Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

6 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

It was also a lunchtime KO on a Sunday in Glasgow. 

This will be a lunchtime kick off, on a Sunday in Edinburgh. Everyone and their gran will be able to get a ticket for this game.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

grumpy rebus

The one problem with everyone’s suggested solutions on here is that they all have a degree of logic. Please try to remember we are talking about the SPFL so logic plays NO part in the decision they will arrive at. All that matters to them is making things as pleasant as possible for the gruesome twosome. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

History is against that.

Our two most recent Big Cup semi finals against them only produced attendances of 38k and 36k with only around 12/13 thousand Jambos at each and poor Celtic turnouts as well.

I concede the "Murrayfield Factor" combined with the easier travel options for Hearts fans will help. 

I would expect a total attendance of around 40k which would be a vast improvement compared to a Sunday night in Glasgow. 

We weren't top of the league when we played those games. 

14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Not so sure about that. Celtic would easily sell 33k and if we're still flying at the top of the league I reckon we'd shift about 25k.

What did we take to Murrayfield for Barca?

We should sell 30K surely with a good kickoff time and kids/families incentives.

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

History is against that.

Our two most recent Big Cup semi finals against them only produced attendances of 38k and 36k with only around 12/13 thousand Jambos at each and poor Celtic turnouts as well.

I concede the "Murrayfield Factor" combined with the easier travel options for Hearts fans will help. 

I would expect a total attendance of around 40k which would be a vast improvement compared to a Sunday night in Glasgow. 

Nah, Celtic will be able to sell 30k easily with many Edinburgh PT Tims coming out the woodwork if tickets are plentiful. 

We’ll easily muster 25k for an Edinburgh semi-final, wee cup or not. 

Add on suits and blazers, 60k+ I reckon. 

Jean Louis Valois
14 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

It was also a lunchtime KO on a Sunday in Glasgow. 

One of my favourite ever Hearts games. Could never understand why their was such a poor turnout for that one.

Just now, Jean Louis Valois said:

One of my favourite ever Hearts games. Could never understand why their was such a poor turnout for that one.

Probably because of our league form at the time. 

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

:spoton:

On both counts. Stuart and Tam should have pulled him up about that shite. Although I think he said:

”I got involved as soon as I found out they were considering Murrayfield. I did it so Glasgow could remain the HEART of Scottish Football.”

Subtle difference, but a difference nonetheless.

Yup Glib he did say that (initially) and it is a subtle difference but twice further on in the interview he did reiterate that Glasgow was the home of Scottish football. 

Anyhow peace out ? here’s to the Famous ?it is Tuesday night after all. HHGH

Say What Again
6 minutes ago, Clear few said:

I think ‘we’ is a bit optimistic for that attendance. I’d imagine there were fans of many teams there with kids etc - to watch Barcelona 

1 minute ago, Clear few said:

Yup Glib he did say that (initially) and it is a subtle difference but twice further on in the interview he did reiterate that Glasgow was the home of Scottish football. 

Anyhow peace out ? here’s to the Famous ?it is Tuesday night after all. HHGH

:D

Ah, :cheers: I stand corrected.

8 minutes ago, Clear few said:

We should sell 30K surely with a good kickoff time and kids/families incentives.

Agree we should but families will not wsnt to hear/see 30k IRA sympathisers in full voice.

3 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

I think ‘we’ is a bit optimistic for that attendance. I’d imagine there were fans of many teams there with kids etc - to watch Barcelona 

Indeed, know many people who were they for that who have probably not been to a game since. 

Ronaldinho, Henry, Xavi, Iniesta... quite insane thinking about it. 

Anyway, a more accurate measure is probably our game v Schalke - 27/28k. 

2pm kick off for Rangers vs Aberdeen at Hampden

4pm kick off for Hearts vs Celtic at Ibrox

It’ll be something stupid like this from Doncaster not the obvious Switch to Edinburgh 

4 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

Not true. Thousands of Barcelona fans travelled across just to see Hearts. FACT.

?

26 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I meant if we are still top on the weekend of the game, or the week leading up to it, we would shift a lot more tickets.

We only have 2 games before the cup game.

8 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Indeed, know many people who were they for that who have probably not been to a game since. 

Or Athens, 32k or thereabouts

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

35k for a league game with Rangers suggest it may be more like that number 

15 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

Hibs played Barca at Murrayfield a year later and only got a crowd of 19000.

I think the European games previously at Murrayfield are a better gauge of our potential turnout. 

How many did Celtic get at their Murrayfield games ?

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

35k for a league game with Rangers suggest it may be more like that number 

This154F7CA0-B747-4677-A07A-5BF69A3F8CEA.jpeg.b7c794eec126e4246026ebf74dc4ee93.jpeg

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

I think the European games previously at Murrayfield are a better gauge of our potential turnout. 

35,000 and 36,000 respectively v Reykjavik and Warsaw

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

We only have 2 games before the cup game.

I did say "flying high" meaning a positive result against Rangers and Aberdeen would see us selling more tickets. Two humpings and the fans might not be as enthusiastic. 

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

36k for the first match. 35k for the second, but they had been humiliated 4-1 in the first leg - so that probably shaved off 5k. 

