Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

1 hour ago, JALBO said:

It's amazing how important one tiny 's' can be! But I agree with what you intended.

I get it. Nice. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Just now, 132goals1958 said:

Kris Commons on sportsound now suggesting that Celtic as holders should be allocated Hampden. Unbelievable how he works that one out.

Just switched on talking about coin throwing incident,unbelievable ?‍♂️ talking about respect for players officials and how Gerrard always waits and shakes hands with all players and officials totally trying to absolve Rangers,this is now just a problem in society.

3 minutes ago, flux said:

Celtic hadn't even announced their ticket allocation so why would you book  a flight if you weren't assured of a ticket. Anyway  , welcome to the world of the non Glasgow football fan.  Booking bus and train tickets , aye ? Maybe they should support their local team in Ireland. 

Hearts v Celtic at Hampden = 3 sets of travelling fans

Hearts v Celtic at Murrayfield = 2 sets of travelling fans

So us first at Murrayfield, then Celtic travel back home during Rangers game at Hampden

Edited by kila

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It was never about the amount of tickets.

No chance Hearts or Celtic will sell 33k tickets each for a Wee Cup game.

Assuming this goes ahead, where will the great unwashed park their coaches (not that I'm bothered). 

Tennant's  6's
7 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Kris Commons on sportsound now suggesting that Celtic as holders should be allocated Hampden. Unbelievable how he works that one out.

He is an idiot. His agent deserves a metal, and a hefty wedge, for getting him jobs as a pundit... adds nothing at all. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Assuming this goes ahead, where will the great unwashed park their coaches (not that I'm bothered). 

Where did they park when they played their European games there. (bothered for window tanning reasons)

Not being entirely seriously obviously ?

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Where did they park when they played their European games there. (bothered for window tanning reasons)

Not being entirely seriously obviously ?

Bit tricky if they're parked between Tynie & Roseburn.  Not much space at Ravelston ?

pettigrewsstylist

Not ITK in any way..but.. is there a possibility (based on CL and Dons remarks) that the little ticketing parlez thats was reported to have taken place yesterday contributed to this impending u turn? I.e. we are wanting 50% and we dont care about empty seats...your problem SPFL. Tell Hampden Ltd to expect revenue accordingly.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

29 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Agreed. I can't think of any policing decision where the bigwigs say yes, the "union" says no and then the Asst Chief Con says , well maybe we should reconsider. 

If the Asst Chief Constable wants to avoid being car-bombed, he's better think about the horses!!!

Had to chuckle at Reporting glesga, Hearts and Aberdeen not happy with original kick off times.....no mention of safety fears or the potential for a giant pagger, just 2 east coast teams unhappy with the time.

13 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Celtic hadn't even announced their ticket allocation so why would you book  a flight if you weren't assured of a ticket. Anyway  , welcome to the world of the non Glasgow football fan.  Booking bus and train tickets , aye ? Maybe they should support their local team in Ireland. 

Quick lads! There’s a wee bit of ‘being hard done by’ going on! We MUST be part of it!

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Bit tricky if they're parked between Tynie & Roseburn.  Not much space at Ravelston ?

Plenty parking at Harthill and they can walk from there. **** them.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Quick lads! There’s a wee bit of ‘being hard done by’ going on! We MUST be part of it!

VicO'Tims.

If it does go on at Murrayfield I can see large segregation areas between South and West Stands and North and East Stands.

Celtic=West and North

Hearts= South and East

The SRU might decide they can't fit the game in at short notice.

So we'd end up with the games spread over two weekends at Hampden.

Just now, luckydug said:

If it does go on at Murrayfield I can see large segregation areas between South and West Stands and North and East Stands.

Celtic=West and North

Hearts= South and East

Surely the SRU put together some sort of plan during their bid to replace Hampden?

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Celtic=West and North

Hearts= South and East

But..but..but....shedddyoooolin n that naw?

29 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Fast becoming the biggest welt in Scottish football punditry. That takes some doing.

11 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Not ITK in any way..but.. is there a possibility (based on CL and Dons remarks) that the little ticketing parlez thats was reported to have taken place yesterday contributed to this impending u turn? I.e. we are wanting 50% and we dont care about empty seats...your problem SPFL. Tell Hampden Ltd to expect revenue accordingly.

I was just discussing this very point although I doubt it influenced the change of heart by Hampden Ltd. 

Personally, I think it's dreadful that Celtic are potentially being inconvenienced for this game.

They should be inconvenienced for every game!

