Hybrid Pitch

kila

2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Not an expert but it's probably being cut far too short. Not good at this time of the year.

A few of us have been saying that for years only to be shit down by the “nothing to see here” brigade!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert

Seems straightforward. Our £1 m purchase presumably came with a guarantee and maintenance instructions so we either have a claim against the manufacturer/installer or we have failed to maintain it properly.

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Seems straightforward. Our £1 m purchase presumably came with a guarantee and maintenance instructions so we either have a claim against the manufacturer/installer or we have failed to maintain it properly.

How long was the guarantee? 😎

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Vlad Magic having a bit of an internet breakdown.

Not pretty to watch. :(

Hardly but nice try.

Merely demonstrating how mind numbingly pathetic some people are by greeting over a pitch.

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Hardly but nice try.

Merely demonstrating how mind numbingly pathetic some people are by greeting over a pitch.

Will you change your tune when Stendel also comments negatively on it wanting a solution?

It epitomises Hearts right now in general - weak and patchy all over.

Just now, kila said:

Will you change your tune when Stendel also comments negatively on it wanting a solution?

It epitomises Hearts right now in general - weak and patchy all over.

If Stendel thinks the pitch is impacting performances he would, I would assume, talk to the board and raise his concerns over it.

36 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Some thing has gone seriously wrong - mind numbingly pathetic that some people (well one!) on here try to ignore that. 😉

Edited by Thomaso

Governor Tarkin
31 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Hardly but nice try.

Righto then. 👍

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Governor Tarkin
42 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Can't you ask one of your inside men, Dave? 

:sadrobbo:

54 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We are meant to have a state of the art computerised drainage system.

That's what my Dad & I were talking about. I'm old enough to mind football games at this time of year when the goalmouths and the centre of the park used to be brown & grassless but either side of the box at the Gorgie Road end looked like there was serious issues with the grass or lack of it.

Hearts posted a picture from inside the stadium on instagram last Wed/Thurs with a countdown to the St Johnstone game and the fancy light unit was on the pitch. That can't be healthy for grass growth...

4 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

That's what my Dad & I were talking about. I'm old enough to mind football games at this time of year when the goalmouths and the centre of the park used to be brown & grassless but either side of the box at the Gorgie Road end looked like there was serious issues with the grass or lack of it.

Hearts posted a picture from inside the stadium on instagram last Wed/Thurs with a countdown to the St Johnstone game and the fancy light unit was on the pitch. That can't be healthy for grass growth...

I thought the fancy light thing was there to encourage growth. 🤔

Just now, davemclaren said:

I thought the fancy light thing was there to encourage growth. 🤔

I know but every time there is a new picture of the pitch or inside the ground the thing seems to be on.

I've never understood trying to force grass to grow in winter time.

Was this pitch the 3rd laid in 5yrs?

2 Pitches laid (15 & 17?)

This one was full new drainage / heating system under it

6 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

I know but every time there is a new picture of the pitch or inside the ground the thing seems to be on.

I've never understood trying to force grass to grow in winter time.

Was this pitch the 3rd laid in 5yrs?

2 Pitches laid (15 & 17?)

This one was full new drainage / heating system under it

The UV lamps are used on most grounds to encourage growth - they only work if there is a good surface of turf to grow - ours is as bare as a badgers arse!

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

When I buy a carpet for a few hundred quid a ten year guarantee is about the norm. For £1m I don't think it would be 18 months.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

When I buy a carpet for a few hundred quid a ten year guarantee is about the norm. For £1m I don't think it would be 18 months.

No idea but perhaps it's getting fixed under warranty? 🤷🏼‍♂️

26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No idea but perhaps it's getting fixed under warranty? 🤷🏼‍♂️

How can they fix it in the winter months Dave? This is not the grass growing season even with UV lamps? 🤔

There is obviously an issue with the pitch but can all the people who admit to not being experts Google the following "does cutting grass short encourage growth?"

This was done to death on a previous thread.

It's not cutting it short that causes issues but you can cut it too short too quickly.

Pretty sure the club are aware there is a problem and are dealing with it but if not, thank God we've got "not experts" on here to keep them right.

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How can they fix it in the winter months Dave? This is not the grass growing season even with UV lamps? 🤔

Depends what the underlying issue is I suppose. There may be a longer term issue that needs fixed now but I agree the short term prognosis doesn’t look good 

23 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Undersoil heating helps growth in winter I think

41 minutes ago, graygo said:

There is obviously an issue with the pitch but can all the people who admit to not being experts Google the following "does cutting grass short encourage growth?"

This was done to death on a previous thread.

It's not cutting it short that causes issues but you can cut it too short too quickly.

Pretty sure the club are aware there is a problem and are dealing with it but if not, thank God we've got "not experts" on here to keep them right.

I did google it. It said it was OK to cut the grass short in the growing season. It also said grass stops growing at temperatures of under 50 deg F.

25 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I did google it. It said it was OK to cut the grass short in the growing season. It also said grass stops growing at temperatures of under 50 deg F.

