Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

24 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Yeah I hate to rain on our parade - but there will be serious segregation/security issues regarding an SF at Murrayfield with 60,000 people present. Hampden may be a shite ground in every other regard, but it has one strong selling point: the customary and effective segregation between fans approaching and leaving from each end.

Surely that was all covered as part of Murrayfield's recent bid to become the national football stadium. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

gerryjambo41
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

:lol:

**** it. Just corral them in to a bin pen and then liquidate them. Feed them to livestock and let them repay their debts to society. 

???

A bit more radical than my idea ?

Even now, Doncaster is hiding behind 'the contract'. Neil, you have been found guilty of showing no concern for P U B L I C  S A F E T Y.  You never voiced any concern about it at all - concern that may have freed up the contract before now.

Just now, JALBO said:

Surely that was all covered as part of Murrayfield's recent bid to become the national football stadium. 

You'd think,  but if Murrayfield is refused it's gonna be interesting to see why and by whom. 

If that PLEP Doncaster isn't shitting his pants right now he has more brass neck than Mr Brass Neck winner 2017.

PENIS of a man!!

Seymour M Hersh
51 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

I agree, Doncaster is between a rock and a hard place. 

I hope it's Murrayfield, but ultimately Lawell has his arm up Doncasters hoop and he won't care an iota for Doncasters credibility.

Popcorn time at Chateau du Felix.  

You mean he should be hit by a rock in a hard place schurely!! :laugh:

i still cant believe they thought this was acceptable, did they think we would just all put up with it. this is the 2nd time they've had their erses booted by fans, time for big change, the clubs should now be standing up to this utter farce of an organisation splf/sfa one and the same, bin the lot and come up with some independent, professional outfit with the best interests of all scottish football as its remit. 

37 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I reckon the SRU are making the football beaks sweat now. The SFA totally used the SRU over the whole Hampden fiasco just a couple of weeks ago and I bet they're hacked off. Everyone knows the SRU can pull out a top-class event with several weeks notice.

Nailed it.

10 minutes ago, henry said:

If it is played at Murrayfield then Hearts need to allow season ticket holders to buy up to 3-4 tickets. Don’t make it difficult to buy tickets or we’ll end up with 10k Hearts fans there. 

Hopefully not. We had this farce at the 2006 final. 

Dalstonjambo
1 minute ago, reaths17 said:

i still cant believe they thought this was acceptable, did they think we would just all put up with it. this is the 2nd time they've had their erses booted by fans, time for big change, the clubs should now be standing up to this utter farce of an organisation splf/sfa one and the same, bin the lot and come up with some independent, professional outfit with the best interests of all scottish football as its remit. 

Agreed. 

This is also an absolutely terrible precedent where all credibility is lost. What is essentially being said here if enough of a stink is kicked up then a decision can and will be changed even if it’s declared final. You cannot have an organising body where that is a possibility. 

Brave Hearts

No such thing of Celtic being at a disadvantage by playing in Edinburgh and Murrayfield.

They played a couple of European games at Murrayfield a few years ago.

And if they think that it’s a disadvantage playing a semi or a final in the same city as your opponents then this is exactly what the rest of Scottish football has been doing for years in Glasgow and Hampden.

Also celtic have used Hampden as their home ground for a whole season previously.

Edited by Brave Hearts

Psychedelicropcircle
47 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

I'd have preferred a trip to Glasgow. Edinburgh doesn't seem right for a semi-final, unless Tynecastle or Easter Road.

Could just have it Spain save you the inconvenience!

Italian Lambretta
38 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Celtic will agree as long as they can bring their own lawnmower and Irish flag.

And their Terrorist drummer

been here before
14 minutes ago, henry said:

If it is played at Murrayfield then Hearts need to allow season ticket holders to buy up to 3-4 tickets. Don’t make it difficult to buy tickets or we’ll end up with 10k Hearts fans there. 

Very much so. A big thing has been made about children not being able to go under the present insane arrangements. Allowing ST holders or those with enough LPs to buy more than 1 ticket would seem glaringly obvious.

52 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

I'd have preferred a trip to Glasgow. Edinburgh doesn't seem right for a semi-final, unless Tynecastle or Easter Road.

Knowing the way this has been playing out, the next Super Sunday plan will be Rangers v Aberdeen at Windsor Park, and Hearts v Celtic at the Aviva. No need for Murrayfield!

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Maxwell is looking every bit as incompetent as Doncaster here. Police Scotland not doing themselves any favours either.

