• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

No shock. Firmly believe they were behind the original decision. 

20 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Doncaster (Donkey) said: “After the draw, we spoke to Hampden Park Limited to ask whether they would release us from a contractual obligation to host all semi-finals involving the Old Firm at Hampden. They declined our request and we were unwilling to breach this contract and risk legal action. However, I’m pleased to report that we have been contacted by SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell who said Hampden Park Limited has now reconsidered that position and have agreed to waive that legal obligation.

“This is clearly extremely welcome news. We immediately contacted Police Scotland and informed them of this development and this has enabled us to open talks to explore whether the match could be staged at an alternative venue in the timescales available.

“Whilst we are taking nothing for granted and are unable to make a definitive announcement at this early stage, if agreement can be reached between all parties involved, this would allow us to change from the original kick-off times which Police Scotland specified to ensure the matches could be staged at Hampden on the same day. The good news is that fans would have more convenient travel arrangements.

“Whilst we received firm assurances from both Hampden Park Limited and Police Scotland that they were able to host both games on the same day, today’s very welcome call is a potential game-changer. Everyone recognises that it would be better if we can hold these matches in separate stadia.

“We will now discuss with a number of parties, including the SFA, Police Scotland and the clubs involved before reaching a definitive position, which we will announce as soon as possible to enable fans to make travel arrangements.”

Has to be Murrayfield, ?

To summarise, in default font,

"It was everybody's fault except ours".

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Probably , idiocy though if you put Celtic v Hearts at Hampden you have 

Hearts fans going to Glasgow in numbers , Rangers and Aberdeen fans going to Edinburgh in numbers transport wise thats far worse than

Murrayfield you have Aberdeen fans going to Glasgow in numbers and Celtic fans going to Edinburgh in numbers but without actually hitting the city centre

Edited by sadj

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:spoton:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43016452

Lawwell was asked if he would want Scottish Professional Football League chief executive Neil Doncaster to replace Regan at the SFA.

"Neil is a very able guy," said Lawwell.

"Under pretty difficult circumstances over the years at the SPFL, he's done a very good job but I would prefer Neil Doncaster on that basis to remain at the SPFL and continue that work because there are challenges ahead."

B90EAE05-B357-4B31-A89E-5080A1746D29.jpeg

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ridiculous 

Isn't it just?

I take it they think we will have an advantage as the game will be in Edinburgh, ignoring the fact that they have had literally hundreds of semi finals and finals in Glasgow.

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, graygo said:

I wouldn't mind a wee wager that they get their way.

'Course they will.

12 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

Surely Celtic realise that this decision will be based on the police's guidance and not some kind of eeny meeny miny moe effort. That's just laughable.

18 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

These bellends really do think they run Scottish football, the irony of course is their fans support Ireland and the club would rather be playing in England!

Celtic were never going to tamely accept the amended arrangements.  Even if it deviates from the obvious solution.     Never in a million years.

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No question about it.

16 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

Well.....

This raises a whole new issue. Celtic are actually well within their rights to ask for this tbh. Just because the game is in Edinburgh and it suits us doesn’t mean it should happen.

If we’re demanding fairness and openness I suppose we’ll just need to take our chances in the draw for the stadium.....and pray luck is on our side.

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Well.....

This raises a whole new issue. Celtic are actually well within their rights to ask for this tbh. Just because the game is in Edinburgh and it suits us doesn’t mean it should happen.

If we’re demanding fairness and openness I suppose we’ll just need to take our chances in the draw for the stadium.....and pray luck is on our side.

:notsure:

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Well.....

Actually, any request would be laughable. The draw to decide the fixtures is done by random. As has been well established (not least in this case), SPFL scheduling and venue selection are by design. 

ToadKiller Dog
5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Well.....

Agree, I'm happy to play them at either stadium. 

As you say they are in their rights to ask for this doesn't mean they will get accepted , but it does hint a wee bit of them running scared. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

I would have sympathy if Celtic (and Rangers) had noted their sympathy with Hearts and Aberdeen but all we got was a gag about the state of the pitch.

If they do toss a coin to decide which game is played at Murrayfield it would be a nice touch to invite the Rangers fan from the Livi game to do the honours.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Probably , idiocy though if you put Celtic v Hearts at Hampden you have 

Hearts fans going to Glasgow in numbers , Rangers and Aberdeen fans going to Edinburgh in numbers transport wise thats far worse than

Murrayfield you have Aberdeen fans going to Glasgow in numbers and Celtic fans going to Edinburgh in numbers but without actually hitting the city centre

It really should be that simple 

Celtic doing this is annoyance that diddy teams who should have no influence might be seen to have some and be empowered to expect more.     Purely trying to protect their domination and entitled position.    

2 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Agree, I'm happy to play them at either stadium. 

As you say they are in their rights to ask for this doesn't mean they will get accepted , but it does hint a wee bit of them running scared. 

They are not within their rights at all. It’s for the SPFL to decide on a suitable neutral venue for games like this. 

