Hybrid Pitch

kila

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It has to be something to do with the soil underneath. 

I can't see how a concert in one part of the pitch can cause the grass not to grow in the corners at the opposite side of the pitch. 

And grass grows anywhere, as long as it has light and water, it absolutely has to be something to do with what's happening underneath. 

So how come it was perfect this time last year. If there was an issue with the soil it would have been a mess last year but it was fine. It has also been confirmed by several on this topic that essential maintenance which should have been carried out at the end of the season did not happen. I'm not saying that you are wrong but if what you are saying is correct then we should have a claim against the installation company and the project management company. I'm sticking with the essential maintenance not being carried out as the issue. All about opinions tho. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

So how come it was perfect this time last year. If there was an issue with the soil it would have been a mess last year but it was fine. It has also been confirmed by several on this topic that essential maintenance which should have been carried out at the end of the season did not happen. I'm not saying that you are wrong but if what you are saying is correct then we should have a claim against the installation company and the project management company. I'm sticking with the essential maintenance not being carried out as the issue. All about opinions tho. 

Sometimes defects and issues come to the fore over time. 

What was the essential maintenance? Then I could perhaps see an issue from that. 

Koro top field maker. An essential maintenence routine that Hybrid pitches should get every close season. This has been confirmed by our resident Groundsman. I trust his word. 

31 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Sometimes defects and issues come to the fore over time. 

What was the essential maintenance? Then I could perhaps see an issue from that. 

Read yesterday’s posts - it’s all there.

3 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Koro top field maker. An essential maintenence routine that Hybrid pitches should get every close season. This has been confirmed by our resident Groundsman. I trust his word. 

How often do hybrid training pitches get this essential maintenance? 

You would expect it would be every few months, if a match pitch needs it every season. 

Edited by SUTOL

55 minutes ago, Ak47 said:

Considering the guy posted it himself I'm hardly grassing anyone up.

Aye ok McCabe

2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

But Budge says a different line.

Need some more info on this as the pitch isn’t going to help our relegation battle unless we revert to Leveinball for the home games 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

It has to be something to do with the soil underneath. 

I can't see how a concert in one part of the pitch can cause the grass not to grow in the corners at the opposite side of the pitch. 

And grass grows anywhere, as long as it has light and water, it absolutely has to be something to do with what's happening underneath. 

Have you read the recent information on this thread?

Every season a hybrid pitch seemingly needs the top surface scarified to remove old grass and allow fresh grass to establish itself and give a healthy coverage.

Seemingly this essential annual maintenance was not carried out on our pitch.

MarkDevriesScores4

Regardless of the speculation regarding why the pitch looks like a ploughed tattie field, the pitch cost £1m and is now reduced to a pitch that appears to be worth less than £100k. 

In my opinion, there is a real need for a proper explanation seeing as it was fans funds that were used to pay for it.

To date, no proper explanation has been provided. If there is an issue with the pitch, the suppliers are surely liable unless our staff have not followed the instructions provided (as suggested) which would invalidate any guarantee.

The club really should clarify what has happened here. Not the half arsed explanations that have been eeking out on JKB.

5 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

How often do hybrid training pitches get this essential maintenance? 

You would expect it would be every few months, if a match pitch needs it every season. 

As far as I have been informed the removal of the top surface of old grass only needs carried out annually usually during the growing season.

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Regardless of the speculation regarding why the pitch looks like a ploughed tattie field, the pitch cost £1m and is now reduced to a pitch that appears to be worth less than £100k. 

In my opinion, there is a real need for a proper explanation seeing as it was fans funds that were used to pay for it.

To date, no proper explanation has been provided. If there is an issue with the pitch, the suppliers are surely liable unless our staff have not followed the instructions provided (as suggested) which would invalidate any guarantee.

The club really should clarify what has happened here. Not the half arsed explanations that have been eeking out on JKB.

Totally agree - Mrs Budge needs to come clean - we can handle the truth!

2 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

The club have no intention of telling us what is going on because they fecked up by not following the maintenance programme. Simples. 

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Totally agree - Mrs Budge needs to come clean - we can handle the truth!

No danger is she going to stick her hand up and admit it was her fault. 

Adam_the_legend
7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

If Ann had given a straightforward answer at the AGM it would have avoided a lot of speculation. Remember when she used to be praised for open-ness and transparency?