One of the most surprising aspects - but then there are many. Maybe they didn't like being hung out to dry on any possible disorder. 

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Very much so. A big thing has been made about children not being able to go under the present insane arrangements. Allowing ST holders or those with enough LPs to buy more than 1 ticket would seem glaringly obvious.

Hearts need to get the ticketing right or we’re going to look silly. We never sold out Easter Rd for semi final of league cup in 2014. 11k Hearts fans at that game. I want to see 30k Hearts fans at this game but that’s 3x what we done for Inverness. The ticket distribution is key to getting Hearts fans there in large numbers. 

Wish it could be decided one way or another so that we can get on with the traditional "loyalty points are so unfair" debates.   :(

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

i've been to 6 games this season, not a great deal of loyalty points in that but i should chance missing out on a ticket so season ticket holders can take all their family and friends who havn't been to a match, I THINK NOT.

2 minutes ago, henry said:

Hearts need to get the ticketing right or we’re going to look silly. We never sold out Easter Rd for semi final of league cup in 2014. 11k Hearts fans at that game. I want to see 30k Hearts fans at this game but that’s 3x what we done for Inverness. The ticket distribution is key to getting Hearts fans there in large numbers. 

11000 looked fairly full in a 22000 allocation. 

Just now, andydog said:

11000 looked fairly full in a 22000 allocation. 

My bad just realised what was going on there. Cocked that up

Seymour M Hersh

Wouldn't it be funny if, after the Hampden stitch up with the arse cheek millionaires bailing the SFA out, the SRU told Doncaster to bolt with his Volte-Face!! 

4 minutes ago, splashdubh said:

Wish it could be decided one way or another so that we can get on with the traditional "loyalty points are so unfair" debates.   :(

Just heard no decision will be made while people are posting in comic sans?

KIeran Tierney on STV Sport asked about the travel for fans for the semi final. That boy would struggle to write his name far less construct a sentence in the Queen's English. A slavering selection of mumbles and incoherent rambling

been here before
7 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

i've been to 6 games this season, not a great deal of loyalty points in that but i should chance missing out on a ticket so season ticket holders can take all their family and friends who havn't been to a match, I THINK NOT.

I dont think anyone is suggesting you should.

Good use of caps though to imply an indignant rage.

Hopefully this is the start of non old firm fans standing up and being counted.Its  As good a time as any to change Scottish football for the better. The Glasgow bias needs to stop

10 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

Gotta be 2 per season ticket holder minimum as a starting point......

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Neil Doncaster is now a proven incompetent, liar, or both.  I say both.  

He should resign immediately   

Nothing sticks to that bogbrush wank.

Even his pubic head is Teflon.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Early kick off is even less time for them to prepare 

Add to that the arduous journey from Glasgow when they'll still be jetlagged from their European trip earlier in the week... :biglaugh:

1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

Watch this. Everyone is assuming that getting out of the contract means they’re looking at playing one game at Murrayfield, only for them to announce it’s at the Aviva in Dublin or somewhere else ridiculous. Would be classic Doncaster. 

"another venue" would include Ibrox. Give Doncaster a chance to plenish the SGR coffers.

1 hour ago, Felix Lighter said:

Provided all parties can agree?

So if celtic don't agree it's a non starter?

Being totally cynical here but Murrayfield talk is a red herring imo, leaked to the press this afternoon by Lawell to make it appear it was on the table, where as privately he'll be saying  "...no feckin' chance".

Still expecting both games at Hampden with date change. 

SPFL statement said 'venue change'. But, then, they also said that the double header was a final plan. Arseholes.

Doncaster's words:

“This is clearly extremely welcome news. We immediately contacted Police Scotland and informed them of this development and this has enabled us to open talks to explore whether the match could be staged at an alternative venue in the timescales available.

Just doesn't ring true.

From it being a settled and done deal - the best it could be - it's now extremely welcome news.

"We immediately contacted Polis" - I'll bet they were on hold on the phone having called Doncaster to tell him to get his head out the sand and change the matches or they'd have no coppers or horses. "Immediately" was after asking Plod to hold for a couple of minutes while he shuffled paper on his desk before saying, "OK then."

The man makes my blood boil.

The only reservation I'd have as the SRU is the issue of segregation. I'm sure they'll sort it out; it's been done before albeit with a bit more notice. East Stand would be the best to fill with Jambos.

14 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

One of the most surprising aspects - but then there are many. Maybe they didn't like being hung out to dry on any possible disorder. 

More a case of police "management" being completely detached from the rank and file, so, nothing new there.