10 C for us metric folks. 

42 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Grass still grows in winter...just slower. 😎

Someone needs to whisper* that to the grass in my back green , ******* stuff doesn’t slow down for us . Hate sending the wife out in January and February to cut it . 

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Thinking about it, after re-reading the extravagant claims of the contractors who installed the new pitch, if we have failed to maintain it properly they may even have a claim against us. The reputational damage to them of it being shown on TV in its present state must be pretty substantial.

21 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thinking about it, after re-reading the extravagant claims of the contractors who installed the new pitch, if we have failed to maintain it properly they may even have a claim against us. The reputational damage to them of it being shown on TV in its present state must be pretty substantial.

There’s a leap... 😄

32 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Someone needs to whisper* that to the grass in my back green , ******* stuff doesn’t slow down for us . Hate sending the wife out in January and February to cut it . 

Do you live in Florida? 🌞🏖

31 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

:laugh:

Maybe I have missed the 'this pitch is brought to you by...' signs around the place and announced by Scott Wilson prior to kick off

40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

10 C for us metric folks. 

Average temperature forecast for next 10 days is 6 C Dave......the grass isn’t growing any time soon.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Average temperature forecast for next 10 days is 6 C Dave......the grass isn’t growing any time soon.

Just to add to that the average temperature for Edinburgh is -

January 6c/1c

February 7c/2c

Francis Albert
22 minutes ago, kila said:

:laugh:

Maybe I have missed the 'this pitch is brought to you by...' signs around the place and announced by Scott Wilson prior to kick off

The makers and installers  certainly won't be using it in their sales brochures and their websites as an example of their work.

There was quite lot of coverage in the general press and I have no doubt even more  in the trade press about the new state of the art hybrid pitch, designed to last for years, that was to be the most monitored and controlled pitch in the world and so on.

I think anyone planning to install a £1m plus hybrid pitch might take a look at it in person  (even if they don't happen to spot it on TV) before contracting with our supplier and installers.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Read some more mate.

A pitch should be mowed on the day of a match, preferably twice.

You haven't a clue, stop pretending that you do.

54 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

😂

13 minutes ago, graygo said:

Read some more mate.

I know as much as you do mate  - anybody can google. Mowing the pitch twice on match days might work on the hybrid surfaces in the EPL - no point in doing that on ours as the grass is thin and bare!

The pitch is unacceptable and a mess, but as usual you jump in with your excuses just like you did with Levein!

Edited by Thomaso

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

😂

I am sure the contractors are also in tears with laughter ... whoever is to blame

Or even if no-one is.

Edited by Francis Albert

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, graygo said:

Read some more mate.

when obviously it should be mowed on the day of a match, but it should be mowed every day, and it shouldn’t be moved to within a millimetre if it’s existence.. 

whatever they are doing, they are doing it really really badly, whether it’s overuse, cutting it too short.. whatever it is. They need to stop it.. 

first time I’ve ever ever seen a hybrid pitch in that condition.. what an achievement 🤦‍♂️👏

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

when obviously it should be mowed on the day of a match, but it should be mowed every day, and it shouldn’t be moved to within a millimetre if it’s existence.. 

whatever they are doing, they are doing it really really badly, whether it’s overuse, cutting it too short.. whatever it is. They need to stop it.. 

first time I’ve ever ever seen a hybrid pitch in that condition.. what an achievement 🤦‍♂️👏

Exactly - mow it twice??? WTF are they going to cut!! 🙈

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am sure the contractors are also in tears with laughter ... whoever is to blame

Or even if no-one is.

Let’s just hope Ann’s to blame so we can continue to slag her off on the internet. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Let’s just hope Ann’s to blame so we can continue to slag her off on the internet. 

I’m pretty sure Ann will be livid at the state of our £1m pitch.

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It can't be mowed too often as long as it's done to the correct length. Cutting it actually promotes healthy growth. 

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’m pretty sure Ann will be livid at the state of our £1m pitch.

She will be, hopefully they get to the bottom of it as there is obviously something wrong.

Also apologies for being a bit sharp with you earlier.

16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Exactly - mow it twice??? WTF are they going to cut!! 🙈

Christ, I apologised too quickly.

Again, read up on it some more.

8 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Is she exempt  from criticism ?

been here before
9 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Fancy going round to her house and slagging her through her letterbox then?

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

It can't be mowed too often as long as it's done to the correct length. Cutting it actually promotes healthy growth. 

In the summer, over cuttting in winter, and cutting it too short which ours clearly is depletes energy strores and weakens the roots..  there is also less of a blade to absorb light

Edited by kingantti1874

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

In the summer, over cuttting in winter depletes energy strores and weakens the roots.. 

And that is exactly what my Greenkeeper pal told me. I am no expert but he is!

Stand by for more stupid comments from the usual trolls....

7 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Is she exempt  from criticism ?

As she doesn't draw a wage then yes, she is exempt from criticism.

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Christ, I apologised too quickly.

Again, read up on it some more.

Sorry no offence - think we are all frustrated what is going on at Tynecastle these days.