Hybrid Pitch

kila

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, troonmaroon said:

Was it recently or at the time of the original build? Sounds malicious...!? 

So is the brown staining expected to lighten? I saw mention that it's drying...? 

Agreed nobody could mix cement on that without meaning to do so. I hope the club pursues the culprits for damages.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

In your mind perhaps. 😄I was fed the information to post on here as some sort of conspiracy from within the club. 🙄

Wonderfully interesting that you posted this without any prompting. Did anyone outright accuse you of partaking in a "conspiracy from within the club" or did you just assume that someone did?

Psychedelicropcircle
11 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Just as I suspected, the thought of losing face on your website is too much for you to handle. 

**** me gee it a rest ! 

2 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

**** me gee it a rest ! 

Get ****ed mate :) 

Edited by Phil Dunphy

12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Today. 

64DBB498-4D40-425A-93AB-82AAED48C2DC.jpeg

This picture sums up where we are as a club just now. 

Massive amounts of money has been spent on players : pitches : stand ... and the fans buying the club. 

The results on all fronts have been unprofessional and grotesquely mismanaged.
We are left hoping someone can clean things up .. reality is that it’s a much bigger job and that real damage has been done.

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Wonderfully interesting that you posted this without any prompting. Did anyone outright accuse you of partaking in a "conspiracy from within the club" or did you just assume that someone did?

Sadly your rather childish ‘I know better than you do’ posts on this thread that I’m having to wade through are unbelievably boring🥱 

3 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Sadly your rather childish ‘I know better than you do’ posts on this thread that I’m having to wade through are unbelievably boring🥱 

Stick me on ignore then :) 

13 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

13 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Today. 

2 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

I was on the stadium tour in October and the guide was telling us about this. If this is a recent picture then it looks exactly as it did back then. Does this mean its ruined. 

Per my link to my google drive and Dave's follow up photo, these were taken yesterday.

42 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

How else do you think I’ll get to become a director? 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How else do you think I’ll get to become a director? 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 👍👍👍

33 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Per my link to my google drive and Dave's follow up photo, these were taken yesterday.

Were you on the 2:30 tour?

Dougie Masterton
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

But they removed it while building work continued? And whether accidental or deliberate the most valuable bit of the old stand retained is allowed to have cement mixed on it! Will be accused of being Hibs but in a way symbolises for me the incompetence of much of the running of the club. On and off the pitch

I suppose the good news is that Roman mosaics two thousand years old can be restored so it should be recoverable. At some cost.

The only time it was removed was when the demolition of the old stand was complete. Ann herself want to check to see if any damage had taken place. It was replaced immediately after the inspection. As far as cement mixers being left on it, i haven't a clue.  

Francis Albert
31 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

The only time it was removed was when the demolition of the old stand was complete. Ann herself want to check to see if any damage had taken place. It was replaced immediately after the inspection. As far as cement mixers being left on it, i haven't a clue.  

Sorry I meant  the steel plate to protect it was removed before the  builders or plasterers went to work, presumably  on fitting out the heritage room which is to display it and other relics from the old stand. If I do any decoration or have decorators in I ensure I or they protect our flooring. And I don't have any one hundred year old listed tiling work on my floors.  

Edited by Francis Albert

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Sorry I meant  the steel plate to protect it was removed before the  builders or plasterers went to work, presumably  on fitting out the heritage room which is to display it and other relics from the old stand. If I do any decoration or have decorators in I ensue I or they protect our flooring. And I don't have any one hundred year old listed tiling work on my floors.  

I think it’s only about 80 years old but It’s a valid point. 

18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Today. 

Is this actually cement? It doesn’t look like cement as it’s too brown. If it’s not cement I could get this cleaned. Sacrilegious whatever the case. Would like to inspect this to make an assessment. Who’s responsible for the safe keeping of this historical artefact? 

11 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Is this actually cement? It doesn’t look like cement as it’s too brown. If it’s not cement I could get this cleaned. Sacrilegious whatever the case. Would like to inspect this to make an assessment. Who’s responsible for the safe keeping of this historical artefact? 

No idea. Others have said it was caused by plasterers. Maybe you should offer your services to the Museum people?

15 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Looks more like grout. Or possibly a screed. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

No idea. Others have said it was caused by plasterers. Maybe you should offer your services to the Museum people?

I’ll call in on Monday and see them. Plaster is easy to remove. Cement not so much so as it would need chemicals and could damage the mosaic tiles 

1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Looks more like grout. Or possibly a screed. 

Yeh grout is more realistic. Painstaking to  remove this. Acid wash would help soften it but can’t risk any abrasives on it for sure 

7 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

I’ll call in on Monday and see them. Plaster is easy to remove. Cement not so much so as it would need chemicals and could damage the mosaic tiles 

That would be a nice gesture. 👍

8 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Yeh grout is more realistic. Painstaking to  remove this. Acid wash would help soften it but can’t risk any abrasives on it for sure 

Acid wash would work perfect I think. Used it on discoloured ceramic tiles and grout before and it came up brand new. Definitely wouldn't recommend anything abrasive. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

That would be a nice gesture. 👍

I’ve already put the feelers out to a few of my sub contract tilers on the best remedy. Will get a good look at it and try and clean a sample of the plain tiles in the corner before going all out on it. One of the museum guys lives just up the road from me so hopefully he’ll let me In to see the mess of it 

Just now, Jambo Hardhat said:

I’ve already put the feelers out to a few of my sub contract tilers on the best remedy. Will get a good look at it and try and clean a sample of the plain tiles in the corner before going all out on it. One of the museum guys lives just up the road from me so hopefully he’ll let me In to see the mess of it 

👍👍

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think it’s only about 80 years old but It’s a valid point. 

