• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

ming the merciless

Even the SPFL (as arrogant as they are) can't be seen to have had 'further discussions' on this and then arrive at the same boll*cks decision as first time. Only slight worry is they'll come out with a solution that's even worse.

15 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

SNP MSP says there has been a lack of consideration for families

SNP MSP Gordon MacDonald says there has been a lack of consideration for families and he expresses concern for Hearts fans who will be lucky to get home by midnight, due to the 7.45pm kick off.

A number of MSPs express their concern about the scheduling of two semi-finals on the same day at Hampden.

Tory MSP Jeremy Balfour calls for one of the games to be moved and Mr Fitzpatrick reiterates his point that the SPFL will be listening to this.

Philip SimVerified account @BBCPhilipSim
FollowingFollowing @BBCPhilipSim

Jeremy Balfour says he was hoping to take his two girls to see Hearts progress to the final, but now cannot due to the timing - which is a "retrograde step" in attracting families. He says one game should be moved. Joe Fitzpatrick says he's hopeful the SPFL is listening

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/tories-to-grill-jeremy-balfour-over-ipad-games-1-3084586

Police Scotland have clearly been told by Scottish Government that this can't happen.

Police Scotland will now say the games can't both take place at Hampden that day. That triggers the exceptional circumstance clause with the Hampden contract. One game can then be played at Murrayfield.

Prediction:

Aberdeen v Rangers at Hampden at 2pm

Hearts v Celtic at Murrayfield at 4pm

Doncaster to announce this as the ideal solution, blame Scotrail, Hearts and Aberdeen for the inconvenience to Old Firm fans and remind everyone we can now watch the games live in Australia.

I P Knightley
47 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I think both Hearts and Aberdeen should take 25,000 tickets each and then refuse to sell them rather than take no tickets at all. If we take no tickets both the OF will end up with 50K fans in the ground. One end full and the other end empty at both games with live TV coverage would be the ultimate embarrassment for Doncaster.

Fwiw I think we will take 25K tickets and sell 10K max, same with the sheep.

I thought that this is what Craig said ought to happen. Take the full 50% allocation; sell what we can and leave big, empty spaces (and a hole in the bank book).

2 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

**** Hamilton, full of Iraqis

"Accies". Get your ears cleaned. :)

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Its taking a long time to sort out these allocations. Each club initially gets 50% of the available tickets for their game. Job done!!!!!

They've got to decide who gets which end. It's not easy. Gie them a break.

28 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Not a chance pal, but fully emphasise with your plight. As a non local supporter this type of farce is a proper headache. 

We went to a gig that was cancelled last minute in the summer so down on train and hotel fees (and holiday days) but hey ho, was completely unavoidable. This however was avoidable. Hope it's not too much of a sting for you. 

Its happened to me before and got jackshit - I am currently waiting and waiting on this one, but flights just increase in price daily while these wankers dilly dally

4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

The Celtic fans will be there in numbers  because its in their back yard, and any seats we don't sell will be recycled to them,

I don't see it. The last 2 Scottish Cup Semi-final's against them in 2005 and in 2012 had crowds of around 38,000 and 36,000 and were at much earlier kick off times. These crowds included Hearts supports of between 11-12,000 meaning there were only circa 26,000 and 24,000 Celtic. There were plenty tickets available should they have wanted them. Fast forward to this shambles, being played on a Sunday night at 7.45pm in the 'wee' cup, a trophy they have won the last 2 years and one that this season is an inconvenience to them and their fans given they'll have played 12 times in Europe before Christmas and I just don't see a massive Celtic support at all. I forsee around 20,000 of them and 5-7000 Hearts fans and a half empty stadium.

That all said Hearts, as outlined by Craig Levein, should 100% demand a 50-50 split regardless. 

2 minutes ago, ming the merciless said:

Even the SPFL (as arrogant as they are) can't be seen to have had 'further discussions' on this and then arrive at the same boll*cks decision as first time. Only slight worry is they'll come out with a solution that's even worse.

It will not be to the detriment of either of the Uglies! (i.e. it will not detract from being advantageous to them)

joondalupjambo
7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Police Scotland as bad as the SPFL. Why did they rush this decision without actually thinking about it?

As the great man said, "Fools rush in where wise men never go".

2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Police Scotland have clearly been told by Scottish Government that this can't happen.

