the purpose? 

As for the journey, if the games are played in two different stadia, presumably the kick off of the Rangers v Aberdeen game will be moved. As such, the issue with the first train is no longer an issue. Both places easy to get to if it’s mid afternoon - a few hours travel to either stadium. Pretty sure that not every Aberdeen fan will be getting a train, in any case. No Forth bridges to deal with for cars/coaches going to Hampden, for example. 

So....

People would have complaints based on it being contrary to the obvious best solution.    Not because there was no draw.

You're at it or are suddenly rather thick.

Just now, DH1986 said:

Celtic are demanding the semi is played in Glasgow.....they’re apparently just asking for a draw. Seems fair enough to tbh.

Of course they want every game in Glasgow.

Willie Haughy bought Hampden the money to remain the Celtic End for that reason  

Just now, fabienleclerq said:

Give them the choice Saturday at Hampden or Sunday at Murrayfield.

Boom! That’s absolutely spot on. Play us on Saturday if Hampden being the venue is such a big deal.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

the Balerno and Craiglockhart born and bred Tims

Those ***** make me sick.

1 minute ago, jambovambo said:

Celtic and Rangers both ... 

No if you go by the “first out the hat” argument...Ranger would have been Sunday at Hampden regardless, presumably. 

Unknown user

Well as I say, I'd have no problem with it. It looks like we've won the battle over the original decision, it's clear celtic are shitting it a bit, and we're in an unprecedented situation where all the clubs are demanding their voice be heard. 

Ideally we'd play at murrayfield and make the weegies come to us for once, but we'll see what happens. 

49 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Well.....

Not bothered where we play them as long as its at a reasonable time which allows fans of all sides to get to and from the matches at a decent hour and without running the risk of injury.

1 minute ago, Peebo said:

No if you go by the “first out the hat” argument...Ranger would have been Sunday at Hampden regardless, presumably. 

I mean both played on the Thurs. 

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

So....

As i have said and others not one of us is fussed where we play it makes no real difference as long as its not Celtic Park. The issue was with times and logistics of travel and taking families etc. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

When has a draw ever been made for Cup semi finals? 

Dumbarton v Hearts 1976

Dundee United v Hearts 1986

Celtic v Hearts 2012

Could these games have been played at another venue? 

Both games can still be played at Hampden if one is moved to following weekend 

Ok.....

We aren’t happy with Hampden at that time on a Sunday. Apparently Celtic aren’t happy with Murrayfield.

To ensure everyone is comfortable with the decision we simply allocate a kick off time to Hampden say, 1:30pm and a 4pm kick off at Murrayfield and which ever tie is drawn out first plays Hampden.

Job done and no more complaints from any team and Super Sunday lives on.

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Those ***** make me sick.

And I. Thankfully growing up there 1979 - 2001 there were far more Hearts supporters than any other club in Balerno. Not sure that’s the case any more. There was always an oddly high number of Tims in Kirknewton though, always found that weird. Maybe something to do with the old Airforce prefabs or something? Ratho was always overwhelmingly Hearts and Rangers. Balerno and Currie were majority Hearts, I always felt, but even a few Tims is too many.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

indianajones

Greetin faced arseholes are absolutely bricking themselves at the prospect of playing us in Edinburgh. 

You can smell the fear. 

6 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

100% this ?

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Celtic aren’t demanding the semi is played in Glasgow.....they’re apparently just asking for a draw. Seems fair enough to tbh. 

you genuinely belive that they “asked” the question cause they are happy to play anywhere. Course they aren’t they want to play it in Glasgow hence “asking” the question

Just now, Smithee said:

Well as I say, I'd have no problem with it. It looks like we've won the battle over the original decision, it's clear celtic are shitting it a bit, and we're in an unprecedented situation where all the clubs are demanding their voice be heard. 

Ideally we'd play at murrayfield and make the weegies come to us for once, but we'll see what happens. 

Cool. And I find that lack of problem incredible. Each to their own. 

For what it’s worth, while us at Murrayfield is clearly the sensible solution, I am not set on it. I’ve not been to Hampden I’m over a decade so was looking forward to it (not at the scheduled time, mind). However, if we end up at Hampden because of a completely baseless request from Celtic, I’ll be really ****ed off. 

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Ok.....

We aren’t happy with Hampden at that time on a Sunday. Apparently Celtic aren’t happy with Murrayfield.

To ensure everyone is comfortable with the decision we simply allocate a kick off time to Hampden say, 1:30pm and a 4pm kick off at Murrayfield and which ever tie is drawn out first plays Hampden.

Job done and no more complaints from any team and Super Sunday lives on.

Draw sets a precedent

Won't happen. Maybe a decent idea but say there is another occasion. St Johnstone, Celtic, Hibs, Ayr. 

Celtic v Ayr drawn at Murrayfield

Hibs v St Johnstone at Hampden 

Would be ridiculed

Edited by Mikey1874