Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

2 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Everyone to blame except us? 

No, more the mentality of wanting something to happen where people are hurt and injured. Can't understand that.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

16 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Struggling to see what ‘home’ advantage we would have in terms of the playing side.

Souttar and Smith are the only two players that spring to mind that played the games there last season (possibly Djoum if he wasn’t injured and a couple of youngsters?). They probably have as many players left in their current squad that played in their European game there.

Hopefully we can sell enough tickets to justify getting half the ground. Only having half the West stand (running track) and behind goal with them getting the full East (smaller) stand round to the other half of West would be close to a home game for them. 25,000+ ideally.

I’ve been thinking about this. 

They will definitely give them North and us the south. 

How they split the rest is anyone’s guess. A major issue is that the turnstiles for the South, East and West are all on Roseburn St. Having 30,000 Celtic fans entering through the north turnstiles probably won’t work. 

A temporary barrier on Roseburn St is probably a good way to do it. Allowing Celtic fans to come from Haymarket via Roseburn. 

I’d be in a favour of giving them the West and North and we take the East and South.  They would have a slight advantage on number of tickets but are further away from the pitch and broken up by hospitality and the blazers. Plus TV cameras would see a sea of maroon for majority of the game. 

Edited by Toggie88

Jambo, Goodbye
3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Its amazing that the SPFL can now seem to get out of the contract?

Doncaster stated that they had exhausted all solutions and the ONLY one was to play both on the same day,and suddenly it seems not (although will wait and see).

If  it does happen, it shows Doncaster to be a total liar,and show no consideration for anyone except the Old Firm. He just supposed that we would all except the ruling, mumble a bit and move on, but it seems he misjudged.

No matter what happens, he must resign as he is a total puppet of the Old firm, and his position is now untenable.

:spoton:

Back to 2005
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Doncaster stated that they had exhausted all solutions and the ONLY one was to play both on the same day,and suddenly it seems not (although will wait and see).

If  it does happen, it shows Doncaster to be a total liar,and show no consideration for anyone except the Old Firm. He just supposed that we would all except the ruling, mumble a bit and move on, but it seems he misjudged.

No matter what happens, he must resign as he is a total puppet of the Old firm, and his position is now untenable.

What sort of contract is set up for only 2 clubs in any case. It's a total scandal.

A_A wehatethehibs

Doncaster surely has to resign after this complete fiasco?

He said all parties have been consulted and are happy ?

Watch this. Everyone is assuming that getting out of the contract means they’re looking at playing one game at Murrayfield, only for them to announce it’s at the Aviva in Dublin or somewhere else ridiculous. Would be classic Doncaster. 

Edited by Toggie88

Felix Lighter
10 minutes ago, Mort said:

Barry Anderson @BarryAnderson_ 1m1 minute ago

The SPFL are (finally) able to get out of the contract stating both Betfred Cup semi-finals must take place at Hampden. Provided all parties can agree, Hearts v Celtic is in line to move to Murrayfield. Date and kick-off time TBC.

Provided all parties can agree?

So if celtic don't agree it's a non starter?

Being totally cynical here but Murrayfield talk is a red herring imo, leaked to the press this afternoon by Lawell to make it appear it was on the table, where as privately he'll be saying  "...no feckin' chance".

Still expecting both games at Hampden with date change. 

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

What sort of contract is set up for only 2 clubs in any case. It's a total scandal.

Exactly, and it was set up by the Scottish League years ago, so would refer to Rangers not the new club.

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

It was actually 7 clubs. Try and guess them all.

7 minutes ago, merrymac said:

I fully concour donkeys has no option other than to reign immediately 

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I think the SFA would rather drink poison than have the game in Edinburgh, so I suspect this won’t happen. It should though.

Well the SFA (through their control of Hampden Ltd) have already played their part in paving the way, by agreeing to waive the contract stipulations (albeit now under police pressure).

Rangers and especially Aberdeen will be happy with the suggested change - as will Hearts, obviously. The police and transport authorities will prefer it, as will the politicians. The only party who MIGHT have objections is Celtic. It would be on pretty flimsy grounds though, so we'll see. 

13 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

Cover-up of a statement. Reads like it was a completely unexpected call out of the blue from Maxwell.

One thing we've learned from this though, and that is that ordinary fans from non-OF teams can force change. The efforts of Hearts and Aberdeen fans in the face of intransigence by the SPFL and poo-pooing by OF old boys has been commendable. 