Police Scotland will now say the games can't both take place at Hampden that day. That triggers the exceptional circumstance clause with the Hampden contract. One game can then be played at Murrayfield.

Prediction:

Aberdeen v Rangers at Hampden at 2pm

Hearts v Celtic at Murrayfield at 4pm

Doncaster to announce this as the ideal solution, blame Scotrail, Hearts and Aberdeen for the inconvenience to Old Firm fans and remind everyone we can now watch the games live in Australia.

Absolutely NO chance Celtic will play Hearts in Edinburgh!

Hackney Hearts
5 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Well that would suit us down to the ground (pun intended).

Retain the advantage of Celtic coming off the back of a Europa game, AND maximise our support.

So almost guaranteed not to happen. :smile:

3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Its happened to me before and got jackshit - I am currently waiting and waiting on this one, but flights just increase in price daily while these wankers dilly 

Same ere....need to book flights wish they would hurry up make see minds up

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Grass is too long for a starter

21 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

‘Foolish’ - not really necessary was it?

Forgive me for being foolish but the authorities confirmed the kick off times. So no there wasn’t a chance of things being changed in normal circumstances as confirmed has a pretty cast iron meaning. 

I accept as a season ticket holder that lives far away i will have more expensive travel costs for games confirmed at short notice for tv etc. 

But I don’t see how booking travel for a confirmed fixture is foolish? Tough **** re compensation? sure. Foolish? Not having that

I stand by it - Ann Budge is even quoted saying she'll be fighting for it to be moved (paraphrased obviously). You've jumped the gun. Your dedication is admirable but you should have waited.

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

If Police Scotland are calling the shots this will be the easiest solution to police. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the police raised the objection with Doncaster's knowledge. He knows he's shat the bed here but can't backtrack on his own without looking like a fool. So the police raise "we have new concerns" so they have a bit of time to cover.

My guess is it will in the end be (unofficially of course) put to Celtic as to whether they want the fixture date moved and the subsequent re-juggling of the schedule or to come to Murrayfield.

50 minutes ago, Barack said:

Like I said. The upper echelons of Police Management, are as political as the politicians.

They know they've ****ed this up, and are manoeuvring themselves, to cast the SPFL & Doncaster, as the sole harbinger of doom.

By re-examining this, they're all but admitting that due diligence into this, wasn't done to the fullest extent.

Net's closing, Neil...

It is, and he's laid a trap for himself with all the lies.  If Police Scotland say they won't agree to both games going ahead on the same day, it will have to be switched to Murrayfield on the same day, as Neil has already stated quite categorically that there is no space left in the fixture schedule to rearrange the match to another date.

StevenNaismith
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I wouldn’t be so sure.

...a bit disco

EXCLUSIVE: SPFL consider moving Hearts vs Celtic Betfred Cup semi final to Murrayfield https://bit.ly/2Qm95Sn 

Holders Celtic's Betfred Cup semi final clash with Hearts could be moved from Hampden to Murrayfield under new plans set to be discussed by the SPFL.

The original proposal to host both that tie and the Aberdeen vs Rangers semi final at Hampden on the same day has come in for heavy criticism.

The new plan would see Aberdeen v Rangers remain at Hampden and possibly put back to a mid-afternoon kick off from it's current noon start while Celtic would play Hearts at Murrayfield with a potential lunch time kick off.

All this will be discussed when SPFL chiefs meet with Police Scotland counterparts for fresh talks.

It comes after police chiefs called for a fresh meeting to rethink the date and venue for the two ties.

Currently Aberdeen and Rangers are due to kick off at noon at the National Stadium on Sunday, October 28, with Hearts and Celtic taking to the same venue at 7.30pm on the same date.

It's understood the preferred plan is now to split the two semis across two venues

The ties had been scheduled for October 27 and 28 but Rangers and Celtic's involvement in Europa League action on the Thursday beforehand meant organisers moved both games to the Sunday.

Some had suggested the ties could be played on the same day but at separate stadia - with Murrayfield highlighted as a potential host.

The SPFL met with all four clubs and said they have a contractual obligation to stage the ties at the National Stadium with operators Hampden Park Limited - unless the police intervened.

Aberdeen have hit out at the timing of the first semi - pointing out that the first train into Glasgow that day arrives at 12.14pm.