Fxxx the SPFL

Somebody mentioned wayyyyyyý back in this thread about games being played/tv coverage when Champions league or Europa league games are on well Ipswich v Middlesbrough on Sky tonight and Champion league games on BT

mulleted_jambo
1 minute ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Somebody mentioned wayyyyyyý back in this thread about games being played/tv coverage when Champions league or Europa league games are on well Ipswich v Middlesbrough on Sky tonight and Champion league games on BT

That rule has been changed. You can now play and televise when champions league games are on. I think this season is the first one that you can. 

39 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Let season ticket holders in first to get a choice of seats. I know theres enough seats for all but some are a shite view.

I'm a season ticket holder and I'll be on the phone or net first thing to get mine . 

Just my opinion but I would get them on general sale asap . 

mulleted_jambo

No way we will sell 30,000. Should just put them straight on sale to anyone with loyalty points. That way folk can get tickets with their mates who don’t go as often. 

Assuming its murrayfield

7 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

5 minutes ago, mulleted_jambo said:

That rule has been changed. You can now play and televise when champions league games are on. I think this season is the first one that you can. 

Was it not just top league games that weren't allowed to be on tv anyway?

Shanks said no

From a purely selfish point of view I would like 2 tickets per season ticket. Could ensure the 4 of us sat together then.

Neverforgetfiveone

Well technically it Is  about tickets because you would hope that the kick off time will be changed so that more families can go

1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

Did Leanne Dempster seriously say they should consider doing the draw again.....

SO Neil is it Colgate or Oral B ?

upgotheheads
11 minutes ago, mulleted_jambo said:

No way we will sell 30,000. Should just put them straight on sale to anyone with loyalty points. That way folk can get tickets with their mates who don’t go as often. 

Assuming its murrayfield

On what basis do you say that?

iain ferguson
16 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

From a purely selfish point of view I would like 2 tickets per season ticket. Could ensure the 4 of us sat together then.

It would help sell tickets and encourage season ticket holders to bring along friends who may be don’t get along to Tynecastle often but the pricing needs to be sensible.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I wonder if there's any chance they'll move huns v Aberdeen to murrayfield and keep ours at Hampden

Doubt it. Another OG if they go that way logistically 

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

Neil Doncaster is now a proven incompetent, liar, or both.  I say both.  

He should resign immediately   

He's too full of it to do that.

NaturalOrder74
44 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Personally, I think it's dreadful that Celtic are potentially being inconvenienced for this game.

They should be inconvenienced for every game!

For me it just adds one more bit of satisfaction to go on and win the thing. 

‘Cheated’ to get out the group stage 

forced Celtic out their home town to cheat our way to the final

I don’t want to get my hopes up though, much more likely they’ll come up with another rediculous idea instead 

56 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Surely the SRU put together some sort of plan during their bid to replace Hampden?

Yeah, then they got shafted! 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

It was never about the amount of tickets.

No chance Hearts or Celtic will sell 33k tickets each for a Wee Cup game.

Not so sure about that. Celtic would easily sell 33k and if we're still flying at the top of the league I reckon we'd shift about 25k.

40 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

If you and 30 mates want to go you’ll be able to sit together at Murrayfield. We had 12k at the last semi against Celtic and that was the ‘big’ cup. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Not so sure about that. Celtic would easily sell 33k and if we're still flying at the top of the league I reckon we'd shift about 25k.

We're bound to be flying high at the top of the league as the tickets will be on sale very soon I would think.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If you and 30 mates want to go you’ll be able to sit together at Murrayfield. We had 12k at the last semi against Celtic and that was the ‘big’ cup. 

It was also a lunchtime KO on a Sunday in Glasgow. 

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

History is against that.

Our two most recent Big Cup semi finals against them only produced attendances of 38k and 36k with only around 12/13 thousand Jambos at each and poor Celtic turnouts as well.

I concede the "Murrayfield Factor" combined with the easier travel options for Hearts fans will help. 

I would expect a total attendance of around 40k which would be a vast improvement compared to a Sunday night in Glasgow. 

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, graygo said:

We're bound to be flying high at the top of the league as the tickets will be on sale very soon I would think.

I meant if we are still top on the weekend of the game, or the week leading up to it, we would shift a lot more tickets.

Unknown user

I've been thinking about this. It was the SFA who announced Hampden Ltd's decision, which means in reality Hampden Ltd aren't really a wholly owned subsidiary of the SFA, they're just a subdivision. (That would be legally too, they've just publicly demonstrated a lack of independent operation)

That confirms that it was the SFA that said no to the initial request, and therefore explains why Darryl Broadfoot, a partner in Frame PR who just happen to be paid by the SFA for public relations, has been on sportsound ridiculing the criticism and insisting there's no problem.

Basically, he's paid to say positive things about the SFA. I think the fact that his opinion has been bought and paid for should be mentioned when he's on the show, and that both the SFA and SPFL's role in this should be remembered.