18 minutes ago, Mort said:

Sounds very much like one of the Semi's will now be at Murrayfield.

Lot of seethe from Celtic fans already.

Gives us the best possible chance to win the match if we can now sell out half of one ground.

Great news if it goes ahead.

Sellick will sell more tickets for this at Murrayfield than they would have done at Hampden - it’s the novelty factor, as with when Aberdeen a St Johnstone played us there last season

35 minutes ago, Van Wilder said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45723291

Celtic-Hearts could shift to Murrayfield as Scottish League Cup faces shake-up

This month's Scottish League Cup semi-final arrangements could be changed - with one heading to Edinburgh - amid criticism of the original plans.

The Scottish Professional Football league is considering moving Hearts' meeting with Celtic to Murrayfield on Sunday afternoon, 28 October.

Rangers and Aberdeen would still meet at Hampden - but in late afternoon.

Police Scotland had earlier asked for further talks about the plan to hold both at Hampden that day.

Aberdeen are scheduled to meet Rangers at noon, with Celtic playing Hearts at 19.45 BST.

Scottish Police Federation's general secretary had called the timings "idiotic" and that was followed by Assistant Chief Constable Bernie Higgins calling for a rethink on transport plans and negotiations on other concerns surrounding the ties.

"We're aware of issues and concerns that have been raised over the last few days about the date and venue of the League Cup semi-finals," Higgins said.

"As a responsible organisation and taking into account these public concerns, I think it sensible to discuss the issues raised with the SPFL and other stakeholders and I have asked the SPFL to look again at the transport plan so we can make a full public safety assessment."

The ties were originally planed for October 27 and 28, but the Saturday was ruled out since Rangers and Celtic are in Europa League action on the Thursday.

Following a meeting with all four clubs, the SPFL announced that hosting both matches on Sunday was the only solution, due to lack of flexibility with fixtures and a contractual obligation to use the national stadium in Glasgow.

Aberdeen and Hearts condemned the decision, citing the problems fans would have travelling.

Hearts owner Ann Budge expressed safety concerns, saying the plan was "almost a disaster waiting to happen".

And Scottish Police Federation general secretary Calum Steele told BBC Scotland that "the police service is going to be run ragged".

'Public order paramount'

The issue was raised at Holyrood, with MSPs saying the plans had been "botched" and displayed a "disregard" for fans and a "lack of consideration for families".

Sports minister Joe Fitzpatrick told MSPs that there was "anger" among fans, saying he hoped that the SPFL would "listen" and "reach the appropriate outcome".

He said: "Discussions are continuing and I understand that Police Scotland has asked the SPFL to review its plans and has sought assurance around public safety. I know that will be welcomed by many fans.

"Police Scotland will review further information and discuss any issues further with the SPFL. It's vital that public order and safety remain paramount in any decision going forward. I would also ask the SPFL to make sure they are considering the fans and the interests of Scottish football in any decision."

Looking more positive now but why is the game 'Celtic-Hearts' exactly?  Who was 1st out the draw? ?

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Celtic, Old Rangers, Hearts, Vermin, Aberdeen, DU, Queens Park

3 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Watch this. Everyone is assuming that getting out of the contract means they’re looking at playing one game at Murrayfield, only for them to announce it’s at the Aviva in Dublin or somewhere else ridiculous. Would be classic Doncaster. 

Probably move it to Ibrox! Which was actually what I thought they'd do in the first place, but have us v Celtic as Hampden and Aberdeen v Rangers at Parkhead.

Just now, tntjambo said:

I fully concour donkeys has no option other than to reign immediately 

It's amazing how important one tiny 's' can be! But I agree with what you intended.

5 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Being totally cynical here but Murrayfield talk is a red herring imo, leaked to the press this afternoon by Lawell to make it appear it was on the table, where as privately he'll be saying  "...no feckin' chance".

Not if Browny ??? has anything to say .......

3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Change DU and QP to Killie and Ayr.

Edited by graygo

1 minute ago, JamboJen said:

Probably move it to Ibrox! Which was actually what I thought they'd do in the first place, but have us v Celtic as Hampden and Aberdeen v Rangers at Parkhead.

Police wont allow Celtic/Rangers in Glasgow on same day - you could'nt make it up

3 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Hmmmm, Doncaster playing a very dangerous game if that’s the case. He can’t backtrack from both “we can’t get out of the contract” and “fixture change is impossible”. 