Hearts are also angry - with chief Ann Budge describing the plans as a "disaster waiting to happen".

Last night the Scottish Police Federation's general secretary Calum Steele described the scheduling as "idiotic".

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You've jumped the gun. 

You think he doesn't realise that? No need to slag the guy off for it!

And we may be jumping the gun again - the decision hasn't been changed yet! And if it happens, we don't know what to.

2 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the police raised the objection with Doncaster's knowledge. He knows he's shat the bed here but can't backtrack on his own without looking like a fool. So the police raise "we have new concerns" so they have a bit of time to cover.

My guess is it will in the end be (unofficially of course) put to Celtic as to whether they want the fixture date moved and the subsequent re-juggling of the schedule or to come to Murrayfield.

That would not surprise me - Doncaster will already be taking instructions from Lawell.....

8 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Well that would suit us down to the ground (pun intended).

Retain the advantage of Celtic coming off the back of a Europa game, AND maximise our support.

So almost guaranteed not to happen. :smile:

Would be the absolute BEST scenario for us by miles!!!!!  

Murrayfield early afternoon kick off

Massive Hearts support

And biggest bonus it still means we get Celtic with us fresh and them having returned from getting the runaround in Germany

???

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

And we may be jumping the gun again - the decision hasn't been changed yet! And if it happens, we don't know what to.

I'm not slagging anyone off, all I've said it was a bit foolish to have jumped the gun and booked up travel and accomm when the whole thing was up in the air.

I'll leave it at that.

20 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I completely get that. I took issue as i was called foolish. My admittedly long shot question around compensation was the fact the fixtures were officially confirmed, hence this is an exceptional circumstance. 

Re cost, it’s still in the hundreds, as are all short notice games. 

As i said before i have no problem with short notice confirmation and i’m in the minority living so far away and attending so many games, but the point i’m taking issue with from another poster is calling me foolish for booking to attend a game that was announced as confirmed, outcry or not. 

Try contacting Hearts about your predicament.  Who knows, they might cover your losses given it's the SPFL's crazy decision that has inconvenienced the fans.

In fact, if the fixture is rescheduled, it would be a great gesture by Hearts to offer to compensate any fans who will be out of pocket as a result of having to rearrange travel plans.

Dalstonjambo
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I stand by it - Ann Budge is even quoted saying she'll be fighting for it to be moved (paraphrased obviously). You've jumped the gun. Your dedication is admirable but you should have waited.

Whilst you have a point I understand, from my point of view, At what point do you wait until? 

In reality the people who run the tournament confirming the fixture and kick off time is a pretty solid indication. 

I’m not aware of anytime an FA/Organising committee changes a confirmed kick off time based on fan outcry? Literally no precedent for it. Hence my original (admittedly long shot) question re compensation. 

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

EXCLUSIVE: SPFL consider moving Hearts vs Celtic Betfred Cup semi final to Murrayfield https://bit.ly/2Qm95Sn 

Holders Celtic's Betfred Cup semi final clash with Hearts could be moved from Hampden to Murrayfield under new plans set to be discussed by the SPFL.

The original proposal to host both that tie and the Aberdeen vs Rangers semi final at Hampden on the same day has come in for heavy criticism.

The new plan would see Aberdeen v Rangers remain at Hampden and possibly put back to a mid-afternoon kick off from it's current noon start while Celtic would play Hearts at Murrayfield with a potential lunch time kick off.

All this will be discussed when SPFL chiefs meet with Police Scotland counterparts for fresh talks.

It comes after police chiefs called for a fresh meeting to rethink the date and venue for the two ties.

Currently Aberdeen and Rangers are due to kick off at noon at the National Stadium on Sunday, October 28, with Hearts and Celtic taking to the same venue at 7.30pm on the same date.

It's understood the preferred plan is now to split the two semis across two venues

The ties had been scheduled for October 27 and 28 but Rangers and Celtic's involvement in Europa League action on the Thursday beforehand meant organisers moved both games to the Sunday.

Some had suggested the ties could be played on the same day but at separate stadia - with Murrayfield highlighted as a potential host.

The SPFL met with all four clubs and said they have a contractual obligation to stage the ties at the National Stadium with operators Hampden Park Limited - unless the police intervened.

Aberdeen have hit out at the timing of the first semi - pointing out that the first train into Glasgow that day arrives at 12.14pm.

Hearts are also angry - with chief Ann Budge describing the plans as a "disaster waiting to happen".

Last night the Scottish Police Federation's general secretary Calum Steele described the scheduling as "idiotic".

Well the Police HAVE intervened..................probably at the prompting of Doncaster as he realises he has made a total balls of this!!!!

Dalstonjambo
3 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Exactly my point. I may have jumped the gun, but i jumped it based on a CONFIRMED kick off time/location from the tournament organiser. 

Being called foolish for that seems a tad harsh. 

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

They will if they are told the only alternative is to go back to Saturday at Hampden, as the semi-final was originally scheduled for.

I should have added that should this be changed Doncaster's position would be completely untenable given the huge waste of time, resources (therefore money) that everyone has encountered. The man and his cohorts are totally unfit for purpose and there is no way he should survive such a shambles. 

11 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

https://youtu.be/xM-YXxAJtrY

First gif failed ?

Edited by Dannie Boy

Just now, RobNox said:

Try contacting Hearts about your predicament.  Who knows, they might cover your losses given it's the SPFL's crazy decision that has inconvenienced the fans.

In fact, if the fixture is rescheduled, it would be a great gesture by Hearts to offer to compensate any fans who will be out of pocket as a result of having to rearrange travel plans.

Hearts cant possibly be held accountable by fans for this shambles!

Just now, RobNox said:

They will if they are told the only alternative is to go back to Saturday at Hampden, as the semi-final was originally scheduled for.

I will be gobsmacked and delighted if our game goes ahead at Murrayfield.

Hackney Hearts
5 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Would be the absolute BEST scenario for us by miles!!!!!  

And BT could still have their SUPER SUNDAY - with the first match at the BT Murrayfield Stadium.

27 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Doncaster told us the Police were happy with the plans!!!  Who's telling porkies???

He also said the clubs had been consulted, but that was news to Aberdeen and Hearts.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hearts cant possibly be held accountable by fans for this shambles!

I'm not suggesting they should be, just think it would be a great gesture to offer to reimburse fans who will be out of pocket thanks to the SPFL's incompetence.

Captain America
6 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Whilst you have a point I understand, from my point of view, At what point do you wait until? 

In reality the people who run the tournament confirming the fixture and kick off time is a pretty solid indication. 

I’m not aware of anytime an FA/Organising committee changes a confirmed kick off time based on fan outcry? Literally no precedent for it. Hence my original (admittedly long shot) question re compensation. 

Last game of 2014/2015 Championship season, they moved our game against Rangers to a different day IIRC then had to move it back due to outcry.

...a bit disco

New plan for the Betfred Cup semis under discussion. Would see Aberdeen v Rangers remain at Hampden (possibly put back to a mid afternoon KO) and Celtic play Hearts at Murrayfield (probable lunchtime KO). Would seem to make much more sense.

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

And BT could still have their SUPER SUNDAY - with the first match at the BT Murrayfield Stadium.

Indeed. The mind really does boggle at the ineptitude.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I will be gobsmacked and delighted if our game goes ahead at Murrayfield.

Inferior playing surface but why not...?

Hackney Hearts
5 minutes ago, magicTs said:

I should have added that should this be changed Doncaster's position would be completely untenable given the huge waste of time, resources (therefore money) that everyone has encountered. The man and his cohorts are totally unfit for purpose and there is no way he should survive such a shambles. 

Absolutely. The fact that parliamentary time has been taken up with it today is ridiculous - he should have accepted his mistake over the weekend and rectified it first thing Monday morning at the latest. 

1 minute ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

This looks increasingly like it’s coming to Edinburgh ??

Sure looks like a change is ongoing in talks!

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Absolutely. The fact that parliamentary time has been taken up with it today is ridiculous - he should have accepted his mistake over the weekend and rectified it first thing Monday morning at the latest. 

Exactly why a vote of no confidence needs to be raised against him by the clubs.

3 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Is this kick off set in concrete yet

Planning my route now would be good, although ****ing long

Brussels - Amsterdam bus 02:00 Sunday morning

Amsters - Edinburgh 09:00

Train to Glasgow TBC

Walk back to Edinburgh Sunday night for 08:00 flight back Monday morning

Wasn't going to do this, but just can't miss it 

Edinburgh game at Murrayfield would be good for this