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

If they do toss a coin to decide which game is played at Murrayfield it would be a nice touch to invite the Rangers fan from the Livi game to do the honours.

Ha ha

3 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Boom tish (ooops)

13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Well.....

What does that mean?....I really don't care where we play the semi and I certainly don't think Murrayfield give's us an advantage!! Our record there in the league was awful!!

Edited by GYL

This is where Celtic should be told to shut the **** up and let common sense and safety take control. 

Alas this is Scotland. 

Just now, Bauld said:

This is where Celtic should be told to shut the **** up and let common sense and safety take control. 

Alas this is Scotland. 

Correct.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Post of the decade possibly 

:rofl:

If Celtic get their way and get drawn to hampden.  Hearts,  rangers, Aberdeen all have to travel ..if murryfeild is other stadium.  They know what their doing.

He Who Cannot Be Named
7 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Nice.

8 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Actually, any request would be laughable. The draw to decide the fixtures is done by random. As has been well established (not least in this case), SPFL scheduling and venue selection are by design. 

5 minutes ago, Peebo said:

They are not within their rights at all. It’s for the SPFL to decide on a suitable neutral venue for games like this. 

Exactly. Celtic have no grounds to complain here, or indeed to “demand” anything. 

I can't believe this.  They've played every semi final and final in Glasgow for well over 140 years and now they want the venue decided by sticking two names on a hat.

Would it ever even vaguely occur to them that they and the bulk of their supporters have had a massive advantage over these years.

Disbelief city.

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

You know, I think the right thing is being done, our concerns are being reacted to, and I'd have no problem with a draw to decide which one is played where. 

Yeah it would make more sense for our game to be at murrayfield, but either is workable, and in the same way we'd prefer to be in Edinburgh, you can't blame the hooped demons for preferring to be in Glasgow.

Tell you what though, they're taking us seriously.

Geoff Kilpatrick
15 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Well.....

For once Drylaw, I agree with you. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Bit surprised Rod Stewart hasn't announced a concert at Murrayfield on Sunday 28th October. 

On form tonight 

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I can't believe this.  They've played every semi final and final in Glasgow for well over 140 years and now they want the venue decided by sticking two names on a hat.

Would it ever even vaguely occur to them that they and the bulk of their supporters have had a massive advantage over these years.

Disbelief city.

Just think how many Scottish sportswriters and pundits are falling over themselves to ignore this very point.

ToadKiller Dog

Of course it's within their rights to ask a question everybody has the right to ask questions and argue a position. 

Doesn't mean they are right or will get their way. 

The fact that Celtic are asking this also adds meat to the rumour that they (lawell) may well have been the brains behind Dungcasters super Sunday idea. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'll be looking for a draw for every semi and a reconsideration of the Hampden decision. 

**** off with the fair shite. For once the dice loaded in our favour and probably never again. 

Stick their draw up their arse and continue to be brave

If Hearts fans seriously accept that Celtic have any case to have a drawn venue then we really are utter saps.    

They have no case.     Zero.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You know, I think the right thing is being done, our concerns are being reacted to, and I'd have no problem with a draw to decide which one is played where. 

Yeah it would make more sense for our game to be at murrayfield, but either is workable, and in the same way we'd prefer to be in Edinburgh, you can't blame the hooped demons for preferring to be in Glasgow.

Disagree. There is no home advantage here. It’s all about the most logical and safe solution and we were drawn out the hat first.

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Either is indeed workable. There is one solution that is quite clearly the most sensible, in terms of logistics, safety and cost. The SPFL should make that decision.

Any request for a draw to decide is laughable. Absolutely ****ing laughable. 

I am struggling to believe that anyone on here on here is actually taking that seriously. 

Hearts Heritage
6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Disbelief city.

Semi finals were only played at neutral venues from 1912 onward. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Disagree. There is no home advantage here. It’s all about the most logical and safe solution and we were drawn out the hat first.

I didn't say anything about home advantage, I'm just thinking about tens of thousands of your fans having to travel to another city. We'd prefer not to, they'd prefer not to too - it's understandable. 

I don't believe it's ever about the most logical and safe solution, and if we're talking about the draw you could equally argue that with Hampden being the original venue and our game being drawn first, that it should be the second game that's being moved.

My concerns are alleviated if one of the games is at murrayfield. It would be a nice bonus if it was our game too but I'm not expecting it. 

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If Hearts fans seriously accept that Celtic have any case to have a drawn venue then we really are utter saps.    

They have no case.     Zero.

Ok......

What if Aberdeen ask for a ‘venue draw’ ?

I’m sure Murrayfield as a location suits them more than Hampden. 

42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

100%. No solidarity shown at all from Celtic or Rangers thus proving the point everyone is making that the game is run for them (and by them). 

I'm delighted they're pushing back. It gives someone like Tom English the chance to ask why it's OK for Edinburgh fans to travel to Glasgow but not for Celtic fans to travel to Edinburgh. As Peter Lawell is in a position of power in our game, his answer will tell us exactly whether or not he has the best interests of the game as a whole at heart or is always looking after No. 1.

Edited by Guest