Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

Dalstonjambo
6 minutes ago, Captain America said:

Last game of 2014/2015 Championship season, they moved our game against Rangers to a different day IIRC then had to move it back due to outcry.

Was that not because rangers and hibs playing at different times had connotations for playoff positions not due to fan/security issues?

that’s pretty different 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Absolutely NO chance Celtic will play Hearts in Edinburgh!

I dunno, they can't exactly claim playing in Edinburgh gives Hearts an unfair advantage but playing in Glasgow is neutral.

jimmy the jambo
8 minutes ago, Bainy said:

would imagine we would sell out a hefty number of tickets for this. 

If it’s priced right,Nothing to stop 20,000/25,000 Jambo’s turning up? 

Hopefully the team will get the support it needs ,A few good results in the league over the next couple of weeks will certainly help.

Edited by jimmy the jambo

Sexton Hardcastle

Celtic and their greetin fans would go bat shit if we played at murrayfield with this ‘home field’ advantage.

3 minutes ago, jimmy the jambo said:

If it’s priced right,Nothing to stop 20,000/25,000 Jambo’s turning up? 

Hopefully the team will get the support it needs ,A few good results in the league over the next couple of weeks will certainly help.

30000 hopefully

Midloth_Iain
Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Celtic and their greetin fans would go bat shit if we played at murrayfield with this ‘home field’ advantage.

some of the replies to the Keith Jackson tweet have already confirmed this

" its no fair " ?

forgetting they have played every domestic Cup Semi Final in Glasgow  for the last 120 years 

Did Brendan not come out with something along the lines of the Sunday evening game being no problem and they would just get on with it? If so it will be interesting to hear if he has the same no problem attitude if it gets changed! I would be pleasantly surprised if this does get changed to Murrayfield. Certainly gives us more of an advantage and also gives me the perfect excuse for not doing the Jedburgh half marathon that morning!

By the light
25 minutes ago, magicTs said:

I should have added that should this be changed Doncaster's position would be completely untenable given the huge waste of time, resources (therefore money) that everyone has encountered. The man and his cohorts are totally unfit for purpose and there is no way he should survive such a shambles. 

Don’t bank on it. The guy’s neck is made of solid brass.

1 minute ago, thegreatsd said:

Did Brendan not come out with something along the lines of the Sunday evening game being no problem and they would just get on with it? If so it will be interesting to hear if he has the same no problem attitude if it gets changed! I would be pleasantly surprised if this does get changed to Murrayfield. Certainly gives us more of an advantage and also gives me the perfect excuse for not doing the Jedburgh half marathon that morning!

Early kick off is even less time for them to prepare 

Would love to see this at murrayfield but I think the sfa will find a way to have both games at hampden 

While this is not a home game for us it does, sort of, reflect how the draw happened. I think the teams came out of the hat, Hearts, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen. So if we play at Murrayfield it's a little bit more like the order of the draw. Just a completely useless observation. ?

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

What is it with you and Hibernian related content these days?

Beginning to worry about you Mikey.

Just now, smartin1987 said:

Would love to see this at murrayfield but I think the sfa will find a way to have both games at hampden 

Would guess it’s far more likely they pull the Celtic Hearts game on November 3rd and have the semifinal that weekend than having it on the 28th in Edinburgh. 

56 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I completely get that. I took issue as i was called foolish. My admittedly long shot question around compensation was the fact the fixtures were officially confirmed, hence this is an exceptional circumstance. 

Re cost, it’s still in the hundreds, as are all short notice games. 

As i said before i have no problem with short notice confirmation and i’m in the minority living so far away and attending so many games, but the point i’m taking issue with from another poster is calling me foolish for booking to attend a game that was announced as confirmed, outcry or not. 

I hear you mate, hopefully if it is changed(which I think will happen) you do get compensated for your outlay.

1 hour ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I think both Hearts and Aberdeen should take 25,000 tickets each and then refuse to sell them rather than take no tickets at all. If we take no tickets both the OF will end up with 50K fans in the ground. One end full and the other end empty at both games with live TV coverage would be the ultimate embarrassment for Doncaster.

Fwiw I think we will take 25K tickets and sell 10K max, same with the sheep.

It's the wee cup I can't see The Rangers and Celtic selling that many tickets.

The Rangers fans will be more enthusiastic because it's a chance to win their first trophy Celtic fans will be quite apathetic I believe.

Reference the 2012 SC semi for Celtic likely attendance.

Dalstonjambo
4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I hear you mate, hopefully if it is changed(which I think will happen) you do get compensated for your outlay.