I think one of groundspeople moles suggested it would have been a waste of time to do the skimming or whatever because of the concert. Maybe the pitch could have coped with a match but not with a bloody great stage over half the pitch for days on end.

Think this has been overplayed, AB can spin with the best of them. Remember when the seats not arriving was due to bad weather 🤔

11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

As far as I have been informed the removal of the top surface of old grass only needs carried out annually usually during the growing season.

I suppose that makes sense. I was reading on the SIS website about hybrid pitches being good for 100 matches as opposed to a grass pitch which is 30. (presumably per season, without need to much in the way of remedial work, other than normal maintenance) There is a page on the St Georges training centre which mentions the 'skimming' and shows a video of one of their training pitches getting it done after "100's" of hours of use. 

There seems to be no other mention of this "essential" expensive maintenance procedure elsewhere on their website. Which seems a bit strange...

A wee reminder.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/pitch-perfect-1

Including this belter.

We are also now in a position where we can consider utilising the new surface for non-footballing events in order to increase our revenue streams. Rest assured, however, that our primary concern will at all times be to ensure that the condition of the pitch remains uncompromised.

Edited by graygo

29 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Have you read the recent information on this thread?

Every season a hybrid pitch seemingly needs the top surface scarified to remove old grass and allow fresh grass to establish itself and give a healthy coverage.

Seemingly this essential annual maintenance was not carried out on our pitch.

Nah. I haven't but thanks. That's shoddy but then again everything at Hearts is shoddy and amatueresq. Couldn't run a bath this lot incharge. 

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Can we not just paint it? Jobs a good'un!

👊👊

Painted the grass between the main gate sangar and the main guard room at RAF Kinloss for a royal visit early 90s. I thought the SWO(Station Warrant Officer), was taking the piss!! I never questioned a SWO again after the skelp he gave me!!!

It looked shit.

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Painted the grass between the main gate sangar and the main guard room at RAF Kinloss for a royal visit early 90s. I thought the SWO(Station Warrant Officer), was taking the piss!! I never questioned a SWO again after the skelp he gave me!!!

It looked shit.

How long would it take you to paint our pitch?

16 minutes ago, graygo said:

A wee reminder.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/pitch-perfect-1

Including this belter.

We are also now in a position where we can consider utilising the new surface for non-footballing events in order to increase our revenue streams. Rest assured, however, that our primary concern will at all times be to ensure that the condition of the pitch remains uncompromised.

Odear ☹️. I wonder if our owner has seen this. 

30 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I suppose that makes sense. I was reading on the SIS website about hybrid pitches being good for 100 matches as opposed to a grass pitch which is 30. (presumably per season, without need to much in the way of remedial work, other than normal maintenance) There is a page on the St Georges training centre which mentions the 'skimming' and shows a video of one of their training pitches getting it done after "100's" of hours of use. 

There seems to be no other mention of this "essential" expensive maintenance procedure elsewhere on their website. Which seems a bit strange...

Is ‘skimming’ not the essential maintenance procedure seemingly not carried out by Hearts?

33 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Think this has been overplayed, AB can spin with the best of them. Remember when the seats not arriving was due to bad weather 🤔

Was Scott Gardiner responsible for the bad weather.....    

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Was Scott Gardiner responsible for the bad weather.....    

No that was Levein's fault obviously

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Is ‘skimming’ not the essential maintenance procedure seemingly not carried out by Hearts?

Yes apparently.

But it seems strange it's not mentioned anywhere, not even as a service SIS offer in their maintenance of pitches section! 

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How long would it take you to paint our pitch?

What about green sand to make it look better. I remember the club formerly known as The Glasgow Rangers regularly used this on ibrox to make it appear better than it was. 

3 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

No that was Levein's fault obviously

Couldn’t have been - Scott was shown the door....Levein is still here! 😏

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Couldn’t have been - Scott was shown the door....Levein is still here! 😏

😁😀

See when people say we spent £1m on the pitch, they do realise that most of that money would have been on the undersoil heating, new soil, sprinkler system, computer system AND the top surface.

No doubt its a mess but £1m wasnt wasted on the grass.

For some reason it really bugs me when people talk as if £1m was spunked on the surface and thats it permanently knackered.

Doesnt excuse people not following proper maintenance if that was the case.

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That’s what is being said in this thread. 