37 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

:what: 

SO they can watch us celebrate? 

Imagine the rage if they were locked in the stadium after getting beat and we're celebrating:gok:

42 minutes ago, henry said:

We have 13000 season ticket holders.

13000 x 3 = 39000

13000 x 4 = 52000

Not sure Celtic would agree ........

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

More a case of police "management" being completely detached from the rank and file, so, nothing new there.

Agreed. I can't think of any policing decision where the bigwigs say yes, the "union" says no and then the Asst Chief Con says , well maybe we should reconsider. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, JamboJen said:

Doncaster trying to pin it all on Hampden. Wonder if he even thinks his job might be under threat. 

His job MUST be under threat. This could be the final straw. he hasn't only created the biggest ****** up ever. He has been caught out lying. 

Best turn of events since the death of oldco

If this gets changed to Murrayfield then it’s a victory for all Scottish 

football supporters except the old firm ones

i get the impression Celtic and rangers where happy with the original 

schedule

Hopefully Hearts will just open up sales to anybody on the data base for as many tickets as you want from the get go. 

Absolutely no need for loyalty points for this game . 

Straight to public sale imo . 

goldiebackwash1985
3 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

EXCLUSIVE: SPFL consider moving Hearts vs Celtic Betfred Cup semi final to Murrayfield https://bit.ly/2Qm95Sn 

Holders Celtic's Betfred Cup semi final clash with Hearts could be moved from Hampden to Murrayfield under new plans set to be discussed by the SPFL.

The original proposal to host both that tie and the Aberdeen vs Rangers semi final at Hampden on the same day has come in for heavy criticism.

The new plan would see Aberdeen v Rangers remain at Hampden and possibly put back to a mid-afternoon kick off from it's current noon start while Celtic would play Hearts at Murrayfield with a potential lunch time kick off.

All this will be discussed when SPFL chiefs meet with Police Scotland counterparts for fresh talks.

It comes after police chiefs called for a fresh meeting to rethink the date and venue for the two ties.

Currently Aberdeen and Rangers are due to kick off at noon at the National Stadium on Sunday, October 28, with Hearts and Celtic taking to the same venue at 7.30pm on the same date.

It's understood the preferred plan is now to split the two semis across two venues

The ties had been scheduled for October 27 and 28 but Rangers and Celtic's involvement in Europa League action on the Thursday beforehand meant organisers moved both games to the Sunday.

Some had suggested the ties could be played on the same day but at separate stadia - with Murrayfield highlighted as a potential host.

The SPFL met with all four clubs and said they have a contractual obligation to stage the ties at the National Stadium with operators Hampden Park Limited - unless the police intervened.

Aberdeen have hit out at the timing of the first semi - pointing out that the first train into Glasgow that day arrives at 12.14pm.

Hearts are also angry - with chief Ann Budge describing the plans as a "disaster waiting to happen".

Last night the Scottish Police Federation's general secretary Calum Steele described the scheduling as "idiotic".

Think Hearts v Celtic game should kick off 13:30pm and Rangers v Aberdeen kick off 16:00pm

Get the Celtic back along the road and by the time they get there Rangers fans will be safe in the stadium so no clashing with the despondent Celtic fans after they are pumped

HHGH

Ministry of Football

If common sense does prevail and we end up at Murrayfield, you must know the SPFL will still screw it up by overcharging for the tickets. 

Get the prices right, it will sell out. Do what they normally do and and try to make money out of it or charge extra as it is not at Hampden and they will ruin it again. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

We have 13000 season ticket holders.

13000 x 3 = 39000

13000 x 4 = 52000

Not sure Celtic would agree ........

I wouldn't take 4.

Just saying 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Hopefully Hearts will just open up sales to anybody on the data base for as many tickets as you want from the get go. 

1 week for me to get my pick of the seats

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Let season ticket holders in first to get a choice of seats. I know theres enough seats for all but some are a shite view.

132goals1958

Kris Commons on sportsound now suggesting that Celtic as holders should be allocated Hampden. Unbelievable how he works that one out.

25 minutes ago, gedster said:

KIeran Tierney on STV Sport asked about the travel for fans for the semi final. That boy would struggle to write his name far less construct a sentence in the Queen's English. A slavering selection of mumbles and incoherent rambling

Along with the opening line of "Celtics semi final could be moved against Hearts..."  why is it Celtics semi final?

1 hour ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

furthermore - if it does go through - we better sell our tickets........

It was never about the amount of tickets.

No chance Hearts or Celtic will sell 33k tickets each for a Wee Cup game.