Tbh i’d rather Just find out where the game is being played first so i can make sure i’m there and worry about the other stuff later! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45723291

Celtic-Hearts could shift to Murrayfield as Scottish League Cup faces shake-up

This month's Scottish League Cup semi-final arrangements could be changed - with one heading to Edinburgh - amid criticism of the original plans.

The Scottish Professional Football league is considering moving Hearts' meeting with Celtic to Murrayfield on Sunday afternoon, 28 October.

Rangers and Aberdeen would still meet at Hampden - but in late afternoon.

Police Scotland had earlier asked for further talks about the plan to hold both at Hampden that day.

Aberdeen are scheduled to meet Rangers at noon, with Celtic playing Hearts at 19.45 BST.

Scottish Police Federation's general secretary had called the timings "idiotic" and that was followed by Assistant Chief Constable Bernie Higgins calling for a rethink on transport plans and negotiations on other concerns surrounding the ties.

"We're aware of issues and concerns that have been raised over the last few days about the date and venue of the League Cup semi-finals," Higgins said.

"As a responsible organisation and taking into account these public concerns, I think it sensible to discuss the issues raised with the SPFL and other stakeholders and I have asked the SPFL to look again at the transport plan so we can make a full public safety assessment."

The ties were originally planed for October 27 and 28, but the Saturday was ruled out since Rangers and Celtic are in Europa League action on the Thursday.

Following a meeting with all four clubs, the SPFL announced that hosting both matches on Sunday was the only solution, due to lack of flexibility with fixtures and a contractual obligation to use the national stadium in Glasgow.

Aberdeen and Hearts condemned the decision, citing the problems fans would have travelling.

Hearts owner Ann Budge expressed safety concerns, saying the plan was "almost a disaster waiting to happen".

And Scottish Police Federation general secretary Calum Steele told BBC Scotland that "the police service is going to be run ragged".

'Public order paramount'

The issue was raised at Holyrood, with MSPs saying the plans had been "botched" and displayed a "disregard" for fans and a "lack of consideration for families".

Sports minister Joe Fitzpatrick told MSPs that there was "anger" among fans, saying he hoped that the SPFL would "listen" and "reach the appropriate outcome".

He said: "Discussions are continuing and I understand that Police Scotland has asked the SPFL to review its plans and has sought assurance around public safety. I know that will be welcomed by many fans.

"Police Scotland will review further information and discuss any issues further with the SPFL. It's vital that public order and safety remain paramount in any decision going forward. I would also ask the SPFL to make sure they are considering the fans and the interests of Scottish football in any decision."

19 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

some of the replies to the Keith Jackson tweet have already confirmed this

" its no fair " ?

forgetting they have played every domestic Cup Semi Final in Glasgow  for the last 120 years 

Don't forget that Celtic moved to Hampden for an entire season while Parkhead was being redeveloped.

1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Not that i’m normally a hysterical letter writer, but we have

- train London to Glasgow (Sunday lunchtime)

- hotel in Glasgow (Sunday night)

- flight Glasgow to London (Monday morning)

all booked. If these are non refundable anyone know where I stand on discussing compensation with the SPFL as the kick off time was confirmed?

I’m guessing I’ve got no chance but if it’s moved is worth a shot. 

Can you not get to Stansted early on the Sunday if the game is shifted to Murrayfield at noon? 

Flights for under £20 one way then train through to Glasgow after the game, wee night out in the weege and your original hotel and return flight.

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

:lol:

And I know it's not the first or last time a journalist will have contradicted himself in one sentence.

Now I do agree with that !! 

25 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

The ones at my work (in Glasgow) are quite happy for it to be played at Murrayfield. A couple even thought playing it on Saturday night would be better than the current plan.

Really can't see this being moved to Edinburgh. Far more likely to stay in Glasgow but a different weekend.

Contracts & all that. 

1 minute ago, Pennywise said:

Really can't see this being moved to Edinburgh. Far more likely to stay in Glasgow but a different weekend.

Contracts & all that. 

Sounds very much like one of the Semi's will now be at Murrayfield.

Lot of seethe from Celtic fans already.

Gives us the best possible chance to win the match if we can now sell out half of one ground.

Great news if it goes ahead.

There is absolutley no chance that our game will be played at Murrayfield. The embarrasment that would cause Doncaster and the SPFL would be too much for them to bear.

Can you imagine the uproar from Celtic fans trying to claim that this would be home advantage for us. They all have short memories considering they used Hampden while their own stadium was being redeveloped.