They got beat 2-0 in that second leg but went through after Legia Wasraw? fielded an ineligible player. 

Big Slim Stylee
2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

35,000 and 36,000 respectively v Reykjavik and Warsaw

Celtic v KR Reykjavík - 22/07/14 – Reported Attendance 39,099 

Celtic v Legia Warsaw - 06/08/14 – Reported Attendance 30,063 

4 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

36k for the first match. 35k for the second, but they had been humiliated 4-1 in the first leg - so that probably shaved off 5k. 

They got beat 2-0 in that second leg but went through after Legia Wasraw? fielded an ineligible player. 

Yeah that's right....I remember thinking the barstewards were out but they were still in because some Polish admin lassie did't check players registration......lucky twats !!

A cup match on our doorstep , especially a significant one, should see us get between 20-25,000 of our own supporters.

If Murrayfield gets the green light it'll rekindle interest and the excitement that was there in many after winning last Wednesday.

Good crowd last week. I get the feeling the Hearts support are right up for League Cup this season.

Romanov Stole My Pension
2 hours ago, ramrod said:

Hopefully Hearts will just open up sales to anybody on the data base for as many tickets as you want from the get go. 

Absolutely no need for loyalty points for this game . 

Straight to public sale imo . 

Spot on. If it's murrayfield we'll be offered 30k. No way we'll sell that, but we should be as encouraging as possible to get as many fans and their mates/families along. 

7 minutes ago, jambokev said:

Yeah that's right....I remember thinking the barstewards were out but they were still in because some Polish admin lassie did't check players registration......lucky twats !!

You'd never get us doin' that. :whistling:

7 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Misleading headline, decision hasn't been made yet.

Last paragraph - 

“We will now discuss with a number of parties, including the SFA, Police Scotland and the clubs involved before reaching a definitive position, which we will announce as soon as possible to enable fans to make travel arrangements.”

Edited by graygo

Doncaster (Donkey) said: “After the draw, we spoke to Hampden Park Limited to ask whether they would release us from a contractual obligation to host all semi-finals involving the Old Firm at Hampden. They declined our request and we were unwilling to breach this contract and risk legal action. However, I’m pleased to report that we have been contacted by SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell who said Hampden Park Limited has now reconsidered that position and have agreed to waive that legal obligation.

“This is clearly extremely welcome news. We immediately contacted Police Scotland and informed them of this development and this has enabled us to open talks to explore whether the match could be staged at an alternative venue in the timescales available.

“Whilst we are taking nothing for granted and are unable to make a definitive announcement at this early stage, if agreement can be reached between all parties involved, this would allow us to change from the original kick-off times which Police Scotland specified to ensure the matches could be staged at Hampden on the same day. The good news is that fans would have more convenient travel arrangements.

“Whilst we received firm assurances from both Hampden Park Limited and Police Scotland that they were able to host both games on the same day, today’s very welcome call is a potential game-changer. Everyone recognises that it would be better if we can hold these matches in separate stadia.

“We will now discuss with a number of parties, including the SFA, Police Scotland and the clubs involved before reaching a definitive position, which we will announce as soon as possible to enable fans to make travel arrangements.”

Has to be Murrayfield, ?

12 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

A cup match on our doorstep , especially a significant one, should see us get between 20-25,000 of our own supporters.

If Murrayfield gets the green light it'll rekindle interest and the excitement that was there in many after winning last Wednesday.

Good crowd last week. I get the feeling the Hearts support are right up for League Cup this season.

I think that's a realistic expectation.

14 minutes ago, bawheed said:

And Roddy Fraser can't help having a dig at Ann and Craig in that article.  Making it sound as if Doncaster has played a blinder, when the mess was all of his making in the first place.

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Last paragraph - 

They also make the spectacular claim that they were the first to realise there would be an issue with Celtic and Rangers both playing on the Thursday...

Shocking journalism.

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Last paragraph - 

Ok its not in Glasgow so where?

2 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Has to be Murrayfield, ?

Doesn't have to be our game there though.

Looks like you're new to this thread mate, at least have a read at the last 2 or 3 pages to get up to speed with things, what you posted is not new info.

So is it safe to predict that the games will be:

Rangers V Aberdeen at Murrayfield 

Celtic V Hearts at Hampden

On another note have they announced the ticket prices yet?

Just now, jambovambo said:

Hopefully Police Scotland will put any suggestion of Rangers v Aberdeen at Murrayfield to bed pretty quickly. 

3 hours ago, gedster said:

Gotta be 2 per season ticket holder minimum as a starting point......

Well I have been a season ticket holder for 11 of the last 12 years, this season and 3 years ago I didn't buy a season ticket to spend time with my new born sons. I do still have quite a few loyalty points and I will be hoping that I can get a ticket for this game (wherever or whenever it is held) 

That Telegraph headline is typical of the "we don't care about the facts" of today's journalism.

Even if that is the outcome that sub-editor should be reamed with the wrong end of a ragman's trumpet!

PeterintheRain
3 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

:lol:

**** it. Just corral them in to a bin pen and then liquidate them. Feed them to livestock and let them repay their debts to society. 

This!  Very much this!   To the glue factory with the glue sniffers!