Having Hampden Plc (the SFA) reconsider, allows him to save a little face. All credibility would be gone if fixture change is now the solution. 

allystrachan

If this tie gets moved to murrayfield it shows how much crap Doncaster spouts. 

It it will also be up to the hearts fans to sell out our allocation to prove that moving the game was the right decision.

What’s the chances of our game being at Ibrox and the other one at Celtic Park. One on Saturday and the other on Sunday?

We've heard all the heart-tugging stories about not being able to take your kids to an evening game in Glasgow. But what about those of us who prefer getting drunk in a London pub of an evening? Selfish. ?

Ok, its now looking very likely that there will NOT be 2 games at Hampden on Sunday 28th October - great news!!!

However what Hearts absolutely now should be wanting is that the game is at Murrayfield on Sunday 28th October NOT at Hampden the following weekend. This would be the absolute best case scenario for us - we will sell every ticket we get and have a huge Hearts support + from a football perspective we will retain a significant advantage given Celtic have a big Europa League game in Germany on the Thursday prior to it. 

This really would be tremendous news all around for us.

Bazzas right boot

Good. 

Make the(most) soap dodging, pro ira singing, Irish fan dangs make the trip to the capital. 

Win at Ibrox then our home games and let them sit on the coach shitting themselves as we stroll across the road to maintain our unbeaten start. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

If Hearts end up playing there wait for the inevitable "but it'll give Hertz an advantage as itz in Embra and they've already played there" with absolutely no acknowledgement of the fact that the OF have that advantage every time they play at Hampden and Celtic have played CL games there.

Edited by Jambos_1874

1 minute ago, Barack said:

He's on the SFA board. A man who voted in Ian Maxwell, who's all of a sudden decided to be magnanimous about contracts? Do me a favour. Pair of them are in up to their necks. 

Corrupt as ****.

I don’t disagree with any of that tbh.

Back to 2005
10 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Why does the SPFL statement only mention the old firm then when it refers to it? 

2 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

‘Foolish’ - not really necessary was it?

Forgive me for being foolish but the authorities confirmed the kick off times. So no there wasn’t a chance of things being changed in normal circumstances as confirmed has a pretty cast iron meaning. 

I accept as a season ticket holder that lives far away i will have more expensive travel costs for games confirmed at short notice for tv etc. 

But I don’t see how booking travel for a confirmed fixture is foolish? Tough **** re compensation? sure. Foolish? Not having that

The SPFL announced it but I don’t think Hearts actually confirmed it!

1 minute ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

I’m no going if it’s at a rugby ground 

:muggy:

? Nostradamus has spoken for us all. 

3 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Ok, its now looking very likely that there will NOT be 2 games at Hampden on Sunday 28th October - great news!!!

However what Hearts absolutely now should be wanting is that the game is at Murrayfield on Sunday 28th October NOT at Hampden the following weekend. This would be the absolute best case scenario for us - we will sell every ticket we get and have a huge Hearts support + from a football perspective we will retain a significant advantage given Celtic have a big Europa League game in Germany on the Thursday prior to it. 

This really would be tremendous news all around for us.

The SPFL statement does talk about a change of venue rather than a change of date so here's hoping.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-exploring-betfred-semi-final-switch

10 minutes ago, merrymac said:

correct, except the last 2 - Kilie and Ayr. The 'contract' goes back to the early 90's.

The Future's Maroon
32 minutes ago, Mort said:

Barry Anderson @BarryAnderson_ 1m1 minute ago

The SPFL are (finally) able to get out of the contract stating both Betfred Cup semi-finals must take place at Hampden. Provided all parties can agree, Hearts v Celtic is in line to move to Murrayfield. Date and kick-off time TBC.

So much for the set in stone comment from him not to long ago. FUD.

Looking more like Murrayfield now, Celtic fans won’t be fussed will they? ☺️

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Why does the SPFL statement only mention the old firm then when it refers to it? 

I understood it was Old Firm and any games likely to attract 20k plus crowds - but it may have specified other clubs?

Berra than you
15 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Ayr (bizarrely). Those were mentioned on sportsound last night 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

If only there was a 69 page thread about this.

I think the news they are considering changing the time & venue deserves a thread of its own. 

Dalstonjambo
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The SPFL announced it but I don’t think Hearts actually confirmed it!

Hearts don’t run the competition