Barry Anderson @BarryAnderson_ 1m1 minute ago

The SPFL are (finally) able to get out of the contract stating both Betfred Cup semi-finals must take place at Hampden. Provided all parties can agree, Hearts v Celtic is in line to move to Murrayfield. Date and kick-off time TBC.

Just now, Lambo85 said:

There is absolutley no chance that our game will be played at Murrayfield. The embarrasment that would cause Doncaster and the SPFL would be too much for them to bear.

Can you imagine the uproar from Celtic fans trying to claim that this would be home advantage for us. They all have short memories considering they used Hampden while their own stadium was being redeveloped.

Looks like it is happening chief.

Just now, Mort said:

Sounds very much like one of the Semi's will now be at Murrayfield.

Lot of seethe from Celtic fans already.

Gives us the best possible chance to win the match if we can now sell out half of one ground.

Great news if it goes ahead.

I panicked and booked a travel lodge for the Sunday night as well ?

Hope it's Murrayfield, makes sense. Could try get my old seat back ??

I think the SFA would rather drink poison than have the game in Edinburgh, so I suspect this won’t happen. It should though.

Dalstonjambo
8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Can you not get to Stansted early on the Sunday if the game is shifted to Murrayfield at noon? 

Flights for under £20 one way then train through to Glasgow after the game, wee night out in the weege and your original hotel and return flight.

Appreciate it mate. I will work it out. Also fortunate enough to have some airmiles so BA reward flight up to Edinburgh from Heathrow is another option. 

Doesn’t change my original point though, i booked it because the competition organisers confirmed the kick off time and location. ***** Shambles.

Gorgie_Rules

Struggling to see what ‘home’ advantage we would have in terms of the playing side.

Souttar and Smith are the only two players that spring to mind that played the games there last season (possibly Djoum if he wasn’t injured and a couple of youngsters?). They probably have as many players left in their current squad that played in their European game there.

Hopefully we can sell enough tickets to justify getting half the ground. Only having half the West stand (running track) and behind goal with them getting the full East (smaller) stand round to the other half of West would be close to a home game for them. 25,000+ ideally.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

The ones at my work (in Glasgow) are quite happy for it to be played at Murrayfield. A couple even thought playing it on Saturday night would be better than the current plan.

Are you their carer?

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Struggling to see what ‘home’ advantage we would have in terms of the playing side.

Souttar and Smith are the only two players that spring to mind that played the games there last season (possibly Djoum if he wasn’t injured and a couple of youngsters?). They probably have as many players left in their current squad that played in their European game there.

Hopefully we can sell enough tickets to justify getting half the ground. Only having half the West stand (running track) and behind goal with them getting the full East (smaller) stand round to the other half of West would be close to a home game for them. 25,000+ ideally.

It's "unfair" because it's in Edinburgh, so more Hearts fans will be there.

Because Celtic of course never get a chance to play semis or finals in Glasgow.

Just now, Mort said:

The SPFL are (finally) able to get out of the contract stating both Betfred Cup semi-finals must take place at Hampden. Provided all parties can agree, Hearts v Celtic is in line to move to Murrayfield. Date and kick-off time TBC.

A bit of a surprise if true. But a welcome surprise.

Sadly, this hasn't been brought about by common-sense on the part of the SPFL - people in power have had to be forced into the change instead of doing it out of their own volition for the good of the game. Can't help but feel that pressure for change is still needed in the longer term.

After reading Doncaster’s comments it looks highly likely they will move the game to Murrayfield. Massive Hearts army predicted! ?

Hackney Hearts

Brendan will be relieved. Hearts will no longer have the clear advantage of playing on a surface that's been destroyed in the previous match.

Jambo, Goodbye

And as if my magic,  they can "Get out of the contract". Doncaster is just a complete triangle faced  liar. 

Auldreekie1874
7 minutes ago, Mort said:

Set in Stone.

Oh, Barry.

???

4 minutes ago, Mort said:

The contract apparently says ‘unless the police say they can’t’, and today the police federation has been calling the decision ‘idiotic’ and the ACC calling for a rethink. So I guess they can’t use that as an excuse any more.

You really do weep for football in this country when you think that they actually held a meeting, at which they concluded that having both games at Hampden on the same day was not only a viable idea, but the best one available.

Its amazing that the SPFL can now seem to get out of the contract?

Doncaster stated that they had exhausted all solutions and the ONLY one was to play both on the same day,and suddenly it seems not (although will wait and see).

If  it does happen, it shows Doncaster to be a total liar,and show no consideration for anyone except the Old Firm. He just supposed that we would all except the ruling, mumble a bit and move on, but it seems he misjudged.

No matter what happens, he must resign as he is a total puppet of the Old firm, and his position is now untenable.