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Jamboelite said:

See when people say we spent £1m on the pitch, they do realise that most of that money would have been on the undersoil heating, new soil, sprinkler system, computer system AND the top surface.

For some reason it really bugs me when people talk as if £1m was spunked on the surface and thats it permanently knackered.

I said the same about 4 pages ago. The actual grass is the cheap bit!!

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

All of which appear to not be working.

6 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

All of which appear to not be working.

Are you saying the undersoil heating and sprinkler system are faulty too. I really doubt that claim. 

14 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Correct, a few hundred thousand for the pitch, over a million for the whole shebang according to the Wolves article further up.

Wolves did a major renovation in 2010, and this time the work is purely on maintaining a high-quality playing surface – costing a six-figure sum.

“It’s in the hundreds of thousands. If you have a full construction with the undersoil heating and the drainage, you can be looking at £1million or more,” said Lumbard.

“We haven’t spent that as we did our major work back in 2010 – we had all drainage brand new, everything from the foundations to the grass on top.

Edited by graygo

Just now, Jamboelite said:

Really ?!!?

Ofcourse  not , folk can post any old shite , facts aren't important as long as you get a few bites /replies . 

MarkDevriesScores4
4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Are you saying the undersoil heating and sprinkler system are faulty too. I really doubt that claim. 

I was being slightly facetious, apologies. My point is that the issue can not be the grass alone as the pitch has seen next to no action and it is a mess. The lamps are constantly on the pitch and yet the grass doesn’t seem to want to grow. I therefore can only assume that it is not just the grass that is the issue. There has been a big error made at the club and no one seems to want to share it with the people who paid for the surface in the first place.

our £1m pitch is embarrassing. Especially when you look at other clubs who have spent a fraction of the money on surfaces that look pristine.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
26 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

We let an orchestra on the pitch just before we were due to play. That tells you everything.

8 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Really ?!!?

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I was being slightly facetious, apologies. My point is that the issue can not be the grass alone as the pitch has seen next to no action and it is a mess. The lamps are constantly on the pitch and yet the grass doesn’t seem to want to grow. I therefore can only assume that it is not just the grass that is the issue. There has been a big error made at the club and no one seems to want to share it with the people who paid for the surface in the first place.

our £1m pitch is embarrassing. Especially when you look at other clubs who have spent a fraction of the money on surfaces that look pristine.

Yes it certainly does not look good at all. More grow lamps are required but I don't believe there are any plans to purchase more at present. 

pettigrewsstylist

Truth will out. Be better volunteered than twisted and dragged out, but it will out.

Im actually okay with mistakes through honest endeavour.

That pitch would have me telling people what the problem is to stem the shouting.  

7 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

As just stated we didn't spend £1M on the surface. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

This is true but the entire thing is a £1m investment and the point of that investment is to ensure a good surface which we simply don’t have.

Yet another thing we’re handling badly.

35 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I think people get that but don't type it out all the time as most of us can gather that it is more than just the grass on show which constitutes a professional football pitch.

That said, undersoil heating, new soil, sprinkler system, computer system and the top surface is still an all encompassing waste of money if the sum of the parts looks like a tattie field.

MarkDevriesScores4
4 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

This is hard work. The surface that the players play on is the only thing that matters. Having spent stupid sums on sprinklers, computer software and heating is only worthwhile if the surface is good. The surface is appalling and therefore the investment is a waste of money. We currently own the most expensive mud in Scotland. But hey, if you enjoy that we have computers systems and pop up sprinklers rather than a playable pitch then that’s your opinion.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I think people get that but don't type it out all the time as most of us can gather that it is more than just the grass on show which constitutes a professional football pitch.

That said, undersoil heating, new soil, sprinkler system, computer system and the top surface is still an all encompassing waste of money if the sum of the parts looks like a tattie field.

The only positive is that the problem ( if it is the problem ) should be an easy fix in the summer...maybe. 

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We let an orchestra on the pitch just before we were due to play. That tells you everything.

The orchestra thing is not the direct reason for the state of the pitch, it may have caused it indirectly but the fact is that we could probably have a concert on the pitch next week and no lasting damage would be done to the pitch. (if it was perfect now)

The club did ask the manufacturers if it would be ok and were told that it would.

The speculation is that having the concert meant that we did not do the proper maintenance on the pitch.