Simon Inglis's book "Engineering Archie" says a mosaic at the entrance was a common decorative feature of Archibald Leitch's stands and that only two of them survive … the other at Ibrox. From that I had assumed it was a feature of our 2014 old stand. 

As you say its precise age is somewhat beside the point - whether about 80 or over a hundred years old it should have been looked after more carefully!

Edited by Francis Albert

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Simon Inglis's book "Engineering Archie" says a mosaic at the entrance was a common decorative feature of Archibald Leitch's stands and that only two of them survive … the other at Ibrox. From that I had assumed it was a feature of our 2014 old stand. 

As you say whether about 80 or over a hundred years old it should have been looked after more carefully!

I think it was installed in the 1930s but could be wrong. Ironic that folk walked all over it for 80 years then once it's only for display this happens. 

12 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Quite upsetting reading this thread (with regards to the mosaic not the pissing up the wall contest between 2 posters) but your posts have lifted my spirits somewhat.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Quite upsetting reading this thread (with regards to the mosaic not the pissing up the wall contest between 2 posters) but your posts have lifted my spirits somewhat.

Have faith graygo. I’ve yet to find a challenge I haven’t won....and this won’t be the one that beats me

19 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Acid wash would work perfect I think. Used it on discoloured ceramic tiles and grout before and it came up brand new. Definitely wouldn't recommend anything abrasive. 

patio cleaner would sort this no problem.

7 minutes ago, sac said:

patio cleaner would sort this no problem.

There’s a few on the market. Everbuild do a brick cleaner/ patio cleaner for cement based residue. Once I find out what it is then hopefully it won’t  be a problem. I’ve got a few Hibs fans on the books just now so I’ve got the very job in mind for them. Obviously supervised by a jambo (yours  truly) of course 

On 10/01/2020 at 21:35, Jambof3tornado said:

Much further apart though. 

On 10/01/2020 at 21:50, Boris5115 said:

May be the case in Summer but not the case in Winter. Hence the reason their pitch is entirely covered with lighting rigs at this time of year. 

The stands at Murrayfield get closer together during the winter? I know many things shrink in cold weather, but I've never heard of entire stadiums doing so! 

Edit: never mind, done already! 

Edited by FarmerTweedy

6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The stands at Murrayfield get closer together during the winter? I know many things shrink in cold weather, but I've never heard of entire stadiums doing so! 

:waiting:

On 10/01/2020 at 21:52, graygo said:

They move the stands closer together in winter?   :wow:

22 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Edit: never mind, done already! 

14 minutes ago, graygo said:

:waiting:

I did edit!

Great minds and all that! 

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I did edit!

Great minds and all that! 

The funny thing is Boris never did come back and explain what he meant.  

2 hours ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Have faith graygo. I’ve yet to find a challenge I haven’t won....and this won’t be the one that beats me

This is the kind of post I want to see on JKB. Well done mate.

WheatfieldWarrior
On 10/01/2020 at 22:42, Noah Claypole said:

It's a football pitch, I played on a pitch that had wood shavings for lines and the Mole hills had to be trampled down before we kicked off.  

You played at Pittodrie?

21 hours ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Anymore comms with the club regarding this? Really hope we can restore it to its former glory 

43 minutes ago, campbell said:

Anymore comms with the club regarding this? Really hope we can restore it to its former glory 

Got a steel delivery and seven beams to fit tomorrow morning. Will then go into Tynecastle tomorrow to see the damage. Will plan a course of action once I’ve seen this and know what it is that has marked it 

Ex member of the SaS

I have a plastic attachment for a battery gun that works like a wire brush, but is obviously less harsh. Advertised as a way to clean bathroom tiles. Maybe something like this with a mild chemical would " scrub " them clean.

2 hours ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Got a steel delivery and seven beams to fit tomorrow morning. Will then go into Tynecastle tomorrow to see the damage. Will plan a course of action once I’ve seen this and know what it is that has marked it 

Excellent! Please keep us updated on how you get on! Pieces of history like this should be looked after, it’s sad it’s ended up like this 

On 11/01/2020 at 10:19, maroonsgotop said:

that aint no accident.

also does anyone know why the left side doesn't go in a straight line

It was the floor of an irregularly shaped space

On 11/01/2020 at 00:01, davemclaren said:

Today. 

Whoever did that should be prosecuted. It’s as clear-cut a piece of vandalism as you’re ever likely to see. How the **** was this allowed to happen?

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, leginten said:

Whoever did that should be prosecuted. It’s as clear-cut a piece of vandalism as you’re ever likely to see. How the **** was this allowed to happen?

Agreed that this shouldn't be allowed to rest. Someone is culpable. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 hours ago, leginten said:

Can we not send the bill for restoring it to the building contractor?

highlandjambo3
On 11/01/2020 at 11:25, jambos are go! said:

When I look at the recent posts it reminds of why I am much less active on this board than I used to be. Having the last word and not backing down triumphs over any informed exchange of views. 

Can I offer an opinion and stress that it is only an opinion based on my thoughts alone. My opinion is that there is residual and persistent rancour against the Budge regime stemming from the FOH buyout from Romanov. Some of those involved either think they did not get enough credit or don't think Budge deserves the adulation she generally gets. These informed doubters are the source  of much of the negativity being posted on business management  of our club even though they may not post it openly but use others as  mouthpieces. 

There are in addition the usual torn faced disasters who love the sound of their complaining voices.

Agreed............with the above in bold being the